Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,114 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Twist Of Fate. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Twist Of Fate. (63472 Views)

Twist Of Fate / ***A Twist Of Choices*** / 'the Wind Of Fate'...life Of A Nigerian Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twist Of Fate. by purityval(m): 11:54am On Jun 28, 2018
Long story short

All Rights Reserved.

This story is entirely fiction and for mature audience. The names, characters and Incidents portrayed in it are the work of the author’s Imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or localities is entirely coincidental.

The author asserts the moral right to be identified as the Author of this work.

No part of this book may be reproduced in any form written, electronic, recording, or photocopying without written permission of the publisher or author. The exception would be in the case of brief quotations embodied in the critical articles or reviews and pages where permission is specifically granted by the publisher or author.[b]

I have a lawyer that the only language he understand is Let's sue them

Typos, grammatical errors/blunders etc should be ignored or corrected. Comments and likes is highly encouraged.

Thanks

Purityval

0703440 1770.

emmanuelchekwube887@yahoo.com.

CC: jagugu88li

1 Like

Re: Twist Of Fate. by purityval(m): 12:13pm On Jun 28, 2018
ONE

He decided that he’d had enough; the hurts and loneliness. He was taking back the charge over his life. He has cried enough in his heart nursing the hurts of love, shutting off everybody, brooding his heartbreak; he was done.

For the past few weeks he has been a mess, crying through the day and resulting to alcohol at night; everything within him suffered. If only he knew love could hurt so deep.

Standing lazily with puffed eyes, he gathered the empty liquor bottles whose contents have been his companion and left to discard them. As he stepped into the kitchen, the memories came flooding his head; the memories that have been tormenting him. They were perfect and crazy about each other. The days they cooked and ate from the pot while still on the cooker. The nights they spent gossiping about every and anything in the kitchen after series of passionate sex which always left them famished. It was in that same kitchen that they named all their children and planned their perfect future.

Sighing dejectedly, he walked out slowly and headed to the bathroom. He wasn’t surprised at the image that stared back at him through the mirror. He looked like something that the cat couldn’t even drag in. His eyes sunk into their sockets that he could barely see his eye balls. His cheeks dried and sunk like that of an old woman. Three weeks of not shaving, he wasn’t expecting to look smooth.

It took him some minutes to clean up. Dressed in a blue denin pant and a white polo t-shirt he left his apartment for the first time in weeks and headed to his favorite club

He walked into the club and made for the VIP section. The music was blasting from the speakers as he meandered his way through the dancing crowd. Though he is not a good dancer but she was and it always intrigued him how she could whine her waist boneless. He remembered how they’d dance locked up in his room with music from his sound system which often ended in a bout of love making. Everything reminded him of her. She was everything to him; the air he breathe.

“Sir?” the waiters’ voice jolted his mind back.

The VIP lounge was dimply lit that one can barely make out another in the room. He was in thought and didn’t see her approach.

“Oh! Sorry.” He apologized looking up to the waiter whose face he could barely see.

“Sorry if I disturbed your thoughts.” She said curtly waiting to take his order.

“A bottle of Andre please.” He opted for that as he already had a lot of strong liquor in his system for the last few weeks while he wallowed in his misery.

His order came while he was still with his thought. He thanked and tipped her before she left. Sipping from his cup, he relaxed back and watched on as the dance floor was on fire with whining hips. He also tapped away to the sound of the music his mind getting clouded with the thought of her again; no doubt she’d have been giving him a lap dance if she was around. He sighed deeply trying to get her off his mind. He loved that the VIP lounge was empty not like every other Friday night.

He was so deep in thought that he didn’t notice the lady at the extreme dark corner of the room sobbing, languishing herself in a bottle of Royal Challenge until she screamed followed by the crashing sound of a glass cup on the glass wall that demarcated the VIP section breaking a part of it. He was startled and noticed the lady for the first time. Within a twinkle of an eye three bouncers rushed in with the manager and the lights came up illuminating the VIP lounge. She was seated on the floor crying with the bottle beside her and her phone too. They didn’t need a soothsayer to tell them that she was responsible for the crash.

“Take her away.” The manager furiously commanded.

She was dead drunk and mumbling incoherently. He expected that she would apologize, but instead, she stood and charged at the manager cussing. The bouncers were handy and grabbed her before she could get to him. They were going to manhandle her and probably make away with her belongings that he knows for sure. Minding his business was the best he thought but, she’d stirred up an emotion in him; something that made it difficult for him to turn the other way.

“Let me handle this.” He offered walking up to the manager who looked at him scornfully.

“She will have to pay for these damages.” He waved around to the shattered glass.

“How much?”

“Fifty thousand Naira.” He blurted without a thought. He know it’d cost way less than that to repair the damages but the manager just wanted to extort or probably scare him away so that they could do what they want with the lady.

“Ok, let me use your POS.” he didn’t give a thought to that amount being about all he had in his account.

The manager looked disappointed but motioned one of the bouncers to get the POS machine. They threw her to the floor after he paid and left. A look at the lady on the floor sleeping he shuddered in pity; who knows what she might be passing through. Gathering her up, he picked her bag and phone and left.

“Leave me alone.” She mumbled on his shoulder the stench of alcohol filling his nostrils.

“Yea right, I will.”

She looked sophisticated wearing a very expensive designer cologne he noticed. Her state didn’t hide that.

Stepping out from the club he looked around for any sign of a cab but none was in sight. He wasn’t going to carry her like that on his shoulder home, it was an option he can’t even consider. While he waited for any cab that would turn up, a thought urged him to search her bag; maybe she came with a car. True to his thought he saw a car key inside the bag and a bundle of Naira notes. Looking around, he pressed the lock and a black Range Rover Velar beeped twice and stopped. He didn’t want to believe that the drunk lady on his shoulder could own such a ride so he turned away from the car and pressed the remote once again. Again, the beeping sound came from behind him convincing his doubts. Amazed, he stood for a moment before walking towards the car. He got fidgety as he approached the car with so much thoughts running through his head.

This wasn’t how he envisaged his evening to be. Dropping her on the passenger side he moved around to the driver’s side. For a moment he sat confused thinking of what next to do. He didn’t know if to take her to his house or probably take her back and lodge her in the hotel and leave her to her fate. In as much as he wanted to help, he didn’t want to get himself into trouble. What if anything happens to her in his care?

He searched to find a means of identification on her. Hanging on the rear view was her ID. Rosemary, he read her name, a staff of the top most oil company in the country. He turned and looked at the drunk lady surprised. How could someone of such prestige be in such situation? He knows a junkie or an alcoholic when he sees one and the girl right there didn’t look like one. Hope he knew what he was getting himself into. After some thought, he decided to take her home.

TBC

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Twist Of Fate. by aprilwise(m): 1:20pm On Jun 28, 2018
It gonna be a good ride.
Re: Twist Of Fate. by muyex1(m): 2:28pm On Jun 28, 2018
Siting at the front seat with my Agbara, let's go there joor
Re: Twist Of Fate. by Adesina12: 2:33pm On Jun 28, 2018
aprilwise:
It gonna be a good ride.

Sure ...agree
Re: Twist Of Fate. by purityval(m): 3:07pm On Jun 28, 2018
My men falling in @ aprilwise @ Adesina12 @muyex1 you are sighted
Re: Twist Of Fate. by Nogodye(m): 3:43pm On Jun 28, 2018
Thank God, purityval on this again.But am angry bro not even a mention when you're 'bout to start...Moreover, what happen to your blog?
Re: Twist Of Fate. by purityval(m): 4:30pm On Jun 28, 2018
Nogodye:
Thank God, purityval on this again.But am angry bro not even a mention when you're 'bout to start...Moreover, what happen to your blog?

Boss me, no vex jare, I just started noni. Welcome onboard

1 Like

Re: Twist Of Fate. by BiafranBushBoy: 5:21pm On Jun 28, 2018
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

shocked shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Twist Of Fate. by purityval(m): 5:29pm On Jun 28, 2018
Re: Twist Of Fate. by BiafranBushBoy: 5:31pm On Jun 28, 2018
purityval:

Onye oshi grin grin

I will give you exclusive baba

cool
Re: Twist Of Fate. by Edipee(m): 5:50pm On Jun 28, 2018
purityval:

Boss me, no vex jare, I just started noni. Welcome onboard
Owo mmi
Re: Twist Of Fate. by purityval(m): 9:18am On Jun 29, 2018
Flashback.

“Please don’t do this, what about our dreams? This is just for a moment; it will pass.” He pleaded with her for the umpteenth time on the phone. They have been going back and forth on the issue for over an hour on his call time and yet no headway.

“David… I can’t do this any longer. I have a future and I need to make certain of it. You are a good guy and any lady will be so lucky to have you….”

“Then why are you going if any lady will be lucky to have me, Lydia please.”

“I don’t think I am that lady. I don’t think our world are the same again, please just move on with your life.”

That was the last thing he heard before the line went dead.

“Hello… Lydia please, Lydia….” He cried but she was gone.”

Letting the phone slip from his ear, he let himself crash on the floor crying. His world was coming to an end; she is his life, everything he could think of. He felt the world crashing on him as he soaked himself with tears.
Suddenly it seemed everything was going wrong for him. First was his job and now Lydia; the woman he loves. Now the dreams are gone, the plans for the future gone with it.

Lydia was his girlfriend from service year. They met and just like magic something started between them. It was love he never imagined that he’d have. They were the envy of all their friends and even got the best couple award. She was everything he wanted in a woman. They clicked in so many ways and shared almost the same likes. She made his service year the best and memorable.

They had promised each other the future and planned towards it, the number of kids they’d have, where they’d base and the kind of condo they’d build. They had everything planned out and was eagerly waiting on the future to come. How would he have known?

The few months after service year threw in their first challenge. There wasn’t any monthly stipend coming from the government and job wasn’t fast coming as they had dreamed. In this condition, he tried his best to be there for her as much as he could.

David always made sure to give and would go to the extreme to borrow in other to satisfy her needs. She wasn’t the much demanding. In turn she’d offer him little assistance on occasions.

After months of throwing applications in all direction, luck finally smiled on him; he got a contract job that paid fair enough. The pay wasn’t what he’d dreamt of but could manage to get by for them till something better came. The job had been a relieve and another strong support for their future plans.

He didn’t waste time carrying Lydia along when he moved to the state where he was posted. Their love was so strong everyone that came across them could feel it. While he worked, Lydia searched for job. From his salary, he catered for both their needs not failing to always give her some monthly allowance to help her move around and buy other women stuffs.

Their happiness knew no bound when Lydia finally landed it big in a financial institution. It was a day they’d both never forget. If only he knew that that was the beginning of his journey into misery.

TBC

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twist Of Fate. by purityval(m): 9:20am On Jun 29, 2018
Edipee:
Owo mmi

Obong Owo, abadie?
Re: Twist Of Fate. by Edipee(m): 11:22am On Jun 29, 2018
purityval:

Obong Owo, abadie?
Idioko, I dey with you.
Re: Twist Of Fate. by aprilwise(m): 3:40pm On Jun 29, 2018
This story needs to be updated often.
Re: Twist Of Fate. by purityval(m): 5:30pm On Jun 29, 2018
******* continued*********

On the floor his earphone plugged in his ears lost in the world of soul music. He has a thing for cool music especially one about love; it takes his soul on a journey.

It was 9am and he was still laid on the floor deep in thought with music sorting his soul. His visitor or rather the girl he saved from the previous night was sleeping peacefully on his bed. He hasn’t slept a wink since they came back the previous night.

When he brought her home, he’d wanted to just lay her on the bed to sleep but that wasn’t the case. He had barely laid her down when she started throwing up making a mess of his bed. That had turned another work for him as he carried her to the bathroom and got her washed. He couldn’t believe himself showering a stranger, not just any stranger but one that is a beauty and so endowed. Afterwards, he managed to get her into one of his panjamas before laying her down on the yoga mat while he cleaned up the bed. While all these happened, she was so drunk to know herself. All she kept saying was “Let me be.”

Done cleaning and making the bed with a new bed spread, he laid her on the bed before heading off to wash her cloths and the messed up bed spread.

From the bathroom, he’d heard her crying and rushed out thinking that she was awake only to find out that she was crying from her sleep. He couldn’t help but imagine what she was passing through which no one knows. For some seconds he thought of what to do before finally joining her on the bed, he didn’t know if she could hear him, but he kept rocking and telling her not be afraid that he was there for her. Like it worked, her sobs had slowly died off as she drifted back into a peaceful sleep.

He left her afterwards to finish up with the cloths after which he came back but sleep wasn’t forth coming.

She felt numb like something ran over by a train. Her head was splitting from the migraine like headache. Stirring drowsily she tried opening her eyes but the bright light blinded her. She winced and shut them back.

Who could have turned on the lights in her room? She thought. Nobody does that except her alone. Turning with her eyes still shut, she reached for the headboard and tried to pick the light control but couldn’t get it. Sighing, she buried her face in the pillow perceiving a fragrance which wasn’t hers. Tithing her nose, she inhaled the aroma of something delicious.

Like she’d been beaten by an ant, she sprang from the bed and looked around lost. This wasn’t her house. Where is she? The room looked neatly arranged; everything in the right places she observed immediately. She made to think but the headache she felt wasn’t helping. She was still trying to figure out where she was and what must have led her there when he came out from the kitchen.

“Oh! You are awake, good morning.”

Her eyes had roamed over him the moment he stepped out. Who is he and how did she end up with him in his house? He was handsome and moderately built with beautiful eyes and lips she noticed immediately. He looked harmlessly handsome. To her utmost surprise his presence didn’t alarm her.

“Who are you and what am I doing here?” she asked gathering herself. She wanted to sound tough but the pain in her head sent her sitting back on the bed as she winced shutting her eyes.

“I know that will come.” He smiled and walked over to his storage cart, picking a card of paracetamol, without words he handed it to her before leaving to fetch a glass of water.

“You will feel better after that and breakfast will be ready in a jiffy.” he said and left to check what he had on fire. He was making yam and egg sauce. He felt relieved that she woke up alright. What if she didn’t? He left that to his imagination. She was beautiful even in her disheveled state.

Her eyes trailed him as he left. Who is this guy? Something in her felt comfortable about him while another felt different. Gulping down the pills, she noticed for the first time that she was on a male panjamas. Alarmed, her mind raced into a million thoughts. “No” she murmured dipping her hand inside to feel her womanhood. She wasn’t fast enough to pull it out as he walked in on her. He looked surprised but covered it as it came.

“Where are my clothes?” she threw at him. “What happened?”

“Don’t worry, nothing happened.” He said the first thing that came to his mind. “And your cloths are outside. You kinda messed them up last time so I had to wash and spread them to dry. If you feel better now, that’s the bathroom and here, use this.” He continued handing her a new toothbrush. He also pulled a neat towel from his wardrobe and immediately the thought of Lydia came flooding his mind leaving him lost for a moment before he realized himself; it was Lydia’s. Handing over the towel, he showed her to the bathroom and went back to the kitchen.

She tried to think after he left but nothing seemed to be forming in her head. She’d watched him lost for a moment after he pulled out the towel. Did the towel remind him of anything? She didn’t care. She needed answers to what brought her there to which he seemed not to tell her. How could she have messed up her cloths, where did they meet to start with? Her head seemed empty aside the headache which was subsiding.
He came out and saw her still seated on the bed.

“I’ll be outside, let me know when you are done.” He said and left. Maybe his presence was making her uncomfortable.

“Please, who are you and how did I get here?” she asked pleading with her eyes.

He smiled. Such a beautiful smile she thought.

“From the club last night.” He said and left.

Something about him, she thought. He is calm and his presence seemed to touch something in her. Walking lazily, she made her way to the bathroom.

As if her memory was lost, the coldness of the water pouring down on her came bringing images from the previous day. She stiffened, letting the soap fall from her hand as the image of Richard ramming into Nonye right on top of his office table pasted itself on her mind. The shock she had felt was enormous. She let herself fall on the floor as tears came rushing down her eyes. Letting go her emotions she cried under the shower.

He sat on the chair outside looking at her car and thinking. Who could she be? For everything, he knew she could either be rich or from a home of one. Something about her kept unsettling his mind, same feeling that made him interfere in her case and bring her home last night. He held the picture of her in his mind. She was a flawless beauty, her beauty was innocent. He’d admired her while she slept peacefully the previous night. How anybody could hurt such an innocent creature.

Apart from trying to identify her, he prevented himself from digging further into her personals. He’d turned off her phone after it kept ringing none stop and placed it together with her handbag on his table. He didn’t know how she’d react when she wakes up so he’d left it until then.

Breaking away from his thought, he stood and stretched his leg. It was over an hour and she hasn’t called him yet, was she washing away her sin. He became curious and headed into the room. His entrance coincided with her exiting the bathroom. Her eyes were red and puffy. He didn’t need to be told that she’d been crying.

“Are you ok?”

She nodded and tried to force a smile but failed as the tears tricked down again.

“I am sorry I kept……..” she started but the tears wouldn’t let her as she broke down again crying.

He reached out to her before she could crash to the floor and held her up enveloping her in a deep hug. He rocked her gently without words while she cried on his shoulder. Letting her free the emotions was the best way of getting her to feel better. She cried for well over five minutes before gathering herself.

“I am sorry.” She apologized breaking away slowly from the hug. If only she could stay longer, if only she could cry on that shoulder for long, it felt like home.

“It’s ok.”

He walked over to his wardrobe, pulled out a short and polo and handed it to her.

“Your cloths are not dried yet, you can change into this.”

She collected them with thanks looking away as the thought of him having unclothed and seen her unclothedness flooded her mind. If only she could tell what was going on in his mind. He smiled before leaving the room once again.

“Hope I won’t stay outside forever this time.” he joked not turning to her. She caught the joke and smiled.

Taking the cloths to her face, she inhaled deeply, it felt soothing. She held it to her face for a while before changing into them. She couldn’t believe how it fitted as she stared at the mirror in the room. Done admiring herself, she walked out to call him; she didn’t even know his name.
He was sitting on a chair backing the door, reason why he didn’t see her come out. She stood at the door post admiring him not wanting to announce her presence. Suddenly he felt a presence behind him and turned. His jaw dropped as he gaped; lost in her beauty. If she looked exceptional before, she looked indescribable that moment clad in his outfit.

“Wow.” He blew off gathering himself. “Have you been there for long?”

She smiled and his heart melted. “Just came out.” She lied.

“That looks good on you.” He complimented as they walked back into the room.

“Thank you.”

“What do I call you?” she asked the burning question in her heart.

“Oh! My bad. I am David.” He smiled charmingly.

“Rosemary.”

“Lovely name.” he complimented. “That reminds me, your phone is in your bag over there. It kept ringing none stop last night so I had to turn it off.” He motioned to where he’d kept her belongings.

She shrugged nonchalantly not moving to get the phone. He had expected that she would go get her phone but was surprised she didn’t.

“Will get breakfast ready.”

He turned to leave but her voice stopped him.

“I think I need to go.”

“Yea I know but eating something will help cure the hangover.”

“I am fine and thanks for everything. I just need to be on my way.”

He didn’t want to try and convince her against her will despite being disappointed by her sudden desire to leave. He’d expected that they’d eat and probably she will tell him what’s wrong with her. Few minutes ago it seemed they were bonding but ……. He wished she could stay a little longer.

“Aright then, let me pack your cloths.”

He felt angry inside but didn’t let it show. He’d actually cooked so that she could eat before being on her way but now…...

“Here you are.” He said handing her a nylon which contained her cloths and undies.

“Let me pay you for the inconveniences.” She said looking away not to meet his eyes.

The words stung him. He felt insulted but didn’t let it show. This is what he got for being helpful.

“No need,” he faked a smiled.

“I will find a way to get your cloths back.” She said as they stood outside close to her car.

“Don’t worry, it fits you more.”

She blushed fiddling with her key. “Even at that, I still need to give it back.”

“Take it as a gift from a stranger. It was a pleasure meeting you.”

Everything within her was urging her not to go but she had too. No matter how innocent and harmless he looked. The comfort she felt around him was scaring her. Around him her pains felt less. He sparked warm feelings within her.

She didn’t want to look at his face as he held the gate for her to drive out; her will could fail her. She drove as fast as her car could move leaving a cloud of dust behind. She wanted to be far away from him. She didn’t need such comfort to heal from her pains.

He walked back to his room furious. Such an ingrate she is. He was a fool thinking her innocent. Not even a goodbye horn, all she could do was leave a cloud of dust. If he had minded his business, he wouldn’t be feeling that way. He got tired of walking around and settled on the bed having lost his appetite.

TBC

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twist Of Fate. by Ibunkun1(m): 6:34pm On Jun 29, 2018
Hmmmm,cool Welldone

1 Like

Re: Twist Of Fate. by Nogodye(m): 10:24pm On Jun 29, 2018
Coming through...weldone bro

1 Like

Re: Twist Of Fate. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 30, 2018
Purityval.........I haff come ooo grin

1 Like

Re: Twist Of Fate. by Adesina12: 2:47pm On Jun 30, 2018
jagugu88li:

Go and bring food for us
No food no popcorn grin

1 Like

Re: Twist Of Fate. by Nogodye(m): 3:22pm On Jun 30, 2018
purityval, pls update us...lighten this weekend.

1 Like

Re: Twist Of Fate. by purityval(m): 9:03am On Jul 01, 2018
Flashback

Her relationship with Richard was one known to their families. They had consolidated it with an engagement leaving their marriage few months ahead.

They started their relationship from their university days. Richard is from a well to do family and likewise herself but the beauty of their meeting was that none of them knew about each other’s background.

They had started from being friends for over four months before he asked her to be his girlfriend. She didn’t need to play hard to get; they matched in so many level.

Their relationship grew above their university days to service year. They had with the influence of their parents got placed in choice places for their service. Though it was in different state but they kept in touch and were seeing each other every month.

Getting a job after their service was with a flick of finger. While Richard had joined in the business of his father as the only son, Rosemary got an offer from a top oil company.

Their relationship brought their families together. She could pass days over at Richards. They accepted her and when they announced their engagement, it had the full backing of their parents.

How could she have know that there had been another lady in Richards life? There had been subtle signs but she had over looked them. Why won’t she? Richard is a very handsome guy with riches at his finger tips. She couldn’t afford to fight all the ladies that admired him. Yes, most times she got jealous but he was always handy to calm and reassure her of his love. If only she never believed the lies. If only she knew that the enemy wasn’t far from her

She’d been away and wanted to surprise him with a visit. She wanted to see the excitement in his face when she walks in on him busy in his office. Since she left he’d constantly sang it into her ears how he missed her. Their voice calls, skype had been filled with how he missed her more reason she’d wanted to surprise him.

Being who she is, she never visits his office without prior notice but heck, she’d been away for two weeks and missed him like hell and knows that the feeling was mutual. She couldn’t wait to rush into his arms, kiss his lips and let him ravish her in his office. She was dripping already at the thought.

Office sex was a little ritual they established when they both got their jobs and this they reserved for Mondays and Fridays. Mondays always had her visiting him and Fridays him coming around, but whenever an emergency led one of them to each other on other week days; it was always complimented with a good quickie.

She was so excited as she rode the elevator to his office clad in a short gown without panties under. Her anticipation was high having seen his car parked. She could feel herself dripping and couldn’t wait to step out from the damn slow Elevator. Not like the machine moved any slower than before but her eagerness made it so.

“Finally,” she muttered rushing out of the machine as it stopped at his floor. Hurriedly, she walked her way into his office with smiles expecting to meet Uzzy his secretary but she wasn’t on sit, unlike her. An idea crept into her head and she smiled naughtily reaching behind to unfasten her bra hook. Pulling it out, she held it seductively and juggled her boobs as she held the door ready to give him the surprise of the century.

“And the queen is……….” The words stuck to her throat as she held the sight before her on opening the door. She stiffened shocked and speechless. They were so lost to have noticed her presence. Their moans sounded like the clap of thunder in her head. She felt weak and her legs wobbled sending her crashing on the floor. She was speechless and devastated watching them in the act with hot tears streaming down her eyes.

They only noticed her presence when the euphoria of their orgasm has washed through them. She was the first to see her before Richard. The shock, the surprise of been caught in the act was unmistaken on their faces. It had taken everything within her to stand up and run away before they could say a word.

How could they? The two people she trusted. How come she never saw this coming, how could she have been so daft not to notice. Richard and Nonye, the two most important people in her life after family.

She’d ran as fast as her legs could carry her crying. Even when she bumped into Uzzy throwing away the piles of file she had; she didn’t stop. She wanted to disappear, to be far away to a land where nobody could find her.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twist Of Fate. by purityval(m): 9:04am On Jul 01, 2018
jagugu88li:

Finally grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twist Of Fate. by aprilwise(m): 10:55am On Jul 01, 2018
Such is life. ride on .

2 Likes

Re: Twist Of Fate. by Missclare1(f): 1:15pm On Jul 01, 2018
There is another story bearing the same name"Twist of fate"written by Bolape here in nairaland .I think you should consider changing the name of your story.
Re: Twist Of Fate. by purityval(m): 2:43pm On Jul 02, 2018
****** continuation *******

TWO

It was one week gone after the mysterious lady left his house but not his heart. No day passed without him thinking of her. The thought of her had gradually replaced Lydia in his heart. Though the memories still lingered but the hurt was less.

The anger which he had for her ungratefulness had died off replaced by another feeling. He wanted to see her again. Despite not knowing her, he missed her. The thought of her always brought a comfort to his soul. He’d blamed himself a couple of times for not asking to have her contact.
He caught himself lost several times thinking about her and holding her image in his mind. He’d felt her hurts and had wanted to reach out to her. She was innocent and harmless. For so many reasons he wanted to soothe her pains and make them go away despite his own.

Rosemary
She had cried for days locked in her room nursing her heartbreak. The betrayal was too much for her. The world meant less to her.
She had turned off her line ordering her security man not to let anybody into the house and her house help to take a message on all calls coming through her home line.

When she finally exhausted the tears in her tear gland, she dusted herself and decided to pick the pieces of her heart and move on, thank goodness they’ve not kick started their wedding plans. She is hardworking and that alone will take her mind off her hurts; so she thought.
She made up her mind that she wasn’t going to tell anybody about it, not even her family. She didn’t want unnecessary issues. Her mind was made and ahead she was going. If only it’s that easy. Infidelity is a hurt that could take a life time to heal.

“Madam!” her help called surprised as she saw her walking down the stairs. Her happiness was unmistaken and Rose saw it on her face.

“I’m so sorry for all I have put you through.” She apologized going into her helps hands. They shared a special bond. Molly has been her nanny when she was kid and also like a mother. She was someone that she could tell anything, every tiny bit of it. She knew what she must have put her through. She had no doubt that the times she cried in her room; Molly was at the door crying with her. Whenever she brought her food she could see how puffy here eyes were.

“My baby, are you ok?” she’d asked hugging her tightly. She always call her ‘baby’ each time she cried on her shoulder and that moment she was. She is someone she could get vulnerable around and feel comfortable before Richard came into her life.

“I don’t know Molly, I think I will be.” She cried. They both held to each other crying for a while.

“Whatever it is, I know you are strong, don’t let it break you.”

“I don’t know if I can handle this one alone….. its crushing me.” she sobbed subtly.

“It won’t crush you, I am here for you and whatever it is we will face it together.” She consoled through her own tears.

“Now let me fix something for you,” she said breaking the hug, “You are not starving on me again.”

She didn’t have the appetite but knew better than to stop her. She cared for her more than her own mother who was more concerned with business than her only child. Again, she’d suffered her enough. She nodded as Molly left for the kitchen.

She picked her phone from the table where she’d left it the day she came back and powered it. She had over a hundred text messages majority of which were from Richard and Nonye. Few others were from her colleagues and network provider. Marking the messages from Richard and Nonye, she deleted all without reading them.

She was due to resume work in few days having been on two weeks work leave but she wasn’t going to wait till her leave elapsed, she was resuming the following day.

She was barely done with reading other messages when Richards call came in. Brazing herself, she let the phone ring ready to answer if he called again and again he called.

The silence hanging over the phone was deafening as she waited for him to say something. After some minutes without a word from him she ended the call and dropped the phone on the table leaving for the kitchen.

The delicious aroma graced her nose as she made her way into the kitchen bringing with it the thought she was trying hard to put away from her mind.

“I am starving.” She said startling Molly who had her back turned to the door.

“And that is the best thing I have heard in days now.” She retorted turning to her. “I am almost done.”

“I can’t wait.”

She settled on the seat watching Molly while her mind drifted to the stranger. The thought of him was one she has been fighting. The comfort she felt each time he crossed her mind was scary; it was a comfort that soothed her pain and made them hurt less. Even in her hurt, something in her yawned to go back to him. He was innocently handsome. For some reason she felt he was hurting; she saw it in his eyes when he pulled out the towel.

She knew she owed him a debt of gratitude for all he did for her. Till that moment, she couldn’t tell how she came to be in his house. The last she’d remembered was driving into the hotel and making for the VIP section of the club, every other memory seemed to have been blocked off from her mind.

“Madam!!!” Molly called jolting her.

“Yes…. Sorry, what did you say?” the look of concern on Molly face gave her a quilt. “Molly I am fine.” She reassured. “Did you say anything?”

“Richard is dead worried about you; he’d call and has been around every day to see you. Nonye too.”

She sighed looking away. She didn’t want to give Molly a hint but it was clear on her face, those two names disgusted her.

“Guess I will call them back after.” She said flatly.

“Why are you shutting them out?” Molly pressed subtly.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” She said sternly her mood changing as she left the kitchen.

The mention of those two names had suddenly thrown her appetite to the trash. How she hates the mention of their names. To clear her mind, she decided to go for a drive. She needed a feel of some natural air.

Running upstairs, she changed into a short and top; the one from his stranger friend, his scent still lingered on them.

“Madam, your food is ready.” Molly announced meeting her at the foot of the stairs.

“I have lost my appetite.” She said walking past her. She picked her keys from the table and headed for the exit but stop turning to Molly. She saw the hurts in her eyes. She’d been so happy when she announced that she was hungry and was making her favorite and now she was walking out on the food. She wasn’t one that hurt people’s feelings intentionally.

“Come here Molly.” She called walking back to meet her half way enveloping her in a hug. “I will eat when I get back ok? Just keep it warm.”
Molly nodded without words hoping that she’d get over whatever it is that was taking her joy away.

“See you when I get back.” She said and left.

TBC

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twist Of Fate. by donielord(m): 3:56pm On Jul 02, 2018
wow! Another interesting story. Well, i am following shaa. Nice one @OP

1 Like

Re: Twist Of Fate. by Adesina12: 5:27pm On Jul 02, 2018
Purityval!!!!
See you when you get back
We are waiting
See suspense!!!
Sweet popcorn for you

2 Likes

Re: Twist Of Fate. by nastynic(m): 6:05pm On Jul 02, 2018
If I say I love you...

Hope I won't get Mugged For It?
Nice Storyline, Plot Nd Everything Screams Perfection.
More Cash To your account..
May Oluwa Bless Your Hussle.

2 Likes

Re: Twist Of Fate. by lonesome501(m): 8:08pm On Jul 02, 2018
d'nt be like this!!d storyline is superb((yes)),,the suspense is great((yes)),,the characters are wonderful((yes)),,but d updates z xo slow((why))...even if u want to be updating once every 3days((no problem)),,but try and be posting two to three LONG updates..dnt knw if u can still post anoda one 2nite,,but all in all,u ar doing a nice job here..

2 Likes

Re: Twist Of Fate. by Hurklan(m): 10:12am On Jul 03, 2018
good to read from u again.. Purityval..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

TORN (based On A True Life Story) / What Is The Difference Between Learnt And Learned? / ***total Love***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.