Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,355 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ (1577 Views)

Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus / 6 Laws Broken By Jesus Christ In The Bible / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by kolaxy(m): 12:25am On Oct 06, 2009
"What is a prophecy?"

A prophecy is the future told in advance by God through a prophet.

Isaiah 48:2-5 [3] I foretold the former things long ago, my mouth announced them and I made them known; then suddenly I acted, and they came to pass. [4] For I knew how stubborn you were; the sinews of your neck were iron, your forehead was bronze. [5] Therefore I told you these things long ago; before they happened I announced them to you so that you could not say, `My idols did them; my wooden image and metal god ordained them.'

"2 Peter 1:19-21  [19] And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. [20] Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. [21] For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

"Does the Old Testament contain any prophecies about the Messiah?"

The Old Testament contains about FOUR HUNDRED AND TWENTY-FIVE prophecies about the Messiah.  Here is a small sample (in roughly chronological order):

GOD WOULD COME TO EARTH

BE BORN AS A HUMAN MALE

Isaiah 9:6-7 [6] For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. [7] Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. ,   700 B.C.

Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel about Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

John 1:1-3, 14 [1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [2] He was with God in the beginning. [3] Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.  [14] The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

BORN OF A VIRGIN

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.  700 B.C.

Mattthew 1:20-23 [20] But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.   [21] She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."  [22] All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: [23] "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" --which means, "God with us."

FROM THE HOUSE OF JUDAH

Isaiah 37:31 Once more a remnant of the house of Judah will take root below and bear fruit above.  700 B.C.

Matthew 1:1-2, 16 [1] A record of the genealogy of Jesus Christ the son [descendant] of David, the son of Abraham: [2] Abraham was the father of Isaac, Isaac the father of Jacob, Jacob the father of Judah and his brothers, [16] and [a later] Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

FROM THE ROOT AND STUMP OF JESSE

Isaiah 11:10 In that day the Root of Jesse will stand as a banner for the peoples; the nations will rally to him, and his place of rest will be glorious.  700 B.C.

Isaiah 11:1-5 [1] A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit. [2] The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him-- the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD-- [3] and he will delight in the fear of the LORD. He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes, or decide by what he hears with his ears; [4] but with righteousness he will judge the needy, with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth. He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth; with the breath of his lips he will slay the wicked. [5] Righteousness will be his belt and faithfulness the sash around his waist.  700 B.C.

Romans 15:12 And again, Isaiah says, "The Root of Jesse will spring up, one who will arise to rule over the nations; the Gentiles will hope in him."

Matthew 1:1-2a, 5-6, 16 [1] A record of the genealogy of Jesus Christ the son of David, the son of Abraham: [2] Abraham was the father of Isaac, ,  [5] ,  Obed the father of Jesse, [6] and Jesse the father of King David. [16] and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

FROM THE HOUSE OF DAVID

Isaiah 16:5 In love a throne will be established; in faithfulness a man will sit on it--one from the house of David--one who in judging seeks justice and speeds the cause of righteousness.  700 B.C.

Matthew 1:1-2A, 6, 16 [1] A record of the genealogy of Jesus Christ the son of David, the son of Abraham: [2] Abraham was the father of Isaac, ,  [6] and Jesse the father of King David. [16] and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

BORN IN BETHLEHEM EPHRATHAH

Micah 5:2 But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times.  700 B.C.

Matthew 2:1 After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem

Over the years there have been a number of "Bethlehems" in Israel.  At the time of Jesus' birth, Bethlehem Ephrathah, referred to in Matthew as "Bethlehem in Judea", was a village about five miles south of Jerusalem, and there also was a town named Bethlehem about seven miles northwest of Nazareth.  (Per footnote Matthew 2:1 of the Zondervan NIV Study Bible, 10th Anniversary Edition, (c) 1995)

BE FROM NAZARETH OF GALILEE

Isaiah 9:1-2 [1] Nevertheless, there will be no more gloom for those who were in distress. In the past he humbled the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, but in the future he will honor Galilee of the Gentiles, by the way of the sea, along the Jordan -- [2] The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned.  700 B.C.

Matthew 2:22-23 [22] But when he heard that Archelaus was reigning in Judea in place of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there. Having been warned in a dream, he withdrew to the district of Galilee, [23] and he went and lived in a town called Nazareth. So was fulfilled what was said through the prophets: "He will be called a Nazarene."

Matthew 4:13-16 [13] Leaving Nazareth, he [Jesus] went and lived in Capernaum, which was by the lake in the area of Zebulun and Naphtali-- [14] to fulfill what was said through the prophet Isaiah:  [15] "Land of Zebulun and land of Naphtali, the way to the sea, along the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles -- [16] the people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned."

HIS BIRTH WOULD TRIGGER A MASSACRE OF INFANT BOYS

Jeremiah 31:15 This is what the LORD says: "A voice is heard in Ramah, mourning and great weeping, Rachel weeping for her children and refusing to be comforted, because her children are no more."  625 B.C.

Matthew 2:16-18 [16] When Herod realized that he had been outwitted by the Magi, he was furious, and he gave orders to kill all the boys in Bethlehem and its vicinity who were two years old and under, in accordance with the time he had learned from the Magi. [17] Then what was said through the prophet Jeremiah was fulfilled: [18] "A voice is heard in Ramah, weeping and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children and refusing to be comforted, because they are no more."

An interesting side note: most people think that Herod killed thousands of babies. However, Bethlehem was "in the boondocks."  The chances are that less than thirty babies were killed.

COME OUT OF EGYPT

Hosea 11:1  When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son.  725 B.C.

Matthew 2:14-15  [14] So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt, [15] where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet: "Out of Egypt I called my son."

MISSION WOULD INCLUDE THE GENTILES

Isaiah 49:6 he [the Lord] says: "It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring my salvation to the ends of the earth." 700 B.C.

Isaiah 42:1-4, 6 [1] "Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him and he will bring justice to the nations. [2] He will not shout or cry out, or raise his voice in the streets.  [3] A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out.  In faithfulness he will bring forth justice; [4] he will not falter or be discouraged till he establishes justice on earth. In his law the islands will put their hope." [6] "I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand.  I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles,  700 B.C.

Matthew 12:14-21 [14] But the Pharisees went out and plotted how they might kill Jesus. [15] Aware of this, Jesus withdrew from that place. Many followed him, and he healed all their sick, [16] warning them not to tell who he was. [17] This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah: [18] "Here is my servant whom I have chosen, the one I love, in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations. [19] He will not quarrel or cry out; no one will hear his voice in the streets. [20] A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out, till he leads justice to victory. [21] In his name the nations will put their hope."

Note that in Biblical usage the Gentiles are often referred to as "the nations."

MINISTRY WOULD INCLUDE MIRACULOUS HEALINGS

Isaiah 29:18 In that day the deaf will hear the words of the scroll, and out of gloom and darkness the eyes of the blind will see.  700 B.C.

Isaiah 35:5-6a [5] Then will the eyes of the blind be opened and the ears of the deaf unstopped.  [6a] Then will the lame leap like a deer, and the mute tongue shout for joy.  700 B.C.

Luke 7:20-22 [20] When the men came to Jesus, they said, "John the Baptist sent us to you to ask, `Are you the one who was to come, or should we expect someone else?' " [21] At that very time Jesus cured many who had diseases, sicknesses and evil spirits, and gave sight to many who were blind. [22] So he replied to the messengers, "Go back and report to John what you have seen and heard: The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is preached to the poor."

MINISTRY WOULD DELIVER SPIRITUAL CAPTIVES

Isaiah 61:1-2 [1] The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, [2] to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn,  700 B.C.

Luke 4:16-21 [16] He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. And he stood up to read. [17] The scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written: [18] "The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, [19] to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."  [20] Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him, [21] and he began by saying to them, "Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing."

Not too shabby, considering it was His first sermon!

DESPISED AND REJECTED BY MEN

Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not.  700 B.C.

The Crucifixion narratives in all four Gospels show this prophecy fulfilled.

HATED WITHOUT CAUSE

Psalm 69:4 Those who hate me without reason outnumber the hairs of my head; many are my enemies without cause, those who seek to destroy me. I am forced to restore what I did not steal.  1000 B.C.

Isaiah 49:7 This is what the LORD says-- the Redeemer and Holy One of Israel-- to him who was despised and abhorred by the nation, to the servant of rulers: "Kings will see you and rise up, princes will see and bow down, because of the LORD, who is faithful, the Holy One of Israel, who has chosen you."  700 B.C.

John 7:48-49 "Has any of the rulers or of the Pharisees believed in him? [49] No! But this mob that knows nothing of the law--there is a curse on them."

John 15:24-25 [24] If I had not done among them what no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. But now they have seen these miracles, and yet they have hated both me and my Father.  [25] But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: `They hated me without reason.'

REJECTED BY RULERS

Psalm 118:22 The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone [cornerstone of a building]; [23] the LORD has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes.  before 400 B.C.

Matthew 21:42 Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures:" `The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone; the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes' ?

John 7:48-49 Has any of the rulers or of the Pharisees believed in him? [49] No! But this mob that knows nothing of the law--there is a curse on them.

REJECTED BY HIS OWN BROTHERS

Psalms 69:8 I am a stranger to my brothers, an alien to my own mother's sons  1000 B.C.

Mark 3:20-21 [20] Then Jesus entered a house, and again a crowd gathered, so that he and his disciples were not even able to eat. [21] When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, "He is out of his mind."

John 7:1-5 [1] After this, Jesus went around in Galilee, purposely staying away from Judea because the Jews there were waiting to take his life. [2] But when the Jewish Feast of Tabernacles was near, [3] Jesus' brothers said to him, "You ought to leave here and go to Judea, so that your disciples may see the miracles you do. [4] No one who wants to become a public figure acts in secret. Since you are doing these things, show yourself to the world." [5] For even his own brothers did not believe in him.

BETRAYED FOR 30 PIECES OF SILVER

Zechariah 11:12 I told them, "If you think it best, give me my pay; but if not, keep it." So they paid me thirty pieces of silver.  500 B.C.

Matthew 26:14-15 [14] Then one of the Twelve--the one called Judas Iscariot--went to the chief priests [15] and asked, "What are you willing to give me if I hand him over to you?" So they counted out for him thirty silver coins.

SILVER RETURNED

SILVER USED TO BUY POTTER'S FIELD

Zechariah 11:12-13 [12] I told them, "If you think it best, give me my pay; but if not, keep it." So they paid me thirty pieces of silver. [13] And the LORD said to me, "Throw it to the potter"--the handsome price at which they priced me! So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them into the house of the LORD to the potter.  500 B.C.

Matthew 27:3-10 [3] When Judas, who had betrayed him, saw that Jesus was condemned, he was seized with remorse and returned the thirty silver coins to the chief priests and the elders. [4] "I have sinned," he said, "for I have betrayed innocent blood." "What is that to us?" they replied. "That's your responsibility." [5] So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself. [6] The chief priests picked up the coins and said, "It is against the law to put this into the treasury, since it is blood money." [7] So they decided to use the money to buy the potter's field as a burial place for foreigners. [8] That is why it has been called the Field of Blood to this day. [9] Then what was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet was fulfilled: "They took the thirty silver coins, the price set on him by the people of Israel, [10] and they used them to buy the potter's field, as the Lord commanded me."

DISCIPLES WOULD SCATTER

Zechariah 13:7 "Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, against the man who is close to me!" declares the LORD Almighty. "Strike the shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered, and I will turn my hand against the little ones."  500 B.C.

Matthew 26:31 Then Jesus told them, "This very night you will all fall away on account of me, for it is written: " `I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.'"

BEATEN WITH A ROD

Micah 5:1 Marshal your troops, O city of troops, for a siege is laid against us. They will strike Israel's ruler on the cheek with a rod.  700 B.C.

Mark 15:19 Again and again they struck him on the head with a staff and spit on him. Falling on their knees, they paid homage to him.

GIVEN VINEGAR AND GALL TO DRINK

Psalm 69:21 They put gall in my food and gave me vinegar for my thirst.  1000 B.C.

Matthew 27:34 There they offered Jesus wine to drink, mixed with gall; but after tasting it, he refused to drink it.

Matthew 27:48  Immediately one of them ran and got a sponge. He filled it with wine vinegar, put it on a stick, and offered it to Jesus to drink.

HANDS AND FEET NAILED

Psalm 22:16 Dogs have surrounded me; a band of evil men has encircled me, they have pierced my hands and my feet.  1000 B.C.

John 20:25 So the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord!"  But he said to them, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it."

CRUSHED FOR OUR INIQUITIES

Isaiah 53:5-6 [5] But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. [6] We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.  700 B.C.

Romans 4: 25  He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.

1 Corinthians 15:3  I handed on to you first of all what I myself received, that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures

SUFFERED FOR THE SINS OF OTHERS

Psalm 69:4 Those who hate me without reason outnumber the hairs of my head; many are my enemies without cause, those who seek to destroy me. I am forced to restore what I did not steal.  1000 B.C.

Isaiah 53:5-6 [5] But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. [6] We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.  700 B.C.

Romans 4: 25  He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.

1 Corinthians 15:3 (NAB) I handed on to you first of all what I myself received, that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures

PIERCED FOR OUR TRANSGRESSIONS

Isaiah 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.  700 B.C.

Zechariah 12:10 And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.  500 B.C.

John 19:33-34; 36-37  [33] But when they came to Jesus and found that he was already dead, they did not break his legs.  [34] Instead, one of the soldiers pierced Jesus' side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of blood and water. [36] These things happened so that the scripture would be fulfilled: "Not one of his bones will be broken," [37] and, as another scripture says, "They will look on the one they have pierced."

NO BONES BROKEN

Psalm 22:17 I can count all my bones; people stare and gloat over me.  1000 B.C.

Psalm 34:20 he protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken.  1000 B.C.

John 19:33; 36a [33] But when they came to Jesus and found that he was already dead, they did not break his legs. [36a] These things happened so that the scripture would be fulfilled: "Not one of his bones will be broken,"

It is important to realize that crucifixion victims' legs normally were broken.  And yet, a thousand years before the Crucifixion of Jesus, King David foretold that the Messiah would die in an unusual way. 

SOLDIERS GAMBLE FOR HIS CLOTHES

Psalm 22:18 They divide my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing.  1000 B.C.

Matthew 27:35 When they had crucified him, they divided up his clothes by casting lots.

BRUTALLY KILLED

Isaiah 53:8 By oppression and judgment he was taken away. And who can speak of his descendants? For he was cut off from the land of the living; for the transgression of my people he was stricken.  700 B.C.

See all four Gospels.

ASSIGNED A GRAVE WITH THE WICKED

Isaiah 53:9 He was assigned a grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death  700 B.C.

Crucifixion was normally reserved for criminals and people the Romans wanted to "make an example of".  As a crucifixion victim, Jesus would have been assigned a grave (if any) with such people.

BURIED IN A RICH MAN'S TOMB

Isaiah 53:9 He was assigned a grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death ,   700 B.C.

Matthew 27:57,59-60 [57] As evening approached, there came a rich man from Arimathea, named Joseph, who had himself become a disciple of Jesus. [59] Joseph took the body, wrapped it in a clean linen cloth, [60] and placed it in his own new tomb that he had cut out of the rock. He rolled a big stone in front of the entrance to the tomb and went away.

THE MESSIAH WOULD RETURN FROM THE DEAD

Isaiah 53:8, 11 [8] By oppression and judgment he was taken away. And who can speak of his descendants? For he was cut off from the land of the living; for the transgression of my people he was stricken. [11] After the suffering of his soul, he will see the light of life and be satisfied; by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many, and he will bear their iniquities.  700 B.C.

Matthew 28:2, 5-7, 9 [2] There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. [5] The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. [6] He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. [7] Then go quickly and tell his disciples: `He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you." [9] Suddenly Jesus met them. "Greetings," he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him.

FAMILIAR WITH SUFFERING

Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not.  700 B.C.

The Crucifixion of Jesus was not an anomoly in how people treated Him:

He was "run out of town" at several places.

Mark 5:14-17 [14] Those tending the pigs ran off and reported this in the town and countryside, and the people went out to see what had happened. [15] When they came to Jesus, they saw the man who had been possessed by the legion of demons, sitting there, dressed and in his right mind; and they were afraid. [16] Those who had seen it told the people what had happened to the demon- possessed man--and told about the pigs as well. [17] Then the people began to plead with Jesus to leave their region.

People tried to stone Him.

John 10:31-33  [31] Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, [32] but Jesus said to them, "I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?"   [33] "We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."

Some Jewish leaders conspired to kill Him.

John 7:1 After this, Jesus went around in Galilee, purposely staying away from Judea because the Jews there were waiting to take his life.

Matthew 12:14 But the Pharisees went out and plotted how they might kill Jesus.

His own family thought He was crazy.

Mark 3:20-21 [20] Then Jesus entered a house, and again a crowd gathered, so that he and his disciples were not even able to eat. [21] When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, "He is out of his mind."

His brothers told Him to go to a festival, expecting He would be killed.

John 7:1-3, 5 [1] After this, Jesus went around in Galilee, purposely staying away from Judea because the Jews there were waiting to take his life. [2] But when the Jewish Feast of Tabernacles was near, [3] Jesus' brothers said to him, "You ought to leave here and go to Judea, so that your disciples may see the miracles you do." [5] For even his own brothers did not believe in him.

Unless He was operating under the authoirty of God, how could Jesus arrange to fulfill any of the following Messianic prophecies?

Born in Bethlehem
Be from Nazareth
Come out of Egypt (as a young child)
Descended from Judah
Descended from Jesse
Descended from David
No bones broken
Betrayed by a friend
Betrayed for exactly 30 pieces of silver
30 pieces of silver returned
30 pieces used to buy the potter's field
Born of a virgin
Perform miracles
R E S U R R E C T I O N ! ! !

JESUS IS LORD wink
Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by Kunbee: 3:14am On Oct 06, 2009
He is Lord now, tomorrow and forever more
Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by noetic15(m): 7:30pm On Oct 06, 2009
where is huxley and mazaje? shocked shocked
Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by kolaxy(m): 11:20pm On Oct 06, 2009
2 Peter 1:20-21 [20] Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. [21] For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by mazaje(m): 4:57am On Oct 07, 2009
noetic15:

where is huxley and mazaje? shocked shocked

Any problem? Why are you looking for me?
Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by Nobody: 5:03am On Oct 07, 2009
to contribute to the thread nah.
Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by noetic15(m): 6:40am On Oct 07, 2009
mazaje:

Any problem? Why are you looking for me?

I am sure this thread would feed ur ignorance
Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by mazaje(m): 12:26pm On Oct 07, 2009
noetic15:

I am sure this thread would feed your ignorance

I laugh in greek. . . . . .jewish scholars and rabbis have already destroyed all these claims to death. . . . .
Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by noetic15(m): 12:43pm On Oct 07, 2009
mazaje:

I laugh in greek. . . . . .jewish scholars and rabbis have already destroyed all these claims to death. . . . .

i laugh in spanish. . . .why do u find it easy to believe anti-xtian beliefs without adequate intellectual basis/analyses? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by mazaje(m): 1:01pm On Oct 07, 2009
noetic15:

i laugh in spanish. . . .why do u find it easy to believe anti-xtian beliefs without adequate intellectual basis/analyses? shocked shocked shocked

Actually i do not believe in the torah but the christian religion was created out of the hebrew religion. . . .the writers of the gospels mistranslated the hebrew scriptures and created a new god out of it. . . . . .unless if you want to tell me you know more about the torah than the jews that invented it. . . . .they have completely destroyed all your jesus prophecies. . . . .
Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 07, 2009
JESUS THE CHRIST.

But i have one question poster please answer.
From bible accounts is it realistic to title Jesus as the son of David or the root of Jesse since his birth was by immaculate conception? Is Mary also from the lineage of king David?
Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by noetic15(m): 5:37pm On Oct 07, 2009
mazaje:

Actually i do not believe in the torah but the christian religion was created out of the hebrew religion. . . .the writers of the gospels mistranslated the hebrew scriptures and created a new god out of it. . . . . .unless if you want to tell me you know more about the torah than the jews that invented it. . . . .they have completely destroyed all your jesus prophecies. . . . .

i laugh in tongues . . . . .how many times have the above been refuted?

babaearly:

JESUS THE CHRIST.

But i have one question poster please answer.
From bible accounts is it realistic to title Jesus as the son of David or the root of Jesse since his birth was by immaculate conception? Is Mary also from the lineage of king David?

ignorance can kill. Mary is of the lineage of David.
Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by Abuzola(m): 6:00pm On Oct 07, 2009
Sharap, and how can mary be god's wife. Dunce
Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by mazaje(m): 6:06pm On Oct 07, 2009
noetic15:

i laugh in tongues . . . . .how many times have the above been refuted?

Actually I do not think you and I have ever had this conversation before. . . . . lets just have a look at one of the supposed prophecies the OP presented. . . . .Which is Isaiah 7:14 that is a mistranslation and some english version of the bible like the RSV acknowledge that fact. . . . .

Now on to another mistranslated messianic passage from the OT.
Isaiah 7:14 does not support Matthew's claim that Isaiah is referring to Jesus' virgin birth, they often argue that Isaiah 7:14 is a dual prophecy.  In order to fully understand what Christians mean by a dual prophecy, let me first explain why the context of Isaiah 7:14 does not support Matthew's use of this verse as a proof-text of his virgin-birth story.

It should be said at the outset that the word "virgin" does not appear in the seventh chapter of Isaiah.  The author of the first Gospel deliberately mistranslated the Hebrew word ha'almah as "a virgin."  This Hebrew word ha'almah does not mean "a virgin."  It means "the young woman," with no implication of virginity.  Most modern Christian Bibles have corrected this erroneous translation, and their Bibles now correctly translate this Hebrew word as "the young woman."  If Isaiah had wanted to spefically say virgin, he would have used betulah, a common word used in other areas of the OT that only means virgin.
Isaiah 7:14.

The seventh chapter of the Book of Isaiah begins by describing the military crisis that was confronting King Ahaz of the Kingdom of Judah.  In about the year 732 B.C.E. the House of David was facing imminent destruction at the hands of two warring kingdoms: the northern Kingdom of Israel and the Kingdom of Syria.  These two armies had laid siege to Jerusalem.  The Bible relates that the House of David and King Ahaz were gripped with fear.  Chapter seven relates how God sent the prophet Isaiah to reassure King Ahaz that divine protection was at hand. The Almighty would protect him, their deliverance was assured, and these two hostile armies would fail in their attempt to subjugate Jerusalem.  In Isaiah 7 we read,

, : "Let us go up against Judah and provoke it, and annex it to us; and let us crown a king in its midst, one who is good for us."  So said the Lord God, "Neither shall it succeed, nor shall it come to pass . . . ." ' "  The Lord continued to speak to Ahaz, saying, "Ask for yourself a sign from the Lord, your God; ask it either in the depths, or in the heights above."  Ahaz said, "I will not ask, and I will not test the Lord."  Then he said, "Listen now, O House of David, is it little for you to weary men, that you weary my God as well?  Therefore the Lord, of His own, shall give you a sign: Behold the young woman is with child, and she shall bear a son, and she shall call his name Immanuel.  Cream and honey he shall eat when he knows to reject bad and choose good; for, when the lad does not yet know to reject bad and choose good, the land whose two kings you dread, shall be abandoned."

It is clear from this chapter that Isaiah's declaration was a prophecy of the unsuccessful siege of Jerusalem by the two armies of the Kingdoms of Israel and Syria, not a virgin birth more than 700 years later.  If we interpret this chapter as referring to Jesus' birth, what possible comfort and assurance would Ahaz, who was surrounded by to overwhelming military enemies, have found in the birth of a child seven centuries later?  Both he and his people would have been long dead and buried.  Such a sign would make no sense.

We see, in II Kings 15-16, that this prophecy was fulfilled when these two kings were suddenly assassinated.  With an understanding of the context of Isaiah 7:14 alone, it is evident that the child born in Isaiah 7:14 is not referring to Jesus or to any future virgin birth.  Rather, it is referring to the divine protection that Ahaz and his people would enjoy from their impending destruction at the hands of these two enemies, the northern Kingdom of Israel and Syria.

Some Christians argue that this is a double prophecy. That it was fulfillied twice, once as I stated but again 700 years later with Jesus. If Christians argue that the word ha'almah means a "virgin," and, as they insist, Isaiah 7:14 was fulfilled twice, who was the first virgin to conceive in Ahaz's time?  Were there two virgin births?  That is to say, if these Christians claim that the virgin birth of Isaiah 7:14 was fulfilled twice, who then was the first virgin having a baby boy in 732 B.C.E.?  Bear in mind that Christians insist that the word ha'almah can only mean virgin.  Are they claiming that Mary was not the first and only virgin to conceive and give birth to a child?

Finally, if Isaiah's words are the substance of a dual prophecy, at what age did the baby Jesus mature?  Which were the two kingdoms during Jesus' lifetime that were abandoned?  Who dreaded the Kingdom of Israel during the first century when there had not been a Kingdom of Israel in existence since the seventh century B.C.E.?  When did Jesus eat cream and honey?  Why wasn't Jesus named Immanuel? Does any of this make any sense?  It doesn't because this argument of a dual prophecy was born out of the desperation of Christians and essentially makes a mockery out of the book of Isaiah.

http://www.outreachjudaism.org/virgin.html
Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by noetic15(m): 6:20pm On Oct 07, 2009
Abuzola:

Sharap, and how can mary be god's wife. Dunce

grin grin grin does this FOOL not understand that mary is not a "wife" to God?
Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by mazaje(m): 6:21pm On Oct 07, 2009
Before we examine Isaiah 53 verse by verse some preliminary issues must be considered . Isaiah 53 is only understood properly when read in the context of the Jewish Bible as a whole .  

Earlier on in the book of Isaiah, God had predicted exile and calamity for the Jewish people. Chapter 53, however, occurs in the midst of Isaiah's "Messages of Consolation", which tell of the supposed restoration of Israel to a position of prominence and a vindication of their status as God's "chosen people".  

In chapter 52, for example, Israel is described as "oppressed without cause" (v.4) and "taken away" (v.5), yet God promises a brighter future ahead, one in which Israel will again prosper and be redeemed in the sight of all the nations (v.1-3, 8-12).

Chapter 54 further elaborates upon the redemption which awaits the nation of Israel. Speaking clearly of the Jewish people and their status (even according to all Christian commentaries), chapter 54 ends as follows:  

"`This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord and their vindication is from Me,'declares the Lord."  

In the original Hebrew texts, there are no chapter divisions, and Jewish and Christian scholars agree that chapter 53 is actually a continuation of the prophecy which begins at 52:13. Accordingly, our analysis must begin at that verse.  

52:13 "Behold, My servant will prosper."  

Israel in the singular is called God's servant throughout Isaiah, both explicitly (Isa. 41:8-9; 44:1-2; 45:4; 48:20; 49:3) and implicitly (Isa. 42:19-20; 43:10) - Other references to Israel as God's servant include Jer. 30:10 (note that in Jer. 30:17, the servant Israel is regarded by the nations as an outcast, forsaken by God , as in Isa. 53:4); Jer. 46:27-28; Ps. 136:22; Lk. 1:54.  

52:15 - 53:1 "So shall he (the servant) startle many nations, the kings will stand speechless; For that which had not been told them they shall see and that which they had not heard shall they ponder. Who would believe what we have heard?"  

Quite clearly, the nations and their kings will be amazed at what happens to the "servant of the L-rd," and they will say "who would believe what we have heard?".  

52:15 tells us explicitly that it is the nations of the world, the gentiles, who are doing the talking in Isaiah 53.  

53:1 "And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?"  

In Isaiah, and throughout the Jewish Bible , God's "arm" refers to the physical redemption of Israel from the oppression of other nations (see, e.g., Isa. 52:8-12; Isa. 63:12; Deut. 4:34; Deut. 7:19; Ps. 44:3).  

53:3 "Despised and rejected of men."  

While this is clearly applicable to Israel (see Isa. 60:15; Ps. 44:13-14), it cannot be reconciled with the Christian Bible account of Jesus, a man who was supposedly "praised by all" (Lk. 4:14-15) and followed by multitudes (Matt. 4:25), who would later acclaim him as a prophet upon his triumphal entry into Jerusalem (Matt. 21:9-11).  

Even as he was supposedly taken to be crucified, a multitude bemoaned his fate (Lk. 23:27). Jesus had to be taken by stealth, as the rulers feared "a riot of the people" (Mk. 14:1-2).  
53:3 "A man of pains and acquainted with disease."  

Israel's adversities are frequently likened to sickness - see, e.g., Isa. 1:5-6; Jer. 10:19; Jer 30:12.  

53:4 "Surely our diseases he carried and our pains he bore."  

In Matt. 8:17, this is incorrectly translated, and said to be literally (not spiritually) fulfilled in Jesus' healing of the sick, a reading inconsistent with the Christian mistranslation of 53:4 itself.

53:4 "Yet we ourselves esteemed him stricken, smitten of God and afflicted."  

See Jer. 30:17 - of God's servant Israel (30:10), it is said by the nations, "It is Zion; no one cares for her."  

======

53:5 "But he was wounded FROM (NOTE: not FOR ) our transgressions, he was crushed FROM (AGAIN: not FOR) our iniquities."  

Notice above how the Christians mistranslate and write "FOR our transgressions " rather than " FROM our transgressions " .  

Whereas the nations had thought the Servant (Israel) was undergoing Divine retribution for its sins (53:4), they now realize that the Servant's sufferings stemmed from their actions and sinfulness. This theme is further developed throughout the Jewish Bible - see, e.g., Jer. 50:7; Jer. 10:25. ALSO: Note that the Davidic Messiah according to the Jews "shall not fail nor be crushed till he has set the right in the earth" (Isa. 42:4).  

======

53:7 "He was oppressed and he was afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth. Like a lamb that is led to slaughter, and like a sheep that is silent before its shearers, so he did not open his mouth."  

Note that in the prior chapter (Isa. 52), Israel is said to have been oppressed and taken away without cause (52:4-5). A similar theme is developed in Psalm 44, wherein King David speaks of Israel's faithfulness even in the face of gentile oppression (44:17- 18) and describes Israel as "sheep to be slaughtered" in the midst of the unfaithful gentile nations (44:22,11).  

Regarding the claim that Jesus "did not open his mouth" when faced with oppression and affliction, see Matt. 27:46, Jn. 18:23, 36-37.  

======

53:8 "From dominion and judgement he was taken away."

Note the correct translation of the Hebrew. The Christians are forced to mistranslate, since - by Jesus'own testimony - he never had any rights to rulership or judgement, at least not on the "first coming." See, e.g., Jn. 3:17; Jn. 8:15; Jn. 12:47; Jn. 18:36.  

53:8 "He was cut off out of the land of the living" and 53:9 "His grave was assigned with wicked men."  

See Ez. 37:11-14, wherein Israel is described as "cut off" and God promises to open its "graves" and bring Israel back into its own land. Other examples of figurative deaths include Ex. 10:17; 2 Sam. 9:8; 2 Sam. 16:9.  

The Jewish Bible repeatedly says that if a descendant of David is righteous, he will not be "cut off " (karet). For example, see 1Kings 2:4, 8:25, 9:4-5; Jeremiah 33:17; 2Chronicles 6:16, 7:18. But if a descendant of David or priests are unrighteous, they will be cut off (karet). For example, see Jeremiah 33:18; Joel 1:9.  

Therefore, if this verse is speaking of Jesus being "cur off", then that must mean he was unrighteous and was cut off from his (supposed) royal heritage.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/4229/isaih.html
Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by mazaje(m): 6:29pm On Oct 07, 2009
A prophet's prophecies must come true exactly as stated or he/she is a false prophet.
Jesus prophesied that he would be in the earth 3 days and 3 nights. Matthew 12:38-40
Jesus died on Friday afternoon before sundown (Luke 23:54-55) and was resurrected on Sunday. Therefore he was only dead 2 nights, not 3. (Remember, EXACTLY as prophesied) (Matthew 28:1 and John 20:1)

Jesus stated that he would return during his current generation (Mark 13:7.8,14,19,24,25 and 30) He described events that would take place during the current generation including, “wars, earthquakes, famines, the abomination of desolation spoken by Daniel, affliction not seen since the beginning of creation and the son of man shall come in the clouds with power and glory”. These events clearly did not occur.

Mark really blundered here as he quoted Zechariah 13:2-7 but left off the rest of Zechariah where god explains that he will strike the shepherd who should not live because he will be a false prophet who will speak lies in the name of the lord. It is ironic that Mark's Jesus identified himself as Zechariah's false lying prophet who should not live
Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by noetic15(m): 6:30pm On Oct 07, 2009
mazaje. . .did u write all that long story for me? shocked shocked when did u become olabowale? shocked shocked

whats the summary of that very very long story? grin
Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by mazaje(m): 6:39pm On Oct 07, 2009
noetic15:

mazaje. . .did u write all that long story for me? shocked shocked when did u become olabowale? shocked shocked

whats the summary of that very very long story? grin

Actually what I copied and pasted is not up to half of the OP. . . .If you read the OP I see no reason why you can not go through my post. . . . .Its a clear jewish refutation of all the allege prophecies that were fullfilled by jesus in the gospels. . . . the unknown gospel writers mostly misıntepreted the jewish scriptures and created convinient prophecies and said that jesus fullfilled them. . . . . some of the alleged prophecies were delibrate mistranslation or outright false hoods. . .read what the rabbis have to say. . . . . . don't be lazy. . . . .
Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by noetic15(m): 6:47pm On Oct 07, 2009
mazaje:

Actually what I copied and pasted is not up to half of the OP. . . .If you read the OP I see no reason why you can not go through my post. . . . .Its a clear jewish refutation of all the allege prophecies that were fullfilled by jesus in the gospels. . . . the unknown gospel writers mostly misıntepreted the jewish scriptures and created convinient prophecies and said that jesus fullfilled them. . . . . some of the alleged prophecies were delibrate mistranslation or outright false hoods. . .read what the rabbis have to say. . . . . . don't be lazy. . . . .

1. I actually did not read the OP . . . . .I was only sure it would educate ur ignorance

2. I knew u dont write very long stories. . . .that was why I was surprised. So can u tell me in ur own words, what ur refutation is? why google up lies? grin grin grin shocked shocked
Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by mazaje(m): 6:50pm On Oct 07, 2009
kolaxy:

Born in Bethlehem
Be from Nazareth(No such word as nazareth in the whole of the old testement)
Come out of Egypt (as a young child)
Descended from Judah
Descended from Jesse
Descended from David
No bones broken
Betrayed by a friend
Betrayed for exactly 30 pieces of silver(No such thing in the OT. . . . . the story in the OT had nothing to do with jesus)
30 pieces of silver returned (No such thing in the OT. . . . the story in the OT had nothing to do with jesus)
30 pieces used to buy the potter's field (The story in the OT had nothing to do with jesus)
Born of a virgin (mıstranslation from the OT)
Perform miracles
R E S U R R E C T I O N ! ! !(No such thing in the entire OT)

JESUS IS LORD wink

Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by mazaje(m): 6:54pm On Oct 07, 2009
noetic15:

1. I actually did not read the OP . . . . .I was only sure it would educate your ignorance

Are you lying for jesus again neotic? how do you know that the OP will educate my ignorance without reading it

2. I knew u dont write very long stories. . . .that was why I was surprised. So can u tell me in your own words, what your refutation is? why google up lies? grin grin grin shocked shocked

Can you show me the lies I googled up. . . .pls show me what the lies are. . . . .it shouldn't be a difficult thing for you to do. . . . .
Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by Abuzola(m): 7:03pm On Oct 07, 2009
@noetic, are u denying jesus being son of god ? And what about the wife ? Thinkz mr manz
Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by noetic15(m): 7:04pm On Oct 07, 2009
mazaje:

Are you lying for jesus again neotic? how do you know that the OP will educate my ignorance without reading it

lie for Jesus? why would I? . . . . . . . . u dont need rocket science to know that Jesus fulfilled several prophecies in the bible?

Can you show me the lies I googled up. . . .pls show me what the lies are. . . . .it shouldn't be a difficult thing for you to do. . . . .

eveything u googled up is a LIE. . . , . it is based on ur preconceived notion that the prophecies are not true, as such u are LYING
Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by noetic15(m): 7:04pm On Oct 07, 2009
Abuzola:

@noetic, are u denying jesus being son of god ? And what about the wife ? Thinkz mr manz

what does it mean to be Son of God?
Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by mazaje(m): 7:10pm On Oct 07, 2009
noetic15:

lie for Jesus? why would I? . . . . . . . . u dont need rocket science to know that Jesus fulfilled several prophecies in the bible?

It does not even matter to me if jesus fulfılled any prophecies in the OT cos as far as I know the OT is also another book of myths just like the NT. . . .Jews not me have explained why Jesus did not fullfill most of what your fellow christians have said he fulfilled. . . jewish scholars and rabbıs said ıt not me unless ifd you are telling me that christians know the hebrew bible better than the jews themselves. . . . .

eveything u googled up is a LIE. . . , . it is based on your preconceived notion that the prophecies are not true, as such u are LYING

OK pls just point out just one of the lies and show me. . .blanket accusations will not do. . . . .
Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by noetic15(m): 7:30pm On Oct 07, 2009
mazaje:

It does not even matter to me if jesus fulfılled any prophecies in the OT cos as far as I know the OT is also another book of myths just like the NT. . . .Jews not me have explained why Jesus did not fullfill most of what your fellow christians have said he fulfilled. . . jewish scholars and rabbıs said ıt not me unless ifd you are telling me that christians know the hebrew bible better than the jews themselves. . . . .

OK pls just point out just one of the lies and show me. . .blanket accusations will not do. . . .

1. since u believe that the bible is a myth. . .must u also endorse the uninformed analysis of some quack rabbis to support ur false assertions?

2. ur first post is a big LIE . . . . .have u read Isaiah 7:14. . . .if u have then u would know that apart from the word "virgin", there are other words in that verse that establish that the said verse is talking about Jesus, . . . .the words include

a. Lord . . . . implying that God shall give a son

b. Son . . . the child is a male

c. conceive . . . . , which indicates His divine conception

d. Immanuel . . . . . . Jesus is called and known as Immanuel.

how many times do u want me to illustrate ur LIES? shocked shocked
Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by mazaje(m): 8:01pm On Oct 07, 2009
noetic15:

1. since u believe that the bible is a myth. . .must u also endorse the uninformed analysis of some quack rabbis to support your false assertions?

You have come again. . . . . . Actually the rabbi's know more about their torah than you no?. . . .your rejoinder makes me laugh in hebrew. . . .

2. your first post is a big LIE . . . . .have u read Isaiah 7:14. . . .if u have then u would know that apart from the word "virgin", there are other words in that verse that establish that the said verse is talking about Jesus, . . . .the words include

a. Lord . . . . implying that God shall give a son

NO such thing exist in that verse. . . .

b. Son . . . the child is a male

The seventh chapter of the Book of Isaiah begins by describing the military crisis that was confronting King Ahaz of the Kingdom of Judah.  In about the year 732 B.C.E. the House of David was facing imminent destruction at the hands of two warring kingdoms: the northern Kingdom of Israel and the Kingdom of Syria.  These two armies had laid siege to Jerusalem.  The Bible relates that the House of David and King Ahaz were gripped with fear.  Chapter seven relates how God sent the prophet Isaiah to reassure King Ahaz that divine protection was at hand. The Almighty would protect him, their deliverance was assured, and these two hostile armies would fail in their attempt to subjugate Jerusalem.  In Isaiah 7 we read,

, : "Let us go up against Judah and provoke it, and annex it to us; and let us crown a king in its midst, one who is good for us."  So said the Lord God, "Neither shall it succeed, nor shall it come to pass . . . ." ' "  The Lord continued to speak to Ahaz, saying, "Ask for yourself a sign from the Lord, your God; ask it either in the depths, or in the heights above."  Ahaz said, "I will not ask, and I will not test the Lord."  Then he said, "Listen now, O House of David, is it little for you to weary men, that you weary my God as well?  Therefore the Lord, of His own, shall give you a sign: Behold the young woman is with child, and she shall bear a son, and she shall call his name Immanuel.  Cream and honey he shall eat when he knows to reject bad and choose good; for, when the lad does not yet know to reject bad and choose good, the land whose two kings you dread, shall be abandoned."

It is clear from this chapter that Isaiah's declaration was a prophecy of the unsuccessful siege of Jerusalem by the two armies of the Kingdoms of Israel and Syria, not a virgin birth more than 700 years later.  If we interpret this chapter as referring to Jesus' birth, what possible comfort and assurance would Ahaz, who was surrounded by to overwhelming military enemies, have found in the birth of a child seven centuries later?  Both he and his people would have been long dead and buried.  Such a sign would make no sense.

conceive . . . . , which indicates His divine conception

False. . . . .We see, in II Kings 15-16, that this prophecy was fulfilled when these two kings were suddenly assassinated.  With an understanding of the context of Isaiah 7:14 alone, it is evident that the child born in Isaiah 7:14 is not referring to Jesus or to any future virgin birth.  Rather, it is referring to the divine protection that Ahaz and his people would enjoy from their impending destruction at the hands of these two enemies, the northern Kingdom of Israel and Syria.

Immanuel . . . . . . Jesus is called and known as Immanuel.

This ıs false jesus was called the son of man or son of god not immanuel. . . . can you show me any passage in the NT where jesus was addressed as immanuel?

how many times do u want me to illustrate your LIES? shocked shocked

You only ended up embarassing yourself by spewing more lies. . . .
Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by mazaje(m): 8:03pm On Oct 07, 2009
Abuzola:

[b] Quran 5

110. (Remember) when Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection). "O 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Remember My Favour to you and to your mother when I supported you with Ruh-ul-Qudus [Jibrael (Gabriel)] so that you spoke to the people in the cradle and in maturity; and when I taught you writing, Al-Hikmah (the power of understanding), the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel); and when you made out of the clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My Permission, and you breathed into it, and it became a bird by My Permission, and you healed those born blind, and the lepers by My Permission, and when you brought forth the dead by My Permission; and when I restrained the Children of Israel from you (when they resolved to kill you) since you came unto them with clear proofs, and the disbelievers among them said: 'This is nothing but evident magic.' "

111. And when I (Allah) put in the hearts of Al-Hawarieen (the disciples) [of 'Iesa (Jesus)] to believe in Me and My Messenger, they said: "We believe. And bear witness that we are Muslims."

112. (Remember) when Al-Hawariun (the disciples) said: "O 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Can your Lord send down to us a table spread (with food) from heaven?" 'Iesa (Jesus) said: "Fear Allah, if you are indeed believers."

113. They said: "We wish to eat thereof and to be stronger in Faith, and to know that you have indeed told us the truth and that we ourselves be its witnesses."

114. 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), said: "O Allah, our Lord! Send us from heaven a table spread (with food) that there may be for us - for the first and the last of us - a festival and a sign from You; and provide us sustenance, for You are the Best of sustainers."

115. Allah said: "I am going to send it down unto you, but if any of you after that disbelieves, then I will punish him with a torment such as I have not inflicted on anyone among (all) the 'Alamin (mankind and jinns)."

116. And (remember) when Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection): "O 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Did you say unto men: 'Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allah?' " He will say: "Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner-self though I do not know what is in Yours, truly, You, only You, are the All-Knower of all that is hidden and unseen.

117. "Never did I say to them aught except what You (Allah) did command me to say: 'Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.' And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them, but when You took me up, You were the Watcher over them, and You are a Witness to all things. (This is a great admonition and warning to the Christians of the whole world).

118. "If You punish them, they are Your slaves, and if You forgive them, verily You, only You are the All-Mighty, the All-Wise ."

119. Allah will say: "This is a Day on which the truthful will profit from their truth: theirs are Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise) - they shall abide therein forever. Allah is pleased with them and they with Him. That is the great success (Paradise).

120. To Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all that is therein, and He is Able to do all things. [/b]

What is this
Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by noetic15(m): 8:07pm On Oct 07, 2009
mazaje:

You have come again. . . . . . Actually the rabbi's know more about their torah than you no?. . . .your rejoinder makes me laugh in hebrew. . . .

NO such thing exist in that verse. . . .

False. . . . .We see, in II Kings 15-16, that this prophecy was fulfilled when these two kings were suddenly assassinated.  With an understanding of the context of Isaiah 7:14 alone, it is evident that the child born in Isaiah 7:14 is not referring to Jesus or to any future virgin birth.  Rather, it is referring to the divine protection that Ahaz and his people would enjoy from their impending destruction at the hands of these two enemies, the northern Kingdom of Israel and Syria.

This ıs false jesus was called the son of man or son of god not immanuel. . . . can you show me any passage in the NT where jesus was addressed as immanuel?

You only ended up embarassing yourself by spewing more lies. . . .

it is amazing that mazaje will spun more lies and even attempt to use the "mythical" bible and torah to prove his lies , . . , can u in one sentence just state why Isaiah 7:14 was not refering to JEsus?
Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by noetic15(m): 8:10pm On Oct 07, 2009
abuzola, are u mad? shocked why are u spamming? grin
Re: Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ by Abuzola(m): 8:20pm On Oct 07, 2009
pARDON ME SIR

(1) (2) (Reply)

Read A Daily Devotional Online / Shiloh 2011! Waves Of Glory / War In The Church, Against TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 195
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.