Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:36 AM

Website Or Software Programming? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Website Or Software Programming? (1157 Views)

Software Programming / Script Or Software For Daily Contribution Biz / Programmer Or Software Developer To Build An E-learning Portal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Or Software Programming? by Fedric(m): 5:29am On Sep 06, 2016
the great programmers in the house, i would like to ask you all this question.

which aspect of programming pays better, website programming OR software programming?

are you a website or software developer? am a newbie like me and for the benefit of others who want to go in to programming.
Re: Website Or Software Programming? by Donald3d(m): 6:43am On Sep 06, 2016
Fedric:
the great programmers in the house, i would like to ask you all this question.

which aspect of programming pays better, website programming OR software programming?

are you a website or software developer? am a newbie like me and for the benefit of others who want to go in to programming.
That would actually be a difficult question to answer(which pays more) , but the truth is if you learn the basics of programming ground up you would be able to build a website , but if you just learn web development you might not be able to do software development ,so its just a case of learning something that would give you knowledge in both fields then you make money from both wink wink wink
Re: Website Or Software Programming? by Fedric(m): 7:10am On Sep 06, 2016
Donald3d:
That would actually be a difficult question to answer(which pays more) , but the truth is if you learn the basics of programming ground up you would be able to build a website , but if you just learn web development you might not be able to do software development ,so its just a case of learning something that would give you knowledge in both fields then you make money from both wink wink wink
thanks for ur input, i wait others comment.
Re: Website Or Software Programming? by Fedric(m): 7:18am On Sep 06, 2016
Donald3d:
ok for someone who is new to programming and want to be both websit and software developer, what language do u advice he should learn?
Re: Website Or Software Programming? by Donald3d(m): 8:08am On Sep 06, 2016
Fedric:
ok for someone who is new to programming and want to be both websit and software developer, what language do u advice he should learn?
First of all learn html , then proceed to css, then Javascript,then python, all the aforementioned are more like writing in plain english,it should take you about 2 weeks to be up and running not an expert(for html, css and javascript) , you can also be up and running with Python in about 2 months , then you can move unto other languages like C-based languages and Java (Learning this would be easy since you already have a considerably strong foundation.
Re: Website Or Software Programming? by VenantCode(m): 10:23am On Sep 06, 2016
Donald3d:
First of all learn html , then proceed to css, then Javascript,then python, all the aforementioned are more like writing in plain english,it should take you about 2 weeks to be up and running not an expert(for html, css and javascript) , you can also be up and running with Python in about 2 months , then you can move unto other languages like C-based languages and Java (Learning this would be easy since you already have a considerably strong foundation.
in addition to this wonderful answer, I want to stress taking time to learn algorithm, software architectures and design patterns. Since I tend to favour javascript i would say spend 5 months learning javascript (vanila javascript, NodeJs, frameworks and libraries like Angular2) cool
Re: Website Or Software Programming? by Gigilis: 4:00pm On Apr 30, 2020
Hello everyone, thanks for a great post. Many of you have probably seen and heard that you can use pardot implementation partners. So you can improve the quality of your work and the work of the people around you. So familiarize yourself with this.

(1) (Reply)

How To Create A Free .com Website / [hiring] [remote] Looking For Full-time Software Engineers / The Federal Polytechnic Bida Campus App (android App)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.