Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 - Sports (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 (21859 Views)

Poll: Can Naija Win Mozambique?

over my dead body (no): 11% (11 votes)
yes. anytime.: 25% (25 votes)
only if nigeria step up their game seriously: 63% (63 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 / Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by chiboy7(m): 5:09pm On Oct 12, 2009
O'boy these players don finish us oh, even if they qualify with this style of play dem no go reach anywhere 4 WC i believe na the first round dem go comot.

May God help us. cry
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by Ad4(m): 5:55pm On Oct 12, 2009
The thought of Nigeria in football gives me headaches. It will save us the trouble of more headaches if Tunisia goes for the world cup.So I wish Tunisia all the best even as they beat Kenya on Saturday and qualify to go in our group cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by semid4lyfe(m): 6:44pm On Oct 12, 2009
I'm an optimist and I believe we'll be at the world cup because the final matches will play out like this

Mozambique 0 Tunisia 0
Kenya 0 Nigeria 1

Please, lets keep hope alive.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by tkb417(m): 6:54pm On Oct 12, 2009
semid4lyfe:

I'm an optimist and I believe we'll be at the world cup because the final matches will play out like this

Mozambique 0 Tunisia 0
Kenya 0 Nigeria 1

Please, lets keep hope alive.

sorry, even with that, Tunisia will still qualify on better goals difference

so what do you wanna do now?
u wanna change ur prediction?
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by naso2(m): 7:25pm On Oct 12, 2009
^^^^^^^^^^^ You are wrong once it ends like that we would have qualified with a +5 while Tunisia will still have +4 goals difference.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by semid4lyfe(m): 9:20pm On Oct 12, 2009
tkb417, please do your maths & keep in mind it's goal difference before head to head.

This is the standing of Tunisia & Nigeria after 5 matches

Tunisia - 11 points, 7 goals for, 3 goals against, +4 goal difference

Nigeria- 9 points, 6 goals for, 2 goals against, +4 goal difference

So if the matches end as I predict, we'll both have 12 points with Nigeria having +5 goal difference & Tunisia + 4.

I repeat Naija go dey SA 2010.
Believe !!!.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by MrCrackles(m): 9:21pm On Oct 12, 2009
semid4lyfe:

I repeat Naija go dey SA 2010.
Believe !!!.
I cry with panadol! grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by semid4lyfe(m): 9:33pm On Oct 12, 2009
Keep on crying and I'll keep on praying.

I refuse to believe we won't be at the 2010 world cup that will be hosted in Africa.

It's unthinkable !!  Naija go qualify. Quote me anywhere.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by naso2(m): 10:14pm On Oct 12, 2009
semid4lyfe:

Keep on crying and I'll keep on praying.

I refuse to believe we won't be at the 2010 world cup that will be hosted in Africa.

It's unthinkable !! Naija go qualify. Quote me anywhere.

I agree with you that Tunisia can not beat Mozambique in Maputo. But also note that this Amodu's team CANNOT beat kenya in NAIROBI
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by mreds: 9:28am On Oct 13, 2009
1st time in a long while, naija team playing live and i was watching a film ,after d film,i had to watch the last 10mins and was thanking God that i didnt watch from the start.
Anyways, fifa has said No Head to Head this time,if 2 teams end up on the same platform, same goals difference,same every every,They would check their calendar,if there are any free dates,they would fix a playoff between the two teams,if their are no free dates, it would come down to the ballot system.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by tayoTFC(m): 9:39am On Oct 13, 2009
NIGERIA WILL NOT QUALIFY, so that the foolish public office holder will not carry our tax money go do jamborin for SA, and money run go oversea. Tunisia will beat mozambique 2 -0 and Nigeria will loss 1-0 to KENYA.
this is my predict , and it will come to pass
Pastor James Adams.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by semid4lyfe(m): 10:06am On Oct 13, 2009
Na holy thunder go fire you. Please improve your written english before you start predicting the outcome of matches.
Pastor ko, Herbalist ni!
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by moonraker(m): 10:10am On Oct 13, 2009
u dey mind am, pastor oshii
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by badman(m): 10:12am On Oct 13, 2009
with so much at stake we just manage to beat mozambique 1 nil, at home, guess if nothin was at stake we wud have even been beaten at home sef. Was so happy we didnt go in 2006 hoping that was a lesson and this boys would know wat to do in 2010 and now we are back to the usual mathematics, (if kenya beat tunisia or draw and we win kenya at home) its obvious we aint gonna learn so just hope we make this one now, cos another 4years is long thing. but kenya sef aint that easy they might probably draw the game in kenya

maybe its high time we try our hands on other sports maybe basketball or cricket
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by Homonide: 11:08am On Oct 13, 2009
Wake up unrealistic Optimists, the Super goofs are not going to be @ the Mundial next year.why? cos when they had the chance, they blew it. Tunisia has more character and are more dedicated, they deserve to be there, we don't.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by zmurda(m): 11:45am On Oct 13, 2009
If by luck (i hate luck - i don't believe in it!) can Amodu be sacked? We don't need some one as mentally retarded as he is as a national coach, even for U11
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 13, 2009
there is a REAL possibility that Nigeria could well sneak in at the back-door to the World Cup.
Most analysts are predicting that the most Tunisia can get in Maputo is a draw,and Nigeria might just grab the late winner in Nairobi.

Never say never,it COULD happen!
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by soccerprof: 1:10pm On Oct 13, 2009
those guys are not seriuos
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:53pm On Oct 13, 2009
Let me consult the fortunes. the odds, it does not look good.

There will be 4 goals (Note)
There will be 2 Red Cards (Note)
Kenya Scores winning goal through a penalty in the last moments of the match Kenya (3) Nigeria (2)

You do not need a prophet to come up with these odds
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by proudly9ja(m): 3:04pm On Oct 13, 2009
We too like to dey hit the nail from the side in Naija and we then wonder why it is not entering the wood.

As a Nigerian, I want us to go to the world cup but lets think it, how fair will it be if we go to the world cup and other countries who have prepared hard ala Tunisia, Kenya and Mozambique fail to go? Nationas like Ghana and CoteDIvoire who have qualified with matches to spare didn't do it by mistake, they planned hard and worked hard at it. While we were raising presidential teams to steal and syphon money, these countries were playing relevant friendlies and blooding new players. While we were using tax payers money to 'bribe' the Super Eagles to play for their country players like Essien and Drogba were sacrificing their club careers to play for their teams. While Amodu was busy visiting Scolari and giving Mikel prefential treatment over arguably better and more committed players in the local league (the Nwankwo guy at Egypt 2009 readily comes to mind), other serious Nations were calling the bluff of their 'super stars' and using available material.

And now we have all turned to mathematecians and prayer warriors overnight just so the SE go to the world cup. Abeg we have been told the world cup is not our birth right!

By the way, what happens if we actually qualify? The players will get $10,000 for any match won at group stage, and maybe more at subsequent levels. They will probably also get 'appearance' fees. NFA members will go to SA with their wives and concubines on tax payers money, Sports ministry and Senate committees members will also tag along along with their bags and baggages in form of beings in minis and micro skirts.
And the rest of us who scream to the top of our voices and almost have heart aches when Eagles lose, what will happen to us? Well some of us will be forced to stay at home due to ASUU strike over non payment of salaries, those who work have to go to work on bad roads that our leaders have refused to repair and those in diaspora will be afraid to go home because of inadequate security and fear of customs officials suddenly finding gun producing machines in your containers.

So, after all these, should we still say, South Africa here we come??
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by goodness85: 4:17pm On Oct 13, 2009
it is definate that tunisia will win their next match

Talking about matches alot of ppl are making huge money from soccer.

Do you believe that you can earn $1000 dolars monthly from predicting the outcome of football matches not reagarding the scoreline.

visit www.visiblecash..com
www.perfectsdate..com
and read down or call 08053081804 to get the ebook on it.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by Homonide: 6:13pm On Oct 13, 2009
I partially agree with proudly9ja, but i think as soccer-loving Nigerians, we deserve some joy, part of which can only be derived if our National team

is in the world Cup.

Do we deserve to be @ the Mundial? the answer is NO. Here we are again, simply because of our fire-brigade approach to everything.

As much as i would have loved to see the super eagles(not the super goofs parading themselves as super eagles) at the World Cup, the reality is

that Nigeria wouldn't qualify. All soccer lovers who are unrealistically pessimimstic about the chances of the Super goofs should wake up from their

slumber. Tunisia deserves to be @ next year's world cup, shikena; and they r gonna be there.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by mamagee6(f): 1:14am On Oct 14, 2009
Go Nigeria!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by galatico(m): 4:24pm On Oct 14, 2009
The Super Chickens struggled to beat Mozambique next is Kenya, we can't beat Kenya in Harare, Tunisia would loose to Mozambique, Super Chickens can't defeat Hamrambee stars in Harare .
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by moonraker(m): 6:13am On Oct 15, 2009
capital of Kenya is Nairobi, not harare,
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by adebayo201: 2:12pm On Oct 15, 2009
everybody are say!ng the!r mind. ! wonder wat the player themselves wuld be th!nk!nk!g
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by powerblaze(m): 11:21am On Oct 16, 2009
well, Nigerians are bitter losers. thats just stating the obvious. The annoying thing is if we qualify, everyone will forget about all this andstart hailing them again, and if we go past the round 16, AModu suddenly becomes a star! i tire for this country sef!
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 16, 2009
powerblaze:

well, Nigerians are bitter losers. thats just stating the obvious. The annoying thing is if we qualify, everyone will forget about all this andstart hailing them again, and if we go past the round 16, AModu suddenly becomes a star! i tire for this country sef!

thats human nature

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

The End Of My Career — Anthony Joshua To Retire In 5 Years / 2017 Uefa Final: Real Madrid Vs Juventus , All The Build-up In Photos / Spanish Government Okays La Liga To Resume From June 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.