Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Seaman's World - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Seaman's World (4242 Views)

Before Joining Merchant Navy (Seaman) Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seaman's World by rukky44: 2:57am On Sep 05, 2016
Share your experience on-board.

Do you have any problem on board

Do you want a placement onbaord?

Do you want a foreign education in the Maritime sector?

Do you want a start a career as a sailor and want guideline?

Do you want a document from Nimasa?

if you fall on any of this categories why not follow this page, like the trend, and chat with sea lords.

2 Likes

Re: Seaman's World by IAmNotYourMate: 11:54pm On Sep 09, 2016
Hello, I need advice. I just graduated as a mechanical engineer from a Nigerian University. I will like to know if there is any way I can work in the maritime industry. A friend of mine told me I would have to start from scratch, implying that my degree in mechanical engineering is practically useless. Is that true? Can you advise me in what steps I should take
Re: Seaman's World by rukky44: 1:15pm On Sep 11, 2016
Your degree in Mech-Engr is never useless, it is a added advantage to you in becoming an officer. but all you needed for now is to get your STCW manilla 2010, discharge book, international passport, and other necessary documents that is require of you to go on-board as rating in the Engine depart and after getting sea term then you can apply for your officer ticket, then your degree in Mech-Eng will now be useful.

1 Like

Re: Seaman's World by Steve97: 3:59pm On Sep 11, 2016
hello.pls I need information on how to go about upgrade/
program course in RMU,I'm Nigerian, have been working
onboard the ship as deck sailor(a/b) for years
pls can u help me on how to secure the eligibility, what is
the school fee look like and when is the program started. hope to hear you soon.thanks
in advance
Re: Seaman's World by Blackpromise(m): 1:19pm On Sep 12, 2016
do I stand a chance of becoming a seaman,graduated with BSc in Business administration in 2002,and presently working with an airline in Lagos.
Re: Seaman's World by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:49pm On Sep 12, 2016
Steve97:
hello.pls I need information on how to go about upgrade/
program course in RMU,I'm Nigerian, have been working
onboard the ship as deck sailor(a/b) for years
pls can u help me on how to secure the eligibility, what is
the school fee look like and when is the program started. hope to hear you soon.thanks
in advance

Am a final year student at rmu, marine engineering. I think I can answer your questions.
Re: Seaman's World by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:50pm On Sep 12, 2016
rukky44:
Share your experience on-board.

Do you have any problem on board

Do you want a placement onbaord?

Do you want a foreign education in the Maritime sector?

Do you want a start a career as a sailor and want guideline?

Do you want a document from Nimasa?

if you fall on any of this categories why not follow this page, like the trend, and chat with sea lords.

Am a Nigerian final year student in ghana doing a bsc program in marine engineering and desperately searching for where I can do my one year cadetship.
Re: Seaman's World by Steve97: 2:39am On Sep 13, 2016
tensazangetsu20:

Am a final year student at rmu, marine engineering. I think I can answer your questions.
thanks bro.go ahead to giv answer to my question
Re: Seaman's World by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:16am On Sep 13, 2016
Steve97:

thanks bro.go ahead to giv answer to my question
They just started doing the courses now o. The fees will be higher for a nigerian because Nigeria isn't a member state but I don't really know how much exactly. So if you wanna upgrade I think you should apply now or send an email to the university.
Re: Seaman's World by captainamiedi1: 10:37am On Sep 13, 2016
I study marine engineering. I have a Bachelor degree. I'm doing my nysc. Please i want the sealords to advice me on how to go about my Career. Thanks
Re: Seaman's World by rukky44: 10:58am On Sep 13, 2016
@ Steve 97, it is very easy to get eligibility in RMU since you have served on sea. all required of you is to provide me with the following documents
1. Sea Testimonial
2. STCW 2010 Manilla convention
3. Watch Keeping Certificate AB
4. ISPS
5. Seafarers Medicals
6. Stamp Pages of Discharge book and Picture Page
7. International Passport.
8. Yellow card.
9. (4 Passport Photographs) and your application fee of about 100 dollars and you get eligibility within 4weeks

You can also visit the school to get a form and apply at Ghana Maritime Authority.

for further Enquiry 08139388136
Re: Seaman's World by Steve97: 12:23pm On Sep 13, 2016
rukky44:
@ Steve 97, it is very easy to get eligibility in RMU since you have served on sea. all required of you is to provide me with the following documents
1. Sea Testimonial
2. STCW 2010 Manilla convention
3. Watch Keeping Certificate AB
4. ISPS
5. Seafarers Medicals
6. Stamp Pages of Discharge book and Picture Page
7. International Passport.
8. Yellow card.
9. (4 Passport Photographs) and your application fee of about 100 dollars and you get eligibility within 4weeks

You can also visit the school to get a form and apply at Ghana Maritime Authority.

for further Enquiry 08139388136
am using stcw95 conversation..are u saying about 40k to apply for eligibility? what about the course fees,what is the duration of the course?
Re: Seaman's World by Steve97: 12:27pm On Sep 13, 2016
tensazangetsu20:

They just started doing the courses now o. The fees will be higher for a nigerian because Nigeria isn't a member state but I don't really know how much exactly. So if you wanna upgrade I think you should apply now or send an email to the university.
you can just help me to confirm from one or two of the student...I need to know a step to take,most important the course fees,the duration of the course.thanks
Re: Seaman's World by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:15pm On Sep 13, 2016
Steve97:

you can just help me to confirm from one or two of the student...I need to know a step to take,most important the course fees,the duration of the course.thanks
The class 3 duration is 6 months. The guys i asked are sponsored by their companies so they said they have no idea of the price.
Re: Seaman's World by rukky44: 2:21am On Sep 14, 2016
@ Steve the course duration can only be determine on the eligibility issued to you by GMA Ghana maritime authority.

if it is Limited that is for a duration of 6 months with course fee of about 3000 dollars including Exam fee. while

Unlimited is for a duration of 9months with course fee of about 4500 dollars.
Re: Seaman's World by rukky44: 2:36am On Sep 14, 2016
@ Steve when I said 100 dollars it seems very big in every ones eye, have you also considered the exchange rate of 40k to Cedi, also consider your transport either by road or by flight from Nigeria to Ghana, and within Ghana RMU to GMA.

my company help save this stress
Re: Seaman's World by Steve97: 2:37am On Sep 14, 2016
tensazangetsu20:

The class 3 duration is 6 months. The guys i asked are sponsored by their companies so they said they have no idea of the price.
thanks
Re: Seaman's World by rukky44: 2:41am On Sep 14, 2016
@ Steve when I said 100 dollars it seems very big in every ones eye, have you also considered the exchange rate of 40k to Cedi, also consider your transport either by road or by flight from Nigeria to Ghana, and within Ghana RMU to GMA.

Tesra Consult a subsidiary of Tesra-til world Ent.

email me on tesraworld@gmail.com
Re: Seaman's World by rukky44: 2:44am On Sep 14, 2016
All information gotten from this link is authentic quote it any where any time
Re: Seaman's World by Steve97: 3:23am On Sep 14, 2016
rukky44:

Tesra Consult a subsidiary of Tesra-til world Ent.

email me on tesraworld@gmail.com
oh..it didn't occurred to me that you have company that can render such help! is ur company give job onboard the ship? for the duration of the course,is't for single semester,i mean the 6 months?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seaman's World by rukky44: 1:45pm On Sep 14, 2016
Steve97:

oh..it didn't occurred to me that you have company that can render such help! is ur company give job onboard the ship? for the duration of the course,is't for single semester,i mean the 6 months?

do you want job or eligibility, which do you want 1st?

please this is a career minded trend for seafarers so every viewer should not take it a joke it is serious business here
Re: Seaman's World by Durbaubal682: 8:18pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hello every one, how are you? smiley
Re: Seaman's World by rukky44: 12:47am On Sep 15, 2016
Durbaubal682:
Hello every one, how are you? smiley

how are you?
Re: Seaman's World by Steve97: 2:55am On Sep 15, 2016
rukky44:

do you want job or eligibility, which do you want 1st?

please this is a career minded trend for seafarers so every viewer should not take it a joke it is serious business here
is the question wrong? thanks for your info anyway
Re: Seaman's World by Steve97: 3:00am On Sep 15, 2016
tensazangetsu20:

now that you are already in school pls,confirm if the 6months is just a single semester.abeg!
Re: Seaman's World by Babacele: 5:56am On Sep 15, 2016
bros, my friend has degree in marine engineering, Msc Transport mgt, ISPS, certification in tug engines, medical aids etc. A job is all we need now please. thanks.
Re: Seaman's World by rukky44: 7:11am On Sep 15, 2016
Babacele:
bros, my friend has degree in marine engineering, Msc Transport mgt, ISPS, certification in tug engines, medical aids etc. A job is all we need now please. thanks.

Forward all your documents to tesraworld@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Seaman's World by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:28am On Sep 15, 2016
Steve97:

now that you are already in school pls,confirm if the 6months is just a single semester.abeg!
The class 3 stuff isn't per semester. That very program is ran by the ghana maritime authority. The deck one has started but the engine one will start February.
Re: Seaman's World by rukky44: 9:25am On Sep 15, 2016
tensazangetsu20:

The class 3 stuff isn't per semester. That very program is ran by the ghana maritime authority. The deck one has started but the engine one will start February.

6 months is for one semester course which is only ment for class 3 limited while the 9 months course runs for one and half semester for class 3 Unlimited.

only when you apply that can determined what GMA will issue you for eligibility which will then determine the number of semester you will stay for the course
Re: Seaman's World by Babacele: 11:30am On Sep 15, 2016
rukky44:

Forward all your documents to tesraworld@gmail.com
thanks
Re: Seaman's World by rukky44: 11:59am On Sep 15, 2016
Babacele:
thanks
you are welcome
Re: Seaman's World by Steve97: 4:57am On Sep 16, 2016
I really appreciate you(rukky/tensanz) am jst trying to deliberate which ll be better between MAN-oron/GMA-ghana.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Julius Berger's Entry Pay / Weatherford Trainee Wireline Field Engineer Interview, Help Pls / FG N-power Massive Graduate Recruitment 2016 – Apply Npower.gov.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.