Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing (5498 Views)

Airtel SMARTTRYBE Is Now A Scam / Airtel Repackaged "Airtel Smarttrybe" 11k/sec All Networks, N50 For 1.5GB Data. / Difference Btw Airtel And Mtn #25 Night Browsing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by kennykendo(m): 1:09am On Sep 09, 2016
N'landers by 12.am today I recharged my Airtel line with #100 and I had #4 making it a total of #104 now i hit d ussd codes for the night browsing plan.. for 30 minutes it kept saying insufficient funds.. I restarted my phone severally..
Then I decided to complain to cc... a lady said the plan has been suspended for now.. before I could ask anything else she cut off.
Now my bro called them because he was witnessing the same issue.. and they said its no more #50 that I have to recharge #200 ...to get the plan.
What am asking is why would they do this without letting the public aware.. embarassed

it's very painful.. just try and access your balance if you are on smarttrybe and still see the fraudulent message you'll get.
e don too much for them..
Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by Prodigee: 1:14am On Sep 09, 2016
Same here...can't suscribe to their nite browsing plan. their cc agents are not even available. bunch of suckers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by jay055: 1:40am On Sep 09, 2016
sad and true. Try using their 25naira for 500mb plan.Still works
Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by RandomVic(m): 1:40am On Sep 09, 2016
You mean Hell-tel
Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by Mckandre(m): 1:43am On Sep 09, 2016
can the N25 own be used multiple?
Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by Andremani(m): 1:48am On Sep 09, 2016
kennykendo:
N'landers by 12.am today I recharged my Airtel line with #100 and I add #4 making it a total of #104 now i hit d ussd codes for the night browsing plan.. for 30 minutes it kept saying insufficient funds.. I restarted my phone severally..
Then I decided to complain to cc... a lady said the plan has been suspended for now.. before I could ask anything else she cut off.
Now my bro called them because he was witnessing the same issue.. and they said its no more #50 that I have to recharge #200 ...to get the plan.
What am asking is why would they do this without letting the public aware.. embarassed

it's very painful.. just try and access your balance if you are on smarttrybe and still see the fraudulent message you'll get.
e don too much for them..
same wif me... I called nd was told the plan now costs 200
Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by Tintinnoty(m): 2:00am On Sep 09, 2016
op u just opened the book of lamentation, if it has been suspended, then so be it you just ...........zoom on

1 Like

Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by momentumzee: 2:02am On Sep 09, 2016
It still works bro.. ...but it's now 2h for 1.5gb... .they deducted a whooping 2h when I subscribed.. ..called CC and they sed it's now 2h.. ...imagine. ..no heads up....nothing. ...only in Nigeria

1 Share

Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by endy4oxide(m): 2:26am On Sep 09, 2016
still working.... using it to browse now
Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by Fidelismaria: 3:32am On Sep 09, 2016
Screw Dem Anoda Name For Airtel Is Scam Thieves I Aint Payin 2h For Shit
Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by Nobody: 4:20am On Sep 09, 2016
Still working
Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by Birniwa(m): 4:45am On Sep 09, 2016
It's true. For me, they managed to deduct the N50 but every page I tried accessing redirects me back to Facebook Free Basics which means no any data allocated in the first place.

I blame our torpid NCC for everything these alien telecom operators do to Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by chumakk: 4:46am On Sep 09, 2016
Mckandre:
no
Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by Nobody: 5:07am On Sep 09, 2016
Stupid people, the only thing that made people come to their network and they just shut it down.... Glo has that same 200 for 1gb.. I rather stick with glo than stay with slayers.
Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by Sprintx24(m): 6:16am On Sep 09, 2016
Same thing happened to me, just came on nairaland to see if I was the only one affected, glad I saw this thread. Somebody above said the #25 for 500mb still works like before, is this true?? Anybody?? Not really happy with this news!
Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by pat077: 7:25am On Sep 09, 2016
Is yhe 25 naira plan still working?
Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by OGeeKush(m): 7:48am On Sep 09, 2016
Mehn... Airtel is just stupid, they always have some good internet plans expecially the night plan. Only for them fools to allow their greed over power them. Now watch as you lose subscribers.

Mofos angry
Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by Darnyel: 8:08am On Sep 09, 2016
Mckandre:

It could before; not anymore.
Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by Darnyel: 8:09am On Sep 09, 2016
pat077:
Is yhe 25 naira plan still working?

Yes
Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by Darnyel: 8:17am On Sep 09, 2016
Andremani:
same wif me... I called nd was told the plan now costs 200

Imagine what these networks do. They start a plan, allow people get used to it and suddenly scrap it or at best increase the tariff without prior notice. Imagine if you had up to N200 airtime balance, it would just be swept. What a subtle way of conning subscribers.
Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by FunkyMetahuman: 8:20am On Sep 09, 2016
those fraudulent bastards..

all airtel plan is now a bait.

they stole my 1000 when they canceled their first might plan
they stole 500 when they cancelled the 5times promo
they stole 200 with their useless opera social data.
now another 200 last night.
excluding all the times I will subscribe and they won't give me data and had to resubscribe again before it works..

imagine for this bad economy make one useless network dey use style defraud us.

thunder fire them and the company will eventually be out of business in all the God (s) names angry
Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by kennykendo(m): 9:29am On Sep 09, 2016
Tintinnoty:
op u just opened the book of lamentation, if it has been suspended, then so be it you just ...........zoom on
Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by kennykendo(m): 9:37am On Sep 09, 2016
Tintinnoty:

bro this is a forum.. just tryna enlighten some of us who may not be aware of d scam in network.... called Airtel.. even the so called 1.5gb doesn't last.. sometimes you barely make use of 800mb, and they start redirecting you to the freebasics nonsense..

my brother two nights ago, subscribed for the 1.5gb plan. by 12:11am ..
no gmail account is available on that phone and he makes use of Opera Max to read his data..
do you know that after receiving 6 unreplied whatsapp messages.. not videos ooo just texts... the next thing he opens uc browser to browse and he starts seeing the freebasics nonsense.. he tries Opera mini.. d same shit.. all this happening b4 12:30
he switches off his phone two tyms... and decides to call cc.. the next thing the agent says is... u av exhausted your data.
I felt like slapping the lady... honestly. cos this one na Scam by early morning..
NCC is trying but they should do better because this Airtel is scamming...
if we complain of leaving, people who haven't been affected will still join and spend money... the circle continues.
Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by coolopj: 9:46am On Sep 09, 2016
If you do airtel #25 for 500MB.After you exhaust it you can't do another one again you'll get a message you're already active on this plan.They've follow the mtn footstep now
Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by musa56(m): 9:50am On Sep 09, 2016
I never used Airtel before, but when I heard of their Night plan I bought two airtel sim and I Subscribe at least 4 to 5 times a week. Because I love downloading movies online. Hearing about this update is a huge disappointment. I pray they loose 1million subscribers..

4 Likes

Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by encryptjay(m): 9:54am On Sep 09, 2016
All these networks are so inconsistent.
After all the praises that has been heaped on Airtel for this plan plus some people they scammed too.
They just had to activate that greed/disappointment button.

Or dem vex as some people do that 200h for 20 gig tweak grin
Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by Marcus2(m): 9:58am On Sep 09, 2016
I don't understand what you all are saying cuz I did the one of 50 # for 1.5gb and it worked, I even did it twice.
Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by agrovick(m): 11:07am On Sep 09, 2016
Now I can get a good night sleep, the plan was quite helpful though.
Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by Dopenigga(m): 11:15am On Sep 09, 2016
I f**king hate dis network and their cunny ways of scamming customers.f**k dem am switching to mtn..so pissed right now angry
Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by miztersale(m): 11:24am On Sep 09, 2016
Airtel are just bloody fuckers
Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by Bratking(m): 11:28am On Sep 09, 2016
I don't know what y'all talkin bout. I used the 1.5gb plan thrice early this morning & only 150 was deducted from my borrowed airtime. the plan is still working jare.
Re: Airtel Stops Smarttrybe Night Browsing by Greatzeus(m): 1:17pm On Sep 09, 2016
Tintinnoty:
I tire ohh, Airtel is not a charity organization, they are here to make profit. Even if it lasted a week give it to them,they tried.Where else will you get 1.5gb for N50? Call your peeps overseas and inquire about data cost,convert the amount to naira and compare it with the ones we have here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls I Want To Flash Ma Nokia 5300, Help Me Out With A Code Or Format / How Do I Configure My China Phone To Browse? / Sim Unlock Arrows Tab Docomo Model Number: F-01D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.