Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,747 members, 7,813,451 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student (19028 Views)

Enugu Student Wins INCEED And SPACE Global Award 2020 / Shalom Academy Nsukka Student Makes 9 A1s In The Just Released WAEC. / Jss1 Students Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Develops An Innovative Device. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by vickjoeobi(m): 4:16am On Dec 20, 2016
Good Day my fellow nairalanders. Earlier this year and again in September, I brought you information on this forum about the first private science, computer and technology secondary school in Nigeria called Shalom Science and Technology Academy (SSTAC). In fact, the school was actually commissioned by His Excellency Governor IfeanyiUgwuanyi (GburuGburu) in September 2016. Many people made remarks, some positive, some negative and some on the border line of doubt. Well last week, as the first term was coming to an end, I got a call from the school, that I should come and check out an innovation which the Engineering Department of the secondary school built, that will revolutionalise our mobile phone usage. They call it, The rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger. I turned up on Monday the 12/12/2016 and meet with the Director of Admin of the school
The device was produced by the schools Engineering department which houses the “Basic Technology” workshop and “Automobile and Mechanics” workshop which they have here in their our school.
The device which is a bit similar but different from power banks will be used in charging our electronics devices, If there is light, then you can plug in your rechargeable mobile charger and it charges your phone as well as recharges. When the light goes off, then it charges your mobile device as if there was light.
This is a wonderful innovation that should be praised and supported especially when the idea is coming from JSS1 students and they are properly guided by their technology teacher.
They further said that there is plan to commercialize the product after further constructions to make it sleek and create a design for it.
Find below the Images and an excerpt of my interview with the director of Admin.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by vickjoeobi(m): 4:18am On Dec 20, 2016
MORE PICTURES
NB: The device was not fully shown because it has not undergone patent. This is to avoid Copy Cat. I will fully display the device after the design and launching.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by Nobody: 4:20am On Dec 20, 2016
Buhari will not see this, but if it is climate change he will fly there

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by vickjoeobi(m): 4:20am On Dec 20, 2016
Interview with the Director of Admin.
Your School invited me to come and see and witness a new product?
You are first of all welcome. We invited you because we developed (innovated) a new product that we really don’t think is available at the moment, but it is an important innovation especially in a society like ours that is dealing with haphazard power supply.
What is this product?
It is a “rechargeable mobile phone charger”or “rechargeable mobile device charger” which our Engineering Department innovatively produced.
Engineering Department?

Yes I know you were wondering what an engineering department has to do with a secondary school. The reality is, we have grouped our facilities in such a way that it represents exactly what it does. So our Engineering department houses “Basic Technology” workshop and “Automobile and Mechanics” workshop which we have here in our school.
When you say rechargeable mobile phone charger what do you mean?
Thank you for that question, because in essence what we have produced here at SSTAC is what we know today as a power bank but we have also incorporated into a phone charger, therefore it eliminates the need for an external power bank hence saving users money, time and the stress of carrying around bulky items. Now what we have successfully done here, is what I predict that before 5years time, mobile phone producers will begin to incorporate into mobile phone chargers. But we are the first to have successfully built it to the best of my knowledge. We have not reinvented the wheel, but we have taken the wheel and innovated upon it.
So you are saying that with this, I don’t need to buy a N5,000 power bank for my phone?
That is exactly what I am saying. Now imagine in a society like ours, where constant electricity has become elusive for so long and every mobile phone or every portable device came with rechargeable chargers, the need for power banks will be drastically reduced. For example, a few years ago, mobile phones did not have cameras, but today nobody or majority of the people do not buy cameras anymore because of the cameras on our phones which most times have better pixels than stand-alone cameras. In every engineering project or I should say project in general, the first question is functionality. If the product functions then you can begin to work things like aesthetics, durability etc. We have ran a few tests on this product and it functions. So over the next coming weeks we will be working further on improving this product and designing a potable package for it.
So what is the technology behind it?
Hahaha of course you don’t expect me to answer that do you? But I will tell you this. If there is light, then you can plug in your rechargeable mobile charger and it charges your phone as well as recharges. When the light goes off, then it charges your mobile device as if there was light.
So is this the sort of Innovations you will be doing in your school?
Absolutely! As you know, I am a British Trained Mechanical Engineer, so things like this make me happy and I feel in my comfort zone working on projects like this. The mission of the school is clearly stated “Developing Nigeria Scientifically and technologically, through early exposure of children to basic scientific and technological concepts”. So that is what SSTAC does. We have so many innovative minds out there and having a wonderful place like this where such ideas can be put to work and brought to reality is what a society like ours need. I can assure you that the “SSTAC Farmers Department”, “SSTAC JETS (Science) Department, The “SSTAC Wiz Kids (ICT) department” and others are working on fabulous innovations and inventions. I think next year, there will be a Summer Camp held in SSTAC for Kids based on Technology and Robotics. This I hope will be open to all who meet the criteria but for now it’s still in the planning stage.
My Conclusion.
Wonderful…This is serious o. If a school can start from early on to set a bench mark for itself and to revolutionalise what we know as Education especially secondary school education, then maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel . Hmmmm a school that trains students to begin to look at our society and begin to create or proffer solutions to it’s numerous problems, then I am hopeful. If I was of secondary school age, God knows I will do anything to be in that school.
If you want to contact the school Feel free to call them on 09099256745 or 08037786597 or visit their website on www.sstac.sch.ng. They admit students only from JSS1 (Year 7) and it is a boarding only secondary school. Pictures Below:

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by vickjoeobi(m): 4:22am On Dec 20, 2016
This is a great innovation that needs to be encouraged to Move this our great Nation forwward.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by ournewspoint: 4:23am On Dec 20, 2016
vickjoeobi:
This is a great innovation that needs to be encouraged to Move this our great Nation forwward.

You are so right brother.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by vickjoeobi(m): 4:25am On Dec 20, 2016
EastGold:

hahahahahah, LWKMD so right.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by Kondomatic(m): 6:52am On Dec 20, 2016
EastGold:
like he understands what they say there.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by MilesLamar(m): 8:57am On Dec 20, 2016
Wooow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by Richiez(m): 9:43am On Dec 20, 2016
Wow! i'm impressed...every state in Nigeria should have something like this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by herzern(m): 10:06am On Dec 20, 2016
Welcome development.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 20, 2016
grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by TINALETC3(f): 10:07am On Dec 20, 2016
Nice one coming 4rm home

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by Chipappii(m): 10:08am On Dec 20, 2016
vickjoeobi:
Good Day my fellow nairalanders. Earlier this year and again in September, I brought you information on this forum about the first private science, computer and technology secondary school in Nigeria called Shalom Science and Technology Academy (SSTAC). In fact, the school was actually commissioned by His Excellency Governor IfeanyiUgwuanyi (GburuGburu) in September 2016. Many people made remarks, some positive, some negative and some on the border line of doubt. Well last week, as the first term was coming to an end, I got a call from the school, that I should come and check out an innovation which the Engineering Department of the secondary school built, that will revolutionalise our mobile phone usage. They call it, The rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger. I turned up on Monday the 12/12/2016 and meet with the Director of Admin of the school
The device was produced by the schools Engineering department which houses the “Basic Technology” workshop and “Automobile and Mechanics” workshop which they have here in their our school.
The device which is a bit similar but different from power banks will be used in charging our electronics devices, If there is light, then you can plug in your rechargeable mobile charger and it charges your phone as well as recharges. When the light goes off, then it charges your mobile device as if there was light.
This is a wonderful innovation that should be praised and supported especially when the idea is coming from JSS1 students and they are properly guided by their technology teacher.
They further said that there is plan to commercialize the product after further constructions to make it sleek and create a design for it.
Find below the Images and an excerpt of my interview with the director of Admin.

Ah ah, na power bank naa or what is the difference?

10 Likes

Re: Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by prince985(m): 10:08am On Dec 20, 2016
b
Re: Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by harrysterol(m): 10:09am On Dec 20, 2016

1 Like

Re: Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by sakalisis(m): 10:10am On Dec 20, 2016
Cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by Kenshinmunac(m): 10:10am On Dec 20, 2016
This is very nice. My pickin must go better expensive school.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by SweetJoystick(m): 10:10am On Dec 20, 2016
Kudos to them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by SexyNairalander: 10:12am On Dec 20, 2016
a welcome development I must say

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by Zi: 10:12am On Dec 20, 2016
Advert! Advert! Free Avert!!!!

Is it those saws and hammers hanging on the wall that they used to "develop" the sumtin??
Abegi, the school should cool down and grow first before this unnecessary attention! undecided

Modified: Before I reply to any quote, lemme first ask the OP to put a picture of the circuit diagram of their "innovation".
What of the voltage or current sensor? No capacitor, no resistor, no transistor. Just "innovation!"

Biko, I understand the school putting a lot of effort in Science and Engineering, but let them grow first, before seeking attention.
Propaganda and emotions don't sell in the real world.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by patchsk(f): 10:12am On Dec 20, 2016
Buhari the dullard won't appreciate this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by KINGwax007(m): 10:12am On Dec 20, 2016
So, how is it different from a power bank?

Don't tell me, I knw...

because they gave it a new name: rechargeable mobile phone charger..

We will need to carry it around na ni

8 Likes

Re: Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by Swahili0(f): 10:13am On Dec 20, 2016
cool
Re: Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by Orikinla(m): 10:13am On Dec 20, 2016
Outstanding invention!
Amazing inventors.
MIT will give them scholarships.
They must not waste time in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by Elchappo: 10:13am On Dec 20, 2016
Umu Enugu ndi Oma..

if it was somewhere in the north, it would ve been "Teacher beheaded after science students accused teacher of blasphemy"...

Sincerely, the natural disaster of nigeria is the NORTH....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by pacino26(m): 10:13am On Dec 20, 2016
Good news. The best innovative ideas spring from young minds. Harnessing that potential continue to elude our educational curriculum. If this sch does that then am sure we will manufacture more than pencils in the coming yrs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by prince985(m): 10:13am On Dec 20, 2016
vickjoeobi:
Interview with the Director of Admin.
Your School invited me to come and see and witness a new product?
You are first of all welcome. We invited you because we developed (innovated) a new product that we really don’t think is available at the moment, but it is an important innovation especially in a society like ours that is dealing with haphazard power supply.
What is this product?
It is a “rechargeable mobile phone charger”or “rechargeable mobile device charger” which our Engineering Department innovatively produced.
Engineering Department?

Yes I know you were wondering what an engineering department has to do with a secondary school. The reality is, we have grouped our facilities in such a way that it represents exactly what it does. So our Engineering department houses “Basic Technology” workshop and “Automobile and Mechanics” workshop which we have here in our school.
When you say rechargeable mobile phone charger what do you mean?
Thank you for that question, because in essence what we have produced here at SSTAC is what we know today as a power bank but we have also incorporated into a phone charger, therefore it eliminates the need for an external power bank hence saving users money, time and the stress of carrying around bulky items. Now what we have successfully done here, is what I predict that before 5years time, mobile phone producers will begin to incorporate into mobile phone chargers. But we are the first to have successfully built it to the best of my knowledge. We have not reinvented the wheel, but we have taken the wheel and innovated upon it.
So you are saying that with this, I don’t need to buy a N5,000 power bank for my phone?
That is exactly what I am saying. Now imagine in a society like ours, where constant electricity has become elusive for so long and every mobile phone or every portable device came with rechargeable chargers, the need for power banks will be drastically reduced. For example, a few years ago, mobile phones did not have cameras, but today nobody or majority of the people do not buy cameras anymore because of the cameras on our phones which most times have better pixels than stand-alone cameras. In every engineering project or I should say project in general, the first question is functionality. If the product functions then you can begin to work things like aesthetics, durability etc. We have ran a few tests on this product and it functions. So over the next coming weeks we will be working further on improving this product and designing a potable package for it.
So what is the technology behind it?
Hahaha of course you don’t expect me to answer that do you? But I will tell you this. If there is light, then you can plug in your rechargeable mobile charger and it charges your phone as well as recharges. When the light goes off, then it charges your mobile device as if there was light.
So is this the sort of Innovations you will be doing in your school?
Absolutely! As you know, I am a British Trained Mechanical Engineer, so things like this make me happy and I feel in my comfort zone working on projects like this. The mission of the school is clearly stated “Developing Nigeria Scientifically and technologically, through early exposure of children to basic scientific and technological concepts”. So that is what SSTAC does. We have so many innovative minds out there and having a wonderful place like this where such ideas can be put to work and brought to reality is what a society like ours need. I can assure you that the “SSTAC Farmers Department”, “SSTAC JETS (Science) Department, The “SSTAC Wiz Kids (ICT) department” and others are working on fabulous innovations and inventions. I think next year, there will be a Summer Camp held in SSTAC for Kids based on Technology and Robotics. This I hope will be open to all who meet the criteria but for now it’s still in the planning stage.
My Conclusion.
Wonderful…This is serious o. If a school can start from early on to set a bench mark for itself and to revolutionalise what we know as Education especially secondary school education, then maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel . Hmmmm a school that trains students to begin to look at our society and begin to create or proffer solutions to it’s numerous problems, then I am hopeful. If I was of secondary school age, God knows I will do anything to be in that school.
If you want to contact the school Feel free to call them on 09099256745 or 08037786597 or visit their website on www.sstac.sch.ng. They admit students only from JSS1 (Year 7) and it is a boarding only secondary school. Pictures Below:
i hav nothing to say

i just want to annoy some idiots dat are too lazy to scroll down

1 Like

Re: Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 20, 2016
Igbos and brain !!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by goingape1: 10:16am On Dec 20, 2016
vickjoeobi:
you wrote all this long story just for a power bank undecided

5 Likes

Re: Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student by semid4lyfe(m): 10:17am On Dec 20, 2016
Not innovative. . . . .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Geography Vs Urban & Regional Planning: Which Should He Go For? / Plateau State University, Bokkos. Get Your Forms Now With Only Your Waec Result! / Covenant University Admission List Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.