Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo (5044 Views)

WORDPRESS VS BLOGGER: Dear Nairalanders, Which One Would You Have Chosen?? / Wordpress Vs Review: Which Is The Best For SEO? / Wordpress Vs Blogger; Which Is Better For Blogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by techinfong: 9:08pm On Sep 04, 2016
Many controversies have been going on about Wordpress VS Blogger and i want to settle it amicably.

I know am going to have plenty bashers and antagonist on this thread,keep it coming please.

There is no need to fight,i am going to give you the Pros of both that is advantages.

Here are the reasons why you should choose Wordpress over blogger : When am talking of wordpress not free o,i mean self hosted .

1.Editable permalinks or slugs : I see no reason why the domain i bought myself will be having .html as its suffix,it is even against S.e.o ranking.
Many love cramming slugs,they hate going to pages from pages before they get the page they want,adding .html and m=1 or something like that will complicate Matter

2.24/7 WP Supports & Tutorials by Wp webmasters : If you are type that search for wordpress solutions online you will get what i mean.Before i started a blog,i always have it in mind that blogger Customer support will pass Wordpress. I was totally wrong o, Though blogger is not far from meeting wordpress supports because of Numerous Blog masters creating tutorials and support forums but hardly is their a plugin or WP Features WP tutorial blogs and support forums never wrote about. NO STONE UNTURNED

3.Ability to use any Email : In Wordpress You can use any mail of your choice to register unlike blogger that they force one to start registering Gmails up and down whatever is wrong with Yahoo mail

4.Numerous plugins : This is one thing why many choosed wordpress,thousands of plugins to customize your website.Though In blogger some plugins were already installed but in wordpress we can choose what we want and what we dön't want.

<strong>5.Better SEO optimization</strong> : Even though Google owns blogger yet its seo is of no match to wordpress,we have giant tools and s.e.o. Plugins that will help to optimize better

Blogger Merits over Wordpress. :
1.It is Free : One amazing feature about blogger is that it is free though you will still buy a domain,one can easily create a blog to test blogger features but in wordpress even to test na money. NO TESTING SEF. Money is talking

2.Doesn't recquire much expertise to Operate: If you have dealed with wordpress self hosted before,you will get me and the main problem is if it was coded with HTML & CSS it will be easier but PHP !!!

3.It doesn't recquire hosting to some extent : Google host every part of your blog but in wordpress . You have to pay for hosting and domain per year as if money is found on trees. Some plugins even recquires money.

2 Likes

Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by engrdosmen01(m): 6:26am On Sep 07, 2016
FTC

I no see alert ooi
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by Pamelayoung: 6:26am On Sep 07, 2016
Pls how do I get to the ferry station at Ikorodu?

1 Like

Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by philanthropist1(m): 6:28am On Sep 07, 2016
okay am coming back
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by Nairadays: 6:29am On Sep 07, 2016
Techinfo you're consistent.

Thanks.
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by frankobaba(m): 6:29am On Sep 07, 2016
As for me, I prefer Blogger due to its flexibility. Take a look at my beautiful blog I created with Blogger.

[size=16pt]www.itsfranklin.com[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by unitysheart(m): 6:31am On Sep 07, 2016
To me, the look and feel of blogger is too simple for my own liking compared to WordPress. WordPress is still the best. But, them too like money.
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by kingDELE(m): 6:40am On Sep 07, 2016
Every single post hit d FP back to back.

Choi. Op U b mod guy abi?
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by kingDELE(m): 6:40am On Sep 07, 2016
engrdosmen01:
FTC

I no see alert ooi
check back of ur phone
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by wizkidblogger(f): 6:42am On Sep 07, 2016
Ok
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by lajoshua: 6:43am On Sep 07, 2016
well said @op.... I'll advice a newbie to use blogger so as to gain some experience... when you have mastered the art then you can use self hosted wordpress..

you can check up my blog @ www.voiceofaudacity.com.... I have some good stuff there
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by Nobody: 6:46am On Sep 07, 2016
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 07, 2016
Pamelayoung:
Pls how do I get to the ferry station at Ikorodu?
. . from where?
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by 01Mysticdon(m): 6:48am On Sep 07, 2016
Read the joke on my signature
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by weblord1900: 6:55am On Sep 07, 2016
ok
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 07, 2016
Ok
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by webincomeplus(m): 7:09am On Sep 07, 2016
frankobaba:
As for me, I prefer Blogger due to its flexibility. Take a look at my beautiful blog I created with Blogger.

[size=16pt]www.itsfranklin.com[/size]
If you describe Blogger with flexibility, then I bet you've never tried WordPress. Can you turn a Blogger blog into a business directory, price comparison site, e-commerce site, forum, classified ads site, social networking portal, online gallery, dedicated job board, review site, premium membership site, and so on?

Just so you know, a WordPress site can be converted to all those, with the power of plugins. And that's the true meaning of flexibility and versatility.

3 Likes

Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by KINGwax007(m): 7:10am On Sep 07, 2016
Blogger all the way.

And to say SEO optimization is not as good as WordPress is a fallacy. From the templates and many u cld download for free online, seo optimization is perfect. Without any wahala, one of my blogs always stay ontop of Google search, even though it still a blogger.com site
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by Emeka71(m): 7:14am On Sep 07, 2016
I use WordPress ; Blogger should try to accept any e-mail.
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by webincomeplus(m): 7:15am On Sep 07, 2016
KINGwax007:
Blogger all the way.

And to say SEO optimization is not as good as WordPress is a fallacy. From the templates and many u cld download for free online, seo optimization is perfect. Without any wahala, one of my blogs always stay ontop of Google search, even though it still a blogger.com site
SEO isn't about template, bro. It's about sustainable results. Think about any 100 queries and Google them. I can bet that more than 80 of them will will ranked for (top 3, I mean) by WordPress sites. Now, there's more to that than mere coincidence. The rigid permalink structure in Blogger is an ugly downside.

2 Likes

Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by strangest(m): 7:16am On Sep 07, 2016
WordPress is the best...
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by zibi5: 7:21am On Sep 07, 2016
Good info
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by 3RNEST(m): 7:33am On Sep 07, 2016
Word press rock but blogger is good for this change we find ourselves in Nigeria...
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by Rick9(m): 7:35am On Sep 07, 2016
Let me se
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by Rick9(m): 7:39am On Sep 07, 2016
Is it possible to use html to redesign blogger.
And can you move your blog from blogger to WordPress
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 07, 2016
team blogger
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by zord33k(m): 7:47am On Sep 07, 2016
can anyone give me a nice template for my blog? www.techzord..com
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by Christardor: 7:48am On Sep 07, 2016
Abeg,which one is NAIRALAND using?
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by techinfong: 7:50am On Sep 07, 2016
Back to back when them no allow me put source?

The post was seized,i would have even made FP than this
kingDELE:
Every single post hit d FP back to back.

Choi. Op U b mod guy abi?
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by techinfong: 7:51am On Sep 07, 2016
Nairaland isn't a blog but a Forum
Christardor:
Abeg,which one is NAIRALAND using?
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by techinfong: 7:54am On Sep 07, 2016
Yea you can convert from blogger to WP
Rick9:
Is it possible to use html to redesign blogger.
And can you move your blog from blogger to WordPress
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo by twosquare(m): 7:55am On Sep 07, 2016
From WP to Blogger... From Blogger to WP again.. Check my website www.scribeofrighteousness.net I love both anyway; blogger is good for its simplicity. I love it. However, WordPress is good for its high customizable options. Go for whichever meet your needs. If you have cash to spend, use WP. Use blogger if you want free stuff. What matters is getting people to visit your website with great content. Many bloggers that are using both platforms don pack up due to blogging hazzles. Wishing all persistent bloggers a wonderful writing adventure on their websites.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Google Adsense Error: how can I fix it / Free Download Naijaloaded Wordpress Theme October 2019 Edition By DMG / Best Webhosting Site In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.