Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,142 members, 7,829,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

MMM Is A Scam...sec - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MMM Is A Scam...sec (742 Views)

Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians / 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" / MMM Is A Big Scam: A Complete And Thorough Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MMM Is A Scam...sec by Holywizard: 9:45pm On Sep 02, 2016
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has issued a public alert on a fake online investment scheme tagged, ‘MMM Federal Republic of Nigeria ( nigeria. ).
According to the Commission, the platform has embarked on an aggressive online media campaign to lure the investing public to participate in what it called, ‘mutual aid financial network’ with a monthly investment return of 30 per cent.
The Commission explained that the operation of the investment scheme has no tangible business model hence it is a ‘ponzi scheme’ where returns are paid from other people’s invested sum.
SEC noted that the operations of the online scheme is not registered by the Commission.
“�The general public is hereby advised to distance themselves from this online scheme. Please note that anyone that subscribes to this illegal activity does so at his/her own risk.
“�The platform has embarked on an aggressive online media campaign to lure the investing public to participate in what it called ‘mutual aid financial network’ with a monthly investment return of 30 per cent.”
Similarly, SEC also notified the public on the activities of a stockbroker at Zink Avenue, Opposite Eke Market, Awka, Anambra State, who engages in capital market activities without registration within Anambra State and its environment.
“Section 38(1) of the Investments and Securities Act, 2007 requires any person who intends to operate as a professional in the capital market or carry on securities business to be registered by the Commission before engaging in such activities.
“It is therefore illegal to carry on any kind of capital market business without registration. In view of the above, the general public is hereby warned that any person dealing with the within named person in any capital market related business is doing so at his/her own risk.”
Follow on Twitter @anambrastate_ng
Re: MMM Is A Scam...sec by DozieInc(m): 10:03pm On Sep 02, 2016
I just heard about MMM yesterday, colleagues at another branch of the company were gisting me, telling me how their money and interest will soon "mature", I instantly sensed its fugazee.

Tnx for the topic.
Re: MMM Is A Scam...sec by Temidayo9(m): 10:30pm On Sep 02, 2016
Are you just waking up @OP?
Re: MMM Is A Scam...sec by akpananiefiok(m): 11:08pm On Sep 02, 2016
we Nigerians we are very gullible to online money making scheme...am only surprise that Nigeria is allowing it in her country, same way APC deceived Nigeria the same MMM go clear for ppl eyes.... I rather dash my money to the poor than doing this pooo

(1) (Reply)

Mmm Will Definitely Continue. ........but / Exchange Rates For Dollar, Pounds And Euro To Naira – Today (11/4/2017 / “hail Satan, I Have Traded My Soul To The Devil For Money” – Nigerian Lady Write

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.