Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

What Do "Righteous" People Do For Fun? How Do "Born Agains" "Relax"? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do "Righteous" People Do For Fun? How Do "Born Agains" "Relax"? (1151 Views)

Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? / For Fun - Popular Contributors To Religion Section / Some Annoying Things People Do In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do "Righteous" People Do For Fun? How Do "Born Agains" "Relax"? by soberdrunk(m): 11:24am On Sep 02, 2016
I always wonder how righteous/born again people have fun, as a 'sinner' i cannot do without my beer and sticks and sometimes i wonder 'if' or 'when' i find religion, what i will do for fun. It seems religion is against all the things a 'lively' man like me likes to do in my spare time, so i want to hear from religious people what you all do for "FUN" in your free time....................?

1 Like

Re: What Do "Righteous" People Do For Fun? How Do "Born Agains" "Relax"? by y0rmee: 11:37am On Sep 02, 2016
soberdrunk:
I always wonder how righteous/born again people have fun, as a 'sinner' i cannot do without my beer and sticks and sometimes i wonder 'if' or 'when' i find religion, what i will do for fun. It seems religion is against all the things a 'lively' man like me likes to do in my spare time, so i want to hear from religious people what you all do for "FUN" in your free time....................?

First you must have a definition of what you see as 'fun'. To someone like me, " beer and sticks " is never fun, but a personal destruction of oneself (healthwise). Fun, for my kind of person, is helping people, hanging out with friends and engaging in the same cause (helping people). I see fun as me engaging in activities that make people smile. Everyone's got their definition of FUN.

So, back to you... what's your PERSONAL definition of FUN?

4 Likes

Re: What Do "Righteous" People Do For Fun? How Do "Born Agains" "Relax"? by oaroloye(m): 2:13pm On Sep 03, 2016
SHALOM!

soberdrunk:

ALCOHOL AND CIGARETTES ARE POISONS.

I have never found any attraction in destroying my own body.

Do you have a SPARE somewhere, that you can go to, once you have rendered your current body useless?

. THE TEN TALENTS OF POWER. (Matt. 25:1-46.)

1. TOTAL RECALL.
2. EXTRASENSORY PERCEPTION.
3. TELEKINESIS.
4. TELEPORTATION.
5. TRANSLATION.
6-10. EVERLASTING LIFE.

THIS IS MY WORK.

I try to impart this Knowledge to those who need it.

People who might want to amend and reverse their body's deterioration.
Re: What Do "Righteous" People Do For Fun? How Do "Born Agains" "Relax"? by Gloriagee(f): 3:27pm On Sep 08, 2016
Not righteous...trying to be. Go to the movies, eat out as in try new stuff, gist for Africa n chat! Try volunteering, reading novels. Play games with hubby with a mean competitive streak n shopping wink. Alcohol is overated, jo
Re: What Do "Righteous" People Do For Fun? How Do "Born Agains" "Relax"? by y0rmee: 10:35am On Sep 09, 2016
Gloriagee:
Not righteous...trying to be. Go to the movies, eat out as in try new stuff, gist for Africa n chat! Try volunteering, reading novels. Play games with hubby with a mean competitive streak n shopping wink. Alcohol is overated, jo

True jawe. Would you like helping moderate on [url]thatpillowtalk.com[/url]? You seem like that kind of individual we'll need on that platform. Please do check it out, and PM me.

Or would you rather i PM you?
Re: What Do "Righteous" People Do For Fun? How Do "Born Agains" "Relax"? by TrajansKong: 11:21am On Sep 09, 2016
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

ALCOHOL AND CIGARETTES ARE POISONS.

I have never found any attraction in destroying my own body.

Do you have a SPARE somewhere, that you can go to, once you have rendered your current body useless?

. THE TEN TALENTS OF POWER. (Matt. 25:1-46.)

1. TOTAL RECALL.
2. EXTRASENSORY PERCEPTION.
3. TELEKINESIS.
4. TELEPORTATION.
5. TRANSLATION.
6-10. EVERLASTING LIFE.

THIS IS MY WORK.

I try to impart this Knowledge to those who need it.

People who might want to amend and reverse their body's deterioration.

You do well.

Re: What Do "Righteous" People Do For Fun? How Do "Born Agains" "Relax"? by johnydon22(m): 11:30am On Sep 09, 2016
soberdrunk:

Alcohol and sticks arent really much fun to most people - i am atheistic but i have never taken one stick and i take alcohol very moderately.

There are many ways to live and seating down in a bar and downing bottles and sticks of alcohol is not one of them for me - N.B: I do not think there are bad though.

There are worth while things like

-Adventures
-Travelling to see the world
-Alone times at night gazing at the stars
-Going to cheap food stores with friends
-Reading and writing
-Camping
-Crazy things
-Hiking
-Alone time with bae
-intellectual discussions

Mnay of them

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Do "Righteous" People Do For Fun? How Do "Born Agains" "Relax"? by Seun(m): 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2016
I'm not born again, but try music. Whenever I want to feel moved, I just rewatch Les Miserables.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do "Righteous" People Do For Fun? How Do "Born Agains" "Relax"? by CHYMZZY(m): 12:44pm On Sep 09, 2016
Can't give u any Answer but can redirect you to these group that are everywhere like EFAC [ANGLICAN] AND LORD CHOOSEN [Evangelism team] thank you...
Re: What Do "Righteous" People Do For Fun? How Do "Born Agains" "Relax"? by CHYMZZY(m): 12:57pm On Sep 09, 2016
Can't give u any Answer but can redirect you to these group that are everywhere like EFAC (ANGLICAN) AND LORD CHOOSEN (Evangelism team) thank you...
Re: What Do "Righteous" People Do For Fun? How Do "Born Agains" "Relax"? by tolutweety(m): 1:41pm On Sep 09, 2016
johnydon22:

There are worth while things like

-Adventures
-Travelling to see the world
-Alone times at night gazing at the stars
-Going to cheap food stores with friends
-Reading and writing
-Camping
-Crazy things
-Hiking
-Alone time with bae
-intellectual discussions

Mnay of them
Re: What Do "Righteous" People Do For Fun? How Do "Born Agains" "Relax"? by Codedrock(m): 7:13pm On Sep 09, 2016
Seun:
I'm not born again, but try music. Whenever I want to feel moved, I just rewatch Les Miserables.
Wow.. can't believe Seun has a thing for music. You know It won't be bad if we get to know just little more about you.

A book about your bio and escapades after dropping out would encourage a lot Nigerians like myself.

PS: thanks for the 1 week ban though, It did calmed my nerves down.
Re: What Do "Righteous" People Do For Fun? How Do "Born Agains" "Relax"? by MaziOmenuko: 10:49pm On Sep 09, 2016
Not a rightueos or born again person but I write: problem is I get bored with my works and find it hard to finish. My mind is so fvcking creative that I can start three different stories in 1 month and finish none in 1 year.

I drink too, get cheap beers from shoprite, stay in my house and drink for Africa.

1 Like

Re: What Do "Righteous" People Do For Fun? How Do "Born Agains" "Relax"? by analice107: 11:00pm On Sep 09, 2016
soberdrunk:
like right now, am lying in the dark, my eyes closed with my earphones on and gospel music blazing. Soft Rock. I read. or just gist with the Holy Spirit. i ask questions he gives the answers.
Only the spirit filled knows what it means to fellowship with the Holy Spirit. The Joy it brings.
I can give any thing up to be with Him.

2 Likes

Re: What Do "Righteous" People Do For Fun? How Do "Born Agains" "Relax"? by BobUg28(m): 1:20am On Sep 10, 2016
MaziOmenuko:
Not a rightueos or born again person but I write: problem is I get bored with my works and find it hard to finish. My mind is so fvcking creative that I can start three different stories in 1 month and finish none in 1 year.

I drink too, get cheap beers from shoprite, stay in my house and drink for Africa.

I can attest to this.
Re: What Do "Righteous" People Do For Fun? How Do "Born Agains" "Relax"? by Krystale: 11:42am On Sep 10, 2016
soberdrunk:
when they do the bad things and you dont see them, they didnt do it. Assuming you are third eye blocked
Re: What Do "Righteous" People Do For Fun? How Do "Born Agains" "Relax"? by Sinkills: 4:02pm On Sep 10, 2016
soberdrunk:
By the grace of God, I'm born again. I met Christ close to 17 years ago and my life changed from a sinner to a saved child of God. I relax by listening to the news, watching football matches (I'm an Arsenal fan), reading newspapers, reading Christian literature, brousing the internet, listening to gospel music, watching movies (Christian and secular) and sometimes discussing politics.
Re: What Do "Righteous" People Do For Fun? How Do "Born Agains" "Relax"? by Sinkills: 5:33pm On Sep 10, 2016
Sinkills:
By the grace of God, I'm born again. I met Christ close to 17 years ago and my life changed from a sinner to a saved child of God. I relax by listening to the news, watching football matches (I'm an Arsenal fan), reading newspapers, reading Christian literature, brousing the internet, listening to gospel music, watching movies (Christian and secular) and sometimes discussing politics.
I just finished watching Arsenal versus hard fighting Southampton match which Arsenal narrowly and luckily won by 2 goals to 1.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is Smoking Of Cigarettes While Fasting As A Christian Bad / The Words Of Jesus Are Not Words Of Allah/Muhammad / My Download Is Out For Catholic Secret Cult Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.