Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,780 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers (8390 Views)

8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging / 7 Silly Mistakes New Bloggers Makes When Applying For Adsense - Mediapace / 7 Top Niches New Bloggers Can Use By Mediapace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by GadgetsR: 3:27pm On Sep 09, 2016
This article talks about my My Top 5 Recommended WordPress Plugins For New Bloggers. I strongly recommend you use these plugins if you are a new blogger.

Now you are thinking of where to start with your blog right? I’ve been there! It’s not easy when you venture into starting your own blog. You always have this thought like how do I start? If peradventure you have gotten a domain name and your blog is live and you have successfully chosen a theme. The big question is, with the thousands of plugins available, what kind of plugins do I need to drive traffic to my blog at the “speed of light”?

I have compiled five (5) plugins that I strongly recommend will boost your blog and increase traffic. I have also listed what you should know when it comes to choosing a plugin in the nearest future.

THE KEY FEATURES TO LOOK FOR IN A WORDPRESS PLUGIN

Reviews: This is very key because you wouldn’t want to install and activate any plugin that 80 percent of the reviews are 1 star reviews. You should take this seriously because people that have used it are experienced, they know the pros and cons, and thus their reviews are very important in your decision in choosing any WordPress plugin.
Description: This is also very important. You need to understand what the plugin is all about and the description should give you an idea of what to expect when you download and activate the plugin.
Downloads: of course, this is also another key feature to look at. We humans believe if any plugin receives more than five (5) zeros in downloads, that means it performs above average. You should check this too.
Compatibility: I saved this for the last because it is very important. You should check if the plugin you want to install is compatible with the version of your WordPress to avoid glitches in the future.

MY TOP 5 RECOMMENDED WORDPRESS PLUGINS FOR NEW BLOGGERS

1. Yoast SEO plugin: If you are looking for the first plugin to install and activate in your WordPress blog, Yoast SEO plugin is the plugin I strongly recommend. This plugin allows you to put your favorite keywords, you can write meta titles and descriptions for all your category, tag and custom taxonomy archives, giving you the option to further optimize each post and pages.

It has three colors of green, yellow and red. Green tells you that your SEO is good, yellow tells you that you need improvement and red tells you that your SEO is bad. This plugin also ensures that your content is the type of content search engines will love. Furthermore, you can create XML your sitemap with this plugin which means you don’t need to install another plugin to create XML sitemaps for u. I used this plugin for all my posts. I strongly recommend Yoast SEO plugin for new bloggers.

2.SumoMe Plugin:This is a suite of plugins. It has sticky social media icons that ensure that your users see it often to share your post at all times making it a great plugin to drive traffic to your site. It also has an easy way of doubling your email subscribers by popping up so users can subscribe to your post each time they visit your site with the simple email integration with MailChimp. I use SumoMe Plugin and I strongly recommend it for new bloggers

3. Akimset: Talking about spam messages. This a great plugin to deal with spam. Akimset is very good to fight comments outside the topic discussed on your post. Spam messages are not good and you should not allow them in anyway. Akimset fight spams in the background and you really don’t need to bother yourselves deleting unwanted comments from your blog. I strongly recommend Akimset plugin for new bloggers.

4. Google Analyticator:
Google Analyticator is the plugin you need to monitor traffic on your blog/website. You need to ensure traffic flow is checked, you need to know about bounce rate (which is the time a user spends on a page before leaving your blog). You need to check pageviews and so many more. Google Analyticator is a plugin I strongly recommend for new bloggers.

5. Subscribe to comments: Subscribe to comments plugin is a very essential tool for new bloggers. This is because you want your commenters to come back to your blog after they have left a comment. This plugin sends a mail to your commenter when you reply their comments, thus enabling them to revisit your site once gain. This is another pageview to your site stats. I strongly recommend subscribe to comments plugin for new bloggers.

Among the many plugins available, try my top 5 recommended plugins for new bloggers and see the awesomeness in traffic flow.

If you have any more recommended plugin(s), kindly leave a comment. Let’s hear your view.

Xoxo.

Micheal

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by techinfong: 3:49pm On Sep 09, 2016
Nice one hope. Any alternative to Google Analytics?
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by GadgetsR: 4:30pm On Sep 09, 2016
techinfong:
Nice one hope. Any alternative to Google Analytics?

Hello Techinfong, there are like Piwik, www.openwebanalytics.com etc. However, I will recommend Google Analytics to anyone anytime. The stats are just awesome and I don't think I want to use another aside Google Analytic. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 09, 2016
1. Yoast SEO

2. Jetpack

3. Google Analytics

4. WP fastest cache

5. Update draft for backup

SumoMe is not compulsory, Jetpack can be used instead....

Subscribe to comment is out also, because comment is another thing.
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by GadgetsR: 4:42pm On Sep 09, 2016
Gidimasters2:
1. Yoast SEO
2. Jetpack
3. Google Analytics
4. Contact form 7

Hello Gidimasters2, Jetpack is an awesome plugin to start with as well and of course contact form. Thanks for sharing. smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by GadgetsR: 4:44pm On Sep 09, 2016
Gidimasters2:
1. Yoast SEO

2. Jetpack

3. Google Analytics

4. WP fastest cache

5. Update draft for backup

SumoMe is not compulsory, Jetpack can be used instead....

Subscribe to comment is out also, because comment is another thing.

Wow! Thanks for the info mate. Can you enlighten me on Update draft for backup pls?

1 Like

Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 09, 2016
GadgetsR:

Wow! Thanks for the info mate. Can you enlighten me on Update draft for backup pls?
It's will automatically backup your WordPress files to external server like Dropbox, Google Drive etc.....

Meanwhile, check Must Answered Questions Before Choosing Blogging Niche

And

SEO Tips To Yield Excellent Search Engine Result
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by duduyemi02: 5:04pm On Sep 09, 2016
I want to host my wordpress on hostigator but i don't if they do accept Naira master card. Can some help me out pls
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 09, 2016
duduyemi02:
I want to host my wordpress on hostigator but i don't if they do accept Naira master card. Can some help me out pls
make use of PayPal account
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by GadgetsR: 5:25pm On Sep 09, 2016
duduyemi02:

Yes I can bro! I am hosted on their server. Kindly send me a mail on ifeoluwao@gadgetsradar.com. I really need to explain something to you. That's if you are interested. It's better to know the pros and cons

Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by GadgetsR: 5:25pm On Sep 09, 2016
Gidimasters2:
make use of PayPal account

This is not easy as you think.
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 09, 2016
GadgetsR:

This is not easy as you think.
Easiest bro, provided your PayPal account is active
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by semasir: 6:14pm On Sep 09, 2016
God forbid I recommend HostGator to someone when the likes of namecheap and godaddy or siteground exist. Your site will be up and running for a day or two and off afterwards in the name of confirmation of payment

duduyemi02:
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 09, 2016
Foolish boy

Jiblotech

Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by duduyemi02: 8:56pm On Sep 09, 2016
GadgetsR:

Yes I can bro! I am hosted on their server. Kindly send me a mail on ifeoluwao@gadgetsradar.com. I really need to explain something to you. That's if you are interested. It's better to know the pros and cons
Can we talk on whatsapp?
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by GadgetsR: 9:17pm On Sep 09, 2016
semasir:
God forbid I recommend HostGator to someone when the likes of namecheap and godaddy or siteground exist. Your site will be up and running for a day or two and off afterwards in the name of confirmation of payment

Lol. Funny you bro.

1 Like

Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by GadgetsR: 9:18pm On Sep 09, 2016
duduyemi02:

Can we talk on whatsapp?

Of course we can bro!
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by duduyemi02: 9:43pm On Sep 09, 2016
GadgetsR:

Of course we can bro!
Hook me up on 08061141275
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by semasir: 9:49pm On Sep 09, 2016
Sincerely...... I almost got my startup ruined in 2013/2014 no thanks to HostGator then with their clearance then

GadgetsR:

Lol. Funny you bro.
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by GadgetsR: 11:31pm On Sep 09, 2016
semasir:
Sincerely...... I almost got my startup ruined in 2013/2014 no thanks to HostGator then with their clearance then

Lol. When did you opt out of their service?
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by semasir: 9:54am On Sep 10, 2016
2014....thought they've changed when a client ordered for their plans this year but same na ni

GadgetsR:

Lol. When did you opt out of their service?
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by GadgetsR: 5:47pm On Sep 11, 2016
semasir:
2014....thought they've changed when a client ordered for their plans this year but same na ni

Lol. So which host are u using now and how much do you pay yearly?
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by miqos02(m): 6:16am On Sep 12, 2016
cool
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by agwom(m): 6:17am On Sep 12, 2016
nice...
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by Brightgem(f): 6:22am On Sep 12, 2016
Thanks for the lights flooded upon our blogging knowledge at least I now know what those plugins do for me a bit better. I blog @ www.yourhealthattitude.com
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by lajoshua: 6:31am On Sep 12, 2016
nice one op... but for newbie bloggers I'll advice you use blogger as your platform(CMS)... for some reasons. that is what we use @ www.voiceofaudacity.com ...you can check my signature if you need help with any blogging or website issues
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 12, 2016
Usa adsense for sale
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by Nonso92(m): 6:42am On Sep 12, 2016
Still prefer godaddy, thinking of buying a domain this week from them.

https://mybadagryblog.
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by Nobody: 6:46am On Sep 12, 2016
Nonso92:
Still prefer godaddy, thinking of buying a domain this week from them.

https://mybadagryblog.
Hope you know you will pay WordPress before you can change your . domain?
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by Nonso92(m): 7:01am On Sep 12, 2016
Gidimasters2:
Hope you know you will pay WordPress before you can change your . domain?

Again?? So are you advising that I buy directly from wordpress?
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by samx4real(m): 7:07am On Sep 12, 2016
This is great...

Seems I should go back to my wordpress
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by Shobizz(m): 7:26am On Sep 12, 2016
wow thanks for the info.

After installing Akismet I was asked to pay some cash to fully activate.
any help on this I will be grateful and like that of Google analyst is didn't get the setup well so I uninstall

Wordpress own Akismet

Godaddy is great and awesome, just try them.

But Niaja why we no dey patronize our home base hosting company
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Often Do You Google Yourself? / Php Random Script To Generate Pin No. / Post All Your Web Development Issues Here (php, Sql, Html, Javascript, Css)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.