Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,678 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

How To Remove A Bug From Your Ear - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Remove A Bug From Your Ear (2526 Views)

Little Girl Dies Of Ear Infection After 3 Lagos Hospitals Failed To Treat Her / Please How Much Does It Cost To Remove A Teeth In Lagos / My Left Ear Has Been Blocked For 4 Days Now... Help!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Remove A Bug From Your Ear by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 05, 2016
A bug in an ear can be quite scary.
Bugs, such as moths, cockroaches,
ladybugs, and beetles, can crawl
into ears while you sleep or during outdoor activities.Entomologists suspect that bugs crawl into ear
canals to keep warm or keep safe.
Whatever the reason, a bug in the
ear is no fun. You will need to
remove the insect to avoid hearing
loss, ear damage, and infection.

Preparing For Removal

1. Identify if you have a bug in your ear.
Your ears can be sensitive for many reasons. They can be tender because of allergies or weather changes. If you have a bug in your ear, you may experience
pain, swelling, blood, and crackling. You may even feel biting or stinging.You may also experience hearing loss or dizziness.

2. Stay calm!
While a bug in the ear may be scary, it is best to stay calm in this
situation. Being too active may
lodge the bug further in your
ear or cause it to crawl further
back, or cause damage to the
sensitive inner ear or eardrum.

3. Avoid using tools in your ear.
You do not want to jam the bug further in your ear
or risk accidentally hurting
yourself further. There are a lot
of nerve endings in the ear. You
can damage these nerves by
using tools such as cotton swabs or tweezers. Do not try and pry the bug out.

4. Locate the bug.
If the bug has crawled all the way against your eardrum, you may want to consider a trip to your doctor to remove it. Have someone shine a flashlight or a lighted magnifying glass in your ear to attempt to locate and identify the creature. This can help to diagnose the bugs location as well as the type of bug.

5. Get into a comfortable position.
To set up for removal, you want to get into a comfortable position. This
might be sitting somewhere comfortable with your head tilted to the side so that you or a friend can easily access the ear. You might find it comfortable to lay on your side with your ear facing the ceiling.

*Removing the Bug

1.Wiggle the affected ear.
One way to try to remove a bug in your ear is to use gravity. Tilt your ear toward the ground and attempt to wiggle your ear. Grasp the pinna (outer part of the ear) and give it a wiggle.If the bug is not too far into your ear canal, it may fall out on its own.

2. Let the bug make its way out on its own. If the bug is still alive and is not too far inside of the ear canal, it may simply come out on its own. If you stay calm and keep objects (like fingers) away from your ears, there is a chance that the bug will find its way back out of
your ear.

3. Flush the ear with warm water with a dropper or a bulb syringe.
Hold your head upright and stretch the earcanal by pulling the outer ear. Put a steady stream of warm
water into your ear. Tilt your
head to the side to drain out your ear. Do not irrigate your ear if you think your ear drum has been ruptured to avoid causing additional damage.

4. Use mineral oil to kill the bug.
Use a drop or two of mineral, baby, or olive oil inside your ear canal to kill the insect. This can help you to avoid stinging or eardrum rupture from scratching or biting.

5. Go to a doctor for suction. A doctor or medical professional can use a special suction device,commonly used to remove ear wax, to attempt to remove the bug. This may be dangerous to try on your own, so make sure you visit an emergency room or urgent care
clinic an allow a professional to
remove the bug for you.
Re: How To Remove A Bug From Your Ear by Julietcutie(f): 11:41pm On Sep 05, 2016
nice tips... d time a small roach entered one of my ears just told my friend to put Ear Drops and it killed the bug inside my ears ...it was freaky but d next day I got it out
Re: How To Remove A Bug From Your Ear by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 06, 2016
Julietcutie:
nice tips... d time a small roach entered one of my ears just told my friend to put Ear Drops and it killed the bug inside my ears ...it was freaky but d next day I got it out
Good to know.. But bug are different from bug.
Some bugs have choko! :-)
Re: How To Remove A Bug From Your Ear by Julietcutie(f): 1:49am On Sep 06, 2016
royalvalentine19:
Good to know.. But bug are different from bug. Some bugs have choko! :-)
lol WATS choko
Re: How To Remove A Bug From Your Ear by Nobody: 4:47am On Sep 06, 2016
Choko milo
Re: How To Remove A Bug From Your Ear by chriskosherbal(m): 4:56am On Sep 06, 2016
I see
Re: How To Remove A Bug From Your Ear by dominique(f): 6:30am On Sep 06, 2016
It is very obvious that you did not compose this yourself, include your source pls
Re: How To Remove A Bug From Your Ear by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 06, 2016
dominique:
It is very obvious that you did not compose this yourself, include your source pls
what are you trying to insinuate.. NL people would never seize to amuse me. Lol
Re: How To Remove A Bug From Your Ear by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 06, 2016
Julietcutie:

lol WATS choko
it just a nigerian word used instead of insanity/stubborn.. There is nothing special about it.
Re: How To Remove A Bug From Your Ear by Julietcutie(f): 4:34pm On Sep 06, 2016
royalvalentine19:
it just a nigerian word used instead of insanity/stubborn.. There is nothing special about it.
oh OK

1 Like

Re: How To Remove A Bug From Your Ear by PharmaTimesng: 4:48pm On Sep 06, 2016
5 simple steps to removing a bug from ones ear:[color=#990000][/color]
1.Wiggle your ears. One way to try to remove a bug in your ear is to use gravity. ...
2.Let the bug make its way out on its own. ...
3.Flush the ear with warm water with a dropper or a bulb syringe. ...
4.Use mineral oil to kill the bug. ...
5.Go to a doctor for suction.

Re: How To Remove A Bug From Your Ear by dominique(f): 6:42pm On Sep 06, 2016
royalvalentine19:
what are you trying to insinuate.. NL people would never seize to amuse me. Lol

The way your post appeared looks like it was copied and pasted from somewhere. I was about to recommend it to front-page but I can't do that as no source is acknowledged.

Does this link look familiar to you?

http://m.wikihow.com/Remove-a-Bug-from-Your-Ear

Trying to take credit for someone else's intellectual property huh?
Re: How To Remove A Bug From Your Ear by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 06, 2016
i wasnt even eager to have it at the front page.. But well said, next time i will add where i got the piece from.. And mind you.. Most of the words were not actually mine. But its all well! bless you
Re: How To Remove A Bug From Your Ear by dailynaijanews(m): 12:50pm On Sep 10, 2016
Eleyi gidi gan ooo

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: Funeral Of 13 Years Old Ismail, Britain's Youngest Victim (Pics) / This Yoruba Herbs Cures My Typhoid Fever In 3 Days.. Here Is How To Prepare It / Bumps On The Penis Foreskin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.