Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,792 members, 7,813,622 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

Ugwuanyi Commissions Shalom Science And Technology Academy - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ugwuanyi Commissions Shalom Science And Technology Academy (12289 Views)

Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student / Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) / A Nairalander's Visit To Shalom Science and Technology Academy (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ugwuanyi Commissions Shalom Science And Technology Academy by Babangida70(m): 9:16am On Sep 07, 2016
Pavore9:

it is privately owned, the Governor only went to commission it.

Tell him o

1 Like

Re: Ugwuanyi Commissions Shalom Science And Technology Academy by Phonefanatic: 9:17am On Sep 07, 2016
WorkSmartEdu:

Don't choke on jealousy ooh. A journey of a thousand miles starts with a step and to me this is more than a step, it is a giant stride!

I'm so ashamed me applaud mediocre projects even when the same amount budgeted will build you something twice better elsewhere. Until you leave the shores of the country only then will you understand what I'm saying.
Re: Ugwuanyi Commissions Shalom Science And Technology Academy by vickjoeobi(m): 9:19am On Sep 07, 2016
Babangida70:

Don't say what you know nothing about.....
Go and checkout the government schools before coming here to talk gibberish.....

Please everything am saying here is verifyable. We are not talking of higher institution but secondary school level.
Re: Ugwuanyi Commissions Shalom Science And Technology Academy by Babangida70(m): 9:21am On Sep 07, 2016
vickjoeobi:

Please everything am saying here is verifyable. We are not talking of higher institution but secondary school level.

Verifiable??
I have got backup images to my own claims........
Don't rely on media propaganda bro...... Go and see things for ur self.
Oga landlord, travel and see
Re: Ugwuanyi Commissions Shalom Science And Technology Academy by WorkSmartEdu: 9:22am On Sep 07, 2016
Phonefanatic:

I'm so ashamed me applaud mediocre projects even when the same amount budgeted will build you something twice better elsewhere. Until you leave the shores of the country only then will you understand what I'm saying.

Shut up and don't commit suicide over what you don't even know. You call this mediocre? Jealousy kills my friend!

1 Like

Re: Ugwuanyi Commissions Shalom Science And Technology Academy by vickjoeobi(m): 9:23am On Sep 07, 2016
Babangida70:

Verifiable??
I have got backup images to my own claims........
Don't rely on media propaganda bro...... Go and see things for ur self.
Oga landlord, travel and see

Please Oga, my Images are here, feel free to open your own thread and post your own image.
Again, am not relying on media propaganda, its a first hand verified information.
Re: Ugwuanyi Commissions Shalom Science And Technology Academy by vickjoeobi(m): 9:25am On Sep 07, 2016
Phonefanatic:

WorkSmartEdu:

Shut up and don't commit suicide over what you don't even know. You call this mediocre? Jealousy kills my friend!

This is simply one of the reason why our country never move forward. Instead of people to appreciate good work and praise it, they always backlash it, to discourage other people from embarking on such.

Thanks @WorkSmartEdu

1 Like

Re: Ugwuanyi Commissions Shalom Science And Technology Academy by Phonefanatic: 9:26am On Sep 07, 2016
WorkSmartEdu:

I'm surprised you call it jealousy grin. I'm sure you will kill if someone sells you a fake item for twice the price of original.
Be there clapping while real technology is advancing elsewhere.
Re: Ugwuanyi Commissions Shalom Science And Technology Academy by Babangida70(m): 9:34am On Sep 07, 2016
vickjoeobi:

Please Oga, my Images are here, feel free to open your own thread and post your own image.
Again, am not relying on media propaganda, its a first hand verified information.

My question to you is, how many of the government owned secondary schools in Enugu have you visited?

The pictures I attached here were taken at government technical college Enugu...... A school located in the heart of the town opposite polo park/Mall Enugu.

Go and verify!!!

Re: Ugwuanyi Commissions Shalom Science And Technology Academy by WorkSmartEdu: 9:36am On Sep 07, 2016
vickjoeobi:

This is simply one of the reason why our country never move forward. Instead of people to appreciate good work and praise it, they always backlash it, to discourage other people from embarking on such.

Thanks @WorkSmartEdu

Don't mind the loner. Good Job to you for proper investigative journalism and following this project to the end. He is comparing this innovative Private Science and Technology Secondary school to the British University Technical college or developed countries science and technology secondary schools without considering how many years ago these schools started. The most important thing I get from all this is that at least there is now a private managed Science and Technology secondary school. The sky can only be their starting point and I wish them all the best. I really want to go back to secondary school in SSTAC... wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ugwuanyi Commissions Shalom Science And Technology Academy by nell2: 9:59am On Sep 07, 2016
Pavore9:
Impressive. They could in the future liaise with the Flying school in Emene to offer aviation courses so that those who are interested will be getting their Private Pilot Licences (PPLs) as they are finishing with their S.S.3 exams.
hmmm .Emene my hood

2 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Commissions Shalom Science And Technology Academy by Pavore9: 10:05am On Sep 07, 2016
nell2:
hmmm .Emene my hood

Its been years l have last been there, l visited last when my cousin was working at the Annunciation Hospital there.

3 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Commissions Shalom Science And Technology Academy by Ofemannnu: 10:13am On Sep 07, 2016
Babangida70:
It's quite a shame that we celebrate mediocrity in this country.....
Our useless politicians are just good in taking photos and roaming around the country looking for new projects to commission while the old ones rots away.
The pictures I posted here are from "Government technical college" in Enugu state.

The school is located at the heart of Enugu town and yet the eye of Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi always goes blind anytime he passes around the school.

A school where over 200 students are packed like sardines in just one classroom and some even sits outside to write their exams ..... A school where the structures and infrastructure s have decayed....... A school where the Enugu state government deemed it to channel all the flood waters through it and not even closing the gutters.........

It's really a big shame that the same Enugu state government is already out there commissioning new ones while the old ones owned by the government rots away.

"A goat that is owned by the public dies of hunger"

cry
Bad.

1 Like

Re: Ugwuanyi Commissions Shalom Science And Technology Academy by musicwriter(m): 11:32am On Sep 07, 2016
This's probably the first tangible long term effort to diversify the Nigerian economy. But, I'm not seeing pictures of serious chemistry, physics, biology laboratory.

There're only two ways such school would achieve its goal of helping children conceptualize science:-

(1). Must have world class labs.
(2). Must teach in our native Igbo language.

Anything outside this wouldn't make any difference in the output (students) coming out from other Nigerian schools.

1 Like

Re: Ugwuanyi Commissions Shalom Science And Technology Academy by vickjoeobi(m): 11:46am On Sep 07, 2016
musicwriter:
This's probably the first tangible long term effort to diversify the Nigerian economy. But, I'm not seeing pictures of serious chemistry, physics, biology laboratory.

There're only two ways such school would achieve its goal of helping children conceptualize science:-

Anything outside this wouldn't make any difference in the output (students) coming out from other Nigerian schools.

Thanks brother, I appreciate your post a lot.
Firstly the school is only starting out for JSS1 students and all the equipments needed are available. The automobile workshop even have a car there to enable them begin identifying basic car components and basic troubleshooting at such young age.
secondly, the native language is included in the curriculum.
Thanks for your rational comment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ugwuanyi Commissions Shalom Science And Technology Academy by WorkSmartEdu: 12:28pm On Sep 07, 2016
musicwriter:

Very excellent effort for the long term good of the society. I only hope the minister of science and technology can begin to recognise such efforts and not just saying produce pencil in 2017. I saw from the pictures that the school has very nice laboratories, but I understand what you mean. They would need very up to date laboratory and workshop equipment which I can only hope that the governor took into cognisance when he commissioned the place because those latte machines and compound microscope equipment don't come cheap. Anyway seeing that the school is starting from JSS1, they have more than enough to begin impact.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Apply For The University College London Scholarship (Nigerians Accepted) / Adekunle Ajasin University Post Ume Result Is Out / Bayero University Post-utme 2012/2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.