Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Oil And Gas, Best Paying Industry Anywhere In D World - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oil And Gas, Best Paying Industry Anywhere In D World (4534 Views)

Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. / Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? / Best Paying Company In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil And Gas, Best Paying Industry Anywhere In D World by Nobody: 5:14am On Dec 05, 2009
All the money is in oil and gas tongue
Re: Oil And Gas, Best Paying Industry Anywhere In D World by okeyz(m): 2:27pm On Dec 05, 2009
hmmmm, i can see u r having undiluted fun!! in ur job, enjoy o, by the way in what capacity are u working?, i dont want to ask abt the coy due to reasons best known to me,
so wats ur position?
Re: Oil And Gas, Best Paying Industry Anywhere In D World by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 05, 2009
okeyz:

hmmmm, i can see u r having undiluted fun!! in your job, enjoy o, by the way in what capacity are u working?, i dont want to ask abt the coy due to reasons best known to me,
so wats your position?

you a doubting thomas? Then ask other people that know
Re: Oil And Gas, Best Paying Industry Anywhere In D World by okeyz(m): 9:35am On Dec 07, 2009
Adrenaline:

Im in HR, lets leave the Job rope and company for now, u jus never know who's watching on here lol. What are you into?

i am in a firm that deals with logistics for oil and gas coy, used to be an assistant driller in my former coy but its a one man business affair and the guy pays next to pea nuts ,so i have to scram!! but rite now i am itching to getback to the field!! i miss the eciement and the thrills!!

p.s there's hardly any oil coy that doesnt pay very well, and better than other coys, esp if your an international staff
[quote][/quote]
NO, i dont think so!, i know some crappy oil outfit in PH that pays peanuts to their employess like the one i just worked for b4,they all dotted at trans amadi lay out, its just a few that pays well, i.e the foreign oil coys, one man business oil coy is a no no unless u ned experience badly
Re: Oil And Gas, Best Paying Industry Anywhere In D World by toksybee: 10:59am On Dec 07, 2009
sure oil and gas pays well and God is good to you, pls remember sisters like us that wants to join the oil and gas field, pls mail me so as to know how to go about it and u can be of help since u r in HR. (biolaohene@yahoo.com)
looking forward 2 hearing from u cool
Re: Oil And Gas, Best Paying Industry Anywhere In D World by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 07, 2009
@ okeyz
guy, when I was talkin about oil companies I sure as heck wasnt talking bout no one man crap, Any1 can start a one man business in any industry and its usually profitable mostly to the top directors, the only use u guys. I was talkin about big international players in the industry cheesy smiley cool
Re: Oil And Gas, Best Paying Industry Anywhere In D World by NobiGod: 11:55pm On Dec 07, 2009
Poster u work in an oil company for real or just fantasying?
Re: Oil And Gas, Best Paying Industry Anywhere In D World by Nobody: 12:28am On Dec 08, 2009
^^^ It's ok to doubt, but the truth is; it doesn't change the fact
Re: Oil And Gas, Best Paying Industry Anywhere In D World by sazzyphy(m): 7:40am On Dec 08, 2009
@ adrenaline : I wont mind tapping some oil money myself oh, Besides i got many mouths to feed, I have a 2years experience in the I.T sector, CCNP and also a BSC in Systems Engr,

Can u email me any info i might need, thanks a BUNCH, calitosbox@yahoo.co.uk wink smiley
Re: Oil And Gas, Best Paying Industry Anywhere In D World by jafeni: 10:57am On Dec 08, 2009
bro, thank God for a forum like this.It's a known fact that oil & gas tops the game in a good job,everyone prays for a job like that u know shell,chev and d likes, since u r in hr that gives u d leverage to advice ur bros on how to go about joining u in oil field, the melt down syndrome is heating up d banking sector is making guys shiver here and a plan B is ripe now. i ve 2 yrs experience in banking .what r my chances? kindly reply to jafeni2002@yahoo.com.ur response is appreciated.lol
Re: Oil And Gas, Best Paying Industry Anywhere In D World by yomero2010: 11:28am On Dec 08, 2009
Hello, please i have interest in this oil job, if you have any link kindly connect me (yomexying@yahoo.com) or call me pls. 07090811004. thanks guy
Re: Oil And Gas, Best Paying Industry Anywhere In D World by franclin88(m): 12:09pm On Dec 08, 2009
hello friends

i am into marketing in oil and gas industry, i base in selling and buying products for my clients who need the following, DPK, PMS,AGO etc.

please if you can help me get product or if your company is in need of the following

you can email me at franclin88@gmail.com

GOD bless you all

merry xmas
Re: Oil And Gas, Best Paying Industry Anywhere In D World by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 08, 2009
*** Thread Locked****
Re: Oil And Gas, Best Paying Industry Anywhere In D World by NobiGod: 1:08pm On Dec 08, 2009
Poster I know u will be happy with urself now that u have attracted undue attention. Tell them what u are really doing and put devil to shame grin

1 Like

Re: Oil And Gas, Best Paying Industry Anywhere In D World by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 08, 2009
^^^ This is not the kind of attention I wanted, I was hoping for some healthy challenge/argument as to which is the highest paying sector, and I was gonna try to prove evry1 wrong with facts, but things are takin an unexpected and unwelcome turn here.
By the way keep your cynicism to your self, you are only wasting your time and it's a waste of energy for you tongue

***Thread locked***
Re: Oil And Gas, Best Paying Industry Anywhere In D World by Remii(m): 2:05pm On Dec 08, 2009
Yes, oil companies pay well, but that is not the ultimate, the total population of oil workers in Nigeria is not up 100,000 maybe 70,000 at most, we all know there more than 100,000 Nigerian that are leaving very well!. What is important how you handle your income. Oil workers are the among worst in that aspect. Have you asked the question, "how many oil workers own houses in choice places in Nigeria?
Re: Oil And Gas, Best Paying Industry Anywhere In D World by okeyz(m): 4:18pm On Dec 08, 2009
Adrenaline:

^^^ This is not the kind of attention I wanted, I was hoping for some healthy challenge/argument as to which is the highest paying sector, and I was gonna try to prove evry1 wrong with facts, but things are takin an unexpected and unwelcome turn here.
By the way keep your cynicism to your self, you are only wasting your time and it's a waste of energy for you tongue

***Thread locked***

exactly the reason i didnt ask u ur place of work in the 1st place, this supppose to be an interactive forum but it has now turned into job placement add!!, WELL at poster hope this does make ur adrenaline rush some more!!!, at present the oil coy is not the highest paying coy now!!
Re: Oil And Gas, Best Paying Industry Anywhere In D World by crowcedar: 10:37am On Dec 10, 2009
@poster

The Oil industry pays so much my brother. What freaks me out is the allowances. I cant handle them. You need to be there to understand.

However, top positions in telecomms and banking pay crazy too but i dont think they have the kind of allowances oil and gas pays. A manager in telecoms may earn as much as 8mill per yr, though small compared to some oil and gas firms
Re: Oil And Gas, Best Paying Industry Anywhere In D World by ttmacoy: 1:34pm On Feb 24, 2010
If you mean global, thats not true at all,

in the UK, investment bankers earn the highest.

I was opportuned to get graduate offers from both BP as an oil and gas trader and an investmen bank in the Uk and the salary diff wasnt much with the banks higher. but in terms of bonus, banks beat oil comps. Which oil comp will award you a bonus of £30-£36k after your first full year?

but that aside, the hours you put into investment banking is crazy compared to oil comps which is HUGE advantage,
Re: Oil And Gas, Best Paying Industry Anywhere In D World by maxbilly(m): 12:13pm On Mar 30, 2013
Which is best? Geology of oil and gas Or Oil and gas drilling?
Re: Oil And Gas, Best Paying Industry Anywhere In D World by Nobody: 12:06am On Apr 03, 2013
Hello everyone,
I was wondering, is there any way a health professional preferably medical laboratory scientists work in the oil industry, do firms in oil industry have specific hospitals for their staffs onshore and offshore.

(1) (Reply)

Unbelievable! Camel Promoted To A Corporal In Nigerian Army. / Views About Msc In Project Management? / Diamond Bank To Merge With Another Bank?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.