Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup (20984 Views)

The Best Nigerian Afang Soup Recipe / Nigerian Afang Soup / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Vegetable Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by VastfinderBlog(m): 3:35pm On Mar 14, 2017
Afang soup retains one of the leading positions being among the most treasured and often-cooked Nigerian soups. When you have never tried out and prepare this fragrant soup, it is about time to do it. We propose you one of the very most popular recipe of the Nigerian veggie soup. Benefit from the cooking process and undoubtedly, the final result.

Many adore this soup {since it is well prepared with fruit and vegetables, so Afang soup is effective for health, nutritive possesses fiber.

Enough theory, let us start the useful part. Now it is a higher time for the question:

Ingredients for Afang soup:
*. One kilo of fresh water leaves;
*. 0,5 cup of grounded crawfish;
*. 200 grams of fresh Ukazi leaves;
*. Three stock cubes (the one you like best);
*. 1 head of naturally dried fish;
*. 2 not very big fried or better grilled fish;
*. 1,5 cups of palm-oil;
*. One cup of winkles plus one cup of snail (it is optional, so you may add them if you want)
*. Salt and pepper;
*. Several onions;
*. 1 kilo of meat for your taste (chicken, beef, goat).

Recipe for Afang soup:
• Prepare snails and periwinkles: wash periwinkles and snails,
Advice: Try to buy already precleaned periwinkles, usually sellers make all the manipulations. To get rid of the sliminess of snails use juice (lime or grape).

• Wash and bland fresh Ukazi leaves, if in you place you have no possibility to find the fresh leaves, you may freely substitute them by the dried.

• Wash and cut by the kitchen knife water leaves. In the case you do not want your soup to be so watery, just squeeze water leaves before hand and only after add to the soup.

• Wash meat, cut it into the desired slices, put into saucepan.

• Precook the meat with two cubes, chapped onions, pepper and salt.

• Remove the spine of the grilled fish and wash up the head of naturally dried fish. Add ready roasted fish and the head to the meat, process the cooking until is done.

• Pour palm-oil, crawfish, black pepper, salt, snails, and winkles and stew for additional 5 mins

• Add water leaves and stew for another 5 mins before you add Ukazi leaves.

• Stew for additional 5 mins, turn off the heat and leave for several mins.

• Enjoy fragrant Afang soup!

Hope you will like our recipe and fill share it with your friends. Take a chance to find other interesting recipes of Nigerian soups and traditional dishes on our site. Bon Appetite!

Source: http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/03/recipe-how-to-prepare-nigerian-afang.html

lalasticlala, Mynd44, Sissy3, dominique, Seun

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by Airborne02(m): 3:39pm On Mar 14, 2017
wink ftc
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 14, 2017
Calabar recipe cheesy

I always suspected Mynd44 to hail from this region grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by oluwasegun007(m): 3:39pm On Mar 14, 2017
if u chop dis kind food finish..... to do go just dey hungry uuu grin

13 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 14, 2017
Yum.

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by VastfinderBlog(m): 3:40pm On Mar 14, 2017
hhhh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by heryurh(m): 3:40pm On Mar 14, 2017

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by SlimBrawnie(f): 3:40pm On Mar 14, 2017
I need to learn this particular one for my future hubbys sake

8 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by corperscorner: 3:40pm On Mar 14, 2017
grin

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by ProsperUSA: 3:41pm On Mar 14, 2017
Nice
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by Divay22(f): 3:41pm On Mar 14, 2017
Somebody or anybody pls bring Eba o shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked :oChai

11 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by madjune(m): 3:41pm On Mar 14, 2017
My best delicacy.

So great with fufu.

5 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by kateskitty(f): 3:41pm On Mar 14, 2017
shocked
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by dayleke: 3:41pm On Mar 14, 2017
Me likey that......
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by Jerryojozy(m): 3:42pm On Mar 14, 2017
Afang soup my favorite. Akwa Ibom ayaya!

Genius J

10 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by LordXaaan: 3:42pm On Mar 14, 2017
A nairalander that doesnt like this soup is that one a nairalander?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by Captain001(m): 3:42pm On Mar 14, 2017
Thank you.
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by Allylic(f): 3:42pm On Mar 14, 2017
I love ds soup....garri with afang soup.....missing my boo of life

2 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by eanestca(m): 3:43pm On Mar 14, 2017
finally a post worth bookmarking

now back to the matters arising

A president that travelled for vacation to London and came back without bread, is that one president ?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by teebee22(f): 3:43pm On Mar 14, 2017
Tasted it once with cowleg and it wow!
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by Jerryojozy(m): 3:43pm On Mar 14, 2017
Afang soup my favorite. Akwa Ibom ayaya! Aboikpa ayaya!

Genius J

3 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by lalasticlala(m): 3:46pm On Mar 14, 2017
Afang, Edikaikong my favorite

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by Sultty(m): 3:46pm On Mar 14, 2017
Stop stop! Abeg u r already making my mouth watery se u want make dem know say i never chop cry

2 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by DannyJ19(m): 3:47pm On Mar 14, 2017
I no need recipe to cook
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by clems88(m): 3:48pm On Mar 14, 2017
I'm gonna Cook it this weekend though ate it once since I came to calabar cool
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by Astuteleader(m): 3:49pm On Mar 14, 2017
several onions indeed.. In afang soup. Who taught u dat one.

13 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by AuroraB(f): 3:50pm On Mar 14, 2017
Will cook this on my bday grin
Thanks Op. You simplified this quite well smiley

3 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by harriet412(f): 3:50pm On Mar 14, 2017
Oh, how i love this soup..
Infact my favorite grin grin

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by ekems2017(f): 3:50pm On Mar 14, 2017
It is always better to put water leaf before palmoil. And affang leaf as the last to make it half done.That's the real efik way

13 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by Buharimustgo: 3:51pm On Mar 14, 2017
This is the best soup in Nigeria,followed by Atama soup then the others

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by AngelicBeing: 3:51pm On Mar 14, 2017
Nice soup grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yoruba Cuisines To Try / Peak Milk Launches Peak Milky Pap With 'life Evolves, So Has Pap' Campaign / My Special Fried Rice Recipe With Leek And Celery (pics And Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.