Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,375 members, 7,819,365 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Her Fate (conclusion) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Her Fate (conclusion) (453 Views)

Twist Of Fate. / A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) / Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Her Fate (conclusion) by poik(m): 10:53am On Sep 08, 2016
With a satisfied smile on her face, Jenny took a long look at the mirror, and started oiling and pan-caking her face. Last night had been anything and everything but unsatisfactory. Allen was surely a heart-saver. He reminded her fiercely of her first love, Dennis, who defined romantic love in its deepest and truest import to her. She knew where she would be by now, had that cruel accident not rudely snatched him from her.

They were meeting again tonight. She expected nothing less. He even wrote her a touching, deep-worded poem which he slipped into her bag when she was busy with the menu. She was going to marry him straightway if he asked.....

‘So Jenny, you have the heart to do this to me? You have the heart to snatch my husband? My best friend whom i confide in? Whatever have i done to you to deserve this?’ Ugonma had stormed into the room, seething with a rage that had potentials.

‘Relax, Ugo.....what are you talking about? Which husband? The one you said you didn’t love anymore? The one you said shouts the life out of you? The one you accuse of raving and ranting? The one out of whose house you moved? I do not consider Allen your husband. No one treats her husband in the manner you have done. Besides, i love men that shout. It has a way of adding the spice of challenge to our romance.’

The next ten minutes was spent reviving Ugonma. She ended up in the hospital, looking up into the kind eyes of the handsome doctor.

‘From the evidences before me and the honourable men of the jury of this court, i hereby find you guilty as charged, Ugonma Nnakwe. Nothing should have warranted you to take two lives, under whatever level of provocation. The society ought to be rid of sociopaths like you. You are hereby sentenced to death by the hangman’s noose. I rise.’

Her soul had long risen, up and away, to an inevitable afterlife.

(1) (Reply)

Now That I Am Free, I Can Be Me / Don't Be Stupid; Be Angry! / Broken Glass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.