Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,570 members, 7,840,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Nicole Richie Supports 'no Makeup' Movement - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Nicole Richie Supports 'no Makeup' Movement (431 Views)

Beautiful Bride With No Makeup, No Earrings (Photos) / SEE THE No-makeup Photo Of 2 Besties Has People Talking ..ONLINE.... / Another "No Makeup" On Her Wedding Day. Should We Adopt Or Discard? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nicole Richie Supports 'no Makeup' Movement by greentrends: 7:46am On Sep 03, 2016
Nicole Richie is backing Alicia Keys' 'no makeup' movement because she feels most like herself without it.

The former reality TV show star-turned-designer is not against makeup if it makes people feel good, but she insists cosmetics never serve her.

"I know people (who) are so comfortable in makeup and they feel alive and that is what they love to do," she explains to PeopleStyle. "So I wouldn't say that I am against it because I know people that really get joy and feel the most like themselves when they put on makeup.

"I feel the most like myself when I don't have any on and so that's the road that I go down."

She has another reason to abstain, adding, "It clogs my skin".

"Some people love to wear makeup and that's their thing," she smiles. "They like it. They're comfortable in it. It's not something that I would do. I like having a bare face. That's me."

The mum of kids Harlow and Sparrow with husband Joel Madden certainly sticks to her word, regularly posting makeup-free pictures on Instagram. Though Richie has long eschewed cosmetics, it was Alicia Keys who really put the #nomakeup movement front and centre when she appeared bare-faced at Sunday's (28Aug16) MTV Video Music Awards, following an essay she wrote for Girls star Lena Dunham's newsletter Lenny Letter in June (16).

"I don't want to cover up anymore," Keys wrote. "Not my face, not my mind, not my soul, not my thoughts, not my dreams, not my struggles, not my emotional growth. Nothing."

Other stars already on board with the #nomakeup trend include Cindy Crawford, who posted a makeup free selfie on her 50th birthday in February (16), Salma Hayek, and Lady Gaga. Expect other brave A-listers to follow suit soon.Read more at:http://www.marieaustralia.com/plus-size-formal-dresses | http://www.marieaustralia.com/formal-dresses-perth

(1) (Reply)

Independence Promo / Toner Cartridge Refilling & Re-engineering |whatsapp:08037190242| / Empowerment Enrollment 5k, Catering , Baking ,online Very Lucrative Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.