Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

I Was Mobbed And beaten up like a criminal - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Mobbed And beaten up like a criminal (623 Views)

Man Tied To Stake And Beaten By Angry Youths For Raping 7-year-old Girl In Warri / Man Beaten Up By Policemen In The Presence Of His Lady In Port-Harcourt. Photos / Policeman Mobbed And Beaten In Ekiti By Angry Youths After Shooting Unarmed Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Was Mobbed And beaten up like a criminal by Donshemzy1234: 9:37am On Sep 06, 2016
At exactly 9pm on the 5th of September 2016 I left my place of work and headed home because it's already late. Unfortunately I was arrested by some group of people (landowners) at exactly a street next to mine and was seriously beating up by them. It wasn't really funny as I was just walking gently (my normal way) dressed in a top and a trouser without holding anything not even my phone because it was dead before I left home. As I was passing by in the street one of the landlords shined his phone torchlight on my face and others joined by beating me up they even threatened to kill me, with surprise I asked what is it that have done wrong that demands for this kind of beating? It was then that a semiliterate part of them explained to me that thieves have been tormenting them for a long time. Was vexed that how will I be arrested and beating up as a thief when I was never one. Almost immediately at that moment I cited someone I knew from my own street and he told them that am not a thief and that my house is right behind his house. Oh no they did not listen to him and was told to leave in other not to be beaten together with me. At this moment I think their plans to arrange and beat up every unknown faces is clearly evident. (As the same thing was done with another guy). It's very clear, I wasn't asked any question, wasn't found with any dangerous weapon, my dressing was ok, was just arrested and beating up Ilegally like a thief and was later asked to leave when found not guilty. Right now I think I can perceive the pains felt by so many people specifically Nigerians that have been arrested, imprisoned, some even killed for the offense they did not commit. Oh no this has to stop specifically in nigeria. There are so many people out there that have been punished for the offense they did not commit. This is bad and has to stop.
Re: I Was Mobbed And beaten up like a criminal by mfm04622: 8:26pm On Sep 06, 2016
Donshemzy1234:
At exactly 9pm on the 5th of September 2016 I left my place of work and headed home because it's already late. Unfortunately I was arrested by some group of people (landowners) at exactly a street next to mine and was seriously beating up by them. It wasn't really funny as I was just walking gently (my normal way) dressed in a top and a trouser without holding anything not even my phone because it was dead before I left home. As I was passing by in the street one of the landlords shined his phone torchlight on my face and others joined by beating me up they even threatened to kill me, with surprise I asked what is it that have done wrong that demands for this kind of beating? It was then that a semiliterate part of them explained to me that thieves have been tormenting them for a long time. Was vexed that how will I be arrested and beating up as a thief when I was never one. Almost immediately at that moment I cited someone I knew from my own street and he told them that am not a thief and that my house is right behind his house. Oh no they did not listen to him and was told to leave in other not to be beaten together with me. At this moment I think their plans to arrange and beat up every unknown faces is clearly evident. (As the same thing was done with another guy). It's very clear, I wasn't asked any question, wasn't found with any dangerous weapon, my dressing was ok, was just arrested and beating up Ilegally like a thief and was later asked to leave when found not guilty. Right now I think I can perceive the pains felt by so many people specifically Nigerians that have been arrested, imprisoned, some even killed for the offense they did not commit. Oh no this has to stop specifically in nigeria. There are so many people out there that have been punished for the offense they did not commit. This is bad and has to stop.
a
Look, don't leave them for God ooo. If you can recognise any of them, you have 2 options. The one I will recommend is suing the one you can recognise for assault on battery. Since the is is landlord, ask for millions of Naira. The other Is to report them to police and ensure they are charged for assault and battery which is a crime.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Epe Kidnap Update: Abductors Reduce Ransom On Sick Student To N1m, Others N3.5m / You Will Not Believe Where This Baby Was Found (PHOTO) / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.