Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

I Didn't Go To The University, Yet I've Succeeded-folorusho Alakija - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Didn't Go To The University, Yet I've Succeeded-folorusho Alakija (586 Views)

Folorunso Alakija As A 7-Year-Old In 1951 With Her Sister (Throwback Photo) / "I Didn't Graduate With 3rd Class" - Tony Elumelu Reacts To Twitter User's Claim / Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Didn't Go To The University, Yet I've Succeeded-folorusho Alakija by doctorbabs(m): 8:39am On Sep 01, 2016
"I DIDN'T GO TO THE UNIVERSITY, YET I'VE SUCCEEDED"
~ Chief Folorunsho Alakija, supposed Africa's richest woman, addressing young, impressionable university kids.
Re: I Didn't Go To The University, Yet I've Succeeded-folorusho Alakija by doctorbabs(m): 8:40am On Sep 01, 2016
MY TAKE:
Wrong impression, madam. And not a very conscise or honest representation of your story.

Yes, you do not have a university degree but you also failed to let the kids know you were for a very long time, one of the zillions of pedestrian fashion designers (i.e. tailors) littering the Nigerian landscape. I remember your shop, Rose of Sharon, on Adeniran Ogunsanya Drive in Surulere, Lagos. That is, until your chance meeting with former President Ibrahim Babangida (some say it was a neatly-arranged but discreet 'social' meeting) who, after being very impressed with your 'work', showed you his deepest appreciation by corruptly 'dashing' you a couple of very nice OPLs (commonly referred to as oil blocs).

With a daily return of a million dollars from each of the oil blocs (we hear they are actually 3, 2 of which President Olusegun Obasanjo attempted to take back for the Nigerian state when he came on stream because, according to records, the oil blocs were improperly given out, a matter for which you took the Nigerian state to court and somehow got 'justice') - with a cool one million dollars DAILY each from 3 oil blocs, (that's almost half a billion naira daily and N15billion monthly!) any slowpoke would become stupendously wealthy.

But how many imbeciles get to have a chance meeting with an obscenely corrupt President of an oil-rich state whose payment in return for very personal services was gifting away the national commonwealth?

Do not mislead our kids, madam. Your story is not an everyday kind of thing. There are tens of millions toiling away in abject poverty across the land because they were unfortunate enough to lack university education.

Agreed, education doesn't guarantee a life of riches, and lack of it doesn't mean you'll live in penury. But no one can or should diminish the importance of a solid education in the moulding of a complete human being - least of all people like you who use the commonwealth of the people to give their own offsprings the very best education the world can give.

FINAL THOUGHT.
These nonentities who live big and grow fat on what should otherwise be the commonwealth of all citizens should just keep quiet and enjoy their loot in obscurity, instead of running their mouths and misleading young, impressionable kids with their distorted stories. Front page MOD

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Go To The University, Yet I've Succeeded-folorusho Alakija by Swissheart(f): 9:02am On Sep 01, 2016
Hmmmn....

(1) (Reply)

Finance/ Business Ideas / I Create Eye Catching Banners,flyers, Logos, Ebook Covers And Business Cards / Can Someone Make It Legally In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.