Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,761 members, 7,840,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review (2512 Views)

Gionee P5w Screen Replacement / On A Budget, But Want To Experience Android 6.0? Pick Up The Stylish TECNO W4 / My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review by kasysleek(m): 6:41am On Sep 03, 2016
The review is on a device only few blogs have written on.
While composing my review i did a search and found out that no blog as ever done a hands on review on the product and that baffles me cos this device in question is very sleek and from a well known brand that is Gionee hence the title.

And
No.. Its not Gionee's M5 or other high end gionee product but rather its a budget phone the Gionee P5W or Gionee pioneer P5W.

Re: Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review by kasysleek(m): 6:43am On Sep 03, 2016
Am guessing most of you dont know much about the device well this article cover's it all.
From Photos to Specs to performance this article gives you the full detail on the Gionee P5W.

SPEC HIGHLIGHT

Design
And
Camera

THE DESIGN

Gionee gave me a good first impression.
The design of the gionee P5 is what got me writing the review and of cos you guys.

The device is made of plastic..... Yes plastic.
The P5W is a sleek stylish device that will make you look twice when you see someone holding it, atleast i almost did it.

With a screen size of 5.0 inches and resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels with an IPS touchscreen display to give sharp and clear image.
The device is made of plastic..... Yes plastic.
The P5W is a sleek stylish device that will make you look twice when you see someone holding it, atleast i almost did it.

Re: Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review by kasysleek(m): 6:46am On Sep 03, 2016
The Gionne P5W has a nice grip its neither thin nor bulky nope, the Gionee is very sleek, it's just 8.9 milimetres and 153 gram.
The design is colorful with differences colors to suit your taste.

Though mine is the gold color.

VIEWS FROM THE SIDE
All the button were smartly place on the right side of the phone that is the volume and power buttons.

House the 3.5mm jack earphone port.

BUTTOM
Houses the USB charger port.

THE BACK
Houses the 5 megapixels camera and led flash light.

Re: Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review by kasysleek(m): 6:52am On Sep 03, 2016
OTHER SPECS
THE CAMERA
The camera of the Gionee P5W is something special,although it just 5 megapixel it still gives super clear shots.
See photos of pic taken.

Re: Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review by kasysleek(m): 6:53am On Sep 03, 2016
Front Camera Shot

Re: Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review by kasysleek(m): 6:55am On Sep 03, 2016
RAM AND PERFORMANCE
The P5W come with 1GB of ram and a 1.3GHz professor nice for game play. Although if you are a heavy gamer you may experience lagging and hanging over time.
If you are just an average game then you dont need to worry.
The P5W comes with 16GB ROM and can also take up to 128GB microSD card for storage expansion.

Re: Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review by kasysleek(m): 6:57am On Sep 03, 2016
OS

The p5w come with android version 5.1 lollipop which is ok don't know if it's upgradable yet.

THE BATTERY

Sadly the p5w packs 2000mAh non replaceable battery, not much though but last for a couple of hours on 3G browsing and movie watching.
But on normal usage it can last longshot
If your are looking to buy a device with high battery specs, sorry the p5w is not the one.

STORAGES
The p5w has a inbuilt storage capacity of 16GB which is actually quite nice.

OTHER SPECS

Network- 2G and 3G enabled.

Dual Sim Slots.

What else could you want from a budget phone.

RATINGS:
Design 7.5 / 10
Processor and Ram: 6. 0/ 10
Battery: 4 / 10
Camera 6. 0/10

Re: Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review by kasysleek(m): 6:58am On Sep 03, 2016
Re: Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review by onyichick(f): 10:37am On Sep 03, 2016
how much did u buy the phone
Re: Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review by 2SWT(f): 11:42am On Sep 03, 2016
Price

1 Like

Re: Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review by FakeNEWSevryday: 12:14pm On Sep 03, 2016
What do u mean by saying battery is non replaceable?

1 Like

Re: Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review by MrBONE2(m): 12:39pm On Sep 03, 2016
kasysleek:
OS

The p5w come with android version 5.1 lollipop which is ok don't know if it's upgradable yet.

THE BATTERY

Sadly the p5w packs 2000mAh non replaceable battery, not much though but last for a couple of hours on 3G browsing and movie watching.
But on normal usage it can last longshot
If your are looking to buy a device with high battery specs, sorry the p5w is not the one.

STORAGES
The p5w has a inbuilt storage capacity of 16GB which is actually quite nice.

OTHER SPECS

Network- 2G and 3G enabled.

Dual Sim Slots.

What else could you want from a budget phone.

RATINGS:
Design 7.5 / 10
Processor and Ram: 6. 0/ 10
Battery: 4 / 10
Camera 6. 0/10
Am coming did you say it can take up to 128GB memory expansion and have you tried it?
Re: Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review by austelright(m): 2:44pm On Sep 03, 2016
with 22k you can get one depending on your location.
I bought mine early this year for 20k but because of dollar scarcity it has gone up.
OP pls stop misinforming the public about the battery because I'm a heavy downloader and the battery last me upto 2days if i don't recharge it.
The phone is a good phone and i don't mind buying another if naira appreciate against dollar.
Re: Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 03, 2016
austelright:
I bought mine early this year for 20k but because of dollar scarcity it has gone up.
OP pls stop misinforming the public about the battery because I'm a heavy downloader and the battery last me upto 2days if i don't recharge it.
The phone is a good phone and i don't mind buying another if naira appreciate against dollar.
2 Days for 2000mah? You are a compulsive liar

1 Like

Re: Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 03, 2016
2SWT:
Price
#32k on jumia
Re: Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review by kasysleek(m): 10:39pm On Sep 04, 2016
fados4sure:
2 Days for 2000mah? You are a compulsive liar
And he's a heavy downloader according to him.
Re: Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review by kasysleek(m): 10:42pm On Sep 04, 2016
MrBONE2:
Am coming did you say it can take up to 128GB memory expansion and have you tried it?

I said its expandable didnt say it came that way.

"can also take up to 128GB microSD card for storage expansion".
Re: Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review by kasysleek(m): 10:45pm On Sep 04, 2016
FakeNEWSevryday:
What do u mean by saying battery is non replaceable?
Sorry, it was a mistake.
Re: Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 04, 2016
kasysleek:

And he's a heavy downloader according to him.
hahaha

Even Exynos chipset that has one of the best battery optimizer won't even last full day on heavy usage
Re: Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review by Nobody: 6:21am On Sep 05, 2016
austelright:
guy your lie get package chai my Gionee M3Mini 4000mAh battery doesn't last full day of heavy usage now you are saying 2000mAh battery last for 2 days if so then no kukuma dey charge for 4000mAh battery

1 Like

Re: Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review by kasysleek(m): 4:35pm On Sep 05, 2016
onyichick:
how much did u buy the phone
Re: Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review by Dam5reey(m): 7:52pm On Sep 05, 2016
kasysleek:

But why are you posting this after 9 months of release

I bought mine them 19k... The phone is now 30k... Even the mini self na 25k
Re: Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 05, 2016
kasysleek:
The review is on a device only few blogs have written on.
While composing my review i did a search and found out that no blog as ever done a hands on review on the product and that baffles me cos this device in question is very sleek and from a well known brand that is Gionee hence the title.

And
No.. Its not Gionee's M5 or other high end gionee product but rather its a budget phone the Gionee P5W or Gionee pioneer P5W.

Gionee M5 is a high end phone? With 1.3ghz mediatek 6735 and 720p display? smh
Re: Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review by Dailyfavour(m): 8:02pm On Sep 05, 2016
Do you mean the battery is IN-BUILT by you saying NON REPLACEABLE?
Re: Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review by invisibleman2: 8:30pm On Sep 08, 2016
I need help with my gionee p5w, I want to delete a movie but it is telling me I can't because the movie is hidden how do I delete it
Re: Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review by kasysleek(m): 10:17am On Sep 13, 2016
Dailyfavour:
Do you mean the battery is IN-BUILT by you saying NON REPLACEABLE?

Twas a mistake
Re: Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review by kasysleek(m): 10:22am On Sep 13, 2016
greenhulk:

Gionee M5 is a high end phone? With 1.3ghz mediatek 6735 and 720p display? smh

Seems u dont understand, i said " no it not Gionee M5 or other high end phone "

Meaning the device am talking about is not a high end phone like d m5....

Did u read d remaining line after dat.... Smh
Re: Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review by austelright(m): 1:49pm On Oct 09, 2016
Iamtosignno:
guy your lie get package chai my Gionee M3Mini 4000mAh battery doesn't last full day of heavy usage now you are saying 2000mAh battery last for 2 days if so then no kukuma dey charge for 4000mAh battery
I don't need you to believe me because Gionee is not paying for the ads.
If your battery doesn't last long check your device especially some apps that drains battery.
Re: Hands On: The Stylish Gionee P5W First And Ever Hands On Review by temtop005(m): 2:07pm On Oct 09, 2016
Pls does it support OTG

(1) (Reply)

Tecno Pova 5g; Here’s Tecno’s First 5g Smartphone / Help Needed On My Infinix Hot Note Pro / Solo Aspire 1 Firmware / Stock ROM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.