Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,995 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

Help Needed On My Infinix Hot Note Pro - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help Needed On My Infinix Hot Note Pro (2482 Views)

How Do I Remove My Infinix From Privacy Protection Pin / Infinix Hot 2 Vs Infinix Hot Note Pro. / The Truth About Infinix Hot Note/pro Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed On My Infinix Hot Note Pro by Ammy5565(f): 11:05am On Jun 29, 2015
Hello people ,please i need help on my infinix hot note pro .I just started using android after donkey years on bb and so i'm not very used to the functionalities of androids.The issue with my phone is the fact that it zaps my data as soon as it comes up and then if i forget to turn off my data connection without data,it zaps off my airtime in secs.Yes i know thats supposed to happen but the rate is alarming.for instance,i was gonna do the mtn 4.5 gig for 2500 on saturday and sum1 mistakenly turned on my data and in like 2mins the 2500 had dropped to 300.please is this rate normal or is something running at the background of my phone? Truthfully i didnt even get mails or other notifications just jumia app sending in a few adverts and all the money gone,so i couldnt understand what took all the money.please people,help diagnose this problem as i'm even scared to subscribe to a data bundle.i'll also appreciate any help or tips on running this phone.Pls dnt laugh at me angry
Thanks in anticipation.
NB:i also heard a virus can cause this kind of issue,so can it be that my phone has a virus? tho i've scanned using kaspersky anti virus and no threat was found.
Re: Help Needed On My Infinix Hot Note Pro by sammer4life(m): 11:26am On Jun 29, 2015
Ammy5565:
Hello people ,please i need help on my infinix hot note pro .I just started using android after donkey years on bb and so i'm not very used to the functionalities of androids.The issue with my phone is the fact that it zaps my data as soon as it comes up and then if i forget to turn off my data connection without data,it zaps off my airtime in secs.Yes i know thats supposed to happen but the rate is alarming.for instance,i was gonna do the mtn 4.5 gig for 2500 on saturday and sum1 mistakenly turned on my data and in like 2mins the 2500 had dropped to 300.please is this rate normal or is something running at the background of my phone? Truthfully i didnt even get mails or other notifications just jumia app sending in a few adverts and all the money gone,so i couldnt understand what took all the money.please people,help diagnose this problem as i'm even scared to subscribe to a data bundle.i'll also appreciate any help or tips on running this phone.Pls dnt laugh at me angry
Thanks in anticipation.
NB:i also heard a virus can cause this kind of issue,so can it be that my phone has a virus? tho i've scanned using kaspersky anti virus and no threat was found.
You have to check the apps that run in the background. They are the one "drinking" your data
Re: Help Needed On My Infinix Hot Note Pro by Ammy5565(f): 11:27am On Jun 29, 2015
sammer4life:
You have to check the apps that run in the background. They are the one "drinking" your data

pls how do i do this?
Re: Help Needed On My Infinix Hot Note Pro by sammer4life(m): 11:30am On Jun 29, 2015
Ammy5565:

pls how do i do this?
I use DU speed booster
Re: Help Needed On My Infinix Hot Note Pro by jimohibrahim(m): 11:58am On Jun 29, 2015
all Android came with auto sync on...
go off it in your fone settings or else it will keep synchronising till forever.

menu - settings - data usage... then click your option button on your fone( the third button apart from home or back button) then make sure no box is ticked out of the listed options.. UNTICK EVERYTHING
Re: Help Needed On My Infinix Hot Note Pro by Ammy5565(f): 12:08pm On Jun 29, 2015
thanks Jimoh,pls can u kindly explain what auto sync is,pls forgive my many questions.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed On My Infinix Hot Note Pro by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:12pm On Jun 29, 2015
Eyaaa, I feel you dear. I also ported from BB, so I know what you mean. I would advise you take time to explore your phone well.

I don't really experience this data zapping thing as I prevented some apps running in the background from accessing the internet without my knowledge.

So go to SETTINGS and click on the ALL tab. Under WIRELESS & NETWORKS, click on DATA USAGE. Click on the menu button (the rectangular-shaped symbol) by the lower left size of your phone and check (tick):
1.Restrict background data.

Please try this and let's know your feedback.
Re: Help Needed On My Infinix Hot Note Pro by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:21pm On Jun 29, 2015
Ammy5565, to your question, see the attached.

Re: Help Needed On My Infinix Hot Note Pro by Ammy5565(f): 12:28pm On Jun 29, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
Eyaaa, I feel you dear. I also ported from BB, so I know what you mean. I would advise you take time to explore your phone well.
I don't really experience this data zapping thing as I prevented some apps running in the background from accessing the internet without my knowledge.
So go to SETTINGS and click on the ALL tab. Under WIRELESS & NETWORKS, click on DATA USAGE. Click on the menu button (the rectangular-shaped symbol) by the lower left size of your phone and check (tick):
1.Restrict background data.
Please try this and let's know your feedback.

Tnx dear
what u asked me to do is the exact opposite of what Jimoh jst suggested,i tried what you suggested ie that i tick restrict background while Jimoh said non shud be ticked *confused*
Re: Help Needed On My Infinix Hot Note Pro by timbros(m): 1:21pm On Jun 29, 2015
Go to play store and install Greenify.

Hibernate all your apps and you don't have nothing to worry about anymore.
Re: Help Needed On My Infinix Hot Note Pro by Baroba(m): 1:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
timbros:
Go to play store and install Greenify.

Hibernate all your apps and you don't have nothing to worry about anymore.

True, root and install greenify to limit processing.. Remove Facebook and Facebook messenger apps if you have them, these are well known data hogs. Use your browser..
Re: Help Needed On My Infinix Hot Note Pro by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:45pm On Jun 29, 2015
Baroba:

True, root and install greenify to limit processing.. Remove Facebook and Facebook messenger apps if you have them, these are well known data hogs. Use your browser..

Sir, it's not everyone that's interested in rooting their phone.
Re: Help Needed On My Infinix Hot Note Pro by timbros(m): 6:58pm On Jun 29, 2015
ferhyntorlah:

Sir, it's not everyone that's interested in rooting their phone.

You can't maximize your Android without rooting it.
Re: Help Needed On My Infinix Hot Note Pro by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:42pm On Jun 29, 2015
timbros:

My own is to browse on a wide screen phone and my android is doing just that and even more.

Thanks for your input sir.
Re: Help Needed On My Infinix Hot Note Pro by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:12am On Jun 30, 2015
timbros:

Thanks sir for your concern but I'm not interested in maximizing my android. I had a reason for buying it and that reason has been met.

Thank you once again sir.
Re: Help Needed On My Infinix Hot Note Pro by nerdfrost(m): 8:52am On Jun 30, 2015
jimohibrahim:
all Android came with auto sync on...
go off it in your fone settings or else it will keep synchronising till forever.

menu - settings - data usage... then click your option button on your fone( the third button apart from home or back button) then make sure no box is ticked out of the listed options.. UNTICK EVERYTHING
. bro thanks I just switched off mine now!
Re: Help Needed On My Infinix Hot Note Pro by tempest01(m): 10:52am On Jun 30, 2015
My own advice is for you to just subscribe to a data plan because the rate at which mtn drain airtime without a subscription is alarming....the charges are to high.

I remember an time I had 6000 naira balance and then connected my hotspot to a computer without turning off Windows updates.

They took all the money in two installments.

As a matter of fact, I stopped doing mtn subscription because of this fact. My mtn sim is my main line and I had to put it in my torch light phone...while my other sims are for browsing. I go on data small without subscription, before you know balance don finish.

If you would love to save cost you have to root your phone, change imei and go for the glo 3gb for 1k.

If you go ahead with mtn, make sure you have a subscription or all your balance is going to be wiped off If u turn on your data.
Re: Help Needed On My Infinix Hot Note Pro by jimohibrahim(m): 1:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
nerdfrost:
. bro thanks I just switched off mine now!
You're welcome

(1) (Reply)

Lists: International Country Dialling Codes And The Country / How To Activate Airtel Smartrecharge Bonus And Enjoy Its Benefits / Help Choose Between Sansung S9+ And Iphone 8+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.