Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 (2392 Views)

Between Lexus 330 And Acura MDX 2008 Which Is Reliable / Help Decide Between This Two Cars.lexus GS300 2006 and. Acura tex 2009 / The Volvo Xc90 SUV: To Kill Or Not To Kill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 by bennywise30(m): 11:22pm On Sep 09, 2016
Please can someone help me out here , acura mdx 2005 and volvo xc90 2005 ,which one is better and with low fuel consumption both maintenance,
Re: Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 by consultancy: 11:30pm On Sep 09, 2016
dnt av much to contribute, but i use an acura mdx 05, and its notin close to fuel efficient. im nt complaining though cos it serves me just ryt.

2 Likes

Re: Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 by diportivo: 7:48am On Sep 10, 2016
bennywise30:
low fuel consumption

Bros,big man,big wahala oh grin

If u can afford any of the two,fuel shouldn't be an issue

If na fuel u dey fear,abeg buy.....

Kia picanto

Kia Rio

Hyundai i10

Hyundai accent

Toyota starlet

Toyota yaris

Nissan Micra

Chery QQ

Honda jazz

Keke marwa(my fav wink )

Or,kill them all and buy the Toyota Prius.....

With these above,you will save fuel like mad..

I would personally do the 05 MDX over the Volvo tho

2 Likes

Re: Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 by nurey(m): 8:56am On Sep 10, 2016
Mdx
More seats 3rd row seats
Fat on road
More luxurious

Volvo
Better offroader
Premium quality build
Dash board interesting but no navigation
Top quality engine including the T5

The Volvo is just gaining ground but I can tell you it's a quality ride with strong body and a what's that car factor, the Mdx is a head Turner, more Behind but something about the Acuras electricals always put me off.

Over all I won't pick any of the two, because they don't appeal to me.
Re: Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 by diportivo: 9:39am On Sep 10, 2016
nurey:
Mdx
More seats 3rd row seats

Volvo sef get 3 rows

3 Likes

Re: Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 by nurey(m): 2:45pm On Sep 10, 2016
diportivo:

Volvo sef get 3 rows

Is it standard on all?
Re: Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 by diportivo: 5:06pm On Sep 10, 2016
nurey:

Is it standard on all?

Iv not seen one without 3rows

Guess its standard

2 Likes

Re: Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 by modak: 7:45pm On Sep 10, 2016
Volvo is Sweedish built and has the reputation of being built like a 'Tank'. because of its traditional safety features in which Volvo are pioneer. For family use and if you are I reckon its value for money
Should you wish a 'Guy and Hippy' vehicle perhaps MDX Acura may win with you. I understand its a Cousin to Honda CRV

There are three row version ( seven seater ) but not common and when you come across them luggage compartment is minimum.

Overall
Re: Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 by modak: 7:50pm On Sep 10, 2016
If you ferry around a battalion of infants, relatives and accessories check the luggage compatments for the two and ensure you pick the right size vehicle
Overall both are good
Re: Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 by HOTARIO(m): 9:41pm On Sep 10, 2016
modak:
Volvo is Sweedish built and has the reputation of being built like a 'Tank'. because of its traditional safety features in which Volvo are pioneer. For family use and if you are I reckon its value for money
Should you wish a 'Guy and Hippy' vehicle perhaps MDX Acura may win with you. I understand its a Cousin to Honda CRV

There are three row version ( seven seater ) but not common and when you come across them luggage compartment is minimum.

Overall

The MDX is way out of the league of the CRV. The Honda badged cousin is the Pilot.

Op, as someone pointed out earlier fuel should not be a deal breaker because the X is powered by a 3.5l v6 engine. But if you treat her well, she will do the same.
Re: Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 by bennywise30(m): 8:23am On Sep 11, 2016
Thanks guys for your replies, the problem I have now is which baby jeep or fancy jeep can 1.7 million afford with the present economy of nigeria ,I prefer toyota but the amount I have can't afford any of them, like highlander, rav4 or others

1 Like

Re: Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 by valarinz: 10:53am On Sep 13, 2016
nurey:
Mdx
More seats 3rd row seats
Fat on road
More luxurious

Volvo
Better offroader
Premium quality build
Dash board interesting but no navigation
Top quality engine including the T5

The Volvo is just gaining ground but I can tell you it's a quality ride with strong body and a what's that car factor, the Mdx is a head Turner, more Behind but something about the Acuras electricals always put me off.

Over all I won't pick any of the two, because they don't appeal to me.

Volvo XC90 has 3 seats row too 98% of them
Volvo XC90 has navigation too,

When giving advise, especially on a public worldwide forum, its always better not to appear to speak with utmost confidence on a topic you're aware you don't know much about, if your aim is to advertise your preferred brand then just do so and move on.
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 by nurey(m): 12:33pm On Sep 13, 2016
valarinz:

Volvo XC90 has 3 seats row too 98% of them
Volvo XC90 has navigation too,

When giving advise, especially on a public worldwide forum, its always better not to appear to speak with utmost confidence on a topic you're aware you don't know much about, if your aim is to advertise your preferred brand then just do so and move on.
Thanks

Anytime you come here and spew trash, don't ever quote me. I have seen two xc90 everyday and they don't have 3rd row and neither do they have navigation. I have seen so many xc90 and I have not seen them with NAV. So it means NAV isn't standard on them.

Mr ITK you just attacked my opinion which I am entitled to and never gave the op the needed advice. What does that say about you. If you are frustrated please don't transfer your aggression on me, am just a kid

2 Likes

Re: Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 by valarinz: 12:38pm On Sep 13, 2016
nurey:

Anytime you come here and spew trash, don't ever quote me. I have seen two xc90 everyday and they don't have 3rd row and neither do they have navigation. I have seen so many xc90 and I have not seen them with NAV. So it means NAV isn't standard on them.

Mr ITK you just attacked my opinion which I am entitled to and never gave the op the needed advice. What does that say about you. If you are frustrated please don't transfer your aggression on me, am just a kid

Initially you said they don't have 3 seats rows, now you said you've seen two and they dont have

Initially you said they don't have navigation now you say it's not a standard feature, I only made my point with pics proof, as I know it pained you I know you've learned your lesson

Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 by nurey(m): 12:47pm On Sep 13, 2016
valarinz:

Initially you said they don't have 3 seats rows, now you said you've seen two and they dont have

Initially you said they don't have navigation now you say it's not a standard feature, I only made my point with pics proof, as I know it pained you I know you've learned your lesson

Thanks
As much as I can see who you are, you didn't even read the thread but decided to attack me. Thank you sir for that, I have learned something from you.
Re: Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 by valarinz: 12:50pm On Sep 13, 2016
nurey:

As much as I can see who you are, you didn't even read the thread but decided to attack me. Thank you sir for that, I have learned something from you.

Good, you're welcome
Re: Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 by Conner44: 12:54pm On Sep 13, 2016
nurey:

You are wrong attacking him. You stated that you saw just 2 of those suvs and then based your opinion on them, not only did you keep it to yourself you are giving advice based on it.

That guy pointed out your mistake and you flared up... Why?

Do you know that I was also led astray by your erroneous initial post? This forum is public and you know it. Look at the views this thread has and imagine how many people have and will still read through it to add to their knowledge.

It seems that the volvo has a hidden/on-demand navigation system hence your reason for thinking it didn't. I myself was able to deduce that from the picture the other poster put up.

But why attack him for stating the obvious (which you didn't)? Let's try to be more mature in our dealings on this forum bro

4 Likes

Re: Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 by nurey(m): 1:03pm On Sep 13, 2016
valarinz:

Good, you're welcome

It seems you have calmed down now. I can see you feeling fly abi. Diportivo corrected me by saying the xc90 has a third row with respect and I was even asking him if it was standard.

We all know when comparing two things, you compare base model to base model besides in my review I didn't pick any of the two, I have entered them both but I have not driven them before I just see them everyday.

If you had showed me the pix initially and told me the xc90 also comes with navigation (which I Google and found a little info on) I would have learned but your attack wasn't a learning phase.

I have to say I don't know it all I don't even know some parts of a car and can't identify them but when we are humble, we learn.

But you sir was proud in your correction,and it has defeated the purpose of learning.
Re: Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 by nurey(m): 1:07pm On Sep 13, 2016
Conner44:

You are wrong attacking him. You stated that you saw just 2 of those suvs and then based your opinion on them, not only did you keep it to yourself you are giving advice based on it.

That guy pointed out your mistake and you flared up... Why?

Do you know that I was also led astray by your erroneous initial post? This forum is public and you know it. Look at the views this thread has and imagine how many people have and will still read through it to add to their knowledge.

It seems that the volvo has a hidden/on-demand navigation system hence your reason for thinking it didn't. I myself was able to deduce that from the picture the other poster put up.

But why attack him for stating the obvious (which you didn't)? Let's try to be more mature in our dealings on this forum bro

Thanks for the correction sir, the two xc90 I see don't have the navigation, I know that, it isn't standard even though it is hidden I confirmed. I was corrected by someone on the 3rd row thing I didn't attack that person. Please read the way he made the correction and if you don't find it abusive then I will tender an apology.

I don't need to enter/drive 10 variant of a car to give a review about it.
Re: Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 by valarinz: 1:15pm On Sep 13, 2016
nurey:

It seems you have calmed down now. I can see you feeling fly abi. Diportivo corrected me by saying the xc90 has a third row with respect and I was even asking him if it was standard.

We all know when comparing two things, you compare base model to base model besides in my review I didn't pick any of the two, I have entered them both but I have not driven them before I just see them everyday.

If you had showed me the pix initially and told me the xc90 also comes with navigation (which I Google and found a little info on) I would have learned but your attack wasn't a learning phase.

I have to say I don't know it all I don't even know some parts of a car and can't identify them but when we are humble, we learn.

But you sir was proud in your correction,and it has defeated the purpose of learning.

Ha!!! Oga, I see this is now about pridee and ego, else I dont see what it is to feel fly or offended about

There was no proud correction anywhere, go read your intial posts again, you were listing and stating your points authoritatively and they were totally wrong, someone have to correct you and advise You not to speak so authoritatively on an issue you know you don't know that much about, which I did

The OP intended this thread to educate himself and you were feeding him so wrongly, why not just read, take correction and move on, na waa o

1 Like

Re: Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 by diportivo: 1:19pm On Sep 13, 2016
valarinz:

Thanks

This is absolutely unnecessary

And nurey is being blamed for flaring up

He didn't even say it matter-of-factly

nurey:
but you sir was proud in your correction,and it has defeated the purpose of learning.

I totally agree with this statement

Inasmuch as u know something,there's always someone that knows much more than you do.......its a privilege and not a bragging right

We are all here to learn...not to be put down and trampled upon

Anybody carry knowledge come from womb
Re: Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 by nurey(m): 1:23pm On Sep 13, 2016
valarinz:

Ha!!! Oga, I see this is now about pridee and ego, else I dont see what it is to feel fly or offended about

There was no proud correction anywhere, go read your intial posts again, you were listing and stating your points authoritatively and they were totally wrong, someone have to correct you and advise You not to speak so authoritatively on an issue you know you don't know that much about, which I did

The OP intended this thread to educate himself and you were feeding him so wrongly, why not just read, take correction and move on, na waa o

I don't have anything to tell you again I don't know where I said anything about being authoritative in the matter. I list out what have seen about both if I was going to be authoritative I would have done a full review.

Good day to you.
Re: Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 by ilsmiling(m): 8:50am On Sep 14, 2016
I have seen volvo xc90 2005 model, fuel consumption is low compare to highlander. I was made to understand that d volvo is using 5 plugs. This is what im very sure of. But its just 2 roll seat i.e d front seat and the back seat a d the truck is big
Re: Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 by ilsmiling(m): 8:54am On Sep 14, 2016
I have acura Tl 2004 model for sale and i also have volvo xc90 2005 model for sale. All tincan cleared. I mean tokunbo and very clean. Call or whatsapp me on 08026607216 for pix.
Re: Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 by consultancy: 11:10am On Sep 14, 2016
modak:

Overall

how can u compare an acura mdx 05 with a crv of same year? the closest sibling to the mdx is the honda pilot
Re: Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 by Durbaubal682: 10:32pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hello every one, how are you? smiley
Re: Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 by valarinz: 11:03pm On Sep 14, 2016
ilsmiling:
I have acura Tl 2004 model for sale and i also have volvo xc90 2005 model for sale. All tincan cleared. I mean tokunbo and very clean. Call or whatsapp me on 08026607216 for pix.

That's my man, best of both worlds, that's what I'm talking about
Re: Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 by Nobody: 6:26am On Sep 15, 2016
XC90 drives better than the 1st generation Mdx (i have driven both extensively). It has this heavy tank-like feel synonymous with old benzes.. In a good way. Just stay away from the T6 (they have the dreaded GM sourced 4speed auto which has a high failure rate). The 5cyl and V8 variants use an aisin sourced gearbox and are much more reliable. If u want a 6cyl version, u have to go for the 3.2L version (it also uses an Aisin gearbox). As for the acura, the parts are readily available, they also have transmission issues (01-03 especially, 04-06 have far lower failure rates). If the potential cost of engine/gearbox replacement scares u.. Go for the 01-02 model yrs). The MDX shares parts with the honda pilot (same platform). 01-02 Mdxes have 240hp while the 03-06 have 267hp.. Driving wise, its not as fun as the Xc90,but it feels much more luxurious (i hate the instrument panel of the 02-07 XC90s)..and one more thing: ON NO ACCOUNT SHOULD YOU USE ANY OTHER ATF APART FROM THE RECOMMENDED HONDA DW1 (Abro simply fastforwards the killing process). I forgot: fuel economy wise, the 2.5T and 3.2L engines of the XC90 are much more fuel efficient than the the 3.5L J35 of the Mdx.

3 Likes

Re: Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005 by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 16, 2016
XC90 anytime any day from the first generation to the second generation.

Simple but elegant, saving up for it God willing. That is an SUV I wanna own.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue / Toyota Avensis 2002 Salon / Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.