Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC (49866 Views)

Download Full BECE “Junior WAEC 2022” Timetable .PDF | Past Questions | Syllabus / JSS3 Junior WAEC Timetable 2017 Is Out [PDF] / Literature In English Approved Books For Jss 3 Junior Waec 2017 (in Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by domesifa(m): 6:17pm On Jul 12, 2017
This is neither Social Studies nor Civic Education paper. It is Christian Religious Education paper in the just concluded State Junior Certificate Examination!

Is this part of CRK curriculum taught in our schools? What have questions 48 and 49 got to do with Christianity?

Haven't we shot ourselves on the feet! Curriculum experts get in here and explain this

The question is aren't there other general knowledge subjects such as Civic Education and Social Studies that should rather contain these sort of questions? This is the crux of the matter: CURRICULUM CONTENT!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by Babysnow1: 6:22pm On Jul 12, 2017
E no matter o
Exam na exam tongue

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by StakerLives(m): 6:27pm On Jul 12, 2017
Christian Religious studies
get the message and dont confuse us here

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by UniqueMB(f): 6:35pm On Jul 12, 2017
I don't see any biggie here. The fact that it's CRS doesn't mean students should be oblivious to other people's religions.

125 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by mgbadike81: 6:49pm On Jul 12, 2017
the op is making sense, would anybody dare to set similar Christian based questions in an Islamic religious examination state examination, those that set this examination are negligent of their duties, it's crs not civic or social studies, and i sincerely wonder if all these compulsory study of religion in our schools is really meaningful and reproductive.

174 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by laribari(m): 8:32pm On Jul 12, 2017
UniqueMB:
I don't see any biggie here. The fact that it's CRS doesn't mean students should be oblivious to other people's religions.

Are you kidding me? No biggie? Well you don't know what CRS is. Does it sound like Islam?

Dem for kukuma write sey Jesus is not the son of God as Islam already claim which is contrary to the bible.

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by THUNDAR(m): 9:20pm On Jul 12, 2017
Under which topic is this question??

6 Likes

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 12, 2017
Which kind madness be this

This is Christian religious knowledge not comparative religious studies. Why do we do things wrongly in this country Mixed questions like this should only come up in a Comparative religious study and not CRK and some mumus are actually supporting this.

22 Likes

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by domesifa(m): 10:02pm On Jul 12, 2017
Reputable and international examining bodies such as WAEC, JAMB and NECO have never, overtly or surreptitiously attempted to meddle questions from outside the curriculum of a subject, especially, subjects that are related to belief systems. We should call into question the competence and credibility of the examiners. From whatever point of view, the said questions, methinks are incongruous, and the examiners, inept. QED

32 Likes

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by SporaD8: 10:47pm On Jul 12, 2017
laribari:

Are you kidding me? No biggie? Well you don't know what CRS is. Does it sound like Islam?

Dem for kukuma write sey Jesus is not the son of as Islam claim which is contrary to the bible.
The examiner as well as the education minister are seriously confused! Their Islamization agenda would surely fail.
Imagine someone setting "Jesus Christ is the Son of (God)" in IRS and watch as the country boils with riot.

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 12, 2017
gbese reo

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by Adeoba10(m): 7:33am On Jul 13, 2017
You should try and see the scheme of work and syllabus before saying trash... Dont you see question numb. 47? They will be shouting Islamization, despite the fact that the question paper was from Akwa Ibom state, i don't know maybe someone will carry gun and force Pa, Adeboye to mosque or Oyedepo to Asalatu. Useless set of hypocrite

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by ThinkWISELY(m): 8:18am On Jul 13, 2017
Savages grin grin grin

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by TippyTop(m): 8:19am On Jul 13, 2017
Islamisation continues

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by zicoraads: 8:19am On Jul 13, 2017
You cannot say anything here if you don't know what is contained in the syllabus. I have corrected and vetted questions that were to be written by Muslim students of a purely Islamic school. The subject was World History. And the questions contained a lot of questions on Jesus Christ and Christianity. I asked or the syllabus and saw they actually did some work on Christianity. This is a purely Islamic school through and through.

In my church, before being baptized, we spend two years in a catchesim class. We learn about major religions, including Islam. For you to be baptized, you must have a basic knowledge of Islam and other religions as well.

This is normal. Let's stop acting like cavemen and actually read up.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by Caustics: 8:19am On Jul 13, 2017
angry
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by Chrisozone: 8:20am On Jul 13, 2017
Everybody in this country is confused.

Just imagine. sad

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by Lalas247(f): 8:20am On Jul 13, 2017
Wow so easy lol
But they have to do that make them no blow up the place ..

It's common these day as not to seem biased etc but really undecided
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by SplendidE(f): 8:21am On Jul 13, 2017
These guys are shoving Islam down our throats, is it by force?

6 Likes

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by Mustiboy(m): 8:21am On Jul 13, 2017
Lo
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by dfrost: 8:21am On Jul 13, 2017
grin cheesy

Muslims believe that Jesus is a prophet. Some things can be allowed to slide. There is already too much problems to be battled with in life. Let's not add another one to it.

I have an Islamic acquaintance who owns a Bible and reads it. I have been privileged to look down some things in the Koran. Does that make me a Muslim? No. I can recite the initials alphabets (alif baa taa...). Does that make me a Muslim? No.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by hardbody: 8:21am On Jul 13, 2017
domesifa:
This is neither Social Studies nor Civic Education paper. It is Christian Religious Education paper in the just concluded State Junior Certificate Examination!

Is this part of CRK curriculum taught in our schools? What have questions 48 and 49 got to do with Christianity?

Haven't we shot ourselves on the feet! Curriculum experts get in here and explain this

The question is aren't there other general knowledge subjects such as Civic Education and Social Studies that should rather contain these sort of questions? This is the crux of the matter: CURRICULUM CONTENT!

The no 3 question is structurally wrong. There is only one choice answer in C but doesn't reflect the expected answer from the question
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by elganzar(m): 8:22am On Jul 13, 2017
In as much as it is good for students to be vast,

It's *Christian* Religious Study/Knowledge, and Christianity (Bible) made no mention nd has NOTHING to do with Islam or mohammed...

This act is very wrong, even if the motif is to promote peace,except ofcourse they intend on balancing it

A BEING that can't defend blasphemy against his own name_*by himself*, doesn't deserve d respect of children that fight *their own* battles

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by czarina(f): 8:22am On Jul 13, 2017
NwaAmaikpe come and comment

1 Like

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by dfrost: 8:22am On Jul 13, 2017
ThinkWISELY:
Savages grin grin grin

Don't tell me these guys are Nigerians? Africans, I'll agree. cheesy grin
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by samx4real(m): 8:23am On Jul 13, 2017
In R. Kelly's voice...

Daviro
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by lonelydora: 8:23am On Jul 13, 2017
The annoying thing is that we Christians will just read and pass this as one of the non relevant issues. Let us reverse the situation, and you will see protest all over the media. If you think we are one in this country, you need to think again.

9 Likes

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by Aspiregreat: 8:24am On Jul 13, 2017
StakerLives:
Christian Religious studies

get the message and dont confuse us here

It's CHRISTIAN'' religious knowledge not Islamic R. K.

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by mike4zeal(m): 8:25am On Jul 13, 2017
Na wa oo, sometimes I sit down and wonder why do we do dis. What is d big deal here? is there anytin wrong with knowing about other religion. I tired for u ooooo cool

6 Likes

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by lonelydora: 8:25am On Jul 13, 2017
UniqueMB:

Wrong Sir.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

List Of Top 7 Universities In Africa (photos) / Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation / You Are Intelligent If You Have One Of This Manifestations Of Intellect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.