Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,587 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

What A Shame Your Child Cant Speak Your Language - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What A Shame Your Child Cant Speak Your Language (531 Views)

@ Fulaman , What Is Your Opinion About Not Knowing How To Speak Your Native Lang / What Are Some Of The Weird And Funny Names In Your Language/Dialect? / Say Good Morning In Your Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What A Shame Your Child Cant Speak Your Language by Ogbeniadebayo(m): 12:48am On Sep 06, 2016
[b][/b]
Children of nowadays can't even speak their own Father/mother language ,while some understand but can not speak it, imagine a child said he has never heard of the word OLORUN B4.

.......OWOLABI MEANS--
.... ...WE GAVE BIRTH TO MONEY
Re: What A Shame Your Child Cant Speak Your Language by barackodam: 1:48am On Sep 06, 2016
no be today
Re: What A Shame Your Child Cant Speak Your Language by Nobody: 2:39am On Sep 06, 2016
It's the effect of globalization. The good part is they can sit and relate intellectually with the white man because their English language vocabulary is impeccable. I personally believe parents should teach a child to at least understand their language because it gives the child a starting point to learning it later in life. In my household only the three first older children can speak the dialect fluently however we all understand it. I've learned and unlearned how to speak the language in times passed but one thing I know is if I run back to my village for whatever reason I can always locate my way to our ancestral house and survive like one of the natives.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

6 Points to Note About Gay & Lesbian Rights In Africa & Nigeria / Suicide Bombers Are Going To Hell Says Sultan / Pan-afrikanists Honours Fela Anikulapo Kuti With Annual Felaposium 2016!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.