Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud (87770 Views)

‎Avoid Ponzi Schemes! SEC Warns Nigerians / MMM Participants Celebrate The Return Of MMM Nigeria (Videos) / CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by mckoolcharming(m): 12:41am On Sep 01, 2016
PaulIdu:

Sergey Panteleevich Mavrodi (Russian:Серге́й Пантелеевич Мавроди; born August 11, 1955) is a Russian criminal and a former deputy of the State Duma. He is the founder of the МММ series of pyramid schemes. In 2007 Sergei Mavrodi was found guilty in a Russian court of defrauding 10,000 investors out of 110 million rubles ($4.3 million).[1][2][3]

old story that was resolved... check d new story Oga rumor mongah

2 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by PaulIdu: 12:44am On Sep 01, 2016
mckoolcharming:

old story that was resolved... check d new story Oga rumor mongah

You are clearly a member of this fraud syndicate ..so went on to create a Nigerian version of Mavrodi scam so you can steal from Nigerians ..shei u reside in south Africa

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by rusher14: 12:48am On Sep 01, 2016
Joel3:
shut up. as I said before it's not a scam.

it's a simple logic. but it's a threat to our banking sector and the economy. the money is in circle between the banking chain and growing rapidly for doing nothing. it will hurt down our very own economy like recession.

the prosperity is a fake prosperity.

I know say you must still cry.

Sorry quoted wrong person.
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Kenbee001: 1:15am On Sep 01, 2016
niggi4life:
you are still speaking chinese, simple question, how does MMM make their own profit since they don't accept those money, rather people send this money to each other?
The issue I think is you're bent on making it look bad. Is there any law stopping them from providing help into the same system. Pls you show balance your thoughts on any issue

2 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Kenbee001: 1:18am On Sep 01, 2016
PaulIdu:

You are clearly a member of this fraud syndicate ..so went on to create a Nigerian version of Mavrodi scam so you can steal from Nigerians ..shei u reside in south Africa
Watch it! Have you even tried to get into the system? undecided It's well loaded with people wise enough to make hay while the sun shine instead of unnecessary drama

7 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Goyim: 1:37am On Sep 01, 2016
I was asked to come a job interview and also dress smart while coming.
Had to travel and leave my state to go there. I was very exited and prepared.
When i got there a young fellow told me to pay 180k to join one MMM scheme like that.
Tears rolled freely from my eyes when i heard the amount.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by ojotobiloba1: 3:26am On Sep 01, 2016
It is so so so so real, I got moi alert yesterday

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Idrismusty97(m): 4:10am On Sep 01, 2016
30%! It seems too good to be real. But it is real as i have confirmed from many friends who did it early, But this isn't a scheme that will last long. I pity the late arrivals...They will suffer most. I mean where the fvck did they get the 30% from, Thin air? If you still really want to try it then you better hurry, As for me i will pass. This isn't real investment, It is blind risks.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Nobody: 6:16am On Sep 01, 2016
ochuski:

Read d post.. Dey dint outrightly say its fraud n dey dont pay people. . What dey said is dat d activities of MMM are conspicuous because dey are not dully registered and should incase your money get missing in d future, u are to blame.

Yes of course, the fraud is real. Read about their scam in Russia and what was the end of those who rejected the warning

6 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by finalboss(m): 6:54am On Sep 01, 2016
i know dat things is a fraud... duped my fwend 20k .
stupid people still doing it mtcheew

3 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by winkmart: 6:55am On Sep 01, 2016
they are pained because banks are complaining. A scheme that is changing people's lives. What has the Government done for Nigerians. Anything that doesn't favour the Elite is considered wrong in this country.

Read more about MMM here www.wenogetjob.com

5 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by aminho(m): 6:58am On Sep 01, 2016
Joel3:
mmm is not a business organization or cooperate investment platform and therefore cannot be registered under any government monitory or tax laws.

mmm is a social organizations base under the platform of social help or donation. people help each other. and I think they made it clear that it's not an investment platform.

there is nothing like scam there the only thing there is that it will definitely crushed. it's not a business but circular donations. the ponzi schemes is investment platform. although the similarity is the same.

as long as there are new people joining and helping each other the thing will keep going round. the sad part is that it will cut down business activity in the country to some certain %. as people putting their money in the scheme.

how its going to crashed? when people stop joining or stop putting their money. then their will be less donor who want to help and high receiver who want help. then it will crashed.

oga take it or leave it i lost 500k naira on mmm its a fraud

11 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by helovesme(f): 6:58am On Sep 01, 2016
So after the whole nospectro fiasco. People are still falling for these Ponzi schemes/scams? undecided

6 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by aminho(m): 7:00am On Sep 01, 2016
MMM is a fraud i lost 500k naira and a friend if mine lost 3mil dont fall for it

14 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by helovesme(f): 7:00am On Sep 01, 2016
Do people still remember the other very popular Ponzi scheme/scam "SEFTEG"?

I'm utterly shocked to find out that people are still falling for these scams.

6 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by jackson44(m): 7:01am On Sep 01, 2016
[quote author=mckoolcharming post=48968958]

MMM IS NOT a Ponzi Scheme, cos in a Ponzi scheme, old members don't put back their money.

IN MMM, BOTH OLD AND NEW MEMBERS CONTINUOUSLY PUT IN MONEY BEFORE THEY CAN BE HELPED SUBSEQUENTLY.

I was actually waiting to see this. Not surprised!
SEC will not stop a bank from
1. Taking N65 from my account after ATM use
2. Illicit withdrawal from my accounts
3. killing depositors with high interest rate

BUT
will tell Nigerians their concerns when Nigerians are happy with a system.

Am happy, this shows that MMM is truly working. I want to make it clear here that in my view our conventional banking system is also a Ponzi scheme... Oh yes. Why Not? They take from our large pool of deposits to grant loans and in the end give us peanuts as interest but when we are the ones paying interest we pay through our nose.

If banks are not operating a ponzi scheme, what happens when all depositors assemble to withdraw our cash. they will tell u ,they have a network problem.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Nwereonye(m): 7:01am On Sep 01, 2016
The best still remains Tine God Networks Ltd. Our head office is here in Ajao Estate.
Check my signature for details.
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by engrshakespeare: 7:02am On Sep 01, 2016
mckoolcharming:

If only they will admit that banks are ponzi scheme, then I will agree that MMM is a ponzi scheme.

1. MMM is not an Investment program. We are helping ourselves to be financially free. The government has failed us and we have decided to help ourselves

2. MMM does not collect our money. We pay directly to other people's account.

3. MMM is not a company, as such, there is no point registering with SEC.

4. Is there any law in this country forbidding us to help our brother? If there is, then you can shut us down

5. If the government begins to gives us 24hours electricity, pay a minimum wage of NGN200,000 per month, employs everyone that is unemployed, then we can consider leaving MMM

Fraudster spotted

10 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by onatisi(m): 7:02am On Sep 01, 2016
Nigerians no dey learn from history
They have forgotten the cases of "magic banks" pennywise " " networks" in 2006

12 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Xview(f): 7:03am On Sep 01, 2016
ochuski:

Read d post.. Dey dint outrightly say its fraud n dey dont pay people. . What dey said is dat d activities of MMM are conspicuous because dey are not dully registered and should incase your money get missing in d future, u are to blame.
Reading and comprehending, nice one. Is just a shear warning to entire public of the impending risk

2 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by d4guy: 7:03am On Sep 01, 2016
Joel3:
this is how it works..

if you help someone. that amount let say N50k. this 50k will enters your mavro account. and it grows at 30% a month. at the end of 30days it will be N70k. so if you request for help. someone will help you with the N70 cash out. the person that help you with 70k another person will help that one at 30days. then u too can help another again and again just like that.
Where is the extra 20k coming from ? Are you helping with interest ? Or ur money just grows miraculously?

12 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:03am On Sep 01, 2016
Just look at!.... It's not the first 100,00-1,000,000 people that will suffer..... It's simple logic.. Continue paying them so they preach it and make noise about it until we get to a certain amount of people and close shop...

This thing has been done over and over and over again.. .but some people won't learn.. ..lazy Nigerians everywhere.....

You go just put money siddon dey wait 30% RIO every month?!.... Stinks to high heavens!!

13 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:04am On Sep 01, 2016
onatisi:

Gbam!!

4 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 7:05am On Sep 01, 2016
tuniski:

Wake up it is a fraud! They collect other People's cash to pay those who are older with them, immediately new mugu are not joining they will collapse!

Isn't that what banks are doing? Is there any greater business scam in Nigeria other than the cost of running a nation (as a business venture) and banks?
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by helovesme(f): 7:06am On Sep 01, 2016
onatisi:

Honestly. I'm shocked.

Now that SEC has issued an official notice/warning, this MMM scheme is going down very soon.

Messages will have been sent to banks/EFCC to locate all their accounts and freeze them.

8 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:07am On Sep 01, 2016
winkmart:
they are pained because banks are complaining. A scheme that is changing people's lives. What has the Government done for Nigerians. Anything that doesn't favour the Elite is considered wrong in this country.

Read more about MMM here www.wenogetjob.com

How dare you compare MMM to a banking system?..... Are you that Dull? undecided....

17 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by dayleke: 7:07am On Sep 01, 2016
Chai!!!!!
The dog that will get lost will not hear the hunter's whistle,na so dem talk o......

Aja ti yoo ba sonu,ko ni gbo fere olode, O ma se o.....

4 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Topestbilly(m): 7:07am On Sep 01, 2016
undecided
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by samexycool(m): 7:07am On Sep 01, 2016
i tell people to enjoy while it last
>>Check out what happen on uniuyo SUG inauguration day
http://uniuyoupdates.com/uniuyo-sug-inauguration-ceremony-reports-2016/

>>Meet the newly appointed uniuyo registrar
http://uniuyoupdates.com/uniuyo-appoints-new-registrar/

>> Massive recruitment for teaching staff in uniuyo, do you have anyone looking for lecturing job - here is the link
http://uniuyoupdates.com/uniuyo-2016-recruitment-teaching-staff/

>>Wanna know when uniuyo admission list is out
http://uniuyoupdates.com/uniuyo-20162017-admission-list/

Uniuyo Updates need Financial Support.

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by engrshakespeare: 7:07am On Sep 01, 2016
Joel3:
this is how it works..

if you help someone. that amount let say N50k. this 50k will enters your mavro account. and it grows at 30% a month. at the end of 30days it will be N70k. so if you request for help. someone will help you with the N70 cash out. the person that help you with 70k another person will help that one at 30days. then u too can help another again and again just like that.

Fraudster spotted, you sound like a GNLD member. Spewing trash. You always here them saying they are helping others while stealing from u.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Quick personal loans for salary earners / Investdata Market Updates For Investors And Traders Forum / EFCC Responds To User Who Called Them Out Over MMM Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.