Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! (2329 Views)

CLEARED & DRY LANDS WITH AN INCREDIBLE VIEW OF THE ATLANTIC OCEAN..INVEST NOW!!! / Architect Turns Old Cement Factory Into His Home / Cement Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by Oldlayez: 5:51am On Sep 02, 2016
I have a building under construction and would be needing cement that runs into thousands of bags and with this new increments, I might have to suspend work on going at the site except the prices of cement comes down soon.....

Whilst, I wouldn't want to suspend work on my site as I have mobilized all artisans and all is ready except for CEMENT cry

Where can I get other brands of cement not dangote or elephant, I mean other brands like ibeto, bua, ashaka or even imported "chinko" cement (I'm serious ) pls help a sister before these artisans chop the money way I don pay dem.

Location is Ojodu berger!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by segebase(m): 6:05am On Sep 02, 2016
go find rebag
Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by ceasare: 5:36pm On Sep 02, 2016
Buy jumbo bag from any of d construction company around ......it would be cheaper
Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by adewaleID: 6:09pm On Sep 02, 2016
Interesting conversation, watching this tread for valuable suggestions. grin
Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by Oldlayez: 7:56pm On Sep 02, 2016
segebase:
go find rebag

What's rebag? Where can I buy it?
Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by Oldlayez: 7:58pm On Sep 02, 2016
ceasare:
Buy jumbo bag from any of d construction company around ......it would be cheaper

Care to elaborate more?
Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by bigboa: 8:07pm On Sep 02, 2016
Hello. I would advise you don't skimp on getting "verified" cement. I say verified because you can trace the bagged cement through their despatch numbers and verify their quality parameters (early strength, later strength, C3S, freelime) in case of any issues during and after application. Getting from other sources is tricky because you can't verify the quality; and you may not see the effect until further down the line. I can tell because I work in a cement factory. Best advice: Take your time, do your project well. The good Lord will grant you long life and good health to enjoy the fruit of your labour.

7 Likes

Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 02, 2016
Buy few bags at the current price first so the men can start work while you keep searching for the cheaper ones

1 Like

Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by twinskenny(m): 8:22pm On Sep 02, 2016
Oldlayez:
I have a building under construction and would be needing cement that runs into thousands of bags and with this new increments, I might have to suspend work on going at the site except the prices of cement comes down soon.....

Whilst, I wouldn't want to suspend work on my site as I have mobilized all artisans and all is ready except for CEMENT cry

Where can I get other brands of cement not dangote or elephant, I mean other brands like ibeto, bua, ashaka or even imported "chinko" cement (I'm serious ) pls help a sister before these artisans chop the money way I don pay dem.

Since you are getting that high number is there a way of getting it cheaper from the factory without going through the distributor?
Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by Oldlayez: 8:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
twinskenny:

Since you are getting that high number is there a way of getting it cheaper from the factory without going through the distributor?

I'm thinking of going to Apapa on Monday toake enquiries about Bua cement. Dangote cement can take a back seat for now

2 Likes

Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by twinskenny(m): 10:14pm On Sep 02, 2016
Oldlayez:

I'm thinking of going to Apapa on Monday toake enquiries about Bua cement. Dangote cement can take a back seat for now

Or elephant cement..i have a friend working at ewekoro we inquire from him too

1 Like

Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by Oldlayez: 4:36am On Sep 03, 2016
twinskenny:

Or elephant cement..i have a friend working at ewekoro we inquire from him too

Ok
Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by ceasare: 8:40am On Sep 03, 2016
Jumbo bag is that big bag u see on julius berger truck carrying more tons of cement at a go.
Visit any construction sites batching plant and ask of there stale bagged cement .its cheaper and of
Gud qlty.
Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by twinskenny(m): 1:12pm On Sep 03, 2016
Oldlayez:

Ok

My friend at ewekero said I should wait a bit.. Said there is not sales after the increase..price still come down

2 Likes

Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by BIGGMAMA: 10:43am On Sep 04, 2016
ceasare:
Jumbo bag is that big bag u see on julius berger truck carrying more tons of cement at a go.
Visit any construction sites batching plant and ask of there stale bagged cement .its cheaper and of
Gud qlty.

Can you help with address?
Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 12:24pm On Sep 04, 2016
twinskenny:

My friend at ewekero said I should wait a bit.. Said there is not sales after the increase..price still come down

pls ehen,inform us asap when the price thus comes down...thats if it will ever come down...this nigeria nothing goes up n come down..law of gravity doesnt work here
Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by Oldlayez: 1:03pm On Sep 04, 2016
twinskenny:

Cool... how come there's only dangote and elephant cement in lagos? What of unicem, bua and ibeto? This is so frustrating
Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by Oldlayez: 1:05pm On Sep 04, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:

pls ehen,inform us asap when the price thus comes down...thats if it will ever come down...this nigeria nothing goes up n come down..law of gravity doesnt work here

Cement price has never been stable. Prices of cement as at 2011 was 1850 and 2016 as at last month was sold for 1400
Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 4:43pm On Sep 04, 2016
Oldlayez:

Cement price has never been stable. Prices of cement as at 2011 was 1850 and 2016 as at last month was sold for 1400

so u mean i should hold on to my project and see what happens after a month?
Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by BIGGMAMA: 4:49pm On Sep 04, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:

I'm seriously thinking of doing that.
Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by BIGGMAMA: 4:51pm On Sep 04, 2016
Oldlayez:

Cool... how come there's only dangote and elephant cement in lagos? What of unicem, bua and ibeto? This is so frustrating

Bua cement is very common at south south and environs. Very cheap and far better than dangote. I'm told there's a depot at Apapa

1 Like

Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by twinskenny(m): 5:17pm On Sep 04, 2016
BIGGMAMA:

Bua cement is very common at south south and environs. Very cheap and far better than dangote. I'm told there's a depot at Apapa

one my client is a director at bua.. unfortunately they can sell to individual

how much do they sell at south south?
Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by twinskenny(m): 5:18pm On Sep 04, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:

lets wait a bit.. hopefully it will come down
Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by Oldlayez: 3:58am On Sep 05, 2016
twinskenny:

one my client is a director at bua.. unfortunately they can sell to individual

how much do they sell at south south?

Whom do they sell to? Is it available in Lagos? Where? This cement matter don tire
Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by Oldlayez: 4:00am On Sep 05, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:

I'm told that cement sold at some places for 2k, it's surely coming down because people are not buying
Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by abike12(f): 6:02pm On Sep 13, 2016
Oldlayez:

Just seeing this. Same location too. I hear dangote is the best for decking. What stage are you on?

1 Like

Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by Oldlayez: 6:08pm On Sep 13, 2016
abike12:

Just seeing this. Same location too. I hear dangote is the best for decking. What stage are you on?

Decking for the duplex but the bq bungalow needs plastering as I type...
Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by abike12(f): 7:07pm On Sep 13, 2016
Oldlayez:

Decking for the duplex but the bq bungalow needs plastering as I type...

Are you buying or planning to wait a bit and see if the price will reduce?
Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by Oldlayez: 7:15pm On Sep 13, 2016
abike12:

Are you buying or planning to wait a bit and see if the price will reduce?

I am going ahead with the project but it's not as fast as I would have wanted it. I pray the price of cement drops soon
Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by abike12(f): 7:17pm On Sep 13, 2016
Oldlayez:

I am going ahead with the project but it's not as fast as I would have wanted it. I pray the price of cement drops soon

I think i'll do the same. I'm so tired of the instability
Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by Oldlayez: 7:29pm On Sep 13, 2016
abike12:

I think i'll do the same. I'm so tired of the instability

I'm working on budget tho... Once I get there, I will stop because I cannot come and go and kill myself on top of cement matter cheesy

2 Likes

Re: In View Of The Rising Cost Cement!! by Oldlayez: 7:34pm On Sep 13, 2016
My friend building @ south south buys bua cement at the rate of 1550 and she's firing her project..

Unfortunately, Bua is not available at southwest.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

House Hunters BEWARE Of APROGLOBAL-SCAMMERS / Tilcor Stone Coated Roof Tiles....roofmakers To The World / An Architectural Design For A 5 Bedroom Duplex By Tresvee Designs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.