Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,596 members, 7,955,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:08 PM

The Choice Of Wedding Ring Is Becoming An Issue To Their Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Choice Of Wedding Ring Is Becoming An Issue To Their Marriage (2461 Views)

See Couple's 11-year Old Poem Book That Has Helped Their Marriage / Counter Thread:5 Things Men Do To Mess Up Their Marriage / 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Choice Of Wedding Ring Is Becoming An Issue To Their Marriage by IMASTEX: 8:01pm On Sep 03, 2016
In a relationship, ring is either used for engagement and wedding. Engagement ring is normally used to proposed to a lady as a mark of commitment and acceptance for marriage. While wedding ring simply signify the identity of been married (marital status), etc. Nevertheless, the choice of wearing both the engagement and wedding ring after marriage is mainly an option to the women, as often expected by most men.

However, this wasn't the case of a friend who is planning his wedding. A friend (Samuel "not real name") was in a long relationship with his girlfriend. Then he decided to move their ages relationship to the next level. So he went for introduction with his family and they fix the wedding date. Now the problem is, during the cause of drawing the wedding budget, there came a big disagreement of the number of rings needed. Samuel only made provision for two wedding rings, while Sonia (Not real name) is asking him to make it three rings (two wedding rings for both of them and an engagement ring). She is of the opinion that it is customary for married women to wear double rings (wedding and engagement rings), referencing some of her married female friends, etc. On the other hand, Samuel sees it as a total waste of resource since he didn't proposed to her with an engagement ring, they only moved from friends to marriage plans.

So I decided to share this issues here, with the intension of referring the both of them to this thread to read comments, opinions and advise towards resolving their differences. Please, kindly help this intended couple with meaningful contributions. The issue is that Samuel sees adding engagement ring to the budget a waste of resource. While Sonia has a strong believe that it is necessary for a woman to wear it to wedding ring.

Re: The Choice Of Wedding Ring Is Becoming An Issue To Their Marriage by Iolite(f): 8:07pm On Sep 03, 2016
If he has the money, let him buy it. The engagement ring is mostly presented in nigeria during the traditional wedding. In short, let him get her the two rings.
Re: The Choice Of Wedding Ring Is Becoming An Issue To Their Marriage by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 03, 2016
Tell him to buy what he can afford... Let say instead of 22carat gold, let him get the 14carat and If he can't afford a diamond ring,he can always have the Russian stone like sharovski....beside, they can pawn this juz in case they are in short of money one day... It's a good investment as well.. The gold never depreciate it's value... grin

1 Like

Re: The Choice Of Wedding Ring Is Becoming An Issue To Their Marriage by mydeporch(f): 8:23pm On Sep 03, 2016
Sorry to say this but it feels like we attach too much to some things which are not that important. Their marriage after is more important than d rings. I understand women love the fact dt dey can flaunt dt ring after wedding and some also believe wt d ring, it makes people respect you which I disagree wt because I believe u earn respect based on who u r.
I don't care abt rings cos I hardly wear mine.wen my husband was not around and some see me outside, d first tin dey ask is Wia is ur ring. I will just b smiling as dey give dia reasons.
To maintain peace, if dt is wat she wants and d man can afford it. He shld buy it for her.I feel it is high time women stopped copying friends and be urself.

4 Likes

Re: The Choice Of Wedding Ring Is Becoming An Issue To Their Marriage by Emmaoga: 8:27pm On Sep 03, 2016
to me, if i don buy the one wey i know say i go buy for the marrige and (engagement OPTIONAL)...after that, if she still need more rings to wear on that day., trust me nah, i know where to go and buy 10 rings for #1500....

after all ring does not guarantee a happy marriage/home..

2 Likes

Re: The Choice Of Wedding Ring Is Becoming An Issue To Their Marriage by yetseyi(f): 8:51pm On Sep 03, 2016
Loolz people sha, number of rings is now an issue

As far as I am concerned a ring doesn't add any value to the marriage or even the wedding itself, its just jewelrey IMO.

3 Likes

Re: The Choice Of Wedding Ring Is Becoming An Issue To Their Marriage by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 03, 2016
Waste of resources. The husband is watching his pocket.
Nigeria is in recession.
angry

1 Like

Re: The Choice Of Wedding Ring Is Becoming An Issue To Their Marriage by sisisioge: 9:06pm On Sep 03, 2016
grin grin grin grin

Different strokes, different folks, different orientation! My friend got two rings but only wears one! She got the ring the Bobo proposed with and the wedding band but chose to wear the wedding band alone. I don't like that double ring thing too, the single band is all that rocks as far as I'm concerned.

OP, let your friend buy the second ring if she insist. Let there by peace jare. In fact, let him split the money for the two rings into what would by three, that way rings would still be within budget.

3 Likes

Re: The Choice Of Wedding Ring Is Becoming An Issue To Their Marriage by jopretty(f): 9:06pm On Sep 03, 2016
If he says it's waste of money and she wants it, she should go ahead and buy na. Abi na only man dey spend money for everything during wedding ne?

5 Likes

Re: The Choice Of Wedding Ring Is Becoming An Issue To Their Marriage by shegxi(m): 9:44pm On Sep 03, 2016
This generation is so bewitched such dat we now major on the minor......
Intending couples now place more emphasis on things like ring, pre wedding shoot etc. Rather dan wise counsel and extensive reading. And we wonder y divorce is at an all time high.
It is well.

1 Like

Re: The Choice Of Wedding Ring Is Becoming An Issue To Their Marriage by byvan03: 9:48pm On Sep 03, 2016
She should buy that herself since owu ji di guy.
Re: The Choice Of Wedding Ring Is Becoming An Issue To Their Marriage by bennyrazz: 9:59pm On Sep 03, 2016
The only reference she had was using her friends as example. That is a recipe for disaster in a marriage. When you start to compare Your Own marriage with your friend's marriage, you are already in problem. Whatever your friend does in her home, she would want to do it in her home. it is totally unacceptable and unwise for Samuel to buy her engagement ring added to the wedding ring. Citing reasons that she wants to copy her friends model of marriage.

2 Likes

Re: The Choice Of Wedding Ring Is Becoming An Issue To Their Marriage by IMASTEX: 10:04pm On Sep 03, 2016
VikingsOO7:
Waste of resources. The husband is watching his pocket.
Nigeria is in recession.
angry
This is the guy's concerns. Outside the cost, it is compulsory for ladies to wear double rings even when he didn't engage her with an engagement ring!?. Meanwhile, Seun, Lalasticlala, RoyalRoy, Obinoscopy, Mynd44 your opinions will greatly be of help to them because I am using this thread as a reference to them. Sure, you know what I mean.
Re: The Choice Of Wedding Ring Is Becoming An Issue To Their Marriage by NaBanga: 10:12pm On Sep 03, 2016
He should buy her a moissanite stone set in gold. She will never know it's not a real diamond. Problem solved.
Re: The Choice Of Wedding Ring Is Becoming An Issue To Their Marriage by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 04, 2016
Nice wedding rings could come affordable, what's your friends' budget?

Biko, check this out www.jeulia.com

1 Like

Re: The Choice Of Wedding Ring Is Becoming An Issue To Their Marriage by jabojafa(m): 7:32am On Sep 15, 2016
shegxi:
This generation is so bewitched such dat we now major on the minor......
Intending couples now place more emphasis on things like ring, pre wedding shoot etc. Rather dan wise counsel and extensive reading. And we wonder y divorce is at an all time high.
It is well.
well spoken
Re: The Choice Of Wedding Ring Is Becoming An Issue To Their Marriage by jmoore(m): 9:16am On Sep 15, 2016
Who ring don epp? undecided
Re: The Choice Of Wedding Ring Is Becoming An Issue To Their Marriage by Ejaisky: 9:04am On Sep 16, 2016
Single ring rocks! Classic women don't do double rings. Why do I still need an engagement?
Re: The Choice Of Wedding Ring Is Becoming An Issue To Their Marriage by missidy: 6:08pm On Jun 03, 2022
I don't like that double ring, it looks like padlock on the hand. I'm definitely wearing only the one they call the engagement ring. I'm not following the crowd.

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Man Takes To National Newspaper 2 Disown His Son 4 Threatening His Life / Please Help Me, I'm Been Intimidated By Men Of The Nigerian Army / My Cousin Betrayed My Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.