Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,814 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Cement Increase - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cement Increase (12835 Views)

Architect Turns Old Cement Factory Into His Home / Westwood Park 2 Estate Ajah With C Of O 12m. (2plots attract 50 bags of cement) / 6mm Fiber Cement Boards For External Ceiling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cement Increase by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 05, 2017
I just got a call from the engineer handling my project that he Got a tip off that cement will be increased to 2800 per bag as from next week Monday,already it has increased to 2500,please how true is this cos he's advising I buy as many bags incase it inflates next week Monday cos am in the process of flooring the compound,interlocking and plastering of fence and gate house.
Re: Cement Increase by Nobody: 1:56am On Jan 06, 2017
Teebawse:
I just got a call from the engineer handling my project that he Got a tip off that cement will be increased to 2800 per bag as from next week Monday,already it has increased to 2500,please how true is this cos he's advising I buy as many bags incase it inflates next week Monday cos am in the process of flooring the compound,interlocking and plastering of fence and gate house.

Not sure if its going up on Monday but based on your post I went ahead and ordered 50 bags for storage.

I paid N2,350 in Ibadan today but paid N2,150 less than a month ago sad

+++++

It is I, EgunMogaji aka Egun Anigilaje Oko Afusatu Olobe Iyo, His Excellency GburuGburu 2 of California, sitting pretty @ FTC. Again grin

9 Likes

Re: Cement Increase by Nobody: 1:24am On Jan 07, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Not sure if its going up on Monday but based on your post I went ahead and ordered 50 bags for storage.

I paid N2,350 in Ibadan today but paid N2,150 less than a month ago sad

As it is he bought for 2500 in Benin today,hopefully it doesn't escalate on Monday as earlier indicated

1 Like

Re: Cement Increase by livebullet(m): 5:11pm On Jan 08, 2017
Let it go to 10,000 naira per bag. Nigerians are docile and loyal ppl even to bad government. MAKE UNA SUFFER WELLA. Since no body calls d govt to order again...

11 Likes

Re: Cement Increase by MANGAM(m): 6:20pm On Jan 08, 2017
Got a bag for 2700 yesterday in Abuja
Re: Cement Increase by Dsrooftiles: 7:00am On Jan 09, 2017
Yes

Current Price of Roofing Sheet in Nigeria.. See here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types

See Samples of Roofing Tiles.. See here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3357472/collection-sample-stone-coated-roofing

Check Out Picture Of The Wood Work For The Stone Coated Roofing Tile >> https://www.nairaland.com/1806964/check-out-picture-wood-work
Re: Cement Increase by AfonjasMustProsper(m): 7:00am On Jan 09, 2017

I hope the price of cement increases to 30 thousand naira per bag

And i also want Buhari to rule Nigeria for 100 years

Una never see anything

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cement Increase by MrGreenMavro: 7:00am On Jan 09, 2017
Dunno who to ask...if I ask Lie Mohammed now, he will say its because of Dollar Increase, but if I ask Femi Adeshina, He will say its because most wholesalers use their money to do MMM so they can't purchase in bulk and have to sell the few they have for a high amount!

2 Likes

Re: Cement Increase by mikool007(m): 7:01am On Jan 09, 2017
wat hasn't increased hen! tell me
Re: Cement Increase by townplanner(m): 7:02am On Jan 09, 2017
Hopefully it doesn't increase.
Re: Cement Increase by Trapnews: 7:02am On Jan 09, 2017
undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cement Increase by Lanceslot(m): 7:03am On Jan 09, 2017
Paid 2400 for a bag few days ago from 2200, Its well.

1 Like

Re: Cement Increase by townplanner(m): 7:03am On Jan 09, 2017
Hopefully it doesn't. Its already causing serious back log in the building industry
Re: Cement Increase by Tyche(m): 7:04am On Jan 09, 2017
Na wa oooooo
Re: Cement Increase by Dsrooftiles: 7:05am On Jan 09, 2017
AfonjasMustDie:

I hope the price of cement increases to 30 thousand naira per bag

And i also want Buhari to rule Nigeria for 100 years

Una never see anything

I don't blame.. I blame Seun that accept that ur stinky moniker... Stop dis rubbish tribalism

12 Likes

Re: Cement Increase by Redhot111(m): 7:06am On Jan 09, 2017
livebullet:
Let it go to 10,000 naira per bag. Nigerians are docile and loyal ppl even to bad government. MAKE UNA SUFFER WELLA. Since no body calls d govt to order again...
Wetin this one dey talk sef? U no be person? U no go call the government to order? I beg carry ur person problem comot for nairaland joor.

1 Like

Re: Cement Increase by AfonjasMustProsper(m): 7:07am On Jan 09, 2017
Dsrooftiles:

I don't blame.. I blame Seun that accept that ur stinky moniker... Stop dis rubbish tribalism

Have you heard of freedom of right of expression ??

1 Like

Re: Cement Increase by agarawu23(m): 7:08am On Jan 09, 2017
I bought recently @ 2250. I heard rumor it will increase soon

1 Like

Re: Cement Increase by herdekunley9ja(m): 7:09am On Jan 09, 2017
Haaaaa... But to be sincere Na person wea Eat dae thing of Building structures naw grin

2 Likes

Re: Cement Increase by Integrityfarms(m): 7:14am On Jan 09, 2017
It seems last year's inflation will be a learner when compared to this 2017.
God bless us
Re: Cement Increase by gratiaeo(m): 7:15am On Jan 09, 2017
Nigeria enjoy your change. Buhari is the next thing after bread and butter
Re: Cement Increase by Origin(f): 7:17am On Jan 09, 2017
I don't see why it should. Cement companies have to give Nigerians cogent reasons for any increase.

Lafarge and Dangote cannot keep passing all kinds of costs to the consumer. The building sector has been slowed down since last year with so many uncompleted projects.

Enough of this rubbish. In a recession sound businesses aim to reduce costs and ultimately prices of their goods. I don't understand this foolishness. Consumers must boycott this products until they realise consumers have the final power.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cement Increase by gratiaeo(m): 7:18am On Jan 09, 2017
Integrityfarms:
It seems last year's inflation will be a learner when compared to this 2017.

God bless us
Lol.. Better buy some necessary things especially food items now u have the money and keep
Re: Cement Increase by gratiaeo(m): 7:20am On Jan 09, 2017
Origin:
I don't see why it should. Cement companies have to give Nigerians cogent reasons for any increase.

Lafarge and Dangote cannot keep passing all kinds of costs to the consumer. The building sector has been slowed down since last year with so many uncompleted projects.

Enough of this rubbish. In a recession sound businesses aim to reduce costs and ultimately prices of their goods. I don't understand this foolishness. Consumers must boycott this products until they realise consumers have the final power.
Lol at bypass. Shebi u de produce your own cement

1 Like

Re: Cement Increase by Hiploko(m): 7:23am On Jan 09, 2017
Is this government cursed? Why is every price seeking an increase? There is a problem o!
Re: Cement Increase by Nnemuka(f): 7:27am On Jan 09, 2017
If true then Godbless Buhari.....
I mean i complained bout price of local rice being sold for 18,000 here in Portharcourt (i dont know where media got the 12k price though) and someone said its good, that way Nigerians can eat more of locally produced rice.

Well its also good if price of cement increases that way Nigerians can build more of local houses... grin
where them oya those of you masturbating on the local rice thread, ngwa come and tell us bout Economics again and how the laws of demand and supply affects price. ndi uchu
deji15 Aufbauh Aristo3146 Enice Funnicator murphyibiam15 APCmyheart Fourwinds:

Godbless Buhari biko

4 Likes

Re: Cement Increase by Youngzedd(m): 7:30am On Jan 09, 2017
They have got zero import duty from the government, why increase in price again

2 Likes

Re: Cement Increase by Integrityfarms(m): 7:35am On Jan 09, 2017
gratiaeo:

Lol.. Better buy some necessary things especially food items now u have the money and keep

I just have to heed to your advice o
Re: Cement Increase by ArabMopol(m): 7:36am On Jan 09, 2017
FG monopolize everything for this ritualistic Dangote, everything in this goddamn con3 just favoured him, all the raw materials we got it locally all they need to do is to crush it, then why is he selling it on high price, they foldup ibeto so Dangote will have easy sailing, In the
United States, this quantity of
cement sells between $5 and $
In India, the 50kg bag cost hiked
from RS215 to RS315, that is
between $3.40-5.00. It only
recently increased in cost.
In South African Rands, the bag
sells for an equivalent of $4.50.
In Kenya, the 50kg bag of cement
sells for 450 Kenyan shillings,
that’s about $5.00
We can go on and on. The median
price of this raw material is about
$5 worldwide.
Nigerians pay double. One of the countless troubling
facts about this man Aliko
Dangote is that the brigandage
that he personifies and exploits to
enrich himself at the expense of
the inhabitants of the lower Niger
who rightly own the natural
resources he steals reflects the
culture he was born and
socialized in. Federal government gave Dangote sole
importation rights of many
products, effectively crippling
other businesses to the singular
advantage of Dangote in an
extreme oligopoly. Dangote was
also able to purchase Nigeria’s
assets, including Benue cement,
sold to him at less than half the
value the monopoly Dangote is
given on cement pummeled him
into stupendous wealth as he sells
essential cement at double the
global price to Nigerians, thereby
extorting the nation that made him
in the perhaps the gravest act of
wickedness in history. Dangote
company declares double
quarterly profits from the milking
of Nigerians on every bag of
cement. Nigeria is a scam

7 Likes

Re: Cement Increase by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 09, 2017
MANGAM:
Got a bag for 2700 yesterday in Abuja

Yeeparipa shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Berry Court Omole Phase 2 C Of O Dry Land Mainland Opportunity Check It Out / Queen's Garden, Isheri North Mainland Opportunity with Governors consent / Important Things To Remember When Choosing A House Floor Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.