Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,068 members, 7,821,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Be Careful Of The Girls As A Fresher. A True Life Story From A Fresher. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Be Careful Of The Girls As A Fresher. A True Life Story From A Fresher. (3836 Views)

Your Experience In Higher Institution As A Fresher / Hilarious But True Life Of A Nigerian University Student (pictures) / Kids Will Learn ABC This Way, If This Generation Is Not Careful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Careful Of The Girls As A Fresher. A True Life Story From A Fresher. by donfarad(m): 7:56am On Aug 31, 2016
A DAY WITH FUNMI (Trust, Infatuation and Destruction)

I rushed into the faculty of medicine O.A.U for my faculty screening exercise which happens to be the deadline day and it was scheduled to commence at 10am. As I ran through the corridor leading to the waiting room, I turned to checked on my wristwatch GOSH it's 12:45pm already; i must have been careless & nonchalant enough to have allowed these to happen. I mumbled few words of prayer asking God to intervene on my situation.

As i stepped into the waiting room, i noticed a long queue of students with red hot faces looking towards my direction, but i ignored them & quickly took a sit as i gasped for breath sweating profusely. After about two hours, it got to my turn, i hurriedly went in, did my screening & came out with brim smiles written all over my face but the joy was cut short as i ponder on the ugly scenario that has led to my lateness to the faculty. Tears almost dropped from my eyes as i thought about how FUNMI almost made me forfeited my admission.
I met funmi on the second day of resumption, we met in a cafeteria while trying to get a sit with a trail pan on my hand which contains a bottle of chilled drink and a sausage roll, our eyes met, she smiled and i felt this would be a good catch. As i sat down to gulp the contents in the trail, we introduced ourselves, we got talking about life and issues on campus and about the anticipated difficulties as a fresher. The discussion lasted for about two hours, we both exchanged contacts before she left.

I and funmi got along easily. We spent time together walking around the campus, visiting places, we went for our fresher orientation program, mountaineering, burn fire and wow it felt like we have known each other for years. One fateful Wednesday funmi invited me to her place which i obliged to go and when i got there, i met two other girls at her place, the atmosphere was bright and fun because i met them chatting and laughing though with bottles of alcoholic wines but something Wasn't right about the place. I perceived smells of marijuana, cigarettes and other local drugs and before then, i have heard rumours of funmi been an addict to marijuana and heroin, i thought about asking her but i felt i should wait till her friends leave. Funmi offered me a drink in a glass cup which i took with delight and gulped the whole content till the last drop because i was a bit thirsty as a result of the hot sunny weather and she advised i take another cup of the the liquor which i reluctantly accepted. After about thirty minutes i started feeling tipsy, my vision became blurred & i couldn't control my movement, i asked funmi what was added to the drink, the three girls started laughing and funmi vividly told me she added marijuana to the drink but obviously i couldn't do anything, i was left helpless as i dozed off watching the three girls in an uncontrollable laughter. I woke up 11:45am the next day with a slight headache and hangover then i managed to look around and found the other girls still sleeping due to the effect of the alcohol then it struck my mind that i was supposed to be at the screening venue at 10:am the deadline day, hastily i rushed out of the building, took a bike to my hostel, picked up my credentials and ran straight to my faculty to get my screening done.

I heaved a sigh of relief as i walked down to my hostel knowing fully well that my relationship with funmi has hit the wall, she is a wrong influence i said to myself and i forbid myself going close to her because my escapade with her almost got me doomed.

PAUSE: many at times we meet people with the right intention of getting to know them and basically kick-start a forster relationship but along the line we will end up feeling disappointed with the personality characteristics of that person. Statistics has shown that the average human have the potential to make flimsy mistake when we come across someone for the first time. YES! Infatuation sets in and there is these delight You feel and you always want to see that person, talk to that person and even spend special moments with that person at all time. Believe me, a lot of people conceal their bad attitudes so as not to be judged wrongly when giving someone a first impression and its in our best interest not to easily trust people within a short period of time because trust is for those who deserves it and not for those who demands for it so you won't end up losing something very special in your life, jeopardising your future or even regret meeting that person who once made you blushed.

Source: http://fidwell..com.ng/2016/08/a-day-with-funmi-trust-infatuation-and.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Be Careful Of The Girls As A Fresher. A True Life Story From A Fresher. by Captainz102(m): 11:15am On Aug 31, 2016
Nice one, these write up was great and full of lesson. I love it.
Re: Be Careful Of The Girls As A Fresher. A True Life Story From A Fresher. by csamiii: 12:14pm On Aug 31, 2016
Datz all? You drink monkey-tail, you no fit handle am and now we should beware of freshers! Gimme a break.

1 Like

Re: Be Careful Of The Girls As A Fresher. A True Life Story From A Fresher. by Lastbender: 1:32pm On Aug 31, 2016
There's no "Faculty" of medicine in OAU

1 Like

Re: Be Careful Of The Girls As A Fresher. A True Life Story From A Fresher. by nNEOo(m): 1:39pm On Aug 31, 2016
Thanks u but u didn't tell us the Part when u high n three babes use laughter wan kill u n u no f***kn fight the back.... What am I saying.
Re: Be Careful Of The Girls As A Fresher. A True Life Story From A Fresher. by babyfaceafrica: 3:01pm On Aug 31, 2016
So no foursome?....what's the meaning of this now
Re: Be Careful Of The Girls As A Fresher. A True Life Story From A Fresher. by Dreyl(m): 3:05pm On Aug 31, 2016
This your story get k leg sha.
Re: Be Careful Of The Girls As A Fresher. A True Life Story From A Fresher. by IamLEGEND1: 6:38pm On Aug 31, 2016
See mumu,dem pour you drink wey you suspect say dem lace with something and you still drink am.

(1) (Reply)

If Killing One Person Can Start World War, Who Could Be That One Person? / JSS 3 Students In Kano Recites The 36 States & Capital, Sparks Outrage (Photo) / CCTV Caught A Witch Performing Ritual At Midnight On Ghanaian Campus (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.