Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,965 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview (2202 Views)

Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? / Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet / Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by Abuzola(m): 11:36am On May 25, 2009
Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 1, Number 6:
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Abbas:

Abu Sufyan bin Harb informed me that Heraclius had sent a messenger to him while he had been accompanying a caravan from Quraish. They were merchants doing business in Sham (Syria, Palestine, Lebanon and Jordan), at the time when Allah's Apostle had truce with Abu Sufyan and Quraish infidels. So Abu Sufyan and his companions went to Heraclius at Ilya (Jerusalem). Heraclius called them in the court and he had all the senior Roman dignitaries around him. He called for his translator who, translating Heraclius's question said to them, "Who amongst you is closely related to that man who claims to be a Prophet?" Abu Sufyan replied, "I am the nearest relative to him (amongst the group)."

Heraclius said, "Bring him (Abu Sufyan) close to me and make his companions stand behind him." Abu Sufyan added, Heraclius told his translator to tell my companions that he wanted to put some questions to me regarding that man (The Prophet) and that if I told a lie they (my companions) should contradict me." Abu Sufyan added, "By Allah! Had I not been afraid of my companions labeling me a liar, I would not have spoken the truth about the Prophet. The first question he asked me about him was:

'What is his family status amongst you?'

I replied, 'He belongs to a good (noble) family amongst us.'

Heraclius further asked, 'Has anybody amongst you ever claimed the same (i.e. to be a Prophet) before him?'

I replied, 'No.'

He said, 'Was anybody amongst his ancestors a king?'

I replied, 'No.'

Heraclius asked, 'Do the nobles or the poor follow him?'

I replied, 'It is the poor who follow him.'

He said, 'Are his followers increasing decreasing (day by day)?'

I replied, 'They are increasing.'

He then asked, 'Does anybody amongst those who embrace his religion become displeased and renounce the religion afterwards?'

I replied, 'No.'

Heraclius said, 'Have you ever accused him of telling lies before his claim (to be a Prophet)?'

I replied, 'No. '

Heraclius said, 'Does he break his promises?'

I replied, 'No. We are at truce with him but we do not know what he will do in it.' I could not find opportunity to say anything against him except that.

Heraclius asked, 'Have you ever had a war with him?'

I replied, 'Yes.'

Then he said, 'What was the outcome of the battles?'

I replied, 'Sometimes he was victorious and sometimes we.'

Heraclius said, 'What does he order you to do?'

I said, 'He tells us to worship Allah and Allah alone and not to worship anything along with Him, and to renounce all that our ancestors had said. He orders us to pray, to speak the truth, to be chaste and to keep good relations with our Kith and kin.'

Heraclius asked the translator to convey to me the following, I asked you about his family and your reply was that he belonged to a very noble family. In fact all the Apostles come from noble families amongst their respective peoples. I questioned you whether anybody else amongst you claimed such a thing, your reply was in the negative. If the answer had been in the affirmative, I would have thought that this man was following the previous man's statement. Then I asked you whether anyone of his ancestors was a king. Your reply was in the negative, and if it had been in the affirmative, I would have thought that this man wanted to take back his ancestral kingdom.

I further asked whether he was ever accused of telling lies before he said what he said, and your reply was in the negative. So I wondered how a person who does not tell a lie about others could ever tell a lie about Allah. I, then asked you whether the rich people followed him or the poor. You replied that it was the poor who followed him. And in fact all the Apostle have been followed by this very class of people. Then I asked you whether his followers were increasing or decreasing. You replied that they were increasing, and in fact this is the way of true faith, till it is complete in all respects. I further asked you whether there was anybody, who, after embracing his religion, became displeased and discarded his religion. Your reply was in the negative, and in fact this is (the sign of) true faith, when its delight enters the hearts and mixes with them completely. I asked you whether he had ever betrayed. You replied in the negative and likewise the Apostles never betray. Then I asked you what he ordered you to do. You replied that he ordered you to worship Allah and Allah alone and not to worship any thing along with Him and forbade you to worship idols and ordered you to pray, to speak the truth and to be chaste. If what you have said is true, he will very soon occupy this place underneath my feet and I knew it (from the scriptures) that he was going to appear but I did not know that he would be from you, and if I could reach him definitely, I would go immediately to meet him and if I were with him, I would certainly wash his feet.' Heraclius then asked for the letter addressed by Allah's Apostle

which was delivered by Dihya to the Governor of Busra, who forwarded it to Heraclius to read. The contents of the letter were as follows: "In the name of Allah the Beneficent, the Merciful (This letter is) from Muhammad the slave of Allah and His Apostle to Heraclius the ruler of Byzantine. Peace be upon him, who follows the right path. Furthermore I invite you to Islam, and if you become a Muslim you will be safe, and Allah will double your reward, and if you reject this invitation of Islam you will be committing a sin by misguiding your Arisiyin (peasants). (And I recite to you Allah's Statementsmiley

'O people of the scripture! Come to a word common to you and us that we worship none but Allah and that we associate nothing in worship with Him, and that none of us shall take others as Lords beside Allah. Then, if they turn away, say: Bear witness that we are Muslims (those who have surrendered to Allah).' (3:64).

Abu Sufyan then added, "When Heraclius had finished his speech and had read the letter, there was a great hue and cry in the Royal Court. So we were turned out of the court. I told my companions that the question of Ibn-Abi-Kabsha) (the Prophet Muhammad) has become so prominent that even the King of Bani Al-Asfar (Byzantine) is afraid of him. Then I started to become sure that he (the Prophet) would be the conqueror in the near future till I embraced Islam (i.e. Allah guided me to it)."

The sub narrator adds, "Ibn An-Natur was the Governor of llya' (Jerusalem) and Heraclius was the head of the Christians of Sham. Ibn An-Natur narrates that once while Heraclius was visiting ilya' (Jerusalem), he got up in the morning with a sad mood. Some of his priests asked him why he was in that mood? Heraclius was a foreteller and an astrologer. He replied, 'At night when I looked at the stars, I saw that the leader of those who practice circumcision had appeared (become the conqueror). Who are they who practice circumcision?' The people replied, 'Except the Jews nobody practices circumcision, so you should not be afraid of them (Jews).

'Just Issue orders to kill every Jew present in the country.'

While they were discussing it, a messenger sent by the king of Ghassan to convey the news of Allah's Apostle to Heraclius was brought in. Having heard the news, he (Heraclius) ordered the people to go and see whether the messenger of Ghassan was circumcised. The people, after seeing him, told Heraclius that he was circumcised. Heraclius then asked him about the Arabs. The messenger replied, 'Arabs also practice circumcision.'

(After hearing that) Heraclius remarked that sovereignty of the 'Arabs had appeared. Heraclius then wrote a letter to his friend in Rome who was as good as Heraclius in knowledge. Heraclius then left for Homs. (a town in Syrian and stayed there till he received the reply of his letter from his friend who agreed with him in his opinion about the emergence of the Prophet and the fact that he was a Prophet. On that Heraclius invited all the heads of the Byzantines to assemble in his palace at Homs. When they assembled, he ordered that all the doors of his palace be closed. Then he came out and said, 'O Byzantines! If success is your desire and if you seek right guidance and want your empire to remain then give a pledge of allegiance to this Prophet (i.e. embrace Islam).'

(On hearing the views of Heraclius) the people ran towards the gates of the palace like onagers but found the doors closed. Heraclius realized their hatred towards Islam and when he lost the hope of their embracing Islam, he ordered that they should be brought back in audience.

(When they returned) he said, 'What already said was just to test the strength of your conviction and I have seen it.' The people prostrated before him and became pleased with him, and this was the end of Heraclius's story (in connection with his faith).
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by olabowale(m): 1:25pm On May 25, 2009
@Abuzola: May Allah reward you for your post. This piece and others like it of the prophet (AS) and those of his companions (RA), always bring tears to my eyes. Regardless of how many times you hear or read them.

How Salman Al Farsi became believer from a disbelieving society is a very good example. His journey from Fire worshipping Persia, and through the lands of the Arabs studying as a devoted christian under christian unitarian monks. All the way to present day Turkey, where the last monk told him about the presence of the last prophet already on earth. His decision to seek him and follow him, which led him to joining a Jewish Caravan of traders journeying back to arabia. His being different by language led to the caravan masters robbing him of his money and belongings and their selling him as a captive to a Jewish marchant heading back to his home in Madina, as a slave.

It is while he was a slave in Madina of this Jewish master that the Prophet (AS) migrated from Makka to Madina.

With the signs of what proof a claimant to be a true or false prophet, one of which a true prophet does not eat from "Charity", sadaqah but can eat from "Gift," Hadiyyah. And the seal which is a raised muscle that occurs between the shoulder blades and the lower back. These and others were proofs that he got and he never looked back.

Shuaib Al Rum, (RA) a white blue eyed from Rome was another. So was the story of Bilal ibn Rabah (RA), with all the suffering in the hands of his pagan master just for accepting Islam.

By the way, just to know the miracles and affirmation of prophetic position of Muhammad (AS), the slave master of Salman (AS), in Madina was a palm date farmer. He demanded in addition to payment of gold that the prophet himself planted many hundreds of palm date seeds for him on his farm.

Some of the seeds, he burnt and demanded that no seed should fail to germinate. By Allah all of the seeds germinated. Today, some madinan dates (tanr) look shriffled up as if dried out like raisins, yet the inside is moist. The taste of the madinan date is desired by those who appreciate it. Just imagine Zam Zam to tap water or another source!
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by todak(m): 2:27am On May 26, 2009
Story Story Story yeah, sang P square, this is story telling, the acts and dids of muhammad is exnough to debunke all these junk of words. so tell these to the birds. or probaly slaves like you,
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by Abuzola(m): 9:06am On May 26, 2009
so were the likes of Abu sufyan, hindu, umar and many others they even ate d meat of muslims just for enmity
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by Abuzola(m): 9:11am On May 26, 2009
At last they accepted islam and died as faithful muslim, may Allah guide us amin
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by olabowale(m): 2:42pm On May 26, 2009
The same me "Slave" Todak will say "Egbon or Sir" to, just because he is a "Yoruba man. Yet his Yorubaness or even my Yorubaness will not lead me to Paradise or Hellfire. What will make me to Paradise or Hell is my worship or not worship Allah as He commands in the Quran. Todak, Omo Oba, am waiting to hear from you.

And by the way my late father's name is Hamzah, the same name of the Uncle of the Prophet who was killed in the Battle of Uhud, and his heart and livers were ate raw by the Pagan Makkans.
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by CNOETIC: 2:33am On May 27, 2009
Is mohammed really a prophet? why should a lay man believe mohamed is/was a prophet?

what were his prophecies? did he make any?
what are his deeds? are they morally acceptable in this age and time? does his works speak well of him?
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by Tudor3(m): 3:06am On May 27, 2009
So the makans ate muslims? Disgusting! They would have been better off eating the chinese.
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by todak(m): 4:34am On May 27, 2009
@Abuzola
so were the likes of Abu sufyan, hindu, umar and many others they even ate d meat of muslims just for enmity.At last they accepted islam and died as faithful muslim, may Allah guide us amin

When knives and sword was kept at their necks to acept or be dead, what do you expect, , islam does not have the convincing power and motivation for any unbeliever/Infidel in the religion.

@Olabowale
The same me "Slave" Todak will say "Egbon or Sir" to, just because he is a "Yoruba man. Yet his Yorubaness or even my Yorubaness will not lead me to Paradise or Hellfire. What will make me to Paradise or Hell is my worship or not worship Allah as He commands in the Quran. Todak, Omo Oba, am waiting to hear from you.

Why not but it clearer for those who does not understand, your good works? when atleast it weighs 51%, you have credit to enter paradise. rubbish, "it is what comes out of a man that defileth a man, not what goes in" well, i pray it is not too late for you before it will be too late.

And by the way my late father's name is Hamzah, the same name of the Uncle of the Prophet who was killed in the Battle of Uhud, and his heart and livers were ate raw by the Pagan Makkans.

And what lesson are we learning from that, how to  waisted your life for allah or how to go on a sucide mission, which we all know thw end point, and you can guess what that endpoint  would be?  Aljanat , abi, hahahahahahahah grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.aljanat ko alujabar ni, sorry o, omo Hamzah, hope your father was not buchtered like that?
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by olabowale(m): 5:59pm On May 27, 2009
@C-NOETIC: Have you not been reading what the Muslims have written on Nairaland? The fact that you do not believe, with this much "venom and or hatred" is truly a sign of his prophesy. Read the Quran and find out how "intensed is the dislikes" of the disbelievers are of Muhammad (AS) and his followers in Islam and their very religion.

His Book, the Quran is still in original, at it was from the time of revelation, before it was written down on patchments. Today that it is in a Book it still remain origin. As a matter of fact, if the Quran, in written forms were to disappeared as the wish of so many "disbelievers; the powerful or the not powerful" there will not be any significant effect, if there is any at all. Those who will believe in the future generation of mankind, will get Islam from the voice of those in their generation have the Quran in their HEARTS!

This is a miracle that no other Book can match. Easy to learn, memorize and recite. It is the sweetest and most powerful words you can hear from the tongue of believers. It affects the heart like no others. Its story which is similar to what you find in the "Bible" is more comprehensive, in substance and message and details. Read the story of Yusuf in the Quran and compare or contrast it to what you find in the Bible. They are not equal.

While the Quran tells us that Yusuf clears and restores his own honor by demanding that the woman who was after him, sexually confesses that she was in the wrong, the Bible said no such a specific detail. Read also about how Yusuf asked Allah to let him go to Prison so that he does not perform sexual illegality. Show me the same "protection wish list" from Joseph in your Bible story. While the women in the high society of Egypt gossip at the incidence, the lady after Yusuf threw Banquet and for appetizer/dessert, gave the women at the dinner table fruit and knives to slice them. Then she ordered that Yusuf be brought in in expensive clothing and jewelry. Te women were so captivated and in awe that they thought that he was an "Angel", which is the reason that they cut themselves, thinking that they were cutting the fruits, numb from the pain of the cuts, because they were dazed and entranced by Yususf;s beauty!

Give me the Bible version, please. Other parts of the Quran will point you aright. For one, the Quran says that God is One and nothing is like HIM.
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by Abuzola(m): 7:30pm On May 27, 2009
Abu huraira and thousands became muslim simply because ISLAM is the total way to salvation
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by Abuzola(m): 7:51pm On May 27, 2009
Go check how thousands bcame muslim, umar hated Muhammad xtremely to d extent of smacking his sister for acceptin islam
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by Abuzola(m): 8:00pm On May 27, 2009
Umar became a muslim simply by grabbing a copy of d Quran and took a glance, what he read shook his heart
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by Abuzola(m): 8:04pm On May 27, 2009
All of u won't be the first neither last to hate islam, GOD willing u will fall into their category inshaAllah
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by todak(m): 10:44pm On May 27, 2009
@ Olabowale

You did not tell C-noetic that it is also full of contradictions,
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by Abuzola(m): 5:30am On May 28, 2009
Not just words but back it with fact, where do u find d contradiction? post it, blatant liar
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by CNOETIC: 1:20pm On May 28, 2009
olabowale:

@C-NOETIC: Have you not been reading what the Muslims have written on Nairaland? The fact that you do not believe, with this much "venom and or hatred" is truly a sign of his prophesy. Read the Quran and find out how "intensed is the dislikes" of the disbelievers are of Muhammad (AS) and his followers in Islam and their very religion.

how can disbelief and doubt be a prophecy?
people disbelieving in the future of nigeria must have been a prophecy from obafemi awolowo, does that make AWO a prophet?

what were the miracles of mohammed? what were his good deeds to those who did not believe in him?
how did he win them over. . . . .with love or sword? what makes anyone a prophet?

His Book, the Quran is still in original, at it was from the time of revelation, before it was written down on patchments. Today that it is in a Book it still remain origin. As a matter of fact, if the Quran, in written forms were to disappeared as the wish of so many "disbelievers; the powerful or the not powerful" there will not be any significant effect, if there is any at all. Those who will believe in the future generation of mankind, will get Islam from the voice of those in their generation have the Quran in their HEARTS!

This is a miracle that no other Book can match. Easy to learn, memorize and recite. It is the sweetest and most powerful words you can hear from the tongue of believers. It affects the heart like no others. Its story which is similar to what you find in the "Bible" is more comprehensive, in substance and message and details. Read the story of Yusuf in the Quran and compare or contrast it to what you find in the Bible. They are not equal.

While the Quran tells us that Yusuf clears and restores his own honor by demanding that the woman who was after him, sexually confesses that she was in the wrong, the Bible said no such a specific detail. Read also about how Yusuf asked Allah to let him go to Prison so that he does not perform sexual illegality. Show me the same "protection wish list" from Joseph in your Bible story. While the women in the high society of Egypt gossip at the incidence, the lady after Yusuf threw Banquet and for appetizer/dessert, gave the women at the dinner table fruit and knives to slice them. Then she ordered that Yusuf be brought in in expensive clothing and jewelry. Te women were so captivated and in awe that they thought that he was an "Angel", which is the reason that they cut themselves, thinking that they were cutting the fruits, numb from the pain of the cuts, because they were dazed and entranced by Yususf;s beauty!

Give me the Bible version, please. Other parts of the Quran will point you aright. For one, the Quran says that God is One and nothing is like HIM.

what has any of this got to do with the topic at hand?

how do u tell a lay man, with no religious affilliation (i.e neither christian nor muslim) that mohammed was a prophet of "GOD"?
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by olabowale(m): 7:31pm On May 28, 2009
@C-NOETIC: Prophet are ordained by God to people with message. They say with their mouth that they are prophets. Awolowo never said that he was a prophet. Go back and research it. Maybe another prophet for the Christians, since the work of the "original prophet" never complete? What was the name of that prophet with shurdy or incomplete work to the Christians? Thats your first mistake for opening a can of worms wit me.

Messengers are higher in spiritual and prophetic office than prophets. All prophets are not messengers. But all Messengers were prophets along with their messengership. Messengers were given Books (Kitab), or Pamphlets (Suhuf). Muhammad got Quran, and Jesus had Injil when it was not polluted, while he was alive in their community. David was given Sabur and Moses was gien Taurah. Ibrahiim (AS) was given Suhuf, and so where others. Moses even got a Suhuf. If you in good conscience can disparage Quran in Arabic, then I ask you what will you do with the Old Testament, Psalm and New Testament, all in English, different and apart from Aramaic, the semitic language in which they are revealed?

The other day, I was neading a cousin of mine who is a Christian about the tower of babel. I asked to imagine how high the Babel will be when the Biblical God get furious with the people, and confused their tongues so that they cant understand one another? Can you imagine a God who is afraid and concern that humans (His Creation) will catch up to Him? IA GOd who is afraid is no God, but a fake God. Unless the story that brought about that idea of a God getting worried is a lie. I can not imagine myself accepting as a true God a God that is afraid of His Creation.

I often wonder if in the days of Tower of babel the Engineers knew how wide the base of a tower that is 1 mile high? Is it possible that man can build a tower in those days to a height of 5 Miles? What will the base be, considering the fact that humans advanced in knowledge in every generation if compared to the generations before. This brings me to the pyramid period, a later generation. See that the pyramids are just fractions of 1 mile, yet the base is always wider than the height. And yet today, the shuttle journeys and even all the moon and space craft journeys that current man have engaged in, have not scared the Most Powerful Creator. I hope that you will reflect on this matter, which will confirm my statement of the probability of the tower of babel story as something that scared God that He therefore quickly confound mankind to not understand one another. Today, collectively, men understand one another, another proof of the bad storyteling.

Finally, Quran itself in Surah Al Rahman disproves it by challenging man to conduct space explorations! By the way, it was the number of man that worried God in the Babel story, but the height of the structure that was build. The West have penetrated the space. The Arabs have built tall buildings, which I assume to be taller than the crude period structure of babel. The arabs and mankind are still here. By the way, we don't have a story like that in the Quran, but the refutal of it is well established as I have pointed it out in the Surah Rahman.

To proof the valilidy of a prophet and messenger, there must be basic information that will be available. The Christain King of Byzantine's story is a very good story. Disproof it. I can tell you many more things, including the time of the death of Muhammad's son, and it coincided with an eclipse. While the companions were attaching the celestrial phenomenon t the death, the prophet (AS) told them that it had no relationship. Thats another sign prophethood, honesty even when he was the only one who knew it and if he had said it was, no one would have doubted him, even with the current scientific knowledge. As I have said, please open your mind and understand the truth.

Nothing that happened in life that a person with perverted intention can not give it a twist, regardless of how "unnatural" it may actually be! Proof; people still believe that there is no God. People still believe that the earth and galaxies and plants and humans, etc and space and beyond (Heavens which do not believe exist) just happened. They foolishly state, that it is tiny particle which only has a position, but no mass, that became all of these! They say an action known as Big bang acted upon it. One ask them; where did this tiny particle came from, and then the force that acted upon it? They will never give a straight forward and simple answer. And when you challenge them that how is it possible that this tiny particle can produce such a "Bang; loud noise" and finally brought about these complex beings, human is one of them, can come about this particle?

By the way the same people will say that "energy can not be created". I wonder how this tiny particle can swell up to all of us, and even future human discoveries?

I can talk to you about the kindness of Muhammad, in supporting a complete stranger and others against his paternal Uncle; Abi Lahab, in Makka while he and his companions were being oppressed by the community. I could talk to you about his actions in Makka and Madina to alleviate the conditions of the inhabitants. In Madina, he was loved by Jews he came in contact with, since they knew he was that Madinan Messenger which they have been expecting. This is the reason that AbdulSalaam became a Muslim when the campaign of Huud began. In the defeat of Makka the Muhammad gave a full amnesty to all Makkans, including those who ate the heart and livers of Hamzah bin Abudu Mutalib. Tell me a prophet that have shown such mercy, if you consider Jesus on the cross, according to the Bible not forgiving the Thief on his left, and we never heard that he forgave Judas Iscariot. Please provide proofs. Finally Muhammad's Quran can bring some happiness to the heart of the Christians that Mary was not a lose wman, based on the saying of the Jews. And that Jesus was not killed like a common worthless criminal. If dont understand it, tough.

The Jews can also use the Quran to protect themselves from the swords of the Christians when they think it will help them, since Quran says that the Jews did not kill Jesus. Miracles started before his birth and even before his parents were maried. Read the Sirah. THe same way that you can proof that Moses, Jesus and others before Muhammad (AS) were prophet of God, will be the exact process that Muhammad can be proven.
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by CNOETIC: 10:29pm On May 28, 2009
olabowale:

@C-NOETIC: Prophet are ordained by God to people with message. They say with their mouth that they are prophets. Awolowo never said that he was a prophet. Go back and research it. Maybe another prophet for the Christians, since the work of the "original prophet" never complete? What was the name of that prophet with shurdy or incomplete work to the Christians? Thats your first mistake for opening a can of worms wit me.
So if anyone says he is a prophet, he is automatically one. . . , right?
ur argument is flawed. what are the attributes of a prophet? What is the common denominator of all prophets?

A prophet must have a message. . . . his message must be reconcialiable with the "GOD" he proffeses.
A prophet must show "works" from his sender. . . .this works could be good deeds, deliverance or miracles.
A prophet must make and reveal prophecies.

These are three ingridients of a prophet I subscribe to. Which of them does mohammed fulfill?
Mohammed claims islam is a religion of peace . . . . .yet he postulates the killing of "infidels" and gives no right to non-believers.
he also advocates jihad (violence and oppression) as tools for converting unbelievers.
So how do u reconcile mohammed's message of peace to his deeds that are enshrined in violence and oprresive inactions?

Which miracle did mohammed perform? I am not aware of any. please educate me if there is any miracle from mohammed.

What prophecy did he make? you should be able to tell.

Messengers are higher in spiritual and prophetic office than prophets. All prophets are not messengers. But all Messengers were prophets along with their messengership. Messengers were given Books (Kitab), or Pamphlets (Suhuf). Muhammad got Quran, and Jesus had Injil when it was not polluted, while he was alive in their community. David was given Sabur and Moses was gien Taurah. Ibrahiim (AS) was given Suhuf, and so where others. Moses even got a Suhuf. If you in good conscience can disparage Quran in Arabic, then I ask you what will you do with the Old Testament, Psalm and New Testament, all in English, different and apart from Aramaic, the semitic language in which they are revealed?
who is mohammed, a prophet or a messenger?
and what exactly is the relevance of all these u stated above?

The other day, I was neading a cousin of mine who is a Christian about the tower of babel. I asked to imagine how high the Babel will be when the Biblical God get furious with the people, and confused their tongues so that they cant understand one another? Can you imagine a God who is afraid and concern that humans (His Creation) will catch up to Him? IA GOd who is afraid is no God, but a fake God. Unless the story that brought about that idea of a God getting worried is a lie. I can not imagine myself accepting as a true God a God that is afraid of His Creation.

I often wonder if in the days of Tower of babel the Engineers knew how wide the base of a tower that is 1 mile high? Is it possible that man can build a tower in those days to a height of 5 Miles? What will the base be, considering the fact that humans advanced in knowledge in every generation if compared to the generations before. This brings me to the pyramid period, a later generation. See that the pyramids are just fractions of 1 mile, yet the base is always wider than the height. And yet today, the shuttle journeys and even all the moon and space craft journeys that current man have engaged in, have not scared the Most Powerful Creator. I hope that you will reflect on this matter, which will confirm my statement of the probability of the tower of babel story as something that scared God that He therefore quickly confound mankind to not understand one another. Today, collectively, men understand one another, another proof of the bad storyteling.

Finally, Quran itself in Surah Al Rahman disproves it by challenging man to conduct space explorations! By the way, it was the number of man that worried God in the Babel story, but the height of the structure that was build. The West have penetrated the space. The Arabs have built tall buildings, which I assume to be taller than the crude period structure of babel. The arabs and mankind are still here. By the way, we don't have a story like that in the Quran, but the refutal of it is well established as I have pointed it out in the Surah Rahman.
This in my opinion is very irrelevant to the issues being raised here.
What's your position on surah 19:33

To proof the valilidy of a prophet and messenger, there must be basic information that will be available. The Christain King of Byzantine's story is a very good story. Disproof it. I can tell you many more things, including the time of the death of Muhammad's son, and it coincided with an eclipse. While the companions were attaching the celestrial phenomenon t the death, the prophet (AS) told them that it had no relationship. Thats another sign prophethood, honesty even when he was the only one who knew it and if he had said it was, no one would have doubted him, even with the current scientific knowledge. As I have said, please open your mind and understand the truth.

Nothing that happened in life that a person with perverted intention can not give it a twist, regardless of how "unnatural" it may actually be! Proof; people still believe that there is no God. People still believe that the earth and galaxies and plants and humans, etc and space and beyond (Heavens which do not believe exist) just happened. They foolishly state, that it is tiny particle which only has a position, but no mass, that became all of these! They say an action known as Big bang acted upon it. One ask them; where did this tiny particle came from, and then the force that acted upon it? They will never give a straight forward and simple answer. And when you challenge them that how is it possible that this tiny particle can produce such a "Bang; loud noise" and finally brought about these complex beings, human is one of them, can come about this particle?

By the way the same people will say that "energy can not be created". I wonder how this tiny particle can swell up to all of us, and even future human discoveries?

I can talk to you about the kindness of Muhammad, in supporting a complete stranger and others against his paternal Uncle; Abi Lahab, in Makka while he and his companions were being oppressed by the community. I could talk to you about his actions in Makka and Madina to alleviate the conditions of the inhabitants. In Madina, he was loved by Jews he came in contact with, since they knew he was that Madinan Messenger which they have been expecting. This is the reason that AbdulSalaam became a Muslim when the campaign of Huud began. In the defeat of Makka the Muhammad gave a full amnesty to all Makkans, including those who ate the heart and livers of Hamzah bin Abudu Mutalib. Tell me a prophet that have shown such mercy, if you consider Jesus on the cross, according to the Bible not forgiving the Thief on his left, and we never heard that he forgave Judas Iscariot. Please provide proofs. Finally Muhammad's Quran can bring some happiness to the heart of the Christians that Mary was not a lose wman, based on the saying of the Jews. And that Jesus was not killed like a common worthless criminal. If dont understand it, tough.

The Jews can also use the Quran to protect themselves from the swords of the Christians when they think it will help them, since Quran says that the Jews did not kill Jesus. Miracles started before his birth and even before his parents were maried. Read the Sirah. THe same way that you can proof that Moses, Jesus and others before Muhammad (AS) were prophet of God, will be the exact process that Muhammad can be proven.
I am not succintly denying mohammed's prophetship, to do so amounts to bias. I am simply asking u to state the qualities/attributes of any given prophet and let us together deduce and decide if mohammed is truly a prophet.

Kindness is not a measure of prophetship. I am far kinder than the above stated, does that fact alone make me a prophet?
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by olabowale(m): 1:18am On May 29, 2009
@C-NOETIC: Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview
« #18 on: Yesterday at 10:29:57 PM »

So if anyone says he is a prophet, he is automatically one. . . , right?

No and I never said that is the qualification. I stated few of the elements that may be used to define a Prophet.

ur argument is flawed. what are the attributes of a prophet? What is the common denominator of all prophets?

I wonder if you know the quality of a prophet and how the office of prophethood is ordained? God alone ordains His prophets.

A prophet must have a message. . . . his message must be reconcialiable with the "GOD" he proffeses.

The core message of Muhammad (AS) were Allah is One Lord and His chosen religion for mankind is religion. And no association of anyone/thing with Allah.

A prophet must show "works" from his sender. . . .this works could be good deeds, deliverance or miracles.

Muhammad (AS) united the arabs in one single brotherhood, whereby bloodletting through generation tribal wars of revenge is a thing of the past. The only man who truly was sent to all races and colors, because even his companions were of these different people; Shuaib from Rome representing Europeans and white people, Bilal Rabah from Ethiopia who represented Africa, while Salman represented the Persians and Asiatic people. By the way Abdulsalaam was representing the "Jews." It is very clear that arab men and women were part of his community of followers.

He delivered the Arabs and all muslims from idolatry. It is a miracle that a blood hound from Nigeria restricts himself from sexual ludeness. Read his miracles in his lifestory.

A prophet must make and reveal prophecies.

No more prophet after him. Please point to a single true prophet, if you take away the likes of fakes like Odumosu known as Jesu Oyingbo, or the crazies running loose in the western nations. Prophetic statement that Rome will defeat Persia. Abi Lahab will never accept Islam and shall die as a disbeliever. The opening of Persia and beyong.

These are three ingridients of a prophet I subscribe to. Which of them does mohammed fulfill?

Muhammad stated that the body of Pharaoh shall be recovered because it is to remain as a reminder/warning to future generations. That body is in Egypt, today and you dont have the same information in your Bible.

Mohammed claims islam is a religion of peace . . . . .yet he postulates the killing of "infidels" and gives no right to non-believers.

The word "infidel" is on the pages of the Bible. Read Timothy and then show me in Arabc Quran where the word "infidel" is written?

he also advocates jihad (violence and oppression) as tools for converting unbelievers.

If force convertion was employed dont you think that those who did not convert would be killed? And who forced converted by forefathers in Ijebuland of Yoruba tribe of Nigeria? I think you are just talking for the same of saying something.

So how do u reconcile mohammed's message of peace to his deeds that are enshrined in violence and oprresive inactions?

And how do you reconcile prophethood of Moses; was he considered a violent or not violent prophet? How about that of Jesus who spoke in the Bible about killing, purchases of ammonitions, without doing any fighting? Could it be that he was overwhelmed, by the fire powers of his enemies? There is no reason to buy ammonitions unless you are intending to use it. You cant tell your associate to buy machine guns, here an now, except it will be used to kill something. Now tell me what was the intended usage of the Swords that Prophet Jesus requested his followers to buy?

Which miracle did mohammed perform? I am not aware of any. please educate me if there is any miracle from mohammed.

Among a billion and more miracles, Muhammad healed the ailing eyes of Ali bin Abi Talib so that he can give him a sword. Water sprouted between his fingers so that people can drink and make wudu. What about his heavenly night journey? Does that qualify? Read man.

What prophecy did he make? you should be able to tell.

His uncle will die without accepting Islam. Rome will defeat Iran. You want more, read man. Pharaoh's body will be found in good state. All of these came about. What about space exploration; non-muslim nations fulfilled it. Read Surah Rahman.

[Quote]
who is mohammed, a prophet or a messenger?
and what exactly is the relevance of all these u stated above?
[/quote]

Messengers are also prophets, duuh. Messengers are message carriers. Prophets are not necessary message carriers, but probably reformers. Muhammad like Moses and Jesus was a Messenger with a whole lot of message written in the Quran. A prophet if you look at his actions and speeches and commitments in his hadith and Sunnah.
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by noetic2: 2:29am On May 29, 2009
@ olobowale

what are u talking about?

what qualifies mohammed as a messenger of GOD? and which of my questions or analysis of prophethood does mohammed fit into?
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by olabowale(m): 2:48am On May 29, 2009
so many dead heads.
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by noetic2: 2:59am On May 29, 2009
u actually assumed the rubbish and meaningless rhetorics u stated above could sustain ur flawed argument?. . . . .no. . ,
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by Abuzola(m): 11:39am On May 29, 2009
olabowale:

so many dead heads.
One thing u should know mr olabowale is not every question need an answer,
I ve studied Noetic and i believe he is trying to make fool of u by repeating same question everytime coolafter getting the answer
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by olabowale(m): 4:57pm On May 29, 2009
My brother Abuzola; I hope that C-NOETIC can make a fool of me. H ewill have to continue to struggle to achieve this objective" and at the end fails.

@C-NOETIC: Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview « #20 on: Today at 02:29:14 AM »

@ olobowale

what are u talking about?

what qualifies mohammed as a messenger of GOD? and which of my questions or analysis of prophethood does mohammed fit into?

This earlier this morning, I was thinking about what single thing that can be argued for a prophet? And my answer is at best his message which is ingrained in his book.By my saying "his", I have nullified the possibility of a woman being a prophet. So I will argue for Muhammad (AS) as a consistent and undoubtedly a prophet! His message is Primarily and completely etched in a Book called Quran. Hadith books being explanations of the verses of this Book of Message. So I will concentrate on the Quran in this argument.

Language of revelation: Arabic the language of Muhammad is what it is revealed in. You will today find this Book in this language and those believers of the Message of Muhammad (AS), all of them know a verse or even a chapter of this Book in that language. It is reported that all of what was revealed to him was recorded and memorized not only by him during his lifetime. But many of those people who followed him in his time. That tradition of memorization still is with the Muslims today, coming down from his time all the way to now, over 1400 years in the making.

During his time, his community used this book and its content, though in patch and loose forms, in their day to day activities. That includes prescribed prayers called Salah, Charities and arm giving, called Zakah and Sadaqah, Fasting called Saum, pilgrimages called Hajj and Umrah. Supplications called Dua.

The core message of the Book is there is Only One God (Allah) Who deserves all prescribed Worship, without anyone ever to be attached in colordship, cogodship, codeity, etc. THose who truly believe do follow the above prescribed.

Tell me if there is a prophet whose book have remained in original like that? What about the message in its original form? If those prophets are alive today, will they recognized their own Books? Will Jesus recognize the Bible and which version, and what sect will be acceptable to him? What language; English, German, or which one? Do you think he will take English over Aramaic? What about Church over Temple? What about the clappings and the singing and the dancing? What about trinity itself? You may have to explain to him that you change his message as you wish. He will then wil have to tell you the Original Message for the very first time.

How about Moses message with the Jews? He will be shocked when he sees the Synagogues and the bopping of head towards the Wailing wall!" Jesus will be shocked too that you have discarded the laws and the prophets and came up with saying that he died on the cross and saying that he came up to life sometimes later. If you look at the argument, it is possible that the followers of Moses, (when they rejected Jesus) and the followers of Jesus (who in turn rejected Muhammad) may be wrong, since their books are never stable (refer to your Bible and learn what am talking about. Which is the real Bible?), or are the prophets wrong? The answer is clear.

It is the followers who are liars, because they lie against the prophets (AS). I know Moses and Jesus are both prophets. There books are no more exactly as they left them. Muhamad's Book is still in the same way! Am very confident that Muhammad is a proven prophet by just his Book. Now tell your story and proof to me how you can disproof him. Not that your statement matter anyhow, since my evidence above is overwhelming and very current.

Go to any Book shop, or Library, etc of Muslims. Then do the same for Christians and or Jews. Moses never called his religion or his trbal nations, Jew or Jewish. Jesus never called his religion Christianity and never asked that a religion be organized on his name, title etc.

Am done, man. And I dont wanna be bothered. Unless you present a compelling argument.
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by todak(m): 9:14pm On May 29, 2009
@ all slaves of allah

Since you are all bent on the prophethood of muhammad, well, religiously, he is, but then, i want this tread to take a new dimension,

WHAT ARE THE QUALITIES OF A PROPHET?
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by Abuzola(m): 7:28pm On Jun 12, 2009
grin

"But those who disbelieve (in the Oneness of Allah), for them will be the Fire of Hell. Neither will it have a complete killing effect on them so that they die, nor shall its torment be lightened for them. Thus do We requite every disbeliever!" [Faatir 35:36]
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by dankol: 8:04pm On Jun 14, 2009
Abuzola u love beating about the bush, take a break and answer todak's question?
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by Abuzola(m): 9:57pm On Jun 14, 2009
U should know me by now that i ignore tautology & absurd questions, by d way if i answer ur question will u accept islam
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by littleb(m): 11:27pm On Jun 14, 2009
todak:

@ all slaves of allah

Since you are all bent on the prophethood of muhammad, well, religiously, he is, but then, i want this tread to take a new dimension,

WHAT ARE THE QUALITIES OF A PROPHET?

Have you ever any part of the Quran that gives you clear explanation of who the prophets are. Read suratul anbiyah, plus yusuf ali commentary. It may help if you are truly sincere.
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by Jatador: 1:51pm On Jun 15, 2009
Where i come from,we don't regard warlords and men who violate underage girls as prophets. . . .
Re: Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview by olabowale(m): 5:49pm On Jun 15, 2009
@Jatador: Where do you come from? Moses will not be a prophet there, too. No? How about David who began to fight before the Jewish age of Bermitva; 13 years old, today?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Revealed: FG And CAN plans to clear Islam-Message To All Muslims / Muslim Women becoming Virgins again with Hymen Replacement Operations / Difficult issues in Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 182
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.