Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,026 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Jesus Christ In Islam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ In Islam (2678 Views)

Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide / A Catholic Priest Celebrates Christ In A Traditional Way In Anambra / Betty Lasher Who Led Oyedepo To Christ In 1969 (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Christ In Islam by alfarouq(m): 3:11am On Sep 07, 2016
Before we begin, I will give you a primer on some of the Arabic words that I will use in my lecture today:

Allah: Literally means "the God", "the One who is deserving of worship".
Qur’an: The final scripture according to Muslim tradition; the final Word of God.
Sala Allahu ‘alihi was-Salaam: You may hear me use this phrase after mentioning the names of the prophets. It means "may the peace and blessings of God be upon him".

Introduction

Today’s lecture is intended as an educational discussion. But it will also be useful for us to learn about each others’ beliefs, because the scholars – past and present – have said, "The root cause of hatred is ignorance".

Jesus is known to the Muslims as ‘Issa – this is the name for Jesus that we have been given in our scriptures.

To Muslims, Jesus – or ‘Issa – is a saviour, a reformist, the Messiah (the anointed one), the "Word of God". He was elevated to heaven. He could cure the ill, raise the dead, fashion inanimate objects and blow life into them, all by the Will of God.

We believe that the one who disbelieves in Jesus is not a Muslim, because the person who disbelieves in one the prophets disbelieves in all of them. So Muslims believe in Jesus and in his message. His message was one with all the other messengers. In the Qur’an, it is said that God never sent a messenger to mankind except that he was sent with one warning: Worship Allah alone.

Muhammad (sala allahu ‘alihi was-Salaam) said:

"I am the most worthy of ‘Issa bin Marium in this life and in the hereafter." They (Sahaba) asked: "Why is that O Messenger of Allah (sala allahu ‘alihi was-Salaam)?"

He (sala allahu ‘alihi was-Salaam) replied: "The Prophets are paternal (bloodline) brethren (from fathers side). Their mothers may be different (races, peoples, bloodlines) yet their Deen is always one (Islam)." Reported by Bukhari and Muslim.

Therefore this necessitates that he who disputes the validity of one of the true Prophets and Messengers has in fact reviled and disputed all of them. One cannot believe in Muhammad (sala allahu ‘alihi was-Salaam) and not believe in ‘Issa (Alihi as-Salaam). Equally, one cannot truly believe in ‘Issa and not believe in Muhammad (sala allahu ‘alihi was-Salaam). To truly accept one Prophet or Messenger necessitates the acceptance of all those who came before him and all who will come after him, ending with Muhammad (sala allahu ‘alihi was-Salaam).

My lecture today will cover four main points:

1. Who was Mary – because before looking at Jesus in Islam, we must first recognise the status of Mary in Islam.
2. The immaculate conception.
3. The special traits sent to Jesus by Allah as a way of proving to all humanity of the truth of the essential divine
message.
4. The Muslim perspective on the crucifixion, and what came after.

1. Maryam (Mary) the daughter of ’Imran

Of the most poignant and telling mother-son relationships in the Quran is that of ‘Issa bin Marium (Alihi as-Salaam). For the first and last time in history a Prophet would not be addressed by his father’s name. Rather, he is referred to as Jesus the son of Mary.

To assess and grasp the true virtue of ‘Issa (Alihi as-Salaam) it is necessary to learn about his mother Marium ibnata ‘Imran (Alihi as-Salaam).

Mary’s mother grew to be of an old age, and became barren. She prayed to God for one final child, whom she would dedicate in God’s service. When she conceived in old age, she said as records to us in the Quran says:

"Allah chose Adam, Nuh (Noah), and the family of Ibrahim and the family of ‘Imran above the ‘Alameen (all creation during their respective times). Offspring, one of the other and Allah is the All-Hearer, All-Knowing.

(Remember) when the wife of ‘Imran said: ‘O my Lord! I have vowed to You what (the child that) is in my womb to be dedicated for your services (free from all worldly work and obligations; solely for your worship) so accept this from me. Verily you are the All-Hearer (You hear my Du‘a) and the All-Knowing (and you know my sincere intention in fulfilling this vow).’

Then when she gave birth to her (Marium), she said ‘O my Lord! I have given birth to a female child.’ – And Allah knew better what she brought forth (He is the Creator), - ‘And the male is not like the female, and I have named her Marium (literally = pure maidservant of Allah), and I seek refuge with You (Allah) for her and her offspring from the Shaytan (Satan), the outcast.’

So her Lord (Allah) accepted her with goodly acceptance. He made her grow in a good manner and put her under the care of Zakariyya (Prophet Zachary)." Ali-‘Imran 3:33-37

When Mary’s mother gave birth to Mary, she was saddened that the child was a girl. This was because, in Jewish tradition, there are very few religious acts of devotion that could be performed by a female. Of 514 daily acts of devotion, only 4 required of a Jewish woman.

She named her child Maryam, which means "the pure one", or "the one who is purified". Allah accepted the young female child into His service, and chose Zakariyyah – or Zacchariah – to be her caregiver. Zakariyyah was one of the prophets of Islam. He was chosen out of all of the scribes of his time, who were gathered together and instructed to throw their pens into a stream. They were told that whoever’s pen flowed against the current would be the child’s guardian. Zakariyyah’s pen was the one that flowed against the current.

Of Maryam, the Prophet Muhammad (sala Allahu ‘alihi was-Salaam) said: "Of men, many have attained completion with their Lord. But of women, there were four – Marium the daughter of ‘Imraan, Asiyah the wife of Pharoah, Khadeejah bint Khuwaylid and Fatimah the daughter of Muhammad." (Agreed Upon)

The Prophet Muhammad (sala Allahu ‘alihi was-Salaam) also said of Maryam, that when every child is born, the devil pricks the child at the time of its birth, and the child cries out, except for Maryam and her son.

Rasool ul Allah (sala Allahu ‘alihi was-Salaam) mentions: "No new born escapes the prick (touch) of the Shaytan at the time of their birth. (The touch is what) causes them to begin to scream. Only Marium and her son (escaped being molested by the Shaytan)." Reported through authentic narrations in the Musnad of al-Imam Ahmed and the Sahih of al-Imam Muslim.

Allah said in the Qur’an:

"And (remember) when the angels said: "O Maryam! Verily, Allah has chosen you, purified you (from polytheism and disbelief), and chosen you above the women of the ’?lam?n (mankind and jinn)." Qur’an – Surat ?l-Imr?n 3: 41
Thus, Maryam was chosen above all of humanity to bear ‘Issa.
Chapter 19 of the Qur’an is titled "Maryam", and is dedicated to her story and the immaculate conception.
Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by alfarouq(m): 3:12am On Sep 07, 2016
2. Immaculate conception

In the Qur’an, Muhammad is told to recite the story of Maryam:

"And mention in the Book (the Qur’an, O Muhammad, the story of) Maryam, when she withdrew in seclusion from her family to a place facing east. She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent to her Our Ruh (the angel Gabriel), and he appeared before her in the form of a man in all respects. She said: ‘Verily, I seek refuge with the Most Gracious (Allah) from you, if you do fear Allah.’ (The angel) said: ‘I am only a messenger from your Lord, (to announce) to you the gift of a righteous son.’ She said: ‘How can I have a son, when no man hath touched me, nor am I unchaste?’ He said: ‘So (it will be), your Lord said "That is easy for Me (Allah): And (We wish) to appoint him as a sign to mankind and a mercy from Us (Allah), and it is a matter (already) decreed (by Allah)." ‘ " Qur’an – Surat Maryam 19: 16-21

Jesus was named the "Word of God", because Allah said "Be" and he was. Allah sets forth a parable between Jesus and Adam: Adam was taken from the earth, not born from the womb of a woman. Allah says:

"Verily the likeness of ‘Issa (Jesus) before Allah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then (He) said to him: ‘Be’ – and he was." Qur’an – Surat ?l-Imr?n 3: 59

Jesus did not have a father. But this does not mean that Jesus is divine and worthy of worship, because Adam’s existence was more miraculous than that of Jesus.

Allah also says in the Qur’an that Jesus and his mother would become tired, and would need sustenance. Therefore, they could not be divine.

The story of the Immaculate Conception is continued in the Qur’an:

"So she conceived him, and she withdrew with him to a far place. And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a date palm. She said: ‘Would that I had died before this, and had been forgotten and out of sight!’ Then [the baby ‘Issa] cried unto her from below her, saying: ‘Grieve not: your Lord has provided a water stream under you.’ " Qur’an – Surat Maryam 19: 22-24
Jesus spoke to Maryam as a miracle from God, to tell her that she should not be fearful and she should not be in sorrow. Maryam was instructed that when she returned to her family, she was not to answer any of their questions. So when they confronted her, she pointed to the child. They said, "How can we ask this child in the cradle?" Then the baby Jesus spoke, and said:
" ‘Verily I am a slave of Allah, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet; and He has made me blessed wheresoever I be, and has enjoined on me Salaat (prayer) and Zakaat (alms-giving or charity), as long as I live. And to be dutiful to my mother, and made me not arrogant, unblest. And peace be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!’ Such is ‘Issa, son of Maryam. (It is) a statement of truth, about which they doubt." Qur’an – Surat Maryam 19: 30-34
That is the story of the immaculate conception as it is related to us in the Qur’an.

3. Special attributes of Jesus

The immaculate conception was one of the many miracles that Allah gave to Jesus.

In Islamic sources, Jesus began as a shepherd, as were all of the prophets of God before they received their Message. Jesus knew the Torah, and could read and write from the time of infancy.

Jesus grew up knowing his cousin Yahya (John the Baptist). Both of them would together call to the worship of God.

Jesus never once said: "Worship me" – this was not befitting for any of the Messengers of God.

Jesus lived a full life, but he was fought against and hated and reviled by different enemies, including the evil rabbis of the time, who wished for power and status.

The scholars state that every Prophet and Messenger was sent with the type of evidence, signs, and proofs that their respective nations would respond to. During the time of Musa (Alihi as-Salaam), magic and illusions were widespread and falsely attributed to false deities. So Allah sent Musa with what would eclipse Pharaoh’s magicians. During the time of ‘Issa (Alihi as-Salaam) curing the ill was seen as a divine power. Allah therefore sent ‘Issa and granted him unique abilities.

Allah will remind ‘Issa of these abilities on the Day of Judgment as Allah describes them to us in Suratil Ma’idah (5:110-115):

"(Remember) when Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection), ‘O ‘Issa son of Marium! Remember My Favour to you and to your mother when I supported you with Ruh ul-Qudus (Jibreel) so that you spoke to the people in the (from the) cradle (at a young age) and (while) in maturity. Jibreel aided you in ordering the people to work good deeds and to submit themselves to Allah while staying away from evil deeds throughout the whole of your time with them (people).

And when I taught you writing, al-Hikmah (the power of reasoning, logic, understanding. Putting everything in its proper place at the proper time for the proper reason), and the Torah and the Injeel (Gospel). Allah granted ‘Issa all of these intellectual capabilities from his inception as some of the people of Tafseer have stated. We do not establish this claim as truth, nor do we deny it as falsehood.

And when you made out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My Permission, and you breathed into it, and it became a bird by My Permission.

And you healed those who were born blind (not just those who happened to have lost their sight), the lepers by My Permission.

And when you brought forth the dead by My Permission.

And when I restrained the Children of Israel from you (when they resolved to kill you) since you came unto them with clear proofs, and the disbelievers among them said, ‘This is nothing but evident magic.’ This was the greatest miracle granted by Allah to ‘Issa. We will shortly begin discussing the intricacies of how ‘Issa was saved from the Jews and the Romans. This ayah also shows that those who sought the death of ‘Issa were the Jews and not the Romans per-say. The ayah also shows that there were Jews who believed (Hawarieen or Disciples) and those who disbelieved.

And when I (Allah) put in the hearts of al-Hawarieen (the Disciples of ‘Issa) to believe in Me and My Messenger (you O ‘Issa), they said: ‘We believe. And bear witness that we are Muslims.’ This ayah shows clearly that Allah places guidance in the hearts of individuals. There were many that rejected the truth although they also witnessed the aforementioned miraculous occurrences. Guidance is solely from Allah, as is the misguidance of those whom were destined to reject the truth and Light of Tawheed.

(Remember) when the disciples said: ‘O ‘Issa, son of Marium! Is your Lord able to send down to us a table spread (with food) from heaven?’ ‘Issa said, ‘Fear Allah, if you are indeed believers!’ Although they have seen clay birds being brought to life, the blind and lepers alleviated of their illness, the raising of the dead and many other miracles, they still say, "Is your Lord able!" The syntax of their question implies that if your Lord does not furnish us this table spread then He is UNABLE, not unwilling!

They said, ‘We wish to eat thereof and to be stronger in Faith, and to know that you have indeed told us the truth and that we ourselves be its witnesses.’

Once again the weakness of their faith is apparent. The syntax in their statement indirectly implies that if you have told us the truth and you really are a Prophet and a Messenger then your Lord will bring down the table spread that we request. Otherwise you have not spoken the truth. They admit that their faith is weak. ‘Issa (Alihi as-Salaam) therefore invokes Allah for the table spread.

‘Issa, son of Marium, said, ‘O Allah, Our Lord! Send us from Heaven a table spread (with food) that there may be for us – for the first and the last of us – a festival and a sign from You; and provide us Sustenance, for You are the Best to Sustain.’ The request although seemingly simple enough in comparison with the other miracles performed by ‘Issa is of a different nature. The request of the Disciples is a challenge to Allah. Sufyan ath-Thawri (radiya Allahu ‘Anhu) states: A day of festivity means a day that we can mark with your worship.

Salman al-Farisi (radiya Allahu ‘Anhu) said: A day for us to mark by remembering you.

Allah said, ‘I am going to send it down unto you, but if any of you after that disbelieves, then I will punish him a torment such as I have not inflicted on anyone among (all) the ‘Alamin (all that exist, mankind and Jinn).’

‘Abullah bin ‘Amr bin al ‘Aws (radiya Allahu ‘Anhu) states: "The three most punished peoples on the Day of Ressurrection shall be: The Hypocrites (at time of Rasool ul Allah), those who disbelieved after the Table spread was brought down, and Pharaoh and his legions.

Ma’idah (5:110-115)

4. The Muslim perspective on the crucifixion

Jesus was saved by God for the end of times. Allah said in the Qur’an:

"And because of their (the Jews) disbelief and uttering against Marium a grave false charge (that she has committed illegal sexual intercourse);

And because of their (the Jews) saying (in boast), ‘We killed the Messiah ‘Issa, son of Marium, the Messenger of Allah (they say this in mockery),’ – but they killed him not, nor crucify him, but the resemblance of a ‘Issa was put over another man (and they killed that man). And (surely) those who differ therein are full of doubts (amongst themselves). They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture (speculation). For surely they killed him not.

But Allah raised him (Rafa‘ahu) up (‘Issa’s body and soul together) unto Himself. And Allah is Ever All-Powerful, All-Wise." Qur’an – Surat An-Nis?’ 4: 157

The Jews and the Romans proclaimed in joy: "We have killed the Messiah!" But they did not kill him or crucify him; but he was saved by God and raised to heaven.

Allah says in Surati Ali-‘Imran (3:54-58):

"And they (the disbelievers from the Jews and Romans) plotted (to kill ‘Issa), and Allah Planned too. And Allah is the Best of Planners.

And (remember) when Allah said: ‘O ‘Issa! I will take you (Mutawaafeek) and raise you to Myself and clear you (of the forged statements) of those who disbelieve, and I will make those who follow you (Monotheists) superior to those who disbelieve (in the Oneness of Allah) till the day of Resurrection. Then you will return to Me and I will Judge between you in the matters in which you used to dispute.’"

We Muslims believe that one day the Antichrist will come, and then Jesus will descend from the heavens and slay him, and will live among the Muslims and rule them. During those times the earth shall be filled with justice and blessing.

Mohammad (sala Allahu ‘alihi was-Salaam) said:

"The earth would be told to bring forth its fruit and restore its blessing and, as a result thereof, there would grow (such a big) pomegranate that a group of persons would be able to eat that, and seek shelter under its skin.

A cow would give so much milk that a whole party would be able to drink it. And the camel would give such (a large quantity of) milk that the whole tribe would be able to drink out of that.

And the sheep would give so much milks that the whole family would be able to drink out of that.

At that time, Allah would send a pleasant wind, which would soothe (people), even under their armpits, and would take the life of every Muslim and only the wicked would survive who would commit adultery like asses and the Last Hour would come to them." Reported by Imam Muslim."

Muhammed (sala Allahu ‘Alihi was-Salaam):

"How glorious will be the time when Jesus lives among you, and you will plant a seed on a barren rock and it will sprout; there will be no drought; vegetation will cover the earth, and a man will be able to sit next to a lion and feel no harm." Authentic – reported by Ad-Dailamee.

Jesus will come again, and will marry and have children, and live for 40 years among us. And soon after he dies, the Day of Judgment will come.

Conclusion:

This is the empirical belief of the Muslims as regards Jesus.

Allah (subhanhu wa Ta‘aala) said:

"And they say: ‘The Most Gracious (Allah) has begotten a son (or offspring or children).’ Indeed you have brought forth (said) a most terrible, evil thing. Whereby the heavens are almost torn, and the earth is split asunder, and the mountains fall in ruins, that they ascribe a son (or offspring) to the Most Gracious!

But it is not befitting (the Majesty) of the Most Gracious (Allah) that He should beget a son (or offspring).

There is none in the heavens and the earth but comes unto the Most Gracious as a slave." Marium (19:88-93)

Allah (Subhanhu wa Ta‘aala) says:

"No son (or offspring or children) did Allah beget, nor is there any god along with Him. (If there had been other gods or rivals or sons), behold, each god would have taken away what he had created, and some (gods) would have tried to overcome other (gods)! Glorified is Allah above all that they attribute to Him!" Al-Mu’minoon 23:91

There are more similarities than differences between Muslims and Christians. In Islamic law, we have special rules for "the People of the Scripture", who are similar to us except for some minor differences in major areas of dogma.

We conclude by saying:

"O people of the Book (Jews and Christians): Come to a word that is just between us and you, that we worship none by Allah (alone), and that we associate no partners with Him, and that none of us shall take others as lords besides Allah." Qur’an – Surat Al-Imran 3: 6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1] Rabb: Allah the One and the Only Lord of all that exists. He is the only One deserving of worship. Allah is the Creator, Sustainer, Maintainer, Planner, Giver of Security, Innovator, etc. Rabb is one of the Names of Allah.
[2] (SAAW=(Salah Allahu ‘alihi wa Salaam): The Salah (prayers) of Allah upon His Prophet, Muhammad, is His mentioning of the Prophet’s name and his praise in front of the angels in the Most High place in the Heavens. Refer to Al-Ahzab 56

[3] Ih’san: The highest level of deeds and worship. Perfection in ones worship of Allah (SW). When you worship Allah, consider yourself as if you see Him and if you cannot achieve this feeling or attitude, then you must bear in mind that He sees you.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by Nobody: 4:47am On Sep 07, 2016
If muhammed had believed in Jesus Christ, the statement issued in quran 5:51 wouldn't have been issued.
If muhammed had believed Jesus Christ he wouldn't have changed the direction of his prayer from Jerusalem to elsewhere.
If muslims believe/had believed Jesus Christ, love would have been the centre of their teaching.
If Muslims believe/had believed Jesus Christ, an average muslim would not have deep hatred to the followers of Jesus Christ knowing fully well, that they would be made superior to Muslims quran 3:55
Therefore, ustaz you know that each time you kill and burn things that belong to the follower of Jesus Christ, you have this exceeding happiness that yes, you will make al-janah-fildau.
If muhammed and musims had believed Jesus Christ, muhammed won't have killed the Jews back then.
Yes, you never believed Jesus Christ at all.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by chuksbogus2001: 5:33am On Sep 07, 2016
you guys have started your madness again.if its a Christian that wrote this thing against Muslim you guys will bring out the blood sucking beasts in you and attack him until he is dead. in Ketu Lagos a man was attacked by Muslims cos of what he pasted on face book .blood thirsty religion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by Taeewo(m): 6:18am On Sep 07, 2016
chuksbogus2001:
you guys have started your madness again.if its a Christian that wrote this thing against Muslim you guys will bring out the blood sucking beasts in you and attack him until he is dead. in Ketu Lagos a man was attacked by Muslims cos of what he pasted on face book .blood thirsty religion
After going tru it, did u see any insult or negative words about him.. ......

4 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by alfarouq(m): 7:53am On Sep 07, 2016
chuksbogus2001:
Can you kindly point out the abuse or insult in the write up

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by trapQ: 8:35am On Sep 07, 2016
Stupid blasphemous article. You Muslims need to stick to your solitary confinement (aka Muslim section).

Saying that Jesus Christ isn't God is blasphemy against Jesus. Blood thirsty demons.
Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by trapQ: 8:40am On Sep 07, 2016
Well you just blasphemed against our God for saying that Adams birth was more miraculous than His and for saying that He is not worthy of worship. And that is the same thing y'all kill Christians for.
alfarouq:

Can you kindly point out the abuse or insult in the write up
Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by Taeewo(m): 8:54am On Sep 07, 2016
trapQ:
Well you just blasphemed against our God for saying that Adams birth was more miraculous than His and for saying that He is not worthy of worship. And that is the same thing y'all kill Christians for.
Ur God? Please my brother, can u just give me a verse in Holy Bible where Jesus called himself GOD.. ......

Please dont quote me without dropping the verse.. ..I just want to learn.. .....

God bless you.. ...

Once again, am not here to argue n not a religious fanatic......

I hate sectarian violence.. ....

God bless you once again. .....
Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by Emusan(m): 9:12am On Sep 07, 2016
Taeewo:
Ur God? Please my brother, can u just give me a verse in Holy Bible where Jesus called himself GOD

You don't even need a quote from the Bible unless if you tell me that you're not agree with the OP on this.

The OP said and I quote "To Muslims, Jesus – or ‘Issa – is a saviour, a reformist, the Messiah (the anointed one), the "Word of God".

Here if it's true Muslims believe that Jesus is the Word of God meanwhile the Arabic word used for Issa as the word of God is the same used for Qur'an.

Muslims believe that Qur'an is eternal since It came from Allah, so if Qur'an is eternal because it's the word of God, why Issa not also eternal as the word of God?

In fact Muhammad himself believed that Issa is the SPIRIT OF GOD. Can a being like this no more than just a prophet? How many prophets have these attributes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by trapQ: 10:10am On Sep 07, 2016
The problem is that you Muslims think you know christianity more than us.

This is the verse where God the father himself called Jesus God.

Hebrews 1:8 But To the Son He says:
"Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; a scepter of righteousness is a scepter of your kingdom".
Taeewo:
Ur God? Please my brother, can u just give me a verse in Holy Bible where Jesus called himself GOD.. ......

Please dont quote me without dropping the verse.. ..I just want to learn.. .....

God bless you.. ...

Once again, am not here to argue n not a religious fanatic......

I hate sectarian violence.. ....

God bless you once again. .....
Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by Taeewo(m): 11:24am On Sep 07, 2016
trapQ:

"Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; a scepter of righteousness is a scepter of your kingdom".
Thanks
Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 07, 2016
trapQ:
Stupid blasphemous article. You Muslims need to stick to your solitary confinement (aka Muslim section).

Saying that Jesus Christ isn't God is blasphemy against Jesus. Blood thirsty demons.

You Just blaspheme against our Prophet Jesus (SAW) for saying he is God.
Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 07, 2016
trapQ:

It's not we think we know Christianity, it's we know Christianity More than you. We are more Christian than the Christian themselves.

[b]For the wrath of God l is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth For what can be Known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the CREATOR, who is blessed forever! Amen. [/b]

Roman 1:18-25

[b] Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Is a Man and Servant of God

“The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified HIS SERVANT JESUS" (Acts 3:13)
" a man who has told you the truth’ (John 8:40)

"Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know.’ (Acts 2:22)

God is Spirit and Have No Flesh

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. (John 4:24 )

Does this leave the option that God as a spirit could also have a "body of flesh and bones?" Here is how Jesus defined a spirit:

Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Have Bone And Flesh

Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. (Luke 24:39 )

Christians Reply: Jesus is both fully human and divine. This is the reason why God gave Him a human mother, so that he could be connected with us in such a way that He could perform the perfect sacrifice for us.

Bible says that God is Not Man

"God is not a man’ (Numbers 23:19)
‘For I am God, and not man’ (Hosea 11:9)

For those who will say, why are you quoting old testament.

Mathew 5:16
New International Version
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

New Living Translation
"Don't misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.
[/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by trapQ: 3:52pm On Sep 08, 2016
I will quote you when I have enough time.
FriendChoice:

It's not we think we know Christianity, it's we know Christianity More than you. We are more Christian than the Christian themselves.

Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by trapQ: 3:54pm On Sep 08, 2016
Which religion had Jesus first before your pedophile rapist plagiarized it? Moreover you blasphemed against Christianity for not sticking to your section. As long as anything against our God Jesus Christ is posted here then its clear blasphemy against Christianity.
FriendChoice:

Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 08, 2016
trapQ:
Which religion had Jesus first before your pedophile rapist plagiarized it? Moreover you blasphemed against Christianity for not sticking to your section. As long as anything against our God Jesus Christ is posted here then its clear blasphemy against Christianity.

Jesus first have Islam and last he has Islam. Jesus was never a Christian. He is a Muslim
Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by Emusan(m): 9:23pm On Sep 08, 2016
FriendChoice:

So answer this, why Qur'an is eternal as the word of Allah but Isa who is both the word and the Spirit of Allah isn't Eternal? because only God is eternal.
Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by Emusan(m): 9:27pm On Sep 08, 2016
FriendChoice:
Jesus first have Islam and last he has Islam. Jesus was never a Christian. He is a Muslim

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 08, 2016
Emusan:

So answer this, why Qur'an is eternal as the word of Allah but Isa who is both the word and the Spirit of Allah isn't Eternal? because only God is eternal.

Qur'an don't regard Isah as Spirit. Where did you find that. He is not a spirit even the Bible confirms it.

“The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified HIS SERVANT JESUS" (Acts 3:13)

"Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know.’ (Acts 2:22)

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. (John 4:24 )

Does this leave the option that God as a spirit could also have a "body of flesh and bones?" Here is how Jesus defined a spirit:

Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. (Luke 24:39 )

Christians Reply: Jesus is both fully human and divine. This is the reason why God gave Him a human mother, so that he could be connected with us in such a way that He could perform the perfect sacrifice for us.

‘For I am God, and not man’ (Hosea 11:9) [/b]
Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by Emusan(m): 10:05pm On Sep 08, 2016
FriendChoice:
Qur'an don't regard Isah as Spirit. Where did you find that. He is not a spirit even the Bible confirms it.

Lolzzzz that means you don't know your Qur'an and Muhammad is lying when he said Isa is the Spirit of God.

SMH...

But you agree that Isa is the Word of Allah, right?
Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 08, 2016
Emusan:

Lolzzzz that means you don't know your Qur'an and Muhammad is lying when he said Isa is the Spirit of God.

SMH...

But you agree that Isa is the Word of Allah, right?

yes and I want to see where he said jesus is spirit. You did not address the Bible verses I quote. or they are better than your reasoning. Don't ignore those Biblecal Verses above . If you cannot address them, don't quote me. Because Bible confirm him as man 4 spirit have no flesh.

Truly, the likeness of Jesus, in God's sight,
is as Adam's likeness; He created him of
dust, then said He unto him, 'Be,' and he
was. Qur'an 3:59

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 08, 2016
trapQ:

Islam have Jesus first. Jesus was, is, and ever a Muslim. You should know that. He was never Christian. Where do you even get the word Christianity.

Jesus was a Muslim and he is given the ingeel (The holy Bible, word of God) not the fabricated lies you call Bible today.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by trapQ: 8:04am On Sep 09, 2016
This remains the problem with Islam and Muslims. How exactly is the bible fabricated or corrupt? Who corrupted it? What year was it corrupted? Where is the first copy of the bible? On what basis is it corrupted? Your lies have made scholars research into this issue and they found out that it is just a deliberate attempt to ridicule Christianity.

Who told you Jesus was a Muslim? Are you okay? So they not only teach you guys to bomb Christians, they also teach y'all that Jesus was a Muslim. I'm really sorry for you all.

Christian means follower of Christ. Your Mohammed came 600 years ( after his demon friend Jibril gave him a demonic message from Satan) to decieve yall that Jesus was a Muslim. Lmao

Look up. Acts 11:26

FriendChoice:

Islam have Jesus first. Jesus was, is, and ever a Muslim. You should know that. He was never Christian. Where do you even get the word Christianity.

Jesus was a Muslim and he is given the ingeel (The holy Bible, word of God) not the fabricated lies you call Bible today.
Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by agwom(m): 8:11am On Sep 09, 2016

Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 09, 2016
[s]
trapQ:
This remains the problem with Islam and Muslims. How exactly is the bible fabricated or corrupt? Who corrupted it? What year was it corrupted? Where is the first copy of the bible? On what basis is it corrupted? Your lies have made scholars research into this issue and they found out that it is just a deliberate attempt to ridicule Christianity.

Who told you Jesus was a Muslim? Are you okay? So they not only teach you guys to bomb Christians, they also teach y'all that Jesus was a Muslim. I'm really sorry for you all.

Christian means follower of Christ. Your Mohammed came 600 years ( after his demon friend Jibril gave him a demonic message from Satan) to decieve yall that Jesus was a Muslim. Lmao

Look up. Acts 11:26
[/s]

You did not say anything sensible, you're just throwing your insult. Sometimes I wonder if Christian thinks by their insult will make us say we agree with them, we will always get the enthusiasm to expose your lies. I will lesson you and explain 2 u approximately.

Bible is corrupted: There are many lie, and interpolations. Jesus is a Muslim, A Servant of God. A Man and A prophet just like Abraham and Adam peace be upon them all.

‘For I am God, and not man’ (Hosea 11:9)

For those who will say, why are you quoting old testament.

Mathew 5:16
New International Version
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

New Living Translation
"Don't misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.
[/b]
I bet you will never address this verses above?.?.? even your pastor I challenge him to answer this verses above.

The Only Religion in The Eyes of God is Islam
Jesus came before Muhammad (SAW) and So? Abraham, Adam came also before Jesus peace be upon them all. They are all Muslims.

[b]Indeed, the religion in the sight of Allah is Islam. AND THOSE WHO WERE GIVEN THE SCRIPTURE DID NOT DIFFER except after knowledge had come to them - out of jealous animosity between themselves. And whoever disbelieves in the verses of Allah , then indeed, Allah is swift in [taking] account. [Qur'an 3:19]

Any person died worshiping a man will surely and definitely make it to HELL

[b]For the wrath of God l is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth For what can be Known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the CREATOR, who is blessed forever! Amen. [/b]

Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by Emusan(m): 8:57pm On Sep 09, 2016
The question is will you openly accept it?

Again you didn't answer my question, do you agree that Isa is the Word of God?

FriendChoice:
yes and I want to see where he said jesus is spirit.

"And (remember) her who guarded her chastity; We breathed into her of our Spirit, and We made her and her son a Sign for all peoples." S. 21:91

"And Mary daughter of Imran, who guarded her chastity; and We breathed into (her body) of our Spirit; and she testified to the truths of the words of her Lord and of His revelations, and was one of the devout (servants)." S. 66:12

How Islamic scholars understood these verses: Ibn Abbas proclaims, "As it was the Spirit which was breathed into him and the Holy One is Allah, so he is the Spirit of Allah." (3:13)
Ibn A'ta states, "The most excellent plants are those whose fruits are like Isa, the Spirit of God." (3:13)

I know you might want to say something funny but I will back it up with more proof.

From Muhammad himself: According to Anas, the Prophet said,...”Then he arranges for them to approach Jesus, the worshipper of God and His messenger, the Word of God and the Spirit of God. But Jesus will say to them,”... (Bukhari, Mishkat al-Masabih, Book 23, chp.12)

If you disagree with your own prophet and some Islamic scholars then sorry is your case!

You did not address the Bible verses I quote. or they are better than your reasoning. Don't ignore those Biblecal Verses above.

I don't need to address those Biblical verses you quoted simply because you misapplied and cherry pick them.

But let me clear something here

1. No Christians will ever deny that Jesus is not a man nor the servant of God neither God is a man
2. To Christians Jesus Christ is a Prophet, Teacher e.t.c in a sense that He came in human form.
3. But what Christians are saying is that The MAN Jesus is more than just a man, prophet and any other servant of God ever known because He is the Eternal Word of God incarnated.

"God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?" Num 23:19

"I will not execute the fierceness of mine anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim: for I am God, and not man; the Holy One in the midst of thee: and I will not enter into the city." Hosea 11:9

These are the complete verse, so see it yourself how you've twisted those verses just to satisfy your evil heart.

Lastly, Christians didn't make the MAN Jesus God but their Holy Book reveals that the Eternal Word of God which is God in essence entered His own creation by taken up the form of man.

So, God is not a man is different from God came in form of a man!
Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by Emusan(m): 9:05pm On Sep 09, 2016
FriendChoice:
Bible is corrupted: There are many lie, and interpolations. Jesus is a Muslim, A Servant of God. A Man and A prophet just like Abraham and Adam peace be upon them all.

I know you will still come to this delusion of yours yet Bible is corrupt but you've been quoting the same Bible to prove something.

I bet you will never address this verses above?.?.? even your pastor I challenge him to answer this verses above.

You keep saying they never address those verses you quoted when in reality you're just ridiculing yourself.

Imaging quoting Luke 24:39 where Jesus showed His disciples His hands and legs of Nails after crucifixion yet do you believe that Jesus was crucified?
Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by kilo4sure: 9:31pm On Sep 09, 2016
A baby talking? That's quite hilarious, some powerful magic right there.
Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by plappville(f): 10:18pm On Sep 09, 2016
FriendChoice:

Jésus is a saviour not a murderer like Muhammed. Islam means War, death, pains, suffering, hate, bombing etc. That's what the world is going through today.

I so much admire @anunaki2 signature. It says:

imagine a world without Islam.

A world without Islam will be Peaceful, loving, hospitality, enjoyable, full of Life friendly etc. But unfortunately, this world is with Islam. .. cry cry cry
Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by plappville(f): 10:19pm On Sep 09, 2016
2kaybiel:
If muhammed had believed in Jesus Christ, the statement issued in quran 5:51 wouldn't have been issued.
If muhammed had believed Jesus Christ he wouldn't have changed the direction of his prayer from Jerusalem to elsewhere.
If muslims believe/had believed Jesus Christ, love would have been the centre of their teaching.
If Muslims believe/had believed Jesus Christ, an average muslim would not have deep hatred to the followers of Jesus Christ knowing fully well, that they would be made superior to Muslims quran 3:55
Therefore, ustaz you know that each time you kill and burn things that belong to the follower of Jesus Christ, you have this exceeding happiness that yes, you will make al-janah-fildau.
If muhammed and musims had believed Jesus Christ, muhammed won't have killed the Jews back then.
Yes, you never believed Jesus Christ at all.

The bitter truth. .. kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ In Islam by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 09, 2016
Emusan:
The question is will you openly accept it? Again you didn't answer my question, do you agree that Isa is the Word of God?

JESUS (PBUH) "IS A WORD FROM ALLAH" NOT "THE WORD OF ALLAH"

The Qur’an mentions in Surah Ali ‘Imran Chapter 3 verse 45

"Behold! The angels said: O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a WORD FROM HIM: his name will be Christ Jesus. The son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those Nearest to Allah. [Al-Qur’an 3:45]

Jesus (pbuh) is referred in the Qur’an as a word
from Allah and not as ‘the word of Allah’. "A word" of Allah means a message of Allah. If a person is referred to as "a word" from Allah, it means that he is a Messenger or a Prophet of Allah.

Different titles are given to different prophets (pbut). Whenever a title is given to a prophet (pbuh), it does not necessarily mean that the other prophets do not have the same characteristic or quality. For e.g. Prophet Abraham (pbuh) is referred to in the Qur’an as Khaleelullah, a friend of Allah. This does not indicate that all the other Prophets (pbuh) were not the friends of Allah. Prophet Moses (pbuh) is referred to in the Qur’an as Kaleemullah, indicating that God spoke to him

JOHN THE BAPTIST (PBUH) IS ALSO CALLED "A WORD" OF ALLAH

Yahya (pbuh) i.e. John the Baptist (pbuh) is also referred to in the Qur’an as Kalimatullah i.e. a word of Allah in Surah Ali ‘Imran, Chapter 3, verses 38-39

"There did Zakariya Pray to his Lord, saying: "O my Lord! Grant unto me from Thee a progeny that is pure: for Thou art He that heareth prayer! While he was standing in prayer in the chamber, the angels called unto him: "Allah doth give thee glad tidings of Yahya, witnessing the truth of a WORD FROM ALLAH, and (be besides) noble, chaste, and a Prophet – of the (goodly) company of the righteous." [Al-Qur’an 3:39]

[s]"And (remember) her who guarded her chastity; We breathed into her of our Spirit, and We made her and her son a Sign for all peoples." S. 21:91

"And Mary daughter of Imran, who guarded her chastity; and We breathed into (her body) of our Spirit; and she testified to the truths of the words of her Lord and of His revelations, and was one of the devout (servants)." S. 66:12[/color] [/s]

And [mention] the one who guarded her chastity, so We blew into her [garment] through OUR ANGEL[Gabriel], and We made her and her son a sign for the worlds. [Quran 21:91]

[the example of] Mary, the daughter of 'Imran, who guarded her chastity, so We blew into [her garment] , THROUGH OUR ANGEL and she believed in the words of her Lord and His scriptures and was of the devoutly obedient. [Qur'an 66:12]

The verse here is talking on Angel Jibril as spirit. Don't worry, I will help you with the verse that say Jesus is Spirit from God

JESUS (PBUH) REFERRED AS RUHULLAH - A SPIRIT OF ALLAH

Jesus (pbuh) also never referred to as Ruhullah "a spirit of Allah" but as a spirit from Allah in Surah Nisa Chapter 4 verse 171

"O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Jesus Christ the son of Mary was (no more than) a Messenger of Allah, And His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a Spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not ‘Trinity’: desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is One God: glory be to Him: (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs." [Al-Qur’an 4:171]

SPIRIT OF ALLAH IS BREATHED IN EVERY HUMAN BEING

A spirit from Allah does not indicate that Jesus (pbuh) is God. The Qur’an mentions in several places that Allah breathed into the human beings

And [mention, O Muhammad], when your Lord said to the angels, "I will create a human being out of clay from an altered black mud. "When I have fashioned him (in due proportion) and breathed INTO HIM OF MY SPIRIT, fall ye down in obeisance unto him." [Al-Qur’an 15: 28,29]

"Who made everything He has created good and He began the creation of man from clay. Then he made his offsprings (children of Adam) from semen of despised water. "But He fashioned him in due proportion, and breathed into him something of His spirit (soul) And He gave you (the faculties of) hearing and sight and feeling (and understanding): little thanks do ye give!" [Al-Qur’an 32:7:8:9]

The spirit of God is breath to all human being including you and me. Jesus, Adam, Abraham, John etc Peace be upon them all have spirit of God breathed in them

I don't need to address those Biblical verses you quoted simply because you misapplied and cherry pick them.
You did not address the verses NOT because I twisted them, But rather YOU CANNOT SIMPLY. EVEN NOW YOU DID NOT.

1. No Christians will ever deny that Jesus is not a man nor the servant of God neither God is a man

You believe Jesus is a man and you worship him, and he is servant of God and you still worship, I will use the verse below as prayer. Say Ameen. Looking forward for your big Ameeeeen. If indeed you're a Christian not hypocrite.

[[[[[[[[[... [b] "For the wrath of God l is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth For what can be Known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because
they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the "creature" rather than the "CREATOR" who is blessed forever! Amen. Roman 1:18-25 [/b] ......]]]]]]]]]

2. To Christians Jesus Christ is a Prophet, Teacher e.t.c in a sense that He came in human form.
God have no flesh nor bones, Jesus tells you to touch and feel him. For God is not a man

3. But what Christians are saying is that The MAN Jesus is more than just a man, prophet and any other servant of God ever known because He is the Eternal Word of God incarnated.

"God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?" Num 23:19

"I will not execute the fierceness of mine anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim: for I am God, and not man; the Holy One in the midst of thee: and I will not enter into the city." Hosea 11:9

These are the complete verse, so see it yourself how you've twisted those verses just to satisfy your evil heart

Then what point did you make above, you're only affirming to me he is not God. God is not man and Jesus is Man. You even go further in telling me God is not son of man. While Jesus is son Mary, a woman. For some of you that call Marry God, marry is the daughter of Man and Woman. For God is not the Son of Man. Now show me where I twisted, after you finished giving me more reference. Once again thank you for exposing my evil heart

Lastly, Christians didn't make the MAN Jesus God but their Holy Book reveals that the Eternal Word of God which is God in essence entered His own creation by taken up the form of man.

So, God is not a man is different from God came in form of a man!

So God can Now have flesh when Jesus himself tells you he has bones and God have no bones, God don't eat Jesus eat. When someone eat he need to visit the toilet. What goes in goes out. Stop beating around the bush blaa blaa. State the verse where God came in form of a man?

(i)"… and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me." [The Bible, John 14:24 (ii)"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou has sent." [The Bible, John 17:3]

There is not a single unequivocal statement in the complete Bible, where Jesus Christ peace be upon him says… ‘I am God’ – or where he says… ‘Worship me’ .
Infact if you read the Bible, it is mentioned in the Gospel of John, Chapter No.14, Verse No.28 he said… My Father is greater than I’ ; Gospel of John, Chapter No.10, Verse No.29… ‘My Father is greater than all’ ; Gospel of Mathew, Chapter No.12, Verse No.28… ‘I cast out devils with the spirit of God’; Gospel of Luke, Chapter No.11, Verse No.20… ‘I with the finger of God, cast out devil’;

Gospel of John, Chapter No.5, Verse No.30… ‘I can of my own self do nothing – As I hear, I judge and my judgement is just, for I seek not my own will, but the will of my Father.’ Anyone who says… ‘Not my will but God’s will’ – he is a Muslim. Muslim means the person who submits his’ will to almighty God. Jesus Christ peace be upon him said…‘Not my will but God’s will.’ He was a Muslim – and he was Alhamdulillah, one of the mightiest messengers of God

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Adefarasin Absent At Pastor Ekwueme’s Valedictory Service / Oriki Ige / Judas Iscariot: Guilty Or Not Guilty!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 205
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.