Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off (6605 Views)

Lane Community College International Scholarships, 2018 / Student Of Nwafor Orizu College Nsugbe Shot Dead By Cultist (Graphic Pics) / Girl, 15, Graduates From Community College With Two Degrees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by MichelleGoszko: 7:55am On Sep 02, 2016
When Barack Obama proposes the idea of free community college, everyone was quick to praise this proposal. It might sound like a great idea on paper, but when it comes to dynamics of the American economics, it just doesn’t seem to fly. Make no mistake; student loan is a serious problem, but making a free pass for college isn’t the way to win it over.
But let’s not just brush it away as a useless argument and let’s make a case of the topic with some arguments.
1. Free Community College Will Promote Education
2. Allowing two-year education to flourish in the United States could finally shrink the space between the rich and the poor. Many are already willing to give this a chance and go with it. This can actually help raise the bar for community colleges and encourage more students to take up Bachelors program.

3. It is Getting the Support of Government
In spite of attracting the ire of the Republicans, the idea for a free community college is already getting massive support from others in the government. Democrats are in support of the proposal and so is the GOP Leadership of Tennessee.

Considering the growing level of governmental support, it seems to promote the cause of free education. Although free community college tuition does not seem to be a viable thing for the economy, it can produce better results if it continues to get the support of the government.

4. It Will Get Support of a Vast Majority of Students
High school students from Tennessee turn out to be the staunch supporters of community college as it will benefit a record of nine million students. Remember that it is the figure of just one state and there are 49 more states in the queue.

5. The Government Will Likely To Spend More On Higher Education
The proposal will help other states spend more money on higher education. Between the years 2008-2012, the state funding for higher education declined by 22.3% of the total revenues.

Taking into consideration the growing drop in the educational budget by the government, it is going to be a strong incentive for the government to spend more on the education sector.

6. Many Students Will Exploit With This Program
In case you haven’t heard, let me tell you that federal Pell Grants already allow free tuition to the underprivileged students at community colleges.

About 70 percent of students pay less than $1,000 to pay for their tuition fees. This also includes 40 percent of students who can pay for their whole tuition fees with their grants.

7. It could Affect the Balance in the Employment Sector
The induction of the idea of free community college tuitions will soon attract many students to transfer to community college from a four-year program. If this happens, it will have a severe impact on the four-year colleges.

In other words, the government will be facing serious ratio between community college program and a four-year program which in turn will affect the American job market as the deficit in the demand and supply for the jobs that require a four-year degree will not be fulfilled.

8. It is Likely To Increase the Dropout Rate in Community College
A far serious concern is associated with the potential dropout rate of the community college which currently lies between 66%-80%. Keeping in view this figure, we can predict that the implementation of free community college tuition could trigger more students to drop out of the college.
Conclusion…
Considering the potential merits and demerits of Obama’s free community college tuition, we can summarize that a lot of ground done needs to be done before the government goes ahead with this proposal.
Based on the above-mentioned case, we can conclude that government should take its time to overcome the potential loopholes in the proposal before inducting it in the education sector.

Author Bio: Michelle Goszko works as a professional blogger for Essay Writing Service . She has a deep interest in education sector and writes frequent stories and articles on the subject. You can follow her on social media accounts Facebook | Twitter | Google+.
Re: It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by WillaimHai: 12:51pm On Oct 14, 2016
Students will have less to study, because several of the "standard" numerical analysis. Pay to get homework done. Educate student’s skills they will use instantly and ideas they will utilize in... attention requirements are intended to make sure balanced program
Re: It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by Jackkevin: 9:36am On Oct 24, 2016
Numerous individuals have exceptionally energetic assignment services suppositions on the matter. Perhaps you're one of them. Be that as it may, this question merits significantly more than a straightforward yes or no reply.
Re: It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by Sabrina321: 12:20pm On Dec 29, 2016
"In the coming years, jobs requiring at least an associate degree are projected to grow twice as fast as jobs requiring no college experience. We will not fill those jobs – or keep those jobs on our shores – without the training offered by community colleges.” – President Barack Obama - Its the best president, in my opinion
http://romancecompassscam.com/
Re: It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by jordanlammon: 7:33am On Feb 08, 2017
You can throw all of the cash you need at all the public services and I consist of the Education status quo on this, however if you have keeps "objectives" being laid down by means of Ministers who surely have not were given a grip of the situation you finish up in mess. assignment writing service
Re: It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by boy25875: 8:57pm On Apr 27, 2017
As with every other written piece, there are ways to secure that your blog post is of premium quality. Since writing compelling, high quality content is the only way to have a go at a blog salary, you must be very particular about such detail. You should keep it in mind whenever you are starting to make a post.
custom essay writing service - custompaperwritings | the huffington post
Re: It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by KiristinaJoseph: 6:11am On Jul 18, 2017
As with every other written piece, there are ways to secure that your blog post is of premium quality. Since writing compelling, high quality content is the only way to have a go at a blog salary, you must be very particular about such detail. You should keep it in mind whenever you are starting to make a post. write my dissertation
Re: It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by junsukiu: 5:15am On Aug 28, 2017
Really a great addition. I have read this marvelous post. Thanks for sharing information about it. I really like that. Thanks so lot for your convene.
geometry dash
fnaf
Re: It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by sabalex58: 8:04am On Sep 27, 2017
You can toss the majority of the money you require at all general society administrations and I comprise of the Education business as usual on this, in any case on the off chance that you have holds "destinations" being set around methods for Ministers who unquestionably have not were given a grasp of the circumstance you complete up in mess. essay writing service
Re: It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by AnnaJullia: 5:14am On Oct 30, 2017
You can hurl most of the cash you require at all broad society organizations and I include the Education the same old thing on this, regardless in case you have holds "goals" being set around strategies for Ministers who obviously have not were given a grip of the situation you finish up in mess. [url=mhrwriter.com/essay-writing-service]essay help[/url]
Re: It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by boy25875: 7:22pm On Nov 03, 2017
If our grow old epoch is remembered for all, it will be the Internet. Trying to make known a web presence can be an daring goings-on for anyone. It gives you the opportunity to have an audience that ranges from dozens of people at the lowest subside to thousands or millions of people at the highest decrease. 192.168.1.1
Re: It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by haroldlewis2: 11:58am On Nov 15, 2017
Regardless of whether you are changing residency amongst Canada and the U.S. or, then again you have officially made the move, it is essential to comprehend the advantages of a cross-outskirt money related arrangement. Figure out how Cardinal Point can help when holding venture resources or budgetary interests in the U.S. or, then again Canada buy assignment service Online
Re: It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by johnz308: 8:18am On Dec 02, 2017
Well written articles like yours renews my faith in today’s writers. You’ve written information I can finally agree on and use. Thank you for sharing.
Jharkhand 10th Roll Number 2018
Re: It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by boy25875: 5:48pm On Dec 08, 2017
What you want to do is to give them the freedom to explore while keeping interaction intuitive and straightforward. It should be easy to go from any given page to another. buy dissertation
Re: It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by boy25875: 11:55am On Dec 10, 2017
If, like me, you're trying to promote your own blog, then using Twitter to post Tweets with links to your content can be a valuable addition to your promotional strategy, a tactic that can bring in the only thing better for a blogger than traffic: targeted traffic, the quality kind that leads to less bounces and more time on site. Aadhaar Card Download
Re: It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by johnz308: 8:36am On Dec 21, 2017
I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well..
Andhara Pradesh EAMCET online hall ticket
Re: It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by haroldlewis2: 9:12am On Dec 25, 2017
The most enthusiastic wistful disaster in making societal limitation and individual pride vanquish Cathy from being with Heath slant. at <a href="https://www.hireresearchers.co.uk/buy-assignment-online">buy assignments uk</a>
Re: It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by haroldlewis2: 9:13am On Dec 25, 2017
The most enthusiastic wistful disaster in making societal limitation and individual pride vanquish Cathy from being with Heath slant. at buy buy assignments uk
Re: It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by boy25875: 4:54pm On Jan 12, 2018
This article looks at the What and Why of article writing. It starts gone a rushed chronicles and exposure of what blogs are, followed by the pros and cons of having your own blog website. Bank of India Internet Banking Registration
Re: It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by maxwillor(m): 12:56pm On Mar 14, 2018
Greetings, I Am working as an academic consultant in Australia and offer excellent my assignment help services to college students.
Our team of experts is highly experienced and offer breathtaking content on all assignments.
Re: It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by johnamber00: 12:50pm On Apr 17, 2018
Thanks for sharing such a nice piece of information to us. This is very knowledgeable for me.
I am John and i am offering Assignment help to students of Australia and all over the world.
Re: It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by allomylife143: 7:38am On Apr 20, 2018
Re: It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by claraalbert: 7:59am On May 29, 2018
Plans to amplify the Seattle Promise swot analysis for students initiative beyond the partly personal-funded thirteenth 12 months Promise Scholarship, which covers a year of in-state tuition at 3 Seattle network colleges for eligible students who graduate from select Seattle high colleges.
consistent with the city's proposed timeline, through 2019-2020 the Seattle Promise will provide years of unfastened university to all Seattle public high faculty graduates. this would shift the metropolis's promise initiative to be supported through extra public price range if a metropolis-education levy passes in November.
Re: It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by amelialewis: 6:59pm On Jun 12, 2018
Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. Quality Assignment Help
Re: It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by enable: 4:27pm On Jun 24, 2018
I am happy to find this post Very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I Always prefer to read The Quality and glad I found this thing in you post. Thanks Homepage
Re: It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by Shern1933: 10:32am On Jun 25, 2018
Do you need someone for dissertation writing? Then, you should know that there is only one service provider that you should contact for assistance right away also. Of course, it is British Dissertation Home that we are talking about. Contacting us will allow you to get best quality work always.
Re: It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by enable: 5:19pm On Jul 04, 2018
This is so beautiful. After seeing this I am actually thinking of replacing my window glass with something like this. It would be really cool to have such windows rather than the plain ones. And it would be more fun when sunlight passes through it Biofficina Toscana
Re: It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by enable: 2:57pm On Jul 06, 2018
I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. Nathan Symes
Re: It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by enable: 3:25pm On Jul 14, 2018
Your web journal furnished us with significant data to work with. Each and every tips of your post are marvelous. You're the best to share. Continue blogging Best espresso machines for business
Re: It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by shop1101: 3:31am On Jul 19, 2018
Excellent post. This article is very helpful for the people and also for me. I get the some useful knowledge in this post. Thanks for sharing the informative topic, by the way
http://hotmailblogs.com/hotmail-login-tip-hotmail-login/
Re: It May Take A While For Free Community College Tuition To Truly Take Off by shop1101: 3:32am On Jul 19, 2018
Posts are very meaningful thanks to the site
http://hotmailblogs.com/hotmail-login-hotmail-com-login/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can A Person With 261 Get Medicine And Surgery In UNN / Unilag Dli School Fees(new Students) / FUNAAB Governing Council Recalls 23 Sacked Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.