Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,593 members, 7,847,508 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:13 PM

Water Melon Farming - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Water Melon Farming (1453 Views)

How To Cultivate Melon (egusi) / How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria / My Dry Season Water Melon Farm In Ebonyi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Water Melon Farming by atcarat: 11:57am On Sep 08, 2016
Please i am new here can anyone teach me how to go about water melon farming?
Re: Water Melon Farming by biggal: 2:26pm On Sep 08, 2016
Me too
Re: Water Melon Farming by yomie040(m): 6:16pm On Sep 08, 2016
Pm me
Re: Water Melon Farming by P3(m): 8:35pm On Sep 08, 2016
Me too
Re: Water Melon Farming by P3(m): 10:43pm On Sep 08, 2016
P3:
Me too
pitrivest@gmail.com
Re: Water Melon Farming by atcarat: 10:50am On Sep 09, 2016
Can you tell us on here how one can successfully farm water melon and the least capital one can begin with?
Re: Water Melon Farming by Ezinwa25(f): 1:29pm On Sep 10, 2016
atcarat:
Please i am new here can anyone teach me how to go about water melon farming?

Kindly go to Google, type in watermelon planting.
and you will be directed to topics created by nairalanders who are into watermelon farming.

1 Like

Re: Water Melon Farming by adexgii(m): 3:43pm On Sep 10, 2016
Growing watermelon is actually very easy, you can either do a sack farming or plant directly on soil.
Firstly you need a well fertile soil that is not water logged, get your seed from the market or you can get the seeds from a consumed water melon, just make sure the seed is dry then plant in the morning before the sun comes out. Plz note watermelon does not like too much water at the same time the soil should not be dry.
Let me know if you are following.
Re: Water Melon Farming by P3(m): 8:49pm On Sep 10, 2016
Am following pls continue.
Re: Water Melon Farming by jantavanta(m): 7:17am On Sep 11, 2016
I had a problem. The soil became water-logged and the watermelons rotted.
Re: Water Melon Farming by adexgii(m): 11:29am On Sep 11, 2016
from where I stopped, to avoid water logged you can do a sack farming, to learn about sack farming of watermelon please contact me and I will be glad to help. make sure the soil is very fertile, within 3-4 days you should start seeing leaves from your planted seeds. nurture your plant with a reasonable amount of water and care. then you can harvest your water melon in 90days.
Re: Water Melon Farming by know: 10:17am On Aug 22, 2017
adexgii:
from where I stopped, to avoid water logged you can do a sack farming, to learn about sack farming of watermelon please contact me and I will be glad to help. make sure the soil is very fertile, within 3-4 days you should start seeing leaves from your planted seeds. nurture your plant with a reasonable amount of water and care. then you can harvest your water melon in 90days.

Pls continue, am following sir. Just applied herbicide to my land..after which I will commence planting. Can you recommend the right seed variety I can use.. someone told me 'Technism' is ok
Re: Water Melon Farming by ismail77: 1:17pm On Aug 22, 2017
@adexgii pls I want to know about planting watermelon with sack.

(1) (Reply)

Agriculture, My Only Way Out / Order For Your Delicious Smoked Catfish / Which Is More Profitable;watermelon Or Cucumber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.