Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,296 members, 7,954,180 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:45 PM

ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands (16982 Views)

ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG / Boko Haram: ASUU Threatens Strike If FG Doesn’t Rescue Abducted Lecturers / Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by eitsei(m): 6:48am On Aug 31, 2016
justicejay:
There are some news that ain't shocking anymore like.
ASUU embark on indefinate strike.
Pms price to rise again.
Naira fall against USD.
lol.. That's true o
Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by parzdor(m): 6:48am On Aug 31, 2016
M plus one nairalanders plz show some love n shower me with likes

1 Like

Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by olusegun08166(m): 6:50am On Aug 31, 2016
There is something that is much more scarce, something rarer than ability. It is the ability to recognize ability. Always remember you've gotta do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was... *Good Morning*
Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 31, 2016
ASUU is going on strike because of the simple reason that if they do not go on strike , the universities may be forced to increase fees.

The agreement signed in 2013 guaranteed N1trillion over 5 years in extra funding for our universities. That money has not been paid in full yet.

Either ASUU goes on strike, and gets the government to pay up.....ie this government.....or we raise fees. Our universities need the money to improve.
Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by atoleybaba(m): 6:54am On Aug 31, 2016
A beg make them wait oooo....I only have 2months to left to leave school
Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by Funjosh(m): 6:55am On Aug 31, 2016
ASUU wan start their own again. Na wa o
Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by Miles300: 6:58am On Aug 31, 2016
Nairadays:
ASUU demands are endless
till the end of the world .
Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by chrisBenSunny: 7:01am On Aug 31, 2016
Nna eeh! Dis ASUU mata don taya pesin sef make dem go to hell.
Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by sergiolefty(m): 7:02am On Aug 31, 2016
not surprised, we vote for All promise Cancelled.... grin grin grin PMB......If nah so dem dey strike for d skul ur pikin go, she go graduate??
Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by sukkot: 7:08am On Aug 31, 2016
saintkel:
Not just ASUU bt d whole sector should go on strike. Imagine d high cost of food stuffs wen petrol never increase.
saintkel when you go receive sense na

1 Like

Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by LorDBolton(m): 7:13am On Aug 31, 2016
I urge all naija students to deal with any lecturer who goes on strike.

Those mofos are killing our edu sector...why strike? You want full implementation at this critical time in our nations life when we battling terrorism and militancy, forex crisis etc?

It's time for students to become thorns...shebi the 2 elephants wan fight? Let's know if they can step on thorny fields.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by chukwurah12345(m): 7:15am On Aug 31, 2016
Dis strike will nt stand....because d trends in naija nw is original n fake......IPOB equals RE-IPOB evn Tri-IPOB,oby Ezekwesili's BBOG's and NPA Boss of BBOG's, CAN and Northern CAN,PDP and Sheriff....nw ASUU Let's expect #the fake ASUU soon!! Naija seasonal movie
Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by Angrymode: 7:16am On Aug 31, 2016
The strike will help no one for now because Gen Cassandra won't even give a Bleep.
Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 31, 2016
nattyGENT:
Na una been give APC bloc vote, na appreciation be deaf ear to una demands.

The MOU was signed in 2009. The drunkard had up to 4yrz to implement it....but he chose to do nothing about it.

Now you wanna shift the blame on the 'Dullard'

Bros, USE YOUR BRAIN !

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by Respect55(m): 7:23am On Aug 31, 2016
Strike or no strike, I doesn't still make any difference. Everything is just messed up. None of these ones in sch now will understand what I'm saying till they are done with dia NYSC program.
Nigeria, truly, there was a country.
#ItKeepsGettingWorse
Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by ensamy(m): 7:35am On Aug 31, 2016
Another failed strike just like NLC strike. ASSU this time northern universities will not join you because Baba is in power. APC will say its PDP that cause the strike.

Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by Nnenna18(f): 7:38am On Aug 31, 2016
May God help us o o o
Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by abbas01: 7:46am On Aug 31, 2016
ASUU and strike are like 5/6 from time immemorial. Dem use strike do dem ni?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by czarr(m): 7:50am On Aug 31, 2016
Abeg na cry
Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 31, 2016
[quote author=Brownville007 post=48942708]The season of the witch is finally here in Naija. Everybody is disgrunted and angry . In short, even before ASUU, so many schools have been on spiritual and physical strikes. Every year, they keep on reneging on signing agreements they undertake. Even ASUU is sick as well. In short, everything in this Nation is sick ..[Because of ASUU insatiable request now, everything in your own naija including you is sick.Must you comment if your reasoning can't dance the rhythm of the post? Yet, your likes claim future leader.I fear what the nation would be when it's your turn! Ah! What a regret having His Royal Clueless Stealing is not Corruption once upon a time on the throne o?]
Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by kumaitama(m): 7:53am On Aug 31, 2016
ASUU with unending demand and Strike appears to be the only language that government seems to hear.
Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by frubben(m): 7:54am On Aug 31, 2016
All dis one's with demand. Na so so demand dey sabi.

Demand dis
Demand dat

Strike if demand not met.

Do u tink our deaf government will reason u

If u go on strike, just have it @ the back of ur mind that its going to b infinite strike.
Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 31, 2016
I attended a public university without suffering from ASUU strike.
That was because the uni was suspended from ASUU
That was one of the best things that happened to my school.
How I wish they can scrap the body, to me its causing more harm than good to the educational system
Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 31, 2016
[quote author=sergiolefty post=48943208]not surprised, we vote for All promise Cancelled.... grin grin grin PMB......If nah so dem dey strike for d skul ur pikin go, she go graduate?? [You won't read a post before comment. How would you? When you are as clueless as your god-hero. Matter arising since 2009, you are blaming a new helmsman for it. Was your clueless hero not the sheriff then? Dunce!]
Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by iderahezron: 8:05am On Aug 31, 2016
na waaa ooo
Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by foreverkind1(m): 8:15am On Aug 31, 2016
sucreblazing:
na for only nigeria u go use six year for 4 years course....if ASUU no strike, non teaching staff go strike, student go protest school fees.....

B4 person graduate sef e dn reach to born pikin why pple knw go back date their age ?

This time wey the goverment get ear problem, them go fit hear them like this ?
Wait oya chop 1 like grin
Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by foreverkind1(m): 8:20am On Aug 31, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
ASUU is going on strike because of the simple reason that if they do not go on strike , the universities may be forced to increase fees.

The agreement signed in 2013 guaranteed N1trillion over 5 years in extra funding for our universities. That money has not been paid in full yet.

Either ASUU goes on strike, and gets the government to pay up.....ie this government.....or we raise fees. Our universities need the money to improve.

Bro God bless you..the issue of increase in fees is real. Accounting 100 level in my school are to pay 151,000 + acceptance of 50,000.. You go still pay faculty due 10,000 ,some useless departmental dues too. Like 4,000. Collect hostel of like 70,000 ..approximately 300,000..? Imagine ,how much na private university self..useless school # Eksu . very soon its only the super rich kids that will be able to afford education .
Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by daryoor03(m): 8:40am On Aug 31, 2016
We should not be hearing news like this.ASUU not again.
Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by dave1614: 8:51am On Aug 31, 2016
Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by sergiolefty(m): 8:59am On Aug 31, 2016
[quote author=Anytarn post=48944493][/quote]ancient history grin grin grin .... Bro, if my hero is clueless Wetin be PMB...... Ijiot
Re: ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands by emmasege: 9:02am On Aug 31, 2016
How can ASUU demand that FG funds state universities? Do state governments fund federal universities in their respective localities? This is why one is tempted to think that ASUU's demands are misplaced priorities at times. These same state universities lecturers earn ore than their FG colleagues through hazard allowance of 30k/month, which is not being paid in federal universities. Aside this, state university lecturers are at liberty to sell books and hand-outs to students, whereas this is not the case in FG universities. The IGR of most state universities is fat enough to pay staff salaries, whereas federal can not boast of the same since the schools are heavily subsidized by the FG. The contrast between state and federal universities in terms of ownership, IGR and administration makes ASUU's demands unrealistic and senseless, in my own opinion. Why should I, as an employer, take care of some other people's employees, while my own employees are even less taken care of?

Should FG yield to this senseless demand, they can as well start preparing to start funding state secondary schools, state media houses, state hospitals like they do for those owned by FG.

ASUU should make sensible demands, abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter / ASUU Strike Suspension: Watch Moment ASUU Called Off Its 1 Month Strike (Video) / Education Section Rules And Regulation(New)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.