Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud - Investment (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud (87844 Views)

‎Avoid Ponzi Schemes! SEC Warns Nigerians / MMM Participants Celebrate The Return Of MMM Nigeria (Videos) / CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by PaulIdu: 8:43am On Sep 01, 2016
mykel25:

No one is forcing you to leave....i can see you are fully convinced by it....- have done extensive research on it aand I saw a chance for it to be the biggest scam in social media....it ll get to a point they will match you with a personal account (acct of MMM organisers) that you should give the money to....remember it is termed HELP....so in court of law they cud use their terms n condition to win you, thinking deep you should ask yourself where ll they make the 30% interest given to you....surely some people ll be at d receiving end.....My thought tho!

I am telling you this is the perfect social media heist ..they have even covered their self legally by stating it's not an investment but just help..I wish I was even part of the founder. .this na better cleanout

2 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by aminho(m): 8:44am On Sep 01, 2016
Mrakthedream:

Lol..which country is this?...I thought you are a Nigerian?...Nigerian Money is in NGN not CYN...I am still waiting for the real proof bro..not this fake screenshot..pls try harder...
Note:..It is "provide Help"....not "I want to provide help"...
I am stilll waiting for the real screenshot of your account not this fake rubbish.
i am in china for Christ sake just try and login you will see
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by ubyways(m): 8:44am On Sep 01, 2016
mckoolcharming:

If only they will admit that banks are ponzi scheme, then I will agree that MMM is a ponzi scheme.

1. MMM is not an Investment program. We are helping ourselves to be financially free. The government has failed us and we have decided to help ourselves

2. MMM does not collect our money. We pay directly to other people's account.

3. MMM is not a company, as such, there is no point registering with SEC.

4. Is there any law in this country forbidding us to help our brother? If there is, then you can shut us down

5. If the government begins to gives us 24hours electricity, pay a minimum wage of NGN200,000 per month, employs everyone that is unemployed, then we can consider leaving MMM
God bless, u just nailed it. Nigerian government, media and financial institution are all out to frustrate the good intention of mmm scheme. mmm is force that can not be stop. they have failed to provide basic needs for the masses but they are quick to propagate falsehood against the scheme. we the participants are not complaining, everyday life is a risk and we have decided to take the risk. Nigerian leaders are the biggest scam so they should go to hell.
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by mekybabe1: 8:44am On Sep 01, 2016
If you were near me, I would have given you a bear hug. You have said it all. Only two days ago, I provided help of N200,000 and by today I will receive help of N291,000 including my ref bonus. Abeg, which bank for Nigeria fit give me this kin interest even for ten years?N65 is removed from my atm usage (fidelity bank), each time I use another bank's atm instead of after three times and SEC is not addressing the issue. Abeggi, let them go and die. MMM rocks! Thank you Mavro! quote author=mckoolcharming post=48968958]

MMM IS NOT a Ponzi Scheme, cos in a Ponzi scheme, old members don't put back their money.

IN MMM, BOTH OLD AND NEW MEMBERS CONTINUOUSLY PUT IN MONEY BEFORE THEY CAN BE HELPED SUBSEQUENTLY.

I was actually waiting to see this. Not surprised!
SEC will not stop a bank from
1. Taking N65 from my account after ATM use
2. Illicit withdrawal from my accounts
3. killing depositors with high interest rate

BUT
will tell Nigerians their concerns when Nigerians are happy with a system.

Am happy, this shows that MMM is truly working. I want to make it clear here that in my view our conventional banking system is also a Ponzi scheme... Oh yes. Why Not? They take from our large pool of deposits to grant loans and in the end give us peanuts as interest but when we are the ones paying interest we pay through our nose.

If banks are not operating a ponzi scheme, what happens when all depositors assemble to withdraw our cash.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Bizibi(m): 8:45am On Sep 01, 2016
egopersonified:
scam or no scam, when you see so many people running to a particular investment, collect your cash and exit that investment, it is only a matter of time before it crumbles. Example; where are all the profit and capital from bank shares almost all Nigerians bought years back?
my shares at zenith crashed down to 10k,from hundreds of thousand.....no real avenue to put any incoming cash now,mmm might be an avenue to make short term......

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by dagok(f): 8:46am On Sep 01, 2016
So far so good what benefit has the fellow Nigerians gotten from the government?? What MMM has done to the life of Nigerians, The government haven't done that for years..... It is our Money, MMM clearly stated their Risks, we accept.. We weren't forced to join. Leave it for us its not Scam.... Infact our leaders are the Scammers cause we vote for them yet we the masses suffer while they keep embezzling our funds...

3 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Ranchhoddas: 8:46am On Sep 01, 2016
ILIDEFI:

Your people are quick to call out banks. We all know banks generate funds from interest on loans, various bank charges, forex trades, sales of shares etc, and yet no bank can pay you up to 10% per annum currently, yet you believe that a system that has no means of generating money can be paying EVERYBODY 30% per month. You guys are funny.

Let me show you how unsustainable your investment programme is.

For all the people that will give help in a month to get help the following month, there has to be an increase in the total amount of help that will be given in the next month of at least 30%. It means that if the total help given in August is 1 billion naira, by September, there must be at least 1.3 billion naira help given for all the August helpers to get paid. By October, it will be 1.69bn. It will keep increasing like this until the total amount gets to multiples of billion. You will agree with me that a time will come when there won't be any further increase in the amount of help to be given. By that time, the system has plateaued. What will happen to the last set of investors?

If the total help given this month is 1 billion, by next month, it must be 1.3 billion for those of this month to be paid up. By the following month, it must be 1.69 billion. It keeps compounding and after 24 months, it will become 542 billion.
In 36 months, that 1 billion becomes 12.6 trillion.
In 48 months, 294 trillion.
In 60 months, 6.8 quadrillion.

Now tell me, does this look to you like a programme that can be sustained?

Leave the guy. Fly wey no hear word go follow deadbody enter six feet.

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by ochuski(m): 8:46am On Sep 01, 2016
micky2004:
traffic my brother, the same way Facebook, Google, Yahoo, Twitter is making their money from the data you are buying to browse their websites.
Lols

so when u buy 1.5gig for 1k mtn takes 5h n shares d rest to all d sites u visit
grin grin GUY WHY?
must u comment on wat u dont know?

5 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by hary158: 8:47am On Sep 01, 2016
NwaNimo1:
How does one invest?

MMM is not an investment, not a bank. it is a community of people rendering help to one another

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 01, 2016
bilulu:
has anyone ever heard of Telexfree? there operation is same. I invested 130k on telexfree n weeks later dey folded up n til now am on my own
You know what, mmm is not an investment. Unlike you said you invested 130k and they folded up weeks later in mmm you hold your money with you till you are called which takes like 2weeks or a month and. When you are called you don't pay to mmm they don't have an account, you pay to the person that called you for help and you confirm with your mmm account simple. Money moves from your bank to my bank and not to any organisation to keep.

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by nonjebose(m): 8:49am On Sep 01, 2016
[quote author=priceaction post=48973534]My question still remain like this: what happened is the last person that got helped with 30% increment did not come back or increase his/her re investment or refuse to help the next person or refuse to bring in new person? Please you mmm agents must answer this ooo.

Where will the new 30% come from for the new guys looking for help? What will happen after 30days that the person requesting for help couldn't get it after helping someone, and the last person helped refuse to pay? Answer us ooo with meaningful reply not new members will join and bring money blala blala since you claimed there is no central account to bail you out or get deposited or withdrawal from. I need answer now now....
All I have been seen are referral links upaandan. So I need clarifications. Even if it works in some other countries, we know how Nigerians are active in scamming. So waiting for answer

Even ajo, or esusu, people dey run away with people money. One of our secretaries told me about the mmm. She put 20k and she has received 26k or so within 40days. Now they are compelling her to put 90k to get may be 120k, so she want make I help raise the money so we can share the profits. I laugh at her. [/quote)
When the coordinators or whatever name they go by notice a lull in this help scheme, they will send some accounts to you that require help. The moment a large number of people pay, they cash and the schemes closes

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by mekybabe1: 8:49am On Sep 01, 2016
Make una dey there dey talk while others are making bastard money from it. Fear of the unknown is what makes us lazy. Everyone who is successful today took risks that lazy people like you are afraid to take. Do you know how much I have made from MMM? I have bought plots of land in Ibeju Lekki from it and I'm about to buy a car next from proceeds of MMM. Pls stop pretending and come and join us joor. MMM rocks.
PaulIdu:

I am telling you this is the perfect social media heist ..they have even covered their self legally by stating it's not an investment but just help..I wish I was even part of the founder. .this na better cleanout

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by mikoy1(m): 8:49am On Sep 01, 2016
niggi4life:
you are still speaking chinese, simple question, how does MMM make their own profit since they don't accept those money, rather people send this money to each other?

MMM makes their money through site traffic, the more u visit the site the more they make their money, so you see they don't have access to your money more so they don't have any central account your money remains in your pocket until you ph to someone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 01, 2016
Sec itself Na fraud... They can't even handle people's shares. Bastards

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by getgeorgio: 8:52am On Sep 01, 2016
mckoolcharming:

http://m.punchng.com/online-fraudsters-hit-capital-market-sec-warns/

SEC should just close their mouth and face their responsibility which they have failed woefully at. Which scam is bigger than the Nigerian Capital Market where SEC is supposed to be supervising? They look the other way when as public companies defraud innocent Nigerians of their hard earned savings in the guise of selling shares. SEC has never warned neither the companies nor the investing public.

MMM is real!!!! However, investors should be cautious when providing help.

The CAUTION is also on the MMM website

2 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by grandstar(m): 8:52am On Sep 01, 2016
mckoolcharming:
as I dey post I just received my pay for
MMM...... mmm is for real I swear tongue

It's still a scam! Ponzi programs always crash!

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Mrakthedream(m): 8:53am On Sep 01, 2016
aminho:
i am in china for Christ sake just try and login you will see
Well,this news is for Nigerians living in Nigeria and not in China...
I don't kno what you have there..but,MMM nigeria is different and I haven't had any regret since I have been with them.....Remember,no central account..so how can they run away with my money?
I call people people I pay them...
They even call me before I get paid...so can MMM run away with my money?...lol

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by volterra(m): 8:54am On Sep 01, 2016
NwaNimo1:
How does one invest?

U cn reach me thru darman4488@yahoo.com for more info and guide on how to maximise ur interest. Don't let anybody convince u otherwise, MMM works.

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by PaulIdu: 8:54am On Sep 01, 2016
mekybabe1:
Make una dey there dey talk while others are making bastard money from it. Fear of the unknown is what makes us lazy. Everyone who is successful today took risks that lazy people like you are afraid to take. Do you know how much I have made from MMM? I have bought plots of land in Ibeju Lekki from it and I'm about to buy a car next from proceeds of MMM. Pls stop pretending and come and join us joor. MMM rocks.

Oga don't worry I am not a follow follow person ..the only way I want to be part of MMM is to be among the creators and founders so I can use Ur money . All this 1 million unable dey call stopped moving before I turned 25 years ..infact I dey drink am all when youthfulness had the better part me
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by mabea: 8:57am On Sep 01, 2016
Men just when I was about to invest. SEC you people better mind yourselves Wonder bank calls to mind

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Peezie07(m): 8:58am On Sep 01, 2016
Joel3:
this is how it works..

if you help someone. that amount let say N50k. this 50k will enters your mavro account. and it grows at 30% a month. at the end of 30days it will be N70k. so if you request for help. someone will help you with the N70 cash out. the person that help you with 70k another person will help that one at 30days. then u too can help another again and again just like that.
So what happens if for instance I decide to pull the plug after requesting for lets say 100k and got paid?

3 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by slimikenna(m): 8:58am On Sep 01, 2016
Anybody that compared MMM with a commercial bank should ask for a refund from all schools attended.

6 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 01, 2016
tuniski:

That is not what banks are doing from regulation to substance of biz. Ponzi is a scheme that simply takes money from new comers to pay existing customers while the owners too take Their share. It has no business or investment just collect and share. When new comers drop or should old comers suddenly want their exit in numbers, the whole scheme will collapse! Bank collect deposits and give out loans to businesses in a regulated manner.
grin oga what happens when people decide to withdraw their money from banks in numbers? Even first bank will fold if that happens.
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Godtaye: 9:00am On Sep 01, 2016
Haters sha.... I just joined this month and due to this post I requested for my money and I was paired instantly
Where the scam now

2 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by micky2004: 9:01am On Sep 01, 2016
If MMM is a Scam,then I like the way they scammed people because it is really changing ordinary Nigerians lives like me,in fact,I would prefer to be scam by MMM than these yeye Government that promised me Change that I'm yet to see.Government that doesn't care whether I die of hunger or not is now suddenly concern about the risk I take with my money wey no even Concern them in the first place,who is fooling who?be wise fellow Nigerians the truth of the matter is that some powers that be are feeling threatened by the growing popularity of MMM and they know it will affect their businesses in which they have interest so they are trying to create fear in people's mind so that the popularity of MMM will reduced. Long Live MMM.

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Nature129(m): 9:01am On Sep 01, 2016
PaulIdu:

Its clearly a Ponzi scheme. .they will pay early subscribers like you so you create publicity like you have just done and attract more people before the Ponzi paper pyramid collapses .

Do not say what you have no clue how it works. MMM do not have access to our money; we merely help one another. Mr Tunde pays Alhaji Ali and informs that Alhaji Ali has been paid on the website. The cycle keeps going on and on without any of the participants depositing into a central account.

My only fear is that the Adkins of the system, if not properly checked, could manipulate the system in their favour and defraud unsuspecting donors.

But as for the system, it was a well-thought out concept. The scheme is well perfected. Anyone who understands MMM should know that they pay participants absolutely nothing while they generate millions of traffic around the world.

I understand that MMM has worked perfectly in many countries so I don't know why SEC is raising necessary alarm because it will demoralize new donors. But then, our government has failed us in all areas of our national life, so why should we take them seriously anyways?

People have made millions,bought cars, built houses, etc from MMM. These guys should allow me buy my own car and build my own house from the system before raising unrealistic alarms, biko!!!!

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by broswilli: 9:02am On Sep 01, 2016
MMM is a scam read about the founders past Ponzi's scheme from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Mavrodi.

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by southernbelle(f): 9:03am On Sep 01, 2016
cekhoe:
Someone from nl told me about it yesterday, I just immediately asked him to go and ask about "plan well",he was forming that he has not heard of plan well,I just laughed and told him I wasn't interested
smiley
my mom told me about planwell too, how many people sold their properties to be part of it and when the whole thing crashed, some died from heart attacks and some even committed suicide because they could never recover again.

4 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 01, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:
Some people are not smart.
When you send money as help to someone, what if you didn't get help from anyone.

With this news people Will stop paying people, due scepticism.
The reason no one is asking that question is because they know the answer. When you don't get help from the person you are assigned to the person gets blocked from mmm and you will be reassigned to another person.
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:04am On Sep 01, 2016
PaulIdu:

Nice clean Hiest ,I wish I was part of them. .from my calculation when the a through with scam they would have made over 20 million dollars from gullible Nigerians

if not more than sef grin

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by lordy(m): 9:04am On Sep 01, 2016
No need for the quarrels and exchange of words over whether MMM is a scam or not.

SEC, as an organ of government has done its part. It's actually very difficult to tell a child not to finish up a bottle of 35cl coca-cola he or she has tasted. It is sweet, the feeling is beautiful...until the purging starts.

What SEC has done is what an experienced mum will do for her 4-year old whose hell-bent on finishing the content of the big Coke bottle at one sitting.

Many MMM proponents argue that MMM model is just like our bank model, but forget that, unlike banks where deposits are insured by NDIC, you're 'OYO' in your dealings with MMM.

I'm not into the MMM-ish. I made lots of money from similar programs in the past, but I've also lost the confidence of many who I introduced to these programs with good intentions when the programs crashed. From Club Freedom, to Diamond Cash Club to recently Vemma, I've seen lots of them. So, I'm wiser.

As a former editor at SuccesDigest newspaper, I've seen many of these programs come and go with tales of woes trailing them, even those that had products to sell, how much more MMM that has no product to sell.

Have you ever asked yourself what the operators of MMM stand to benefit from all these? Ask yourself how the operators make their own gain to keep operations going? If the search for the answer to these questions does not shock you back to reality, nothing will.

Google is your friend. Do your due diligence on MMM. Check their antecedents in other countries before landing in Nigeria at a time when Nigerians are most vulnerable to programs like this.

In a nutshell, whatever you do with MMM is your business. People were also warned about wonder banks in the past, but they wouldn't listen until it was too late.

My only advice for the die-hard MMM participants is 'trade with money you can afford to lose.'

There is no shortcut to success. You have been warned!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by mployer(m): 9:05am On Sep 01, 2016
PaulIdu:

Mr man what are you guys creating wealth from? It's a textbook example of a Ponzi scheme and a weak one at that..have you heard about the perpetual motion machine concept ? That's what this is ..a gathering of very dull people who are desperate to create wealth from doing absolutely nothing till they get scammed

I love That your perpetual motion machine analogy wink

People are Just dumb.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Investdata Market Updates For Investors And Traders Forum / Quick personal loans for salary earners / EFCC Responds To User Who Called Them Out Over MMM Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.