Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,691 members, 7,813,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 (3968 Views)

Phone Gurus: Samsung S7 Edge Vs Sony Z5 Premium / S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 / Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by Bossmd: 1:26pm On Sep 10, 2016
I think the Galaxy S7 edge is the only smartphone that can stand with the iPhone 7 at the moment. But which of these devices has the dominant features spec-wise? Well I think it may well be a tie. Let's hear other views meanwhile grin
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by DuBLINGreenb(m): 1:33pm On Sep 10, 2016

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by dmgr(m): 1:34pm On Sep 10, 2016

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by Busch: 1:39pm On Sep 10, 2016
DuBLINGreenb:
there's God oh
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by Bossmd: 1:49pm On Sep 10, 2016
Meanwhile you can pre-order the new iPhone 7 from Konga. The base 32GB model goes for just 300,000 while the 128GB and 256GB go for 380,000 and 420,000 respectively.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by boi21(m): 5:22pm On Sep 10, 2016
Samsung Is DOpe.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by omoadeleye(m): 5:33pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lolz. No cheesy

Fore more

Omoadeleye..com

6 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by yungcheda(m): 6:09pm On Sep 10, 2016
S7 edge is killer

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by jmichlins(m): 6:26pm On Sep 10, 2016
I will want that which I can afford like Infinix S+ so if you have it give me simple. The price of those phones can make me a millionaire
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by Bossmd: 6:38pm On Sep 10, 2016
Samsung will tell you to place your phone on an inductive charging pad and they will call it "wireless charging" grin

What is the difference between the charging pad and the iPhone Dock?

Koreans are bad at English though so it's excusable grin
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by Manchidede(m): 6:52pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lol... iPhone 7 plus all the way!!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by dmgr(m): 10:39pm On Sep 10, 2016
sum1 shuld pls hlp me wit a motorola charger
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by yungcheda(m): 2:33am On Sep 11, 2016
The truth remains that the s7 edge beats the iphone 7...in display, in battery, in RAM, s7 edge uses dual sim which is an added advantage in Nigeria judging by our poor network coverage, in weight as a lighter phone makes it very portable, a little in camera, has 3.5mm head jack (don't know if apple was smoking weed when they removed theirs), in water and dust certification, in collecting media from any other device easily and especially in cost of purchase.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by Phonefanatic: 7:27am On Sep 11, 2016
Bossmd:
Samsung will tell you to place your phone on an inductive charging pad and they will call it "wireless charging" grin

Will you be ashamed of this post when apple introduces wireless charging in 2018 or you will call it upgrade?

Difference between charging pad and iPhone Dock?

Charging pad don't have any charging pin that has to be slotted in charging port. you simply drop the phone on it and it charges. This can prolong your charging port or you can charge your phone even if you have a bad charging port.

IPHONE dock has pins just like a regular charger head. It won't charge if you don't plug it in. Disadvantage: Once your charging port goes bad your iPhone Dock is as useless as your charger.

I really don't see anything that stands out on the iPhone 7. Apply made mockery of iPhone users by taking off the earphone port then included adaptor which you have to carry about if you wish to charge and listen to music simultaneously besides that you have to shell out over 60k to buy their wireless earphone cheesy cheesy
They will soon remove the battery and camera then resell to you.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by Bossmd: 7:44am On Sep 11, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Will you be ashamed of this post when apple introduces wireless charging in 2018 or you will call it upgrade?

Difference between charging pad and iPhone Dock?

Charging pad don't have any charging pin that has to be slotted in charging port. you simply drop the phone on it and it charges. This can prolong your charging port or you can charge your phone even if you have a bad charging port.

IPHONE dock has pins just like a regular charger head. It won't charge if you don't plug it in. Disadvantage: Once your charging port goes bad your iPhone Dock is as useless as your charger.

But in both cases you still have to leave the phone on one spot to be charged right? So how is it wireless?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by Phonefanatic: 7:49am On Sep 11, 2016
Bossmd:

But in both cases you still have to leave the phone on one spot to be charged right? So how is it wireless?

In both cases the phones has to be in one spot agreed but that doesn't make it wired. It's still wireless. I've been able to point out a convincing advantage the charging pad has over the iPhone Dock which was your initial question concerning the difference. The difference is glaring just that I can't decide how you choose to use your brain.

If you ask my the way to the future I will boldly tell you it's charging pad. Seal off the charging port and you can charge by just placing your phone on the pad...... Apple will still follow thread but that's in 2020 when they finish dealing with isheeps. They will also introduce capacitative curve screen which is hard for them at the moment.

11 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by xtervaganza(m): 8:46am On Sep 11, 2016
Bossmd:

you seriously need to have your head examined.

So you want to compare a dockwhich uses your CHARGING PORT with wireless charging which needs no port to charge your phone?

No wonder you guys are called isheep.

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by KingRex1(m): 8:53am On Sep 11, 2016
The s7 is currently suffering from technical issues. The battery explodes while charging.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by Bossmd: 9:21am On Sep 11, 2016
Phonefanatic:

In both cases the phones has to be in one spot agreed but that doesn't make it wired. It's still wireless. I've been able to point out a convincing advantage the charging pad has over the iPhone Dock which was your initial question concerning the difference. The difference is glaring just that I can't decide how you choose to use your brain.

If you ask my the way to the future I will boldly tell you it's charging pad. Seal off the charging port and you can charge by just placing your phone on the pad...... Apple will still follow thread but that's in 2020 when they finish dealing with isheeps. They will also introduce capacitative curve screen which is hard for them at the moment.

Some e-goats are liking your post out of ignorance. Obviously they are as dumb as you are.

Can you please tell me the difference between inductive charging and electromagnetic energy distribution? Have you heard of energy conservation through electronic pipes? What does this equation remind you of? " I ∞ 1/d(2)

You talk like an illiterate that you are. Just because a wire is not plugged into your phone makes you believe you are charging wirelessly. You believe everything that the white man tells you, maybe your direct grandparents were slaves and you have a dominant inheritance of their genes. Dumb monkey like you. Don't you know the purpose of wireless charging is to be able to move your phone around and still charge at the same time? I cannot argue with you because you will never comprehend as we communicate at different levels.

Apple do not rush into exhibition of technology. That is the biggest undoing of Samsung. They want to quickly implement a feature just to please their gullible fans and in so doing make fatal errors in the process. This is evidenced by the fatal mishaps globally being caused by the notorious Note 7. Apple on the other hand take their time to design features that will stand the rigors of time. Have you googled the processes involved in manufacturing the jet black iPhone 7? You will know Apple put a lot of work into their products. Samsung mobile cannot be compared to Apple under any context. Quote me anytime; Apple will never put inductive charging into their device and call it wireless charging. They are much smarter than that. When they are ready for wireless charging the world will know.

Until then you can continue to place your android phones on your charging mat and enjoy your pseudo-wireless charging.

PS:Don't start something you ain't ready for.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by Phonefanatic: 1:43pm On Sep 11, 2016
Bossmd:

Some e-goats are liking your post out of ignorance. Obviously they are as dumb as you are.

Can you please tell me the difference between inductive charging and electromagnetic energy distribution? Have you heard of energy conservation through electronic pipes? What does this equation remind you of? " I ∞ 1/d(2)

You talk like an illiterate that you are. Just because a wire is not plugged into your phone makes you believe you are charging wirelessly. You believe everything that the white man tells you, maybe your direct grandparents were slaves and you have a dominant inheritance of their genes. Dumb monkey like you. Don't you know the purpose of wireless charging is to be able to move your phone around and still charge at the same time? I cannot argue with you because you will never comprehend as we communicate at different levels.

Apple do not rush into exhibition of technology. That is the biggest undoing of Samsung. They want to quickly implement a feature just to please their gullible fans and in so doing make fatal errors in the process. This is evidenced by the fatal mishaps globally being caused by the notorious Note 7. Apple on the other hand take their time to design features that will stand the rigors of time. Have you googled the processes involved in manufacturing the jet black iPhone 7? You will know Apple put a lot of work into their products. Samsung mobile cannot be compared to Apple under any context. Quote me anytime; Apple will never put inductive charging into their device and call it wireless charging. They are much smarter than that. When they are ready for wireless charging the world will know.

Until then you can continue to place your android phones on your charging mat and enjoy your pseudo-wireless charging.

PS:Don't start something you ain't ready for.

When you run out of ideas you start writing rubbish.... You asked for a difference and I stated the obvious now you are crying like a baby over an iphone 7 you don't have the money to purchase grin grin keep whining like a swine.
It will be a bit shame to you when apple go the same way.

7 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by sarutobie(m): 1:51pm On Sep 11, 2016
Phonefanatic:

When you run out of ideas you start writing rubbish.... You asked for a difference and I stated the obvious now you are crying like a baby over an iphone 7 you don't have the money to purchase grin grin keep whining like a swine.
lol...I could literally feel his anger seeping through his post...he even had to transfer some of the bile to the "likes" you got...kaii...

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by Bossmd: 2:01pm On Sep 11, 2016
sarutobie:

lol...I could literally feel his anger seeping through his post...he even had to transfer some of the bile to the "likes" you got...kaii...

Its called Schooling.

The boys knows next to nothing and he wants to battle his father. Haba
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by Bossmd: 2:12pm On Sep 11, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Just keep calling pad charging wireless. I am not to blame for your misfortune.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 11, 2016
Bossmd:

Just keep calling pad charging wireless. I am not to blame for your misfortune.

Not again!. ...God... .reading your previous post showed how your anger surged through your veins after reading what that dude posted!. ...its allowed tho!. ...

Go vent your anger on apple and not a company that is actually innovative

Use this and educate Yourself, since you're hell bent on trying to Sound ignorant.. . Take special note of that statement " THIS IS USUALLY DONE WITH A CHARGING STATION, ENERGY IS SENT THROUGH AN INDUCTIVE COUPLING TO AN ELECTRICAL DEVICE

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by Bossmd: 5:02pm On Sep 11, 2016
So if you had to place your phone on a charging station to use MTN services you'd still rate that as wireless telecoms. Inductive Charging is pseudo-wireless because it actually restricts your phone to a particular spot and in this case the charging pad or charging station..The true "wireless" charging is the "Long range" wireless charging, the type Apple is currently making researches on. It does not limit your phone to a particular spot.

Who would you rather beleive? Wikipedia or Isaac Newton?

Keepp in mind Wikipedia articles are constantly being reviewed.

You can actually type without sounding uncivilized.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by Bratking(m): 5:32pm On Sep 11, 2016
the guy above me is an idiot. doesn't know when to concede and accept correction gracefully..rather he's content to make more fool out of himself.

7 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by Bratking(m): 5:36pm On Sep 11, 2016
does inductive charging (wireless charging) use wire or not? nope. so what's this mama puta saying again?

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
Bossmd:
So if you had to place your phone on a charging station to use MTN services you'd still rate that as wireless telecoms. Inductive Charging is pseudo-wireless because it actually restricts your phone to a particular spot and in this case the charging pad or charging station..The true "wireless" charging is the "Long range" wireless charging, the type Apple is currently making researches on. It does not limit your phone to a particular spot.

Who would you rather beleive? Wikipedia or Isaac Newton?

Keepp in mind Wikipedia articles are constantly being reviewed.

You can actually type without sounding uncivilized.

This dude is just stupid! .....how can someone sound so stupid! ....i give up.! This context is self explanatory ...wireless. ....and ure still here arguing that it ain't wireless.. ..every body even in the tech world call it WIRELESS CHARGING and you're here trying to prove a point that doesn't exist.. ..Oga.. ..go and hold a conference and tell the tech world how foolish u sound......Lemme move on abeg, I hate it when someone will be trying to sound reasonable but he's actually being stupid in actual sense.. ....Enjoy your thread.....

5 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by Bossmd: 6:08pm On Sep 11, 2016
Bratking:
does inductive charging (wireless charging) use wire or not? nope. so what's this mama puta saying again?

Like I already said, the true wireless charging is yet to come. I'm outta this crap. Sorry I condescended to argue with you low lives!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by yungcheda(m): 11:22am On Sep 12, 2016
As long as there is no visible wire, it is wireless...

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 by bimbor(m): 11:37am On Sep 12, 2016
yungcheda:
As long as there is no visible wire, it is wireless...

That's correct. But I think what the Op was trying to say was that the phone movement is limited when placed on the charging pad hence the purpose of the wireless charging is defeated and that was why he was comparing it to dock charging since both require the phones to be just on one spot. Inductive Charging is wireless charging no doubt. I actually doubt the possibility of "Long range wireless charging" which is the message the Op was trying to pass across. Long range wireless charging and Inductive charging are both wireless charging technologies. let's get that straight. But the former may still take years to be implemented into the smartphone. The main barrier on the Long range wireless charging is that energy is lost as it travels along a distance according to the Laws of Physics. No smartphone company can change the laws of Physics, not even Apple. so I don't see the implementation of "Long range wireless charging" anytime soon, Although anything is possible technologically.

No more insults guys, it's not healthy at all.

Cheers!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unbelievable!!! Mobile Phone Deducts Airtime On Its Own. / Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. / How To Transfer MB On MTN Sim.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.