Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,040 members, 7,838,614 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

We Are Precious In God's Hands - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Are Precious In God's Hands (554 Views)

You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) / Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! / Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Precious In God's Hands by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 09, 2016
1.GOD created all things but he made u it shows u are precious.
2.He created all things in different statures but he made u in his own image.It shows u are precious.
3.HE created all things but u were asked to name everything he created.It shows I am precious.
4.Everything was created first but u were specially made by him in his beautiful image of holiness to rule and head over all things that were created before u were.It shows u are precious.
5.Everything that was made before u had no fellowship with him but here u are eating and winning with him.It shows we are precious.
6.Other things were made for our satisfaction while Jesus was made to redeem us for God's satisfaction.It shows we are precious.
God could do all things but in d place of praise he has made u to praise him.Who are we men?It shows we are precious.
His precious blood makes u precious.Those that rule according to his will neva deviate themselves from his will

REMAIN BLESS
Re: We Are Precious In God's Hands by ifenes(m): 11:13am On Sep 09, 2016
@Lilyqueen There are two bible verses I will like you to explain for me. Do you mind?
Re: We Are Precious In God's Hands by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 09, 2016
ifenes:
@Lilyqueen There are two bible verses I will like you to explain for me. Do you mind?

Go ahead
Re: We Are Precious In God's Hands by ifenes(m): 11:23am On Sep 09, 2016
lilyqueen:

Go ahead

Thanks!

Deuteronomy 21 :10-14) "When thou goest forth to war ... And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her ... Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house, and ... thou shalt go in unto her ... And it shall be, if thou have no delight in her, then thou shalt let her go

Deuteronomy 22:13-21

13 If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her,

14 And give occasions of speech against her, and bring up an evil name upon her, and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid:

15 Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate:

16 And the damsel's father shall say unto the elders, I gave my daughter unto this man to wife, and he hateth her;

17 And, lo, he hath given occasions of speech against her, saying, I found not thy daughter a maid; and yet these are the tokens of my daughter's virginity. And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city.

18 And the elders of that city shall take that man and chastise him;

19 And they shall amerce him in an hundred shekels of silver, and give them unto the father of the damsel, because he hath brought up an evil name upon a virgin of Israel: and she shall be his wife; he may not put her away all his days.

20 But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel:

21 Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the LovePeddler in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.
Re: We Are Precious In God's Hands by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 09, 2016
ifenes:

Thanks!

Deuteronomy 21 :10-14) "When thou goest forth to war ... And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her ... Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house, and ... thou shalt go in unto her ... And it shall be, if thou have no delight in her, then thou shalt let her go

Deuteronomy 22:13-21

13 If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her,

14 And give occasions of speech against her, and bring up an evil name upon her, and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid:

15 Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate:

16 And the damsel's father shall say unto the elders, I gave my daughter unto this man to wife, and he hateth her;

17 And, lo, he hath given occasions of speech against her, saying, I found not thy daughter a maid; and yet these are the tokens of my daughter's virginity. And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city.

18 And the elders of that city shall take that man and chastise him;

19 And they shall amerce him in an hundred shekels of silver, and give them unto the father of the damsel, because he hath brought up an evil name upon a virgin of Israel: and she shall be his wife; he may not put her away all his days.

20 But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel:

21 Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the LovePeddler in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.

The first verse means

If an Israelite saw among
captives taken in war a woman, fair of
aspect, and loved her, and took her to be
his wife, he was to allow her a full month to
mourn her lost kindred, and become
accustomed to her new condition, before he
consummated his union with her. This
refers to captives from other nations than
those of Canaan, with whom the Israelites
were to form no alliance, and whom they
were not to take captive, but either wholly
destroy or render tributary

The second verse means

A marriage shall be considered valid only
if the wife is a virgin. If the wife is not a
virgin, she shall be executed.
Re: We Are Precious In God's Hands by ifenes(m): 2:24pm On Sep 09, 2016
lilyqueen:

The first verse means

If an Israelite saw among
captives taken in war a woman, fair of
aspect, and loved her, and took her to be
his wife, he was to allow her a full month to
mourn her lost kindred, and become
accustomed to her new condition, before he
consummated his union with her. This
refers to captives from other nations than
those of Canaan, with whom the Israelites
were to form no alliance, and whom they
were not to take captive, but either wholly
destroy or render tributary

The second verse means

A marriage shall be considered valid only
if the wife is a virgin. If the wife is not a
virgin, she shall be executed.

A a female,don't you find those verses offensive and degrading?

4 Likes

Re: We Are Precious In God's Hands by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 09, 2016
ifenes:

A a female,don't you find those verses offensive and degrading?

I agree with you concerning the first verse

The only problem in the second verse is the part where the lady would be killed if she is not a virgin . That is an harsh judgement.
Re: We Are Precious In God's Hands by oaroloye(m): 4:02pm On Sep 10, 2016
SHALOM!

I believe that use of the "u" and "ur" abbreviation is a sign of insincerity and unintelligence. Was that how you were taught English in school?

Is that how you write Job Applications and Business Letters?
Re: We Are Precious In God's Hands by stsinner: 7:25pm On Sep 13, 2016
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

I believe that use of the "u" and "ur" abbreviation is a sign of insincerity and unintelligence. Was that how you were taught English in school?

Is that how you write Job Applications and Business Letters?
are you high or what? What meaningful thing have you contributed here?

(1) (Reply)

Christians, Who Is Jesus To You? / Bag Of Rice Will Sell For N5, 000, Fuel For N30 – Prophet Okeowo / Is The 'garden Of Eden' A Myth???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.