Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

The Day I Was Almost Chased Out Of Medical School - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Day I Was Almost Chased Out Of Medical School (604 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: 'I Was Happy To Wear Dior Cleavage-Baring Dress' / The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Day I Was Almost Chased Out Of Medical School by Drsmiles(m): 12:06am On Sep 05, 2016
It was the usual heat infested Thursday afternoon lecture in UNIMAID’S famous JAC lecture theater and I and my buddy “kelvin bottle-eye obiano” were as usual reclined on the first row of the class.
It was hot as hell! The class fan was more of an antique and it wasn't a particularly windy day. Therefore dishing out biochemistry lectures under these circumstances wasn't really a hand in glove situation.
It must've been the hypoglycemia or the impending heat exhaustion but I and kelvin suddenly had a monalisa moment as we decided to make a drawing of our lecturer.
We immediately jettisoned the incomprehensible organic chemistry compounds and diverted our attention to drawing our female biochemistry lecturer. I made the real time drawing including the chalkboard and the writings on it and a nearby clock,while the serious minded, detailed, class guru kelvin put in the colors with his green, blue, black and red pens. The only detail we missed was nothing.
Just as we finished, the PHD holder, wife of the provost of medical college,biochemistry lecturer of ours beckoned on us and in her words “ I've been watching both of you.Now come out along with that paper you've been transferring between yourselves.’
At this point I was close to having a generalized tonic clonic seizure along with total loss of all sphincteric functions and like condemned criminals we walked sheepishly to the slaughter.
She enquired about the papers content and we were both mute and when she insisted on an answer we chorused something that sounded like in between Greek Latin and ibibio.
Just as she was about to collect it,she made a dramatic u-turn and asked us to return to our seats.we did that faster than any Husain bolt past or future.in our hearts we kept praising God in all languages of all religions in the world.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

My Wedding Day Tragedy (blast From The Past) / [fiction] Igadamigada: An NYSC Tale In Igbo Land {part 2} / Today Is World Poetry Day: What Are Your Favourite Poems?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.