Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Help!the Sound From My Laptop Is Distorted. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help!the Sound From My Laptop Is Distorted. (9518 Views)

Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? / Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging! / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!the Sound From My Laptop Is Distorted. by ogagusps3: 2:29pm On Oct 03, 2009
I can't listen to music with it nor can I watch youtube videos or watch movies on it. PLEASE HELP!!!! cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Help!the Sound From My Laptop Is Distorted. by ogagusps3: 2:39pm On Oct 03, 2009
this is what it sounds like

Re: Help!the Sound From My Laptop Is Distorted. by deji2009(m): 4:30pm On Oct 03, 2009
I can't listen to music with it nor can I watch youtube videos or watch movies on it. PLEASE HELP!!!!

is it distorted when playing CD or DVD. when does the problem start ? have you install any software recently ?

First and most I"ll like to thank you for attaching what it sound like. a round overplaud to you. ok, the only you miss out is

to tell us Make and model of computer XP or Vista. ok not to worry I"ll go for XP due to it's popularity

One of the common reason why your sound may be distorted is do with a sound drivers software called AC 97 audio or High

def conexant. AC 97 audio or High def conexant. those are like a car that wont start up properly and then what you

do next is to use a jumper to make it start. so in other word the software is there but is sluggish so we need to wake it up

That just the basics. sice am not sure whether is XP or vista

Click Start, My Computer, view system information, Hardware and then Device manager look for sound video and game

controller make is got no ? mark if it does doublec click on it and tell us what the error code is if it hasnt simply right click and

each of the items underneath and uninstall it click ok secondly do the same for your display adaptor. after that restart your computer for changes to take effect. if problem persist which is unlikley

Then click start Run> DXDIAG press Enter then look for the sound tab if is XP should you option to test the sound if is Vista there should be a square box saying no problem found. Good luck

I"ll take it you can play youtube video but the sound is distorted, have you install flash player ? and also are you using Internet Explore 7, 8 or Firefox. Good luck
Re: Help!the Sound From My Laptop Is Distorted. by deji2009(m): 4:33pm On Oct 03, 2009
is is what it sounds like

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
som.wma
som.wma (110.09 KB - downloaded )

You"re one of the best computer user's have ever come across on nairaland. I have my reasons if more user's can provide us as much infor just like you did above then it will make things easier for the tecs. Good luck, Deji Sunday
Re: Help!the Sound From My Laptop Is Distorted. by 4llerbe(m): 9:57am On Oct 04, 2009
Did u install external codec packs or audio mgt wares? Does normal sound work n its just embedded flash sound dts messed up?

Start wit dxdiag n test sound. If its ok then hardware is ok, default windows sound is ok.

If its embedded flash sound in webpages, uninstall n reinstall java n flash player. Gud idea 2 also reinstall d browser if other than I.E.

If not above, uninstall codec pack n mgt ware.

If not plug in fones n listen cos it could be speakers.

Feed back. Start with dxdiag n eliminate 1 after d other.
Re: Help!the Sound From My Laptop Is Distorted. by 4llerbe(m): 9:58am On Oct 04, 2009
Did u install external codec packs or audio mgt wares? Does normal sound work n its just embedded flash sound dts messed up?

Start wit dxdiag n test sound. If its ok then hardware is ok, default windows sound is ok.

If its embedded flash sound in webpages, uninstall n reinstall java n flash player. Gud idea 2 also reinstall d browser if other than I.E.

If not above, uninstall codec pack n mgt ware.

If not plug in fones n listen cos it could be speakers.

Feed back. Start with dxdiag n eliminate 1 after d other.
Re: Help!the Sound From My Laptop Is Distorted. by joys24: 10:40pm On Oct 12, 2009
go 2 laptop model website and d sound driver. 08054114773

(1) (Reply)

419ers Take Over Facebook / Swiftband Gives You Unlimited Internet With Swift 4G/LTE / How Do You Play Swf On Windows 10?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.