Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,047 members, 7,825,339 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession - BBC - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession - BBC (21300 Views)

Bill Gates Speaks Pidgin English On BBC (Video) / Nigerian Economy: Here Are Some Profitable Online Businesses You Can Start / Nigeria Economy Slips Into Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession - BBC by ajepako(f): 2:14pm On Aug 31, 2016
shakaZuIlu:
omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka
ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu

Bloodykiller and omenkata....I sight you..

You no dey carry last... grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession - BBC by chuose: 2:15pm On Aug 31, 2016
LizB2K:
Keep keeping calm and cool.....
Something caused the recession....something will of course cause the growth if we all endure.And sooner or later,we'd all come to live in a Nigeria of our #dream...
#UnitedWeStand!

Which wan na United we stand, you no see dullard taxing the south to furnish the North?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4173527_crftogvuaalk9z_jpegeae945e2f8d2fa4f63f26540556cd697

Buhari has been practicing Northocracy in a democratic system

Where is the Unity please?
You and who unite?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession - BBC by BiafraIShere(m): 2:17pm On Aug 31, 2016
Pprovost:
The DARKEST HOUR of the day is just before DAWN cool

NIGERIA WILL OVERCOME!!!
Just Negodu, Sai Barberians & Zombies are still hoping that the dullard has something to offer, even when it has become crystal clear to the blind & very audible to the deaf that buhari has rendered Nigeria prostrate, canibalized & with a scrap value that could only be enhanced after true federalism or outright disolution. What a fvrked up country!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession - BBC by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 31, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Posterity will never forgive Nigeria Youths if all we do is to wail and wail without trying to form an alliance to save this nation from the hands of political cabals and cannibalistic leaders who have long outlived their political sagacity and intellectual acumen but are now in senescence!
it's youths like you who are incapable of speaking plain English who grow up to be redundant old men like Bubu...
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession - BBC by Okundaye4(m): 2:43pm On Aug 31, 2016
WHICH KIND CHANGE BE THIS?

Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession - BBC by Sunnycliff(m): 2:44pm On Aug 31, 2016
GogobiriLalas:
it's youths like you who are incapable of speaking plain English who grow up to be redundant old men like Bubu...

What were the errors you detected from y words? Or is this a sheer reflection of poor idiolect?
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession - BBC by toidflex(m): 2:45pm On Aug 31, 2016
735i:
Both times Bubu has been at the helm of affairs... Nigeria slipped into recession...

Bubu is badluck...

#Bubumustgo
nairalander we always give u like if u insult bubu, why now dnt u people have respect u have to pray 4 bubu cos insults will lead to nowhere.
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession - BBC by juman(m): 2:50pm On Aug 31, 2016
The government are good people but getting it wrong.

They are too unserious.

A lot of billions of dollars is needed to be pumped into the economy.
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession - BBC by 735i(m): 3:11pm On Aug 31, 2016
Solitin40:

mumu you saw 70% of the revenue is from oil and you are still saying rubbish you need help from above

Is Buhari OPEC ?

When GEJ was there why can't he save ?

It is clearly obvious that you the bad luck

Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession - BBC by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 31, 2016
Solitin40:

mumu you saw 70% of the revenue is from oil and you are still saying rubbish you need help from above

Is Buhari OPEC ?

When GEJ was there why can't he save ?

It is clearly obvious that you the bad luck

What happened to FDIs Forreign currecy inflows ? They destroyed it with useless policies..
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession - BBC by bettercreature(m): 3:54pm On Aug 31, 2016
ajepako:

When did you change tunes?

GOOD MORNING
Good afternoon! I'm still a die hard APC fan but if we don't tell them the truth,they will lose woefully comes 2019
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession - BBC by Anglovel: 5:09pm On Aug 31, 2016
ademidedavid:
Change is @ work
pls vote sai baba 2019 again n get . . .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession - BBC by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 31, 2016
God will see us through. This is the epic storm and when the storm is over, we will see perfect sunshine
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession - BBC by ajepako(f): 5:53pm On Aug 31, 2016
bettercreature:
Good afternoon! I'm still a die hard APC fan but if we don't tell them the truth,they will lose woefully comes 2019

kudos....
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession - BBC by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 31, 2016
PaulIdu:

Please excepts from another Nairalander

You missed the point.

Fact is....if you want a strong economy, you have to stop relying on income from selling resources....and start working hard.

Ah well.....you Nigerians want free money. If oil prices go up....you people would be praising PMB. When in real life...the economy is still in a mess.
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession - BBC by PaulIdu: 6:14pm On Aug 31, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

You missed the point.

Fact is....if you want a strong economy, you have to stop relying on income from selling resources....and start working hard.

Ah well.....you Nigerians want free money. If oil prices go up....you people would be praising PMB. When in real life...the economy is still in a mess.

You are missing my point also. .what I am saying is that Buhari is very incompetent and visionless to provide any sort of successful economic road map for Nigeria ..I want our economy diversified from a raw material one to a value added export type , I would rather we export refined oil products than export crude , I would rather we use our large population to turn Nigeria into the production labour capital of Africa , I would rather we export electricity to all of the sub region but the truth is that Buhari doesn't have what it takes in character, vision and competence ..he is never going to be a great leader ..things will just go worse and worse under him for no reason
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession - BBC by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 31, 2016
PaulIdu:

You are missing my point also. .what I am saying is that Buhari is very incompetent and visionless to provide any sort of successful economic road map for Nigeria ..I want our economy diversified from a raw material one to a value added export type , I would rather we export refined oil products than export crude , I would rather we use our large population to turn Nigeria into the production labour capital of Africa , I would rather we export electricity to all of the sub region but the truth is that Buhari doesn't have what it takes in character, vision and competence ..he is never going to be a great leader ..things will just go worse and worse under him for no reason

Well if that is what you want.....it won't be easy

If our leadership begin the diversification process...things are going to get tougher than they are now. It may take decades before we see benefits. But the end would be worth it.
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession - BBC by AfroBlue(m): 6:58pm On Aug 31, 2016
and Norway, and Saudi Arabia, and Venezuela, etc, etc.

Norway Raids Sovereign Wealth Fund To Cover Government Expenses

Tyler Durden's picture
by Tyler Durden
Aug 30, 2016 5:00 AM

Saudi Arabia isn't the only oil-dependent nation struggling to make ends meet in the wake of weak oil prices. For the first time since its establishment in 1996, the Norwegian government is starting to withdraw money from its sovereign wealth fund to cover government expenses. In fact, in the first half of 2016 the government has withdrawn $5.4 billion. Moreover, withdrawals are expected to accelerate in 2H 2016 reaching nearly $20 billion, a run-rate that would have them exceeding the fiscal limits imposed on fund withdrawals of 4% of assets, or $36 billion. To put those withdrawals into perspective, Norway's economy is roughly $375 billion and federal spending accounts for roughly 60% or $225BN. Therefore, a $20BN withdrawal in 2H 2016 represents roughly 18% of total government spending.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-08-29/norway-raiding-sovereign-wealth-fund-cover-government-expenses

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession - BBC by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 31, 2016
735i:
Both times Bubu has been at the helm of affairs... Nigeria slipped into recession...

Bubu is badluck...

#Bubumustgo
no mind us dem comot goodluck come put badder luck.
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession - BBC by Youngzedd(m): 8:31pm On Aug 31, 2016
ifenes:
Get well soon Nigeria. I won't pray for you because it will mean I have ignored you. I will rather implore you to be more creative.

But wait,the most religious country in the world?? Where is yahweh and allah tho? The largest offering donation on a single day in the world?? Hmm something is wrong.

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession - BBC by dasoul(m): 9:19pm On Aug 31, 2016
To borrow from Ronald Reagan, Recession is when your neighbor loses his job. Depression is when you lose yours. And Recovery is when Buhari loses his.
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession - BBC by segcymoor(m): 10:08pm On Aug 31, 2016
Hmnn
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession - BBC by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 31, 2016
egbonnla:
This is just the official confirmation of Nigerians have been going thru in the past 1 year. I refused to blame Jonathan for this. APC should find a better excuse!

There's no way jona and his goons in PDP will not take a larger chunk in this blame. While I agree that the economic team of the federal government is moving way too slow, I'd want to imagine that they are handicapped by the fact that Nigeria still remains largely a mono product revenue economy.

While the country earned more than three quarters of its total earnings ever as a country in the 16 years of PDP, not a single should in the PDP camp remembered that we should diversify.

Now global oil prices has slumped badly, not to mention the SCavengers reducing the country's earning from crude sales.

Economics ain't magic. It might get a lot worse before it gets better. This is not an attempt to exonerate the present administration. I think most of the ministers are just simply confused. They don't understand how to execute their portfolio. God help us all.
Re: Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession - BBC by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 31, 2016
egbonnla:
This is just the official confirmation of Nigerians have been going thru in the past 1 year. I refused to blame Jonathan for this. APC should find a better excuse!

There's no way jona and his goons in PDP will not take a larger chunk in this blame. While I agree that the economic team of the federal government is moving way too slow, I'd want to imagine that they are handicapped by the fact that Nigeria still remains largely a mono product revenue economy.

While the country earned more than three quarters of its total earnings ever as a country in the 16 years of PDP, not a single should in the PDP camp remembered that we should diversify.

Now global oil prices has slumped badly, not to mention the SCavengers reducing the country's earning from crude sales.

Economics ain't magic. It might get a lot worse before it gets better. This is not an attempt to exonerate the present administration. I think most of the ministers are just simply confused. They don't understand how to execute their portfolio. God help us all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bank Customers, Investors Shun Deposits For Treasury Bills / CBN Dormant Account Policy Triggers Anxiety In Banking Sector / Total Staff Returns N108k To Customer Who Forgot His Money At Ilorin Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.