Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

If Jesus Is Just A Prophet Then Why? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / If Jesus Is Just A Prophet Then Why? (1837 Views)

Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet / Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview / The Legacy Of A Prophet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Jesus Is Just A Prophet Then Why? by Nezan(m): 3:22pm On Oct 06, 2009
See funny scenerio, a goat ate parts of the koran when mohammed was struggling with death.

Sunni scholars disagree on the total number of koranic verses.

FUNNY!
Re: If Jesus Is Just A Prophet Then Why? by Abuzola(m): 3:24pm On Oct 06, 2009
Where is yo hadith mr man and stop lying that goat ate the verse when muhammad was about to die. Desist !
Re: If Jesus Is Just A Prophet Then Why? by Nezan(m): 3:29pm On Oct 06, 2009
See my earlier posts on this thread na, abi you dey fear?
Re: If Jesus Is Just A Prophet Then Why? by Abuzola(m): 4:01pm On Oct 06, 2009
It didn't confirm ur claim
Re: If Jesus Is Just A Prophet Then Why? by Nezan(m): 5:16pm On Oct 07, 2009
Sunan Ibn Majah, Book of Nikah, Hadith # 1934)

'The verse of stoning and of suckling an adult ten times were revealed, and they were (written) on a leaves and kept
under my bed. When the Messenger of Allah (SAWW.) expired and we were preoccupied with his death, a goat entered and ate away them.

Ibn Abbas testified to fifty verses being added to the Quran of Uthman

Allamah Jalaluddin Suyuti has recorded a tradition from Ibn Abbas wherein he says [Tafseer Al Itqan fi Uloom al Quran, Vol 1: p. 84]:

The number of verses in the Quran are 6616.

Disagreement amongst Sunni scholars over the number of Quranic verses

Allamah Jalaluddin Suyuti, whilst citing Sunni scholarly opinion from Sunni scholar Uthman bin Saeed bin Uthman Abu Amro al-Daani (d. 444 H), wrote [Al-Itqan fi Uloom al-Quran, Vol 1: p. 84]:

Al-Daani said: ‘They agreed that the number of verses of Quran are six thousand but they disagreed in what has been added further (to the Quran), some of them didn't add more whilst others said it was two hundred and four. Some said two hundred and fourteen, others said two hundred and nineteen. Some said two hundred and twenty five, others said two hundred and thirty six.’

According to Imam of Nawasib Ibn Kathir, 6000 verses are authentic the remainder are doubtful

To evidence this we have relied on the following esteemed books of Ahle Sunnah.

Tafseer Ibn Kathir, Volume 1 page 7, number of verses
Tafseer Qurtubi, Volume 1 page 65, number of verses

We read in Tafseer Ibn Kathir:

“The total number of verses Quranic verses are 6000. Disagreement remains about the remainder verses. There are various views and statements about them. One statement is that there are 6204 verses”
Re: If Jesus Is Just A Prophet Then Why? by muhsin(m): 5:31pm On Oct 07, 2009
Cut and paste. cheesy
Re: If Jesus Is Just A Prophet Then Why? by Abuzola(m): 5:40pm On Oct 07, 2009
Mr man where is the hadith disputing the Quran numbers, a'ha
Re: If Jesus Is Just A Prophet Then Why? by muhsin(m): 5:53pm On Oct 07, 2009
What are you expecting him to say? I wonder if he can rightly depend someone's "finding".
Re: If Jesus Is Just A Prophet Then Why? by abulbanaat(m): 9:39pm On Oct 07, 2009
Nezan,

"And mix not truth with falsehood, nor conceal the truth [i.e. Muhammad Peace be upon him is Allâh's Messenger and his qualities are written in your Scriptures, the Taurât (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] while you know (the truth) ." [Q2: 42].
Re: If Jesus Is Just A Prophet Then Why? by Nezan(m): 3:40pm On Oct 08, 2009
You see your delusion? islamic scholars are disagreeing on the number of verses in the koran but you people chose not to look at it because you were indoctrinated with arabic koran since childhood with the threat of disowning you if you recant. You people really have no choice in matters of religion so you see only what you want to see, aint you? cheesy cheesy
Re: If Jesus Is Just A Prophet Then Why? by theseeker2: 10:05am On Nov 03, 2009
i recently saw a picture that amused me nearly to the point of tears
It was a picture of mary breastfeeding jesus. i could help but notice his tiny little fingers holding on tight to his mothers bosom as he suckled away. And i asked myself, why and how do over 1billion people conceive of this helpless little creature as their God. As the Almighty creator of the heavens and the earth. Then it struck me that the Quran already confirm that they have eyes and ears but are blind and deaf.
These incredible xtians never cease to amaze me!
Re: If Jesus Is Just A Prophet Then Why? by Abuzola(m): 11:50am On Nov 03, 2009
True, 'Allah mocks at them and gives them increase in their wrong doing to wander blindly' Quran 2:15
Re: If Jesus Is Just A Prophet Then Why? by olabowale(m): 1:09pm On Nov 03, 2009
@nezan: « #41 on: October 08, 2009, 03:40 PM »
You see your delusion? islamic scholars are disagreeing on the number of verses in the koran but you people chose not to look at it because you were indoctrinated with arabic koran since childhood with the threat of disowning you if you recant.
In all my years, as a youth, considering that my mother was a christian, then, no one would have disowned me if I had left Islam. Infact, my mother wouldnt have been happier! Alhamdulillah, the same woman in her 80s is now a muslim. And as to the disagreement of the scholars, everything in Islam is under scrutiny, by muslims, the reasons the four schools came about. But each of them gave a standing disclaimer: If what I say is in disagreement with what you find Muhammad (AS) saying, discard mine and take what you found from the Prophet, because that would be my take, if only I knew it before or during or after I have said what I said.

Unlike Christianity where Paul's statement over rides that of Non-Christian Jesus Christ! What a muslim scholar says without any ulterior motive but for the truth and benefit of knowledge is rewarded, for effort, even if he is wrong. When she is right she gets double reward for effort and correctness. The correctness is found and rooted in Quran. In Surah Kahf, as to the number of people in the Cave, Allah says He knows for sure and some people with knowledge know, too. Knowledge from Him on mankind is a gift and blessing. Hence, from the many scholars of Islam, as they argue and give their opinions, the truth is there, of the exact number of VERSES in the Quran. Some say Bismillahir rRahmanir rRahim is not a verse. I see it on the pages of the Quran and I know that every recitation of Quran must begin with it, if one is a normal reciter, so I say it is part of the Quran, a verse!

You people really have no choice in matters of religion so you see only what you want to see, aint you?
We have choice, the proof is the many schools. From them you can pick and choose. Its just like a man marrying one woman, or actually starting from 2, or 3 or 4 and then based on his capability in all cumulative purposes, he settles for the first; 1 wife! It is the Christians who have no choice and when they opt for any then they became a renegade, the reason Protestant came to existence!

Christians dont see what they dont see, aint you, Nezan?!
Re: If Jesus Is Just A Prophet Then Why? by olabowale(m): 1:55pm On Nov 03, 2009
@Nezan: « #36 on: October 07, 2009, 05:16 PM »
Sunan Ibn Majah, Book of Nikah, Hadith # 1934)
'The verse of stoning and of suckling an adult ten times were revealed, and they were (written) on a leaves and kept
under my bed.
Am gonna preempt and suggest that the "orientalists" are saying the narrator of this ahadith is Aisha (RA). But the bolded is something that could not be possible in real life! Considering that a "suckling" is part of sexual activity, a preintercourse/ copulation, can any grown woman breast feed a grown woman who she does not want to sleep with? And is this a public event, or private room affairs and I will tell you that before its all over, some sex will take place. Nezan, I believe you said you are a father of children. You should ask about how a woman feels when her own child suckles her breast and I think you never have done that yourself. Its a good thing, man and your wife will love you for it.

And as to a goat entering and eating verses of the Quran, it will be impossible for many reasons; first goat never have played any role in any ahadith, and their presence seems to be in the fields and where they are housed, not in homes of people. Secondly, the way the Quranic verses were sefeguarded/kept, and the sister of Umar Khattab and her husbands care during the conversion event of Umar is a clear example that if Sahabah were not careless, then definitely, the household of the prophet (AS) could not have been any less. Thirdly, when the prophet (AS) died, the whole muslim community was even more painstaking, hence goat could not have wondered into the sleeping place of the prophet, where his blessed body was lying to then eat the "only; impossible because there would have been copies with the sahabah, Scribes" written down "verse, instead of verses! Fourthly, the community must have memorized it and so its been written down was just an assurance, but not the only source of knowledge of it. Further, many must have copied it down, since they have to "memorize" it. I say in addition to memorization, they understand the knowledge behind it and the reason they give us the correct knowledge.

By the way, just like the number of Rakah of each Salah, it was Muhammad (AS) who explains, the same way he explains the verse of illegal sex to include Stoning in the case of those who are married.

When the Messenger of Allah (SAWW.) expired and we were preoccupied with his death, a goat entered and ate away them.
Nonsense Nezan. They were so preoccupied that they noticed a goat eating the word of God, when Muhammad was the physical representation of that word? You think they were careless with Muhammad, hence careless with the Quran? You must be joking, man. Snap out of it!

Ibn Abbas testified to fifty verses being added to the Quran of Uthman
Perish are the hands of those whodo evil and perish her the speech of liars. Is it possible that a man keeps quite about any evil being brought on the Quran, and he is Sunni, while even the Shia who hates Uthman does not even disagree with Uthman on Quran?
Re: If Jesus Is Just A Prophet Then Why? by ttruth(m): 4:12pm On Feb 06, 2010
@Post :

Adam was created from mud. Muhammed was born like any man just like me and you.

Muhammed was NEVER a prophet to start with because( if you study his life properly), he neither possess a single attribute of a prophet and no one prophesy about Muhammed in the bible. Muhammed was a Mafia boss. He lived a life of violence. He lived his life carrying out war and he deceived so many people.

The characteristics of the prophets as portrayed in the Bible are:

1. Impassioned poetical utterances

2. Intense preoccupation with God, morality and above all, justice

3. An inordinate and fearless compulsion urging him to declare the will of the Almighty

Muhammad's preaching in Mecca was a copy-cat of concepts and ideas plundered and pirated from Jewish and Christian traditions and beliefs such as:

1. Judgement Day

2. The resurrection of all humans, the just and the unjust

3. The accounting for their sins when the books are opened

4. The rewards of Heaven/Pardise/ Garden and the punishment of Hell

5. The doctrines of angels and evil spirits personified in Gabriel and the Jinn

6. The creation of Heaven and Earth, of Man and of Nature

7. The belief in the One and Only God

8. The retributions that the Allah would inflict on all those who break his rules

9. The idea of the Chosen People which he stole from the Jews and arrogated to himself and his followers.

According to the following hadith, Aisha confirms that Muhammad was not able to predict the future, hence he could not have been a prophet.

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 6.378 Narrated byMasruq
I said to 'Aisha, "O Mother! Did Prophet Muhammad see his Lord?" 'Aisha said, "What you have said makes my hair stand on end ! Know that if somebody tells you one of the following three things, he is a liar: Whoever tells you that Muhammad saw his Lord, is a liar." Then Aisha recited the Verse:
"No vision can grasp Him, but His grasp is over all vision. He is the Most Courteous Well-Acquainted with all things." (6.103) "It is not fitting for a human being that Allah should speak to him except by inspiration or from behind a veil." (42.51)

'Aisha further said,

"And whoever tells you that the Prophet knows what is going to happen tomorrow, is a liar."
Re: If Jesus Is Just A Prophet Then Why? by ttruth(m): 11:24am On Feb 17, 2010
Abuzola:

Hahaha. Alas Nezan admit that his God died but fortunately rose, hehehe even my 2 years old boy will laugh at your prankish doctrine

Do you have a child ? Probably one of the child you have out of Islamic marriage.

Jesus is the king of kings and lord of lords.
Re: If Jesus Is Just A Prophet Then Why? by Abuzola1(m): 2:18pm On Feb 17, 2010
A king that was slapped, beaten and spat on, a king that was assasinated. Hehehe king indeed
Re: If Jesus Is Just A Prophet Then Why? by ttruth(m): 2:32pm On Feb 17, 2010
Abuzola !:

A king that was slapped, beaten and spat on, a king that was assasinated. Hehehe king indeed

You know nothing about the bible and you will NEVER know anything about the bible.

Just shut your mouth and go and sell your gworo and kulikuli. grin
Re: If Jesus Is Just A Prophet Then Why? by Abuzola1(m): 4:23pm On Feb 17, 2010
See is mouth like garri and epa
Re: If Jesus Is Just A Prophet Then Why? by ghettochyk(f): 6:15pm On Feb 17, 2010
There's two motives when asking a question: 1--asking due to ignorance or to attain a better understanding and 2: just to ridicule the idea of the question. In the case of 2, the asker is only seeking to argue, therefore, will not be listening to the response becauss/he is busy thinking of a rebuttal.
So, I'll make this statement, and if you are a reason 1 question asker, I'll respond to you. wink I dont have time for arguments or unintelligent blabbers. You know who you are. wink
Jesus died because He was man. Yes, He was fully man AND fully God. God's incarnate (incarnate=flesh). As man, he was mortal. Why was He spat on, and abused? Because the abusers saw Him as any other man, and therefore He was not above their "punishment". This was God's plan to use His Son Jesus Christ to save the world. Jesus didn't have to die if it wasn't the will of God. After all the prophets God sent us, we still displeased God and just weren't getting the point, so He says, "ok, let me do this myself" and was willing to sacrafice His Son. God loves us so much that He sent His Son Jesus (His Incarnate) to earth and be as human as WE are, to show us what God wants us to do. Jesus didn't use His "special" God powers to ward off temptation. He was tempted like every other human. But, He showed us how to deal with temptations and other things. Jesus fasted for 40days and 40 nights and was tired and weak (physically), His God powers didn't help Him. He loves us so much that He came down to our level to show us how to deal with circumstances, how to interact with each other, how to pray, etc. Could you imagine Paris Hilton giving a low-income person advice on how to make ends meet? The low-income person would proabably not pay her no mind because he'd feel she couldn't possibly understand the situation (in this case, doing the will of God and still being human).
This is as much time as I have right now, so I'll add more later when I get the chance.
Re: If Jesus Is Just A Prophet Then Why? by ttruth(m): 2:00pm On Feb 18, 2010
@Abuzola :

Why not go and sort out the errors in the Quran ? grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Paradise And Hell Series / Australian Ambassador In Muslim Abaya While Visiting The Holy City Of Najaf / Bidha Done In Salat By Shia\shite -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.