Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Discovery!!!nigeria Is A Christian Nation. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Discovery!!!nigeria Is A Christian Nation. (610 Views)

20 Most Powerful Army In The World (see Where Nigeria Is) / Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC / LIST: Best English Speaking Countries In Africa See Where Nigeria Is On The List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discovery!!!nigeria Is A Christian Nation. by Evassi01(m): 2:22pm On Sep 05, 2016
Three major facts that proves this wonderful nation is a Christian country that will blow your mind.
1.The National Pledge-The pledge is a recitation done mostly after when the national anthem is sang to show your patriotism to the country. it national pledge has an ending with 'so help me God'.Sometimes I wonder if opposing counterparts do say this line.
2.The second stanza of the National Anthem .The most important widely spoken song in a country is the National Anthem .The first line in the second stanza national anthem says thus; Oh God of Creation''.Do these people trying to 'religionize' this country to their own religion even recite this anthem at all?
3.Sunday is a universal day of break globally,Nationally and even locally for the worship of God (The Supreme Creator).If this were to be any other sort of religion country their respective days of worship should have been used as a break e.g Friday.

What do you all educated minds think?

Let your comments flow!!!
Re: Discovery!!!nigeria Is A Christian Nation. by hakunajay(m): 4:33pm On Sep 05, 2016
You wan start something abi?

1 Like

Re: Discovery!!!nigeria Is A Christian Nation. by Evassi01(m): 4:44pm On Sep 05, 2016
Basic Truth, think about it,besides no other religion name was mentioned.
Re: Discovery!!!nigeria Is A Christian Nation. by odubiyi39(m): 5:55pm On Sep 05, 2016
Evassi01:
Three major facts that proves this wonderful nation is a Christian country that will blow your mind.
1.The National Pledge-The pledge is a recitation done mostly after when the national anthem is sang to show your patriotism to the country. it national pledge has an ending with 'so help me God'.Sometimes I wonder if opposing counterparts do say this line.
2.The second stanza of the National Anthem .The most important widely spoken song in a country is the National Anthem .The first line in the second stanza national anthem says thus; Oh God of Creation''.Do these people trying to 'religionize' this country to their own religion even recite this anthem at all?
3.Sunday is a universal day of break globally,Nationally and even locally for the worship of God (The Supreme Creator).If this were to be any other sort of religion country their respective days of worship should have been used as a break e.g Friday.

I wonder what u are trying to proof here... Is the use 'God' forbidden in Islam?... Wu gives due Adoration to the Almighty than Islam?...remember we dnt divide this Honour btw Prophet.Muhammad and Allah. Dnt let us get into this...

And where are the mods? I don't tink u guys came online lately!

This post shdnt be on Nairaland!
Re: Discovery!!!nigeria Is A Christian Nation. by odubiyi39(m): 5:57pm On Sep 05, 2016
odubiyi39:
I wonder what u are trying to proof here... Is the use 'God' forbidden in Islam?... Wu gives due Adoration to the Almighty than Islam?...remember we dnt divide this Honour btw Prophet.Muhammad and Allah. Dnt let us get into this...

And where are the mods? I don't tink u guys came online lately!

This post shdnt be on Nairaland!
as to the reason y sunday serves as work-free day... U will agree with me that if it was Saudi Arabia that colonised us, it wud av bin friday.... Just #reason b4 u say smtin controversial.

2 Likes

Re: Discovery!!!nigeria Is A Christian Nation. by Newnas(m): 11:08pm On Sep 05, 2016
Evassi01:

I will start from your last sentence: If you were close to being educated, you wouldn't have posted this thread on this section, rather you would have gone to the religion or politics section.

secondly:
from the look of things, you think you have written something great. I just hope it's not some pastor that told you that you are destined to be a great writer, because you really piss poor.

Your first and second points are just too watery. I'll explain from two angles:

# The word God is an English word not for any religion, except you want to tell me that Jesus is from UK or US! Just as the word Allah is Arabic and even Christian Arabs in Lebanon call their deity Allah and even the pre Islamic pagans. so I don't know how you got to think of this crap you are talking.

# Christians worship Jesus not God or God of creation. In fact the two points are evidences against Christianity because the God referred to in the national anthem and pledge is one not two or three. Last time I checked Christians worship three gods! And Muslims worship a single God, the God of creations!

Your third point is equally an indication of your poor intellect.

Islam has not made any day of the week a compulsory not even Friday. Once you finish your worship you have the right to return to work or home because we our God didn't "rest and refresh" on Sunday after being exhausted by the 'laborious' work of creating the heavens and earth!!!

My advice to you: you are a poor thinker and writer. Next time you compose one of these your thrash, don't direct it to erudites! And,

Get yourself a hobby that befits your IQ!

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Four New Elements Officially Added To The Periodic Table / How Are Engineering Project Done? / UNILAG Honours West Africa’s First Female Professor Of Pharmacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.