Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. (2572 Views)

"I Travelled For 1 Week & My Husband Turned My Kitchen To This" - Woman / My Husband joystick Is Too Small To Satisfy Me / Jobless Graduate Welcomes A Set Of Triplets. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by kolaaderin: 2:42pm On Sep 10, 2016
A family of ten who demanded a six-bedroom home and turned down three properties have now been warned they face becoming 'intentionally homeless'.
Arnold Mballe Sube, his wife Jeanne, both 33, and their children live in a three-bedroom, end-of-terrace home in Luton, Bedfordshire - which they describe as 'the worst place they've ever lived'.
The couple turned down three properties including a four and five-bed home thought to be worth between £250,000-£270,000 - and are demanding a property with at least six double bedrooms.
The family received more than £100,000 last year in benefits and while they waited to move into their current home, Luton Borough Council housed them for almost four months at the town's £160-per-night Hampton by Hilton hotel, costing £38,400.

However Luton Borough Council today issued an ultimatum to the couple - either they accept a formal offer of another available four or five bedroom property or make themselves 'intentionally homeless'.
They will then be required to find their own home through the private rental market.
Labour councillor Tom Shaw, who is in charge of housing at Luton borough council, revealed the family only viewed one property before turning down two others they were offered.

During their stay at the hotel, the family ran up £21,000 in room service which they refused to pay, leaving the council to foot the bill.
The family have received annual hand-outs worth £44,000 since they arrived in the UK - made up of housing and child benefits, as well as child tax credits and NHS course payments.
Their hotel stay has pushed that total to more than £103,000 in the last 12 months.

Describing the family's all-expenses-paid stay in the Hilton hotel, Mr Sube told the Sun: 'We couldn't cook. Children were eating on the carpet.
'We were ordering room service, chicken and chips, Chinese food.
'We had to order it twice per day for all the kids and all the family. The council said I had to pay a bill for living in the hotel.
'That was very traumatising because we didn't ask for them to put us there.'
Originally from Cameroon, Mr Sube moved to France at the age of 18 and moved his family to Britain from France in 2012 so that he could study mental health nursing at the University of Bedfordshire.
The NHS agreed to fund the £27,000 degree for Mr Sube and he uses one of the bedrooms in the home as a gym/office, the Sun reported.

They claim the conditions of their current home are 'terrible', but turned down the chance to live somewhere roomier over a lack of storage space.
Mr Sube said: 'Me and my family have been neglected, we are living in a three bedroom house and there's not enough room for us to live - there's ten of us.
'It's so cramped and the conditions are terrible, my children are starting school and we can't stay here any longer - we need a bigger house.
'The council is trying to make things hard for us, my wife is a full time mother and I am a student.
'They're just making excuses, we need a five or six bedroom house with double rooms to comfortably fit our family in.'
Their youngest daughter is just three-months old but even after viewing a new, five bedroom house, the family refused this property because of the lack of storage space.
Mr Sube added: 'There wasn't space for the things of ten people, it didn't even have a dining room.'
A spokesman from Luton Borough Council said: 'Housing stock in Luton, is under constant pressure and on occasions we may have to locate families temporarily outside of Luton.
'Despite difficulties we managed to find Mr and Mrs Sube affordable housing in Luton that is large enough to house them and their eight children.
'After a generous offer on our part, we have done our bit and if housing is offered and declined without, what we judge, good reason, then we will offer the property to another family.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3777922/Jobless-couple-eight-children-say-neglected-council-offered-new-five-bed-home-didn-t-dining-room.html?ito=social-facebook

Re: Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by kolaaderin: 2:42pm On Sep 10, 2016
angry angry

This is why the british dont want parasite migrant into their country, you are jobless and u keep given birth like pig and then u want to be living like a king in another mans land without a job. if it were to be their actual country the man will be soo sorry for his own arss now.

11 Likes

Re: Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by TooNoisy(f): 2:47pm On Sep 10, 2016
Turning down a privilege he cannot enjoy in his own country.

I really don't think Africans deserve any help from the Western world, cos when we get there we will take advantage of the system and even defraud them.

9 Likes

Re: Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by kolaaderin: 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2016
The family

Re: Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by cococandy(f): 2:55pm On Sep 10, 2016
They are too kind.
I'd have pushed him out on the streets since. Having many children when you can't afford to take care of them and then abuse the system that tries to help you. What a mor0n.
Like anyone would send his sorry many-children-having-ass if he was back home in Nigeria. They are even paying his school fees. What a terribly ungrateful human being.

7 Likes

Re: Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by lilmax(m): 3:10pm On Sep 10, 2016
wait fest, is it alcohol or jazz that is controlling the life of this man?

3 Likes

Re: Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by izinbizi(m): 3:12pm On Sep 10, 2016
Pls send them back to Africa, we have very big rooms with storage waiting for them.

7 Likes

Re: Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by greatgod2012(f): 3:12pm On Sep 10, 2016
I have seen so many ungrateful people but this one takes the lead. In fact,,he deserves being called the most ungrateful person living.

Mtchew....,..

What rubbish!

7 Likes

Re: Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 10, 2016
izinbizi:
Pls send them back to Africa, we have very big rooms with storage waiting for them.

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 10, 2016
The truth is that there are always people like him who are very good at playing the system
The council is also very stuppid for not using their brains and common sense.
Unfortunately common sense is not that common when it comes to spending tax payers money
Why put him in a hotel?
The Hilton for that matter
How was he supposed to cook seriously?
They should have put him in one of their temp properties (private or theirs)
Councils are crazy sometimes

Anyway whatever they do, since they have let him in, they are going to have to pay for him and his family until Kingdom come, cos even if he finds private accommodation, the fact that he is on benefits, the council will still have to pay his rent anyway
Private landlords deliberately increase rents to social tenants (who can blame them?)

Even if the man graduates today, its very unlikely that he can afford to look after 8 children on a mental health nurse wage only, and he will still need handouts
Its not beans to buy a 3 bed house these days talk less of a 6 bed house
council don enter one chance with this one.

8 children!!!
I hope she puts a stop to it. Its the woman who feels the effect of childbirth the most.
Life is for living too o!
Even if you are loaded, what are you doing with 8 children? Seriously

10 Likes

Re: Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by kolaaderin: 3:30pm On Sep 10, 2016
izinbizi:

Back in Africa, those children would have been dispatched for child labour all around the country, 2 will be with the fathers brother in kaduna, 2 with the mothers cousin in oshogbo, another 2 with ground ma in Offa while 2 will be mature enough for house girl somewhere in Lagos and portharcourt, while the last 2 that where not mature enough will be living in chronic poverty with the man and his wife in a single room face me i slap you house somewhere in Igando.

then the man would have deemed it fit to consider castration to stop his silly third leg in between his laps from committing more abomination.

12 Likes

Re: Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by Prettiepearlz(f): 4:24pm On Sep 10, 2016
Na wa ooooooooo, this man is very ungrateful. A lot of people would be happy if they get half of this kind of gesture extended to him, yet he has the opportunity, he is feeling entitled. What's with Africans and this sense of entitlement? Abi na UK send him to born 8 children, the woman sef try. At least he should have managed the 5 bedroom flat whether spacious or not. Would he get such from his own country in Cameroon? The houses are worth £250,000 - £270,000, that's a whole lot of money in Naira and I am sure it's a whole lots of money in his Cameroon currency and its sure that he wouldn't get quarter of such money in his country. This man is a typical example of Ole(thief), Ole(Lazy man) and Ailainitelorun(someone who isn't contented) . Go back to Cameroon and you will know you are privileged.

6 Likes

Re: Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by crackhaus: 5:13pm On Sep 10, 2016
VIP living on benefits, lmao... gringrin

Some Africans in UK sha, very funny set of human beings.

5 Likes

Re: Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 10, 2016
8 children. wat nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by kolaaderin: 7:00pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lalasticlala pls take it to the permanent site, let people see what an ingreat this family man could be.
Re: Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by seunoni34(m): 8:02pm On Sep 10, 2016
People like this disgust me. As if he can get one-third of this treatment anywhere in the black man's land.
So entitled!
This will make the council think twice before giving out social benefit to those who really need it the next time.

6 Likes

Re: Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by Bibitayo2: 9:21pm On Sep 10, 2016
I don't understand

Can someone please explain why the Council is paying their bills?...... especially for the house.

1 Like

Re: Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by JustHere2Observ(f): 1:12am On Sep 11, 2016
Jobless and they are breeding like rabbits. Toor

3 Likes

Re: Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by EfemenaXY: 2:51am On Sep 11, 2016
Now I fully understand KanwuliaExtra's comment about the potency of a jobless, black man's akamu. grin

4 Likes

Re: Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 11, 2016
cococandy:
They are too kind.
I'd have pushed him out on the streets since. Having many children when you can't afford to take care of them and then abuse the system that tries to help you. What a mor0n.
Like anyone would send his sorry many-children-having-ass if he was back home in Nigeria. They are even paying his school fees. What a terribly ungrateful human being.

Who tell u say den be Nigerians?

3 Likes

Re: Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by cococandy(f): 2:44pm On Sep 11, 2016
njokusboy:

potayto-potahto

It will probably be worse wherever he's from.

1 Like

Re: Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by sweetcocoa(f): 3:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
Just imagine.

What kind of a person without a job and a home has 8 children?

Only in matters like this, will I like how Nigeria handles things, this one no go see under bridge live sef, was he nigerian, nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by Onegai(f): 3:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
EfemenaXY:
Now I fully understand KanwuliaExtra's comment about the potency of a jobless, black man's akamu. grin

Nothing like the potency of a jobless black man's akamu! Driver with 11 kids is a "blessing"! grin Emergency snip snip for this man biko! And of course he will make every migrant look bad. And then his fellow Africans will now be submitting almost DNA, their Grandmother's Fingerprints and Lie Detector test just to get 6 month visa to the U.K. because of this nonsense.

How come he's getting benefits? If he's not a citizen those kids aren't citizens.

1 Like

Re: Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by ifyalways(f): 6:16pm On Sep 11, 2016
What can I say? Lucky him. angry
Re: Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by lepasharon(f): 6:55pm On Sep 11, 2016
I even thought he was somali smh
Re: Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by 5minsmadness: 2:04pm On Sep 12, 2016
njokusboy:

Originally from Cameroon, Mr Sube moved to France at the age of 18 and moved his family to Britain from France in 2012 so that he could study mental health nursing at the University of Bedfordshire.
Re: Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 12, 2016
Bibitayo2:
I don't understand

Can someone please explain why the Council is paying their bills?...... especially for the house.

In the UK, if someone has no income or is on a very low income, the govt pays rent as well as some other benefits.
For immigrants though, the person must be in the country legally to get these payments.
Re: Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by damiso(f): 4:10pm On Sep 12, 2016
I cant stand the fact that people like this give the daily wail evidence for their often one sided anti immigrant rants.

Tearoses we have one at work at the moment with God knows how many children in a 6 bed house ( I never even knew there were 6 bed social housing units shocked) ok we are have a major refurb project and are looking to decant them to temp accommodation while works are going on. do you know he is insisting that he wont move out till we get another 6 bed house to move them to like seriously angry angry angry angry and there are deadlines to meet angry angry so very annoying at the sense of entitlement angry Its always them that throw spanner into works cheesy

See him posing for picture again sef awon amuni buni iranu ( means someone who lets people lump people into the same category)..

2 Likes

Re: Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 12, 2016
He entered through the EU so he's benefited from EU migrant. So his wife's visa processing into the UK would've been cheaper.

He probably saw that Uk would give him more benefits than staying in France so he relocated kids in tow.

Then he picked nursing cos that's fully funded by NHS plus he gets allowances. The loopholes in that nursing thing are such that he can be on that course for years and later abandon it claiming some reason or the other.

He's already doing side business that's for sure.
Council ppl lack common sense in doses.

His wife never reach menopause so Dem jus dey start. Besides all the kids may not be his.

1 Like

Re: Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 12, 2016
damiso:
I cant stand the fact that people like this give the daily wail evidence for their often one sided anti immigrant rants.

Tearoses we have one at work at the moment with God knows how many children in a 6 bed house ( I never even knew there were 6 bed social housing units shocked) ok we are have a major refurb project and are looking to decant them to temp accommodation while works are going on. do you know he is insisting that he wont move out till we get another 6 bed house to move them to like seriously angry angry angry angry and there are deadlines to meet angry angry so very annoying at the sense of entitlement angry Its always them that throw spanner into works cheesy

See him posing for picture again sef awon amuni buni iranu ( means someone who lets people lump people into the same category)..

You see me man couldn't get away with this in France so he moved to lovely Britain
Re: Jobless Black Migrant Family Turned Down Free THREE Houses As 'too Small'. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 12, 2016
salsera:
He entered through the EU so he's benefited from EU migrant. So his wife's visa processing into the UK would've been cheaper.

He probably saw that Uk would give him more benefits than staying in France so he relocated kids in tow.

Then he picked nursing cos that's fully funded by NHS plus he gets allowances. The loopholes in that nursing thing are such that he can be on that course for years and later abandon it claiming some reason or the other.

He's already doing side business that's for sure.
Council ppl lack common sense in doses.

His wife never reach menopause so Dem jus dey start. Besides all the kids may not be his.

You know come to think of it
They may be relatives/friends kids who he has taken on for a better life in the UK
The more I think about it the more unlikely that he had 7 kids in France
France are not that friendly to immigrants for someone to go and have 7 children

Damiso na so ooooo
They always know their rights even more than the oyibo's sef grin
Meanwhile the NHS is falling to bits, yet they are spending money on Hilton hotel room service
Sometimes I blame the govt/council more than the people who take advantage.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is To Keep Marriage Certificate? Husband Or Wife / Beautiful And Classy Bags For Sale / Am I Safe With My Decision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.