Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,536 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

Two Years To Thirty(short Story) - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Two Years To Thirty(short Story) (172144 Views)

It Took Me Three Years To Publish My Debut Novel — Yejide Kilanko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by agogoeyo3: 6:58am On Sep 17, 2016
nice one, more please
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 17, 2016
Nice one, keep it coming.
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by jecigold(f): 9:42am On Sep 17, 2016
it's a lovely story more ink to your pen
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by CaraJewel(f): 10:22am On Sep 17, 2016
Plz more..am expecting d end cuz tz a short story as u xaid
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Angelsss(f): 12:04pm On Sep 17, 2016
Sorry for the delay...was so busy the week before....

yes I said it's a short story...but I wouldn't rush to the point I destroy the plot....

it's a short story my angels...and it would end next week....depending on the way your spur me on...

remember, comments are my drug!

have a beautiful weekend

2 Likes

Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Angelsss(f): 12:07pm On Sep 17, 2016
So we'll do it like "Songs of love"

one long update on Sunday....then I go on two days break and return wif the complete story
agreed?

2 Likes

Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Olabantu(m): 12:11pm On Sep 17, 2016
Angelsss:
one long update on Sunday....then I go on two days break and return wif the complete story
agreed?
Alright but let the update long enuf so we can keep reading for the two days break

1 Like

Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by CaraJewel(f): 12:48pm On Sep 17, 2016
Angelsss:

agreed?
deal
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by rachealfst(f): 1:15pm On Sep 17, 2016
Thanks for the update, have a nice weekend.
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by bummybummy(f): 1:22pm On Sep 17, 2016
Angelsss:

agreed?
Agreed
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by kemitola2001(f): 1:25pm On Sep 17, 2016
i wish it wasnt a short story. i love suspense! nice write up.
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by mainaugustine(m): 2:42pm On Sep 17, 2016
Agreed
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Amnik: 5:55pm On Sep 17, 2016
pls do just dat. we will b expecting it ma'am
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by bossy512(f): 7:01pm On Sep 17, 2016
Always on point, thanks. more wisdom, blessing and long life. we are expecting more. God bless you sister
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Nobody: 5:49am On Sep 18, 2016
Good work
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Agromuda(m): 6:38am On Sep 18, 2016
It's owkay bahun!!!
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by edimahgurl(f): 12:07pm On Sep 18, 2016
Boo boo 2day is sunday cheesy grin
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by nikz(f): 2:31pm On Sep 18, 2016
Chei Ima y now? Meanwhile waiting patiently for update Angelss God bless ur brain jare
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by chomcee: 6:21pm On Sep 18, 2016
Next episode plsssssss keep it up dear
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Agromuda(m): 6:33pm On Sep 18, 2016
It's weekend ooooooo! Angelsss!!!! Stil xpecting dat loooooooong update oo.

1 Like

Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Gracito(f): 9:39pm On Sep 18, 2016
Mention me ma'am, really thrilling piece
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by MidasTouche01(m): 10:59pm On Sep 18, 2016
Angelsss left us hanging......

Hope everything is alright sha angry
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Amnik: 9:27am On Sep 19, 2016
hope evrytin is 5n sis angelsss! u didn't fulfil ur promise
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by CaraJewel(f): 10:35am On Sep 19, 2016
Angellss hope ur gud...send our sundae own o before ur break
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Twinkle004(f): 11:33am On Sep 19, 2016
Angelsss:

agreed?
That is a good deal..is a deal
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by horsesailor1(m): 5:34pm On Sep 19, 2016
Hmmmm Angelsss u are at again. You are simply the best may God continue to bless you. Love you.
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Angelsss(f): 2:31am On Sep 20, 2016
‘so what was that about’? Boma finally broke the ice as they waited patiently for the doctor to return with their test results….

‘excuse me’? she wasn’t in the mood for this…

‘you heard me Ife….why do you keep hurting me? When all I do is to love you…can’t you see that I love you? Why do you disrespect me’? he felt very hurt by her action towards his mother …

‘Boma…I don’t remember plunging a knife deep down your throat…so stop beating around the bush, stop speaking in parables…’ her mind was far away…was Yinka going to break up with her? He’d sounded very depressed…her heart raced at the thought of a life without him….

Maybe it was time to take his offer…thankfully Moji had just showed up right on time…she had no intention of staying one more day in that crazy house….

She would go and spend some time with her baby….a few days tops wouldn’t hurt…she just had to stay far away from her toxic mother-in-law….

‘I only tolerate your nonsense because you are my wife and I love you….you are so rude and full of yourself …you’ve insulted my mother enough….you must apologize to her once we get back…have you heard me’? he fumed….

‘apologize? I only do that when I’ve done something wrong….i told you earlier to send that woman away, look how we’re exchanging words because of her…it is not too late….you can send her away today…I assure you of this one thing my darling husband, once she is gone, I’ll give you every rightful thing you deserve. Trust me….’ She winked and touched his cheek…

‘you think starving me sexually Is funny right? So you deliberately do this? You are a very sick woman Ifeoluwa….very sick…’ he hissed and pushed her hand away….

‘well we’re in the hospital, maybe you should get me some drugs…’ she chuckled softly and relaxed on the chair but soon sat upright as the doctor walked into the office….

‘Goodmorning Sir…and Mrs Boma’ the doctor’s face was grim…neutral, you couldn’t read his expression….

‘morning Dr Aliyu’ Boma pressed his hands nervously on the table….he hoped nothing had gone wrong during the test…

‘how long have you two been married’? the Doctor watched the couple before him, only a fool wouldn’t know there was serious tension between them….

‘six years….’ Boma replied….

‘five’ Ife rolled her eyes…he was such a dummy…

‘five years or six years? Well….from the test results, there is a problem….but it can be solved with the appropriate medication, exercise and good food….’ The doctor spoke as he went through the files….

‘a problem’? Ife arched her brow…and what could that be? She wondered….

‘Mr Boma…… from these results, you have sperm production problems….’ He raised the paper up….

‘Doctor I don’t quite understand you…..’ Boma was shocked to his marrow…

‘male infertility is usually caused by problems that affect either sperm production or sperm transport. About two thirds of infertile men have a problem with making sperm in the testes. Either low numbers of sperm are made or the sperm that is made do not work properly…’ the doctor explained…

‘please doctor speak in plain language’ Ife feigned being concerned…this was the greatest news she’d heard after Yinka’s success at Olive Groves….it meant one thing, she would never have a child for Boma…and that would make her plan easier…

‘all I am saying is that your husband as a fifty-fifty chance of getting a woman pregnant…it would take a miracle to be honest……but there is hope…keep trying…or we could do in vitro fertilization using the sperm of a donor, which should be a relative…’ the doctor opened up other options….

‘thank you doctor….’ Boma forced a smile and walked out without waiting for Ife….it was like the whole world had come crashing on him…did it mean he wasn’t ever going to be a father?...his life would be so miserable…

And Ife? She was going to be frustrated all her life…she would never be a happy woman…he really needed that miracle…

‘I am so sorry Boma…but you heard the doctor…he said we should keep trying…so maybe we would get lucky one day…’ she rubbed his back as they both settled in the car…

‘one day? We should keep trying? You don’t even allow me to touch you…’ he was getting angry….angry at himself for being a failure….angry that Ife always refused him….

‘are you putting the blame on me here’? she shook her head…what had gotten into this man?

‘of course…wait…are you mocking me’? he saw the glint of triumph in her brown eyes and he’d never felt more humiliated….maybe he didn’t see right….

‘just start this car Boma…you’re getting paranoid…first you accused me of being disrespectful to that stupid mother of yours….’ She paused as the words flew from her mouth …

‘how dare you? How dare you call my mother names? You that I picked from the gutter…how could you hurt the woman who bore me’? he was visibly angry….

‘you know what? Am tired of you fighting me because of her…..so I’ll be going to see this friend of mine down town…I’m not coming back home…till you send her away…it is time for the choosing…’ she slammed the door and walked away…

Knowing Boma well, he would come looking for her soon…but she had to make the most of the little time she had…she would go see her baby…

‘just go Ife, let me be….let me wallow in my misery…’ he placed his head on the steering and sobbed….why was life so cruel?

He had all the money in the world, yet he couldn’t have a child…what was his purpose of coming to the earth?

He knew what he just needed, he needed to visit a saloon…he would drown himself in liquor, he always felt better….

‘you’re earlier than I thought you will be….’ Tessy walked in not able to feel her legs…she was surprised to see her aunt in the house…

‘Teni….you looked fatigued…what happened to you’? Chidinma dropped the newspaper and walked closer to where Tessy sat…

‘horse riding…’ she muttered…the lion had put her up for this…now her back hurt like hell…

‘don’t tell me you rode a horse with the lion’? Chidinma chuckled softly…..

‘sure…I knew his tricks…I wouldn’t visit that old man for a long time…’ she stood up and did some stretches…

‘do you know your cousin kept something from us?’ Chidinma was still baffled that her son could do something like that…

‘I don’t understand aunty…’ had she discovered Yinka’s affair with Ife?

‘Olive Groves corporation is third in Africa and fifteenth, worldwide…can you beat that? It was announced yesterday on national television and other media bodies…but Yinka kept such vital information from us….

‘it seems grandfather mentioned something like that…well…what’s important is that we have victory…the Lion suggested we throw a party to celebrate this success…like a part for Olive Groves…to that effect, he would be having a meeting with all branch heads tomorrow…’ Tessy explained calmly…

‘wow that would be awesome don’t you think? Maybe I could Invite Egodiamaka for that…that way I could introduce her to the lion as Yinka’s wife…what do you think’? Chidinma grinned happily…

‘well about that Aunty, I think we should leave Yinka alone…he is an adult…though some of his choices may not go down well with you, you still have to respect him…and you don’t really know much about this Ego girl…so let’s not push it…let him play his games with the lion…when he is ready…he would do the right thing…’ Tessy advised…

‘awww…’ the woman rubbed her head gently….

‘you’re wiser than your age my love….it’s just that, I am eager to have grandchildren…why can’t Yinka just get married? …he’s so stubborn…just like his father…always wanting to do what was suitable for them…maybe you’re right….i think I should leave him alone’ she sighed….

‘I think so too…if you really love Yinka…just let him be…he would find a woman all by himself….’ Tessy was sure of this….but deep down she knew how connected he was to Ife…it was going to be difficult for him to let her go….

‘well, there’s just one last thing I’m going to do….’ Chidinmma picked up her phone…she had to inform Yinka about the dinner she’d fixed with Ego….this was her last game…

‘which is’? Tessy wondered what her aunty was up to…

‘I invited Ego for dinner….’ Without waiting for Tessy’s opinion she dialed Yinka’s number…she didn’t know why she was so convicted about Ego… the girl was an angel….though she didn’t know much about her, but from the little… she was still the perfect wife for her son…

‘hello mother….’Yinka had just returned from a meeting… the lion would be coming to the office the next day…he had to be ready to face the old man…

‘sweetheart…can you come home a bit early tonight?’ she asked sweetly….

‘hmmm what’s happening there mom’? he wondered if anybody was celebrating a birthday….but as he closed his eyes and went over the birthdays of his relatives…he was perplexed by his mother’s request…

‘I just miss you and we had a fight this morning…so it’s a kind of truce dinner…I’ll be preparing your favorite…Egusi and pounded yam…I know you wouldn’t miss this for anything in the world…’ she knew what Yinka liked…

‘Truce dinner? Mom…come off it…tell me what you’re planning exactly….’ He knew when his mother was about causing some mischief…

‘hmmm…okay let me be honest…I bumped into Egodiamaka today and I decided to thank her for saving me that day by inviting her for dinner…I was hoping you could come…it would mean a lot to her…’ the woman had decided to kill every matchmaking skill she had in her….she wanted her so to be happy…

‘Egodiamaka? Okay…it sounds fun…I shall come…but I may come in late…can I bring my friend over? Abayomi Peters?’ he hoped his mother would approve…because he’d to cancel their own date to please his mother…

‘Yomi? Your bestfriend? Is he back from Qatar’? Chidinma was excited….

‘yes mother he is back…’ Yinka replied….

‘then my darling…bring him over….i miss that boy so much…now let me leave you to your work…’

‘okay mum…I love you…’ he cut the call and wondered who’d walked into his office without knocking….

He would go back home in the next few minutes as evening had come earlier than expected….

‘Ife? We should really be careful about this….’ He was surprised to see her…

‘hey calm down okay? I couldn’t help it…you were sounding different on the phone…I really missed you…I just wanna see you…’ she dropped her bag and settled into the chair…

‘Ife, you know I love you so much…but this is dangerous…I’m only scared about your reputation…we shouldn’t take risks like this…’ he shrugged and settled in a chair…

Something troubled her, he could feel it…their hearts spoke to each other…he knew what made her happy and he knew what made her sad…he knew all her flaws…her selfishness, her arrogance, her impatience…but he still loved her…He couldn’t help it…Ife had a special place in his heart…

‘I had a fight with Boma…I don’t wanna go back to the house for now, can I stay with you’? she looked up at him…

‘is that why you’re so sad’? he walked up to her and lifted her face up…even in sorrow …Ife was a flawless beauty….

‘yes…Boma was so angry with me…I cannot go back to the house…’ she sobbed quietly…

‘hey don’t cry…you’re always welcome…but there is a little problem…’ he couldn’t miss out on dinner with mom…

‘I have a date with my mother…she really needs to see me and I have to go…maybe I’ll drop you over at my house …when I am done, I’ll come back home…’ he hoped she liked the suggestion…

‘a date? Okay…I’ll wait for you at your place…just don’t stay too long…’ she wiped her face and smiled at him…

‘I won’t baby…I won’t’ he kissed her on the forehead and left to arrange some files…

‘Dakoko? Who’s there’? Moji wondered who’d walked into the house… Boma’s mother had left for church…Ife and Boma had left since morning and hadn’t returned …

‘whatever…’ she rolled her eyes and focused on the meal she was trying to fix up…

Ife’s mother-in-law wasn’t as monstrous as her sister had made her to be…the woman was actually very nice and friendly ….

When Boma and Ife left, they had discussed over an hour…she even ended up plaiting the woman’s hair…she had always been the friendly type…while her sister was the beautiful one…she didn’t have much of the looks…

She was tall and lanky but people told her she had beautiful eyes….

She didn’t feel comfortable staying with Ife…it was like her sister didn’t want her there…and there seemed to be much tension between Boma and herself…

What was going on? Was Boma abusing her in any way? why had her sister looked so unhappy? She really wished Ife would let her in…

‘Mo…ji’ Boma stuttered as he found his way into the kitchen….

‘good evening sir….’ She almost fainted from shock…what was he doing here? and where was Ife? She hadn’t heard the sound of his car…

He looked very different…he wasn’t himself…

‘Mo…ji…can you bring some water for me in the parlor’? Boma coughed….the liquor had taken over him…

All he could see was a beautiful young woman who danced in rainbows and butterflies flocked round her….

‘okay sir….’ Moji wondered what had gotten into Boma…was he drunk? He couldn’t be…he was far more responsible…

She quickly rinsed a glass and filled it with water and hurried off to the parlor…but he wasn’t there…

‘Sir’? she called a bit louder this time…but she was met with silence….

She walked into the room as the door was ajar and she could hear the sound of someone vomiting…maybe she’d been right…Boma had been drinking…

‘come in here Moji’ he called to her…she didn’t hesitate…she couldn’t allow anything bad to come to Ife’s husband…Boma had done nothing but help them out…

‘here’s the water sir…’ she bent her knee as she offered him some to drink….

‘you’re so beautiful Moji….more beautiful than your useless sister…will you be my wife’? he hiccupped …

‘I don’t understand…’ his eyes were bloodshot and she now had evidence that he was drunk…she turned and was ready to leave when he grabbed her tightly….

‘I have to go…..i put something on fire….’ She struggled to be free from his firm grip…

‘no, you aren’t going anywhere….you’re staying right here with me…’ before she could utter a word… he dragged her roughly and placed her on the bathroom floor…

‘please don’t harm me …please Uncle Boma don’t do this…’ she sobbed…but he wasn’t listening…

‘Shhhh…be quiet…I don’t like noise….’ He placed a finger on her beautiful lips and started handling her breasts…

‘please…don’t hurt me…’ she writhed beneath him, but he was more powerful as he pinned her down and loosened his belt…

‘no!!!!’ she screamed…but the duplex swallowed her scream….

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Angelsss(f): 2:33am On Sep 20, 2016
I take back my words I take back my promises I said it was a short story yes, but I would not rush this story... it has to end perfectly if you cannot follow no problem... when it's completed... you will still have the opportunity to read thanks y'all...

2 Likes

Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Angelsss(f): 2:33am On Sep 20, 2016
I take back my words I take back my promises I said it was a short story yes, but I would not rush this story... it has to end perfectly if you cannot follow no problem... when it's completed... you will still have the opportunity to read thanks y'all...
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Nobody: 3:30am On Sep 20, 2016
First to comment... Lol. Nice one Angelsss. I dey your back like your spine..
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Olabantu(m): 6:53am On Sep 20, 2016
Since you have taken back your words, dat means no more break ooo, continuous update all the way
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by edimahgurl(f): 8:53am On Sep 20, 2016
Angelsss:
I take back my words
I take back my promises
I said it was a short story
yes,
but I would not rush this story...
it has to end perfectly
if you cannot follow
no problem...
when it's completed...
you will still have the opportunity to read
thanks y'all...
baby I hope u aint angry abouh d "short story" stuff I mentiond?am so sorry if av offended u wit my words...u're d writer,take ya time

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (29) (Reply)

The Complete Assassin / Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) / Flow And Snow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.