Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,027 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Project Fame’s Uncle Ben Is A Reflection Of What’s Wrong With Our Edu Sys. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Project Fame’s Uncle Ben Is A Reflection Of What’s Wrong With Our Edu Sys. (1449 Views)

Throwback Pics Of BBNaija Bisola Wit Iyanya At 1st Ever MTN Project Fame In 2008 / Okiemute Ighorodje Wins MTN Project Fame Season 9 / MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Project Fame’s Uncle Ben Is A Reflection Of What’s Wrong With Our Edu Sys. by Akshow: 3:37pm On Sep 03, 2016
I read this article titled "Project Fame’s Uncle Ben is a reflection of what’s wrong with our educational system" And I must say I find it insightful and completely agree. Read the article below. The link is also provided.

I lost faith in MTN Project Fame a while ago. What started out as a well-meaning musical reality TV show has over the years turned itself into a cliché. It has slowly become a parody of itself and in a nation where audience feedback and viewer data are taken seriously, the organisers and sponsors of the show would have been asking themselves if it’s all still worth it.

Multiple factors are responsible for the decline in the show’s pull these days. Apart from the fact that there are other rival music reality shows, there is also the lack of emergence of superstar success stories since the days of Chidinma, Iyanya and Praiz. It seems contestants just fight for recognition for the duration of the show and fade into national irrelevance once the show ends.

There have been a thousand and fifty-three articles about the rarity of Project Fame products who have gone on to claim a tangible space on the Nigerian music scene. This article does not intend to be the one thousand and fifty-fourth. Rather, this is a dedication to the show’s big bully, Ben Ogbeiwi a.k.a Uncle Ben.

I watched the video below and I felt it is a reminder of our educational system failings where students are made to prepare for exams and not life after it. Students fear to fail at exams but a week after, they forget basically all they studied.

Making contestants feel less of themselves all in the name of training them is not how creativity should be nourished and harnessed. There’s no better atmosphere in which creativity can thrive than a relaxed one. Bullying contestants will not relax them. Neither will they build the required self-assurance needed to survive and fly post-Project Fame. They will give you what you want because they want you to bully them less. But the emotional put-down they suffered will last far beyond the end of the academy.

I watched this video, Uncle Ben and I was angry. Angry on behalf of the contestants and angry on behalf of Nigerian students who get bullied by those who are supposed to build their mental and psychological confidence. Hundreds of thousands of others will watch this video. This means that these acts are no longer witnessed only within classroom or academy walls.

http://thenet.ng/2016/09/project-fames-uncle-ben-is-a-reflection-of-whats-wrong-

1 Like

Re: Project Fame’s Uncle Ben Is A Reflection Of What’s Wrong With Our Edu Sys. by redcliff: 12:57am On Sep 04, 2016
I concur!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Project Fame’s Uncle Ben Is A Reflection Of What’s Wrong With Our Edu Sys. by luvmijeje(f): 4:16am On Sep 04, 2016
It's obvious the writer don't follow the show religiously. Apart from Uncle Ben's class we also have two classes which are less rigid, motherly and open.

I will rather title the thread Uncle Ben what's missing in our educational system

If the writer do, he will observe that is only in Uncle Ben's class the contestant are more discipline, more focused and rules are strictly follow.

Which begs the question, why do we as a people needs to be force before we do the right thing. Nigerians don't willingly obey the rules.

The problem is not Uncle Ben, the problem is us as a people.

3 Likes

Re: Project Fame’s Uncle Ben Is A Reflection Of What’s Wrong With Our Edu Sys. by Akshow: 12:00am On Sep 05, 2016
luvmijeje:
It's obvious the writer don't follow the show religiously. Apart from Uncle Ben's class we also have two classes which are less rigid, motherly and open.

I will rather title the thread Uncle Ben what's missing in our educational system

If the writer do, he will observe that is only in Uncle Ben's class the contestant are more discipline, more focused and rules are strictly follow.

Which begs the question, why do we as a people needs to be force before we do the right thing. Nigerians don't willingly obey the rules.

The problem is not Uncle Ben, the problem is us as a people.
I've never seen the contestants disrespectful to any of their coaches. So ur premises hold no water

1 Like

Re: Project Fame’s Uncle Ben Is A Reflection Of What’s Wrong With Our Edu Sys. by henryskywalker2003(m): 7:06pm On Nov 06, 2016
Last I checked, only the test of fire can one's mettle be proven. So, you rather prefer that they cuddle and baby them so that, according to you, their creativity will be nourished and harnessed. I beg to differ. Like someone already pointed out, there are other classes where they are babied and cuddled. If you do that all the way, the contestants will never know nor attain their true potentials. Because they are stuck in their comfort zone. Until you learn and overcome the limits of your comfort zone, you can never achieve your true potential. True Creativity is that which remains the same both in and out of comfort zone. Case in point, Wole Shoyinka. His best works were written not in the comfort of his home but rather while in prison.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Download Subtitles / Watch Over 3000 Full Nollywood Movies / #BBNAIJA (video)watch As Thin Tall Tony(ttt) Finally Fondles (go Down On) Bisola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.