Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,301 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

I Lost 4kg In 10 Days. Is That Normal? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Lost 4kg In 10 Days. Is That Normal? (1801 Views)

Doctors Gave Her 10 Days To Live. Now A Year Has Passed And She's Still Here / I Lost My Friend To Chronic Kidney Disease, His Last Whatsapp Chat With Me / How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Lost 4kg In 10 Days. Is That Normal? by phlora(f): 8:59am On Sep 08, 2016
I have being battling with weight loss for about 3 years now. Most guys in my life tell me I am okay the way I am and I love my body too but my mother doesn't see it that way.
My weight issues started in 2013, that year ASUU went on strike for 6 months. I gained a lot of weight at home and since then I have been trying to lose some of it. I recently started this weight loss regime called "Intermittent fasting". I would probably do a thread on that. I started intermittent fasting last week Monday, I checked my weight this morning and I have lost 4kg.
My concern is losing 4 kg is too much for such a short time and I don't look any slimmer. A couple of gowns and tops are loose on me but when I look in the mirror I look the same.
For people that know a lot about weight loss, is this normal? Especially as I don't look slimmer

P.S. - I didn't exercise. I'm too lazy to start.

1 Like

Re: I Lost 4kg In 10 Days. Is That Normal? by MilesLamar(m): 9:01am On Sep 08, 2016
grin Economy hard
Re: I Lost 4kg In 10 Days. Is That Normal? by phlora(f): 9:03am On Sep 08, 2016
What has the economy got to do with this?
MilesLamar:
grin Economy hard
Re: I Lost 4kg In 10 Days. Is That Normal? by MilesLamar(m): 9:07am On Sep 08, 2016
phlora:
What has the economy got to do with this?

hunger dey
Re: I Lost 4kg In 10 Days. Is That Normal? by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 08, 2016
Rotfl.@op asampete,c as u pwidi...pm me let me learn frm u personally.
Re: I Lost 4kg In 10 Days. Is That Normal? by newsphase(m): 9:49am On Sep 08, 2016
4kg in one week is remarkable (you can even lose more than that in one week) and there is no problem with that.. although if you are expecting to see remarkable changes in your body then you should be thinking of losing 20 - 40kg

My own thoughts is that you should concentrate on exercising too, so that you may lose weight in a healthy manner that is include exercises in your weight loss quest..

also share more tips on how you kept your diet (that is your fasting episodes) what you ate and what you removed from your menu due to the fast it will help many women out there.

cc phlora

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

2 Likes

Re: I Lost 4kg In 10 Days. Is That Normal? by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 08, 2016
I doubt that the entire 4 kg you lost would come from fat alone except you are really overweight. On average we lose about a pound or two pounds per week. That's about 1Kg per week.
Can you shed more light on intermediate fasting? Did you by any chance increase your fluid intake? If so we could say that you lost some water weight. I would only be concerned if you are starving yourself or following an unrealistic diet plan because that would cause you to lose muscles and slow down your metabolism.
Exercise can be really fun, you just have to find the one you love doing.

Our bodies is constantly changing, our weight fluctuates at various times during the day.

1 Like

Re: I Lost 4kg In 10 Days. Is That Normal? by phlora(f): 8:17am On Sep 09, 2016
Intermittent fasting is not a diet, it’s a pattern of eating. It’s a way of scheduling your meals so that you get the most out of them. Intermittent fasting doesn’t change what you eat, it changes when you eat.
I use the 16:8 method. I eat for 8 hours in a day and fast for 16 hours. My fed period (when I eat) is 12pm-8pm and I fast from 8pm to 12pm the next day.
This is very convenient for me because I go to class early in the morning. I really don't count my calories because I eat only twice within my 8 hours, I just try to make my meals as healthy as possible. I snack on fruits and aki Hausa (Tiger nuts) I also take two cups (4 bags) of green tea and I chew a lot of gum.

cc newsphase
Contact17

1 Like

Re: I Lost 4kg In 10 Days. Is That Normal? by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 09, 2016
phlora:
Intermittent fasting is not a diet, it’s a pattern of eating. It’s a way of scheduling your meals so that you get the most out of them. Intermittent fasting doesn’t change what you eat, it changes when you eat.
I use the 16:8 method. I eat for 8 hours in a day and fast for 16 hours. My fed period (when I eat) is 12pm-8pm and I fast from 8pm to 12pm the next day.
This is very convenient for me because I go to class early in the morning. I really don't count my calories because I eat only twice within my 8 hours, I just try to make my meals as healthy as possible. I snack on fruits and aki Hausa (Tiger nuts) I also take two cups (4 bags) of green tea and I chew a lot of gum.

cc newsphase
Contact17

Thanks for the info kiss
I guess you should be fine as long as you are getting sufficient calories.

1 Like

Re: I Lost 4kg In 10 Days. Is That Normal? by BrokenCock: 9:42pm On Sep 26, 2018
phlora:
I have being battling with weight loss for about 3 years now. Most guys in my life tell me I am okay the way I am and I love my body too but my mother doesn't see it that way.
My weight issues started in 2013, that year ASUU went on strike for 6 months. I gained a lot of weight at home and since then I have been trying to lose some of it. I recently started this weight loss regime called "Intermittent fasting". I would probably do a thread on that. I started intermittent fasting last week Monday, I checked my weight this morning and I have lost 4kg.
My concern is losing 4 kg is too much for such a short time and I don't look any slimmer. A couple of gowns and tops are loose on me but when I look in the mirror I look the same.
For people that know a lot about weight loss, is this normal? Especially as I don't look slimmer

P.S. - I didn't exercise. I'm too lazy to start.
Ehn! U don carry bele be that! U are faaaaaAaaaaat!

(1) (Reply)

How I Cherished My Sister / Health Benefit Of Ruzu Tea / I Get Angry Easily. What Can I Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.