Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

The Future Of Tech: 22-year-old British Student Invents A Mobile Fridge (pics) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Future Of Tech: 22-year-old British Student Invents A Mobile Fridge (pics) (868 Views)

Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex / Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant / Nigeria Man Kehinde Durojaiye Invents A Jet Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Future Of Tech: 22-year-old British Student Invents A Mobile Fridge (pics) by BrainnewsNg(f): 3:25pm On Sep 09, 2016
By Ojo Damilare Opeyemi,

Will Broadway, a twenty-two-year-old British student, has won himself the annual James Dyson Award, open to students across the world with a simple brief – design something that solves a problem.

He invented a mobile fridge named “Isobar” designed to keep vaccines at the ideal temperature while in transit in developing countries since the current methods of transporting vaccines can result in the vaccines freezing before reaching their destination in countries where poverty and conflict are major obstacles.

“I make things every day for people who have everything. I wanted to make something for people who have next to nothing. I don’t plan to make money from this invention. It should be a basic human right, in my opinion, to have a vaccination,” a part of his report read. He went on to explain that his focus is to get it to people who need it, which is why he won’t be trying to get a patent.

The device maintains a steady two-eight degrees for 30 days. It works by heating ammonia and water to create ammonia vapours, which are then released into its main chamber when cooling is needed. The product has been designed to transport vaccines, but already Broadway sees potential for other medical uses in the developing world and beyond.

Will’s invention is sure to save the lives of 1.5 million people across the world; a number he says is “astonishing”. The student, who obviously is excited by the result of his innovation, says his focus is taking the Isobar into production – something he plans to oversee. “I would be hands on, all the way through it, knowing that it works,” he says.

In his submission, Will Broadway described himself as a problem solver. “I was inspired to start work on a portable refrigeration unit in 2012 when I visited Cambodia and parts of south East Asia. These trips sparked an interest! It pushed me. Something needs to be solved for this major issue.”

Source: http://brainnewsng.com/the-future-of-tech22-year-old-british-student-invents-a-mobile-fridge/

Lalasticlala
Re: The Future Of Tech: 22-year-old British Student Invents A Mobile Fridge (pics) by BrainnewsNg(f): 3:25pm On Sep 09, 2016

(1) (Reply)

How To Monitor A Friend's Calls Remotely From Your Phone / Misoprostol / Attention Mod, The Need For A Homemade/selfmade Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.