Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,115 members, 7,811,135 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Blogging Help Needed Urgently - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Blogging Help Needed Urgently (876 Views)

How Will I Start Blogging?help Needed. / 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging / 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blogging Help Needed Urgently by marhoinspire: 2:31pm On Sep 10, 2016
i applied for adsense 2weeks ago and has not gotten a reply from them.
i get on the average1500 page view daily. both from social media and direct access from web. its a religious blog.
how else can i monetize my blog?
[url]agpmstudy..com[/url]
Re: Blogging Help Needed Urgently by sam6055(m): 2:40pm On Sep 10, 2016
I could tell you...

But where are you getting your views from social media (is it Facebook groups, twitter accounts or what)
Re: Blogging Help Needed Urgently by marhoinspire: 2:42pm On Sep 10, 2016
sam6055:
I could tell you...

But where are you getting your views from social media (is it Facebook groups, twitter accounts or what)
facebook and twitter.. i share the post mainly on my members facebook page.
Re: Blogging Help Needed Urgently by sam6055(m): 2:47pm On Sep 10, 2016
marhoinspire:

facebook and twitter.. i share the post mainly on my members facebook page.

meaning you don't have a group... okay there are many ways to monetize your blog which includes writing of books or advertisers coming to you themselves instead of going through google adsense..

Now for that to happen first of all you need to buy a domain (that is get rid of ..com and get .com .net .org or whatever)

Also... you blog can offer services, like religious counselling... or any service you feel you can offer (like a career blog for example... will offer to write you CV, Cover letter, they will offer to review it for you etc)...

Also you can monetize with adquet.com... although its quite disappointing.... others include infolinks.com and media.net (media.net is quite impossible)
Re: Blogging Help Needed Urgently by marhoinspire: 3:32pm On Sep 10, 2016
sam6055:

meaning you don't have a group... okay there are many ways to monetize your blog which includes writing of books or advertisers coming to you themselves instead of going through google adsense..

Now for that to happen first of all you need to buy a domain (that is get rid of ..com and get .com .net .org or whatever)

Also... you blog can offer services, like religious counselling... or any service you feel you can offer (like a career blog for example... will offer to write you CV, Cover letter, they will offer to review it for you etc)...

Also you can monetize with adquet.com... although its quite disappointing.... others include infolinks.com and media.net (media.net is quite impossible)

thank you for this info.
how much will it cost me to get raid of the . n get a custome domin name?
and can ubhelp me wit dat
Re: Blogging Help Needed Urgently by Princejebs(m): 4:06pm On Sep 10, 2016
Why will you apply for AdSense when you don't have your own domain?
Re: Blogging Help Needed Urgently by sam6055(m): 4:12pm On Sep 10, 2016
marhoinspire:

thank you for this info.
how much will it cost me to get raid of the . n get a custome domin name?
and can ubhelp me wit dat

Okay you speak terrible English... hahhaha (Remember laughter is good for your health)

So you can either buy a domain and host it on wordpress which costs more or just buy a domain and let google host it for you... I bought a domain and allowed google to host it for me..

Here is how... I bought the domain from web4africa.net (2,400 at that time now its 3,000 I think) you create an account with them, search the domain you want to check for availability, seen it, pay through your atm card or go to their bank accounts to pay (Eco bank or GTB) after paying you go and fill a form to show you have paid... after you can contact me again
Re: Blogging Help Needed Urgently by Mattizzy(m): 5:29pm On Sep 10, 2016
Go to [url]WHOGOHOST.COM[/url]
Re: Blogging Help Needed Urgently by marhoinspire: 6:00pm On Sep 10, 2016
sam6055:

Okay you speak terrible English... hahhaha (Remember laughter is good for your health)

So you can either buy a domain and host it on wordpress which costs more or just buy a domain and let google host it for you... I bought a domain and allowed google to host it for me..

Here is how... I bought the domain from web4africa.net (2,400 at that time now its 3,000 I think) you create an account with them, search the domain you want to check for availability, seen it, pay through your atm card or go to their bank accounts to pay (Eco bank or GTB) after paying you go and fill a form to show you have paid... after you can contact me again
well i cant see the part that's terrible in d English except for the typographical error.
i will do as you say and get back to you. thanks for your time.
Re: Blogging Help Needed Urgently by marhoinspire: 2:13pm On Sep 15, 2016
sam6055:

I have made the custom domain name purchase. I'm currently waiting dor confirmation.
what next should i do in other to integrate the domain name to my blog?
Re: Blogging Help Needed Urgently by sam6055(m): 6:58pm On Sep 15, 2016
marhoinspire:

I have made the custom domain name purchase. I'm currently waiting dor confirmation.
what next should i do in other to integrate the domain name to my blog?

when you log into your web4africa account you will see a link telling you to confirm payment... Click that link and fill in the details... (Do not wait for confirmation)

after confirmation... I want you to follow this link

https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/1243/2208/how-do-i-use-my-domain-with-my-blogger-account

Now when you get to the point where two CNAMES are provided for you... you copy the CNAMES here is what you need to do..

Contact the web4africa.net support team for technical support and tell them you are trying to connet your domain to your blog...

They will request for the CNAMES, which you will provide and then they will link it themselves and there you have your blog...
Re: Blogging Help Needed Urgently by ileviathan: 8:00am On Sep 22, 2016
Maybe you’d like to think about other ways to monetize your blog.

There are several issues with AdSense and display advertising as a whole.
One is low compensation per click. You will need to get a lot and a lot of traffic to get anywhere close to a decent income by just running ads on your blog.
Second are ad blockers. They are becoming a nuisance for bloggers. If the low compensation does not get you these guys will.
Last but not least is UX. You have very little control to who and what is being advertised on your blog, and being in the niche you’re in this can have a negative impact on the user experience of your blog.

So let me give you an alternative here.

Content syndication is a great option for you. It is a bit harder to work with this companies, as they have certain traffic and quality requirements which are pretty high, but I you do manage you can do well.

http://www.outbrain.com/
https://www.revcontent.com/

Native Widget Advertising is also a new and exciting alternative for you. Native ads get past ad blockers pay more and don’t disrupt UX as display advertising does.

• [url=http://www.baseify.com/join?utm_source=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nairaland.com%2F3341771%2Fblogging-needed-urgently%2349569179&utm_medium=forum%20comment%20&utm_campaign=social%20participation%20]http://www.baseify.com[/url]
http://adsnative.com/

You can also create your own product. Write a book or some kind of a lecture which your audience can find useful.

A lot more alternatives out there so don’t sweat it, if AdSense does not work for you wink
Cheers
Re: Blogging Help Needed Urgently by benzems(m): 3:47am On Oct 26, 2016
How to add latest news widget on blog
on breaking news widgets on blog
Re: Blogging Help Needed Urgently by bedfordng(m): 8:50am On Oct 26, 2016
marhoinspire:
i applied for adsense 2weeks ago and has not gotten a reply from them.
i get on the average1500 page view daily. both from social media and direct access from web. its a religious blog.
how else can i monetize my blog?
[url]agpmstudy..com[/url]
go get a custom domain name

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Web Developer To Co-found Our Startup / Get Mtn 100gb + 100,000n Airtime With Just 20n / TBC For Sale At Cheap Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.