Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,370 members, 7,829,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Why Isn't Government Cultivating Since Agriculture Is The Way Forward? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Why Isn't Government Cultivating Since Agriculture Is The Way Forward? (412 Views)

"Agriculture Is My MMM" -Journalist Says As He Shares Photos Of His Farm Produce / Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole / Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Isn't Government Cultivating Since Agriculture Is The Way Forward? by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 31, 2016
I cant help but wonder why the government themselves don't have big farms and cultivate on a commercial level.
When it gets to oil, they are all over it, they have never offered loans or grant to mine oil, they are willing and eager to do it themselves.
But why is it that when it gets to Agriculture You See them begging people to come and take loan and do.
This gives me cause for concern, if they really believe agriculture can uplift our economy, then why not do it themselves as they do with oil?

Lalasticlala... What's happening to us?

Pls I need answers
Re: Why Isn't Government Cultivating Since Agriculture Is The Way Forward? by OKUCHI11(m): 7:18am On Aug 31, 2016
we all don't practise what we preach.. ...I stand to be corrected

1 Like

Re: Why Isn't Government Cultivating Since Agriculture Is The Way Forward? by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 31, 2016
CC FarmTech and DOMINIQUE
Fp, let's discuss
Re: Why Isn't Government Cultivating Since Agriculture Is The Way Forward? by Gric: 12:25pm On Aug 31, 2016
Re: Why Isn't Government Cultivating Since Agriculture Is The Way Forward? by ceaz4r(m): 9:47pm On Aug 31, 2016
Very interesting question. Why aren't we seeing large scale gov't plantations like Pineapple, Plantain, Cashew, that can yeild revenue to gov't and also pay workers?

(1) (Reply)

Seller Of Cassava Flakes Needed Asap Contact 08036987633 Or 08088993551 / Boi, Ooni Partner To Train 150 Youths In Agriculture / Old Layers Needed In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.