Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,394 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Airtel Illegal Account Deduction - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Illegal Account Deduction (7167 Views)

How Can I Stop Glo Airtime Deduction? / Man Awarded N530,000 Against MTN By Federal High Court For Callertunez Deduction / Help Needed. How Do I Stop This Airtel R And D 20naira Daily Deduction. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Illegal Account Deduction by ify2nyce(f): 9:32am On Aug 31, 2016
I loaded N100 on my airtel sim to call somebody,after I finished loading the card,airtel deduction the whole 100naira from my acct balance telling I subscribed to one useless 10vid or what which I know I didn't

this is not the first time they are doing this,I have angrily broke my last airtel sim becus of this

pls is there any solution to this??

1 Like

Re: Airtel Illegal Account Deduction by ReInstalled(m): 10:18am On Aug 31, 2016
thought it was only me
Re: Airtel Illegal Account Deduction by benzene00: 10:33am On Aug 31, 2016
airtel and scam

Re: Airtel Illegal Account Deduction by lekjons(m): 2:49pm On Aug 31, 2016
Call customer care or contact them on Facebook, and tell them to help you deactivate all services.. That's all!
Re: Airtel Illegal Account Deduction by lekjons(m): 2:51pm On Aug 31, 2016
Call customer care or contact them on Facebook, and tell them to help you deactivayte all services.. That's all!
Re: Airtel Illegal Account Deduction by chrisskynet(m): 6:44pm On Aug 31, 2016
Airtel they are criminals.. Stupid network
Re: Airtel Illegal Account Deduction by abdeiz(m): 7:31pm On Aug 31, 2016
Those guys can frustrate person ehn. Imagine how they tactically and strategically deduct from my account almost everyday. Ive tried *902# and I've been told I'm not on any service they insist yet my credit still gets deducted. Man am I pissed angry angry
Re: Airtel Illegal Account Deduction by prince985(m): 10:54pm On Nov 08, 2016
ify2nyce:
I loaded N100 on my airtel sim to call somebody,after I finished loading the card,airtel deduction the whole 100naira from my acct balance telling I subscribed to one useless 10vid or what which I know I didn't

this is not the first time they are doing this,I have angrily broke my last airtel sim becus of this

well judgin from d trash u just rote here...im guessin ur english is terrible so maybe airtel was just angry about that after listening to ur fonecall so dey decided to punish u...i know its a lot of trouble but dis whole tin is justified
Re: Airtel Illegal Account Deduction by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 7:25am On Oct 05, 2017
abdeiz:
Those guys can frustrate person ehn. Imagine how they tactically and strategically deduct from my account almost everyday. Ive tried *902# and I've been told I'm not on any service they insist yet my credit still gets deducted. Man am I pissed angry angry
This is exactly my case. I trued to opt out but they told me I'm not on any service charges, yet they keep deducting my money.
How were you able to rectify it?
Re: Airtel Illegal Account Deduction by abdeiz(m): 7:46am On Oct 05, 2017
ADENIKETINA2015:

This is exactly my case. I trued to opt out but they told me I'm not on any service charges, yet they keep deducting my money.
How were you able to rectify it?

Wow that was more than a year ago, I bought another Airtel Sim. whenever i recharge I get a large bonus for calls and I use the main credit for subscription. that way they won't find any credit to deduct.
Re: Airtel Illegal Account Deduction by bravesoul247(m): 8:29am On Oct 05, 2017
ify2nyce:

I think you've solved the problem already. You broke your sim already so what other solution supercedes that?

1 Like

Re: Airtel Illegal Account Deduction by bravesoul247(m): 8:29am On Oct 05, 2017
abdeiz:
just call them.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Illegal Account Deduction by Cassie74: 9:39am On Oct 05, 2017
U can write to NCC or call their customer care...I think it's toll free
Re: Airtel Illegal Account Deduction by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 2:18pm On Oct 05, 2017
abdeiz:

Wow that was more than a year ago, I bought another Airtel Sim. whenever i recharge I get a large bonus for calls and I use the main credit for subscription. that way they won't find any credit to deduct.
OK thanks. Guess I'll have to get a new sim
Re: Airtel Illegal Account Deduction by Wilfem(m): 9:29pm On Oct 19, 2017
I recharged my line, so as to renew my Internet bundle (N2.5/5gb) inside my wifi device, but the data subscription couldn't go through, for like an hour or so. Later on, I got a text message that N100 has been deducted for one yeye 10Vid service that I neither knew about nor ever subscribed to. I immediately called them, but was told that the application to be used in deactivating the stuff is down and that I should exercise patience for 24 hours.
The implication of this that I can't make the data subscription for now as I wanted, except if I complete the money back.
I wouldn't want to hide the fact that I was very much angry and very displeased with this.
Re: Airtel Illegal Account Deduction by GreatNegro(m): 9:50pm On Oct 19, 2017
I thought I was the only one. Airtel also deducted my account 3 times. I will never load card on it again.
Re: Airtel Illegal Account Deduction by Wilfem(m): 10:49pm On Oct 19, 2017
After this so called illegal deduction, I later recharged may data line with N100 and successfully subscribed to the data plan. Then, I decided to give their customer care a call again, and to my greatest surprise, I was told that the money deducted is 'non refundable'. Meaning that it's been permanently deducted, (while I never knew or made use of the service). I'm just wondering about the numbers of people who might be going through this, and to the Airtel team, they'll think they're making money for them through all these.
I later got myself deactivated and I hope it won't ever happen again. But in the meantime, something really drastic needs to be done from the regulatory bodies, so as to prevent these.

Re: Airtel Illegal Account Deduction by Referendum50(f): 5:02am On Oct 20, 2017
Wilfem:
After this so called illegal deduction, I later recharged may data line with N100 and successfully subscribed to the data plan. Then, I decided to give their customer care a call again, and to my greatest surprise, I was told that the money deducted is 'non refundable'. Meaning that it's been permanently deducted, (while I never knew or made use of the service). I'm just wondering about the numbers of people who might be going through this, and to the Airtel team, they'll think they're making money for them through all these.
I later got myself deactivated and I hope it won't ever happen again. But in the meantime, something really drastic needs to be done from the regulatory bodies, so as to prevent these.

They deducted my money too. I think buhari economy is really bitting on them hard

(1) (Reply)

Jumia's SODA S2 Phone / Easybuy Phones And Prices 2024 / Why Do Nigerians Prefer Nokia Phones?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.